All Comments on 'A Star is Born'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 135 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Two things to mention before giving you a solid 5 star vote. First is that, as the saying goes: Good things come in small packages...like TNT or Kelsey. Second it that some of the best German foods and drink can be found in Texas. By Geneva Convention rule captured soldiers had to be held captive in the environment in which they were taken prisoner. Many Wehmacht infantry soldiers captured in the North African desert found their way to Texas as POWs. At the end of the war some chose to stay in Texas and added to our nation's future greatness.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

While yes you did warn us that this didnt cover any new ground, I thought it would be better than it ended up being.

Not that it was bad, I think the basic plot was fairly decent, a bit unrealistic with the non-PI guy video taping them.

And you, like so many other writers, for some reason, think more is more, but less actually is.

We get that many writers just HAVE to make the woman a worthless slut because they fall short in the ability to write in a manner to achieve what the writers wants the reader to feel.

But heres a hint, not that any writer is bright enough to grasp the concept...so I'll spell out as easy as possible. You kids wants the reader to get really pissed at the wife and be happy to see her lose the love of her life, so she cries a lot, yet when you kids throw in this cliched idiocy "Thankfully, who ever had shot the video hadn't had access to their hotel suites. Having her family see this was very bad, but seeing her in a threesome with Brad and some, young makeup girl..." you clearly write a woman who does NOT give a damn about her husband/marriage. If the readers here were smarter than the average cuckservative they'd get that the "I love you so much, please give me another chance" shit doesnt match up with her actions. Yes the knuckle draggers get a hard on thinking the poor love sick girl is losing the love of her life (boo hoo) when she clearly doesnt feel that way, even though you try and ram it down our throats about how sorry she is. It fails, right across the board.

If it were just Brad a couple of times, the "Youre the love of my life" might work but when you go too far it doesnt. At least with anyone out of the single digit IQ range (this far as rare as a unicorn) but the BTB crowd is literally as easily pleased by idiocy as the cuck crowd. Sorry but thats the way it is. Tone it down, it fits better and works more towards the end you want.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Some folk really expect a story like this to be what they see as perfect. For me, I enjoyed reading it. I expected some real answer from the Tessa, but the character didn't have one. Interesting.

Anyway, I thought it was a very good read. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I had No idea My Ex was cheating on Me . If Her company hadn't had a new security guard I would still be married to the cheating Cow . Like I said No idea whatsoever as her friends did a great job of covering for her . I will always thank That young Marine for saving Me some Hurt . Yes he got fired and Yes He now works at at My building . I love people with Pride and Loyalty .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

so nice the cuckold insincts didn't take over here. Great ending She got burned but by chance not by the person she shit on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Would have been 5 stars if he did not end up with his team member, another slut too!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hindsight is always 20-20 but even then he should have enjoyed a few rolls in the hay with her and then moved on. He knew she was going to be trouble so he can't say he's surprised. Too bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

to "iamaweasel", keep your sanctimonious sneering condescending tripe out of sight, unwritten, let your little democrap ass sucking mind fester in your demented fantasy world, and try to remember that its better to be a self censoring secret idiot asshole than to write BS that confirms it for everyone not in your clique. rk

xtc5xtc5over 1 year ago

I loved it. Thanks for sharing your story.

Chimo1961Chimo1961over 1 year ago

Are Irish women aware of how often they appear in these stories?

I’m starting to get real curious about em.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah he could never win against her career. She was selfish. Not sure why all the exhibition crap and the threesome inside the hotel. Wasn't a simple affair enough? Not much nuance. She went to San Antonio for a week and blew up her marriage repeatedly. She is in a profession that engenders zero trust. The exhibition sex really was stupid on so many levels. Husband has to assume it isn't the first time, even though it was. A dumb selfish bitchnof a wife. And her reasons were so selfish again. Doesn't make her protestations of love seem remotely valid. This seemed more like an experiment in outrage. Would have liked a more nuanced story of a LW who finally succumbs to all thr flirting and being hit on as part of her acting and modeling career.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on this one . When I got Divorced I wish I would have had a friend like Kelsey

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anytime put anything or anyone before spouse you quit the marriage.

Career,job,kids, All come in second to the spouse. !!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anticlimactic. At least the plot didn't fall off a cliff like others do when they are too lazy to finish a story.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

4 stars - I like this story

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 1 year ago
I Am Plagarizing

...Erotfan's comment: a delightful blend of "pathos and humor" makes this an enjoyable read.

We hope DFW's hiatus is temporary.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

meh

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Nicely written, nice character and well described story

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"He saw no recognition in Tessa's eyes." - That's telling, that she's so self-centered that she couldn't even remember one of his FOUR co-workers.

\

@Anonymous Re: Scores. I used to feel and score similar to you, but I give out more fives than I used to, for several reasons. Let's say a story is less than a 5, but more than a 4, say a 4.5. Giving it a 4 drags it down, Yes, a 5 pulls it up, but that offsets the 3's and 4's. Or, let's say it's a 4. A single 1-bomb needs THREE fives to get to a four.

\

@Anonymous Re: Similar stories - There ARE other stories with the woman being an actress or a model. I can't think of a title right now, unfortunately.

\

@Richie4110 Re: Brad - I know everyone wants to punish the Pussy Hound, and often they DO deserve it, but it's the wife who vowed fidelity. Unless she was drunk, drugged or was forced, the fault is hers.

\

@Anonymous Re: Her career - Fuck her career downfall, this sort of thing if career gold! Look at the Kardashians.

vanyevanye12 months ago

@sbrooks , I guess your vows were different from the standard vows - most couples swear fidelity to each other, it's not just the wife.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Aaargghhh, I can't stop myself. It's not a Beemer if it has more than two wheels, it's a Bimmer. Ask the BMW Club of America or the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America. This story rates five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

2 stars was ok

OOAAOOAA8 months ago

GREAT story!!!

SignedBTWSignedBTW5 months ago

I've Read This Story

Several times and each time I don't remember right away as Paul Harvey used to say "...the rest of the story." Each time I fall for the same thing at the very beginning where she sounds so scared and lost. Even at the end I don't find her at all evil, just weak and still scared. A tribute to the Author for being able to do that to me. *****'s still. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This is why dating models actresses and strippers is a bad idea. They are constantly getting propositions from people for their career. When they are vulnerable emotionally often get taken advantage of. They will do almost anything to further their fame and career. A marriage to someone who is in these type of business is doomed to fail. Needless to say it would be hard to go from being married to such a beautiful woman to dating a normal girl. But better to have a woman who is trustworthy than a whore who brings home the latest STD of the month. I know a guy who used a condom and still got an incurable STD because they are not 100% protection and the only safe sex is to limit sexual partners. Open marriages fail at 95% so even doing that would not be worth staying in.

Schwanze1Schwanze15 months ago

Read again.

What Anon this is why said.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story , well written and I agree that this needs a follow-on. I hope the author does it and soon. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

No payback on the cheaters here. Only half a story at best.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

I struggled with this one because frankly, it's a bit mundane. The premise isn't that exciting, the revenge isn't that exciting, I didn't feel like we spent enough time with any of the characters to get to know them that well and the relationship drama was pretty... standard LW fare. I'm giving it a 4 since it was so well written, but the story is basically filler that seems to only exist to suit the need to rhyme a line.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

WUSS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

It resonates. His wife may love him, but he's comes in second to her "needs, wants,and desires". Self entitled, and narcissistic, very hollywood... ) they consider it confident along with attractive?

bacchant2bacchant2about 2 months ago

4 stars because there was so much missing, this had the makings of a 3 part story but it just stopped.

Catcher78Catcher78about 2 months ago

Tess, epitomizes Matroyshka nesting dolls, keep peeling them until their is nothing. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

A star is born and a marriage is drowned

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...