A Star is Born

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh no!" she smiled back up at him. "One car. That way if you drink too much, it'll be easier to get you back home. But we can take your car if you want, just give me the keys when we get there."

"Bossy little thing, aren't you?" he chuckled.

"Yep!" she said grinning back at him.

They walked back over to his car with Kelsey still attached to his arm. He opened her door for her and then walked around and got in the driver's side. Soon they were headed up to the German restaurant.

"You know I'm sorry if I was out of line back there," Kelsey said softly.

"Which time?" Lamar chuckled.

"With Tessa, asshole," she laughed. "I mean... I really didn't mean to stir things up... well not too much!"

"Well, you weren't helping things."

"Wasn't trying to!" she snorted. "Look, Lamar, she treated you like shit, and then she bats her eyes and says she sorry and acts like things are all better? Oh, hell no!"

Kelsey shifted uncomfortably in her seat. Finally, she turned facing him and softly touched his arm.

"Lamar?" she said gently.

"Yeah?"

"You must've figured it was Marty who had the guy watch your wife while she was in San Antonio, right?"

He nodded.

"Yeah, well, I was in on that, too."

"I figured that as much, as well."

"You're not mad?"

"No, but I do have a couple of questions."

"It wasn't supposed to happen like that," she rushed. "The guy who filmed it wasn't supposed to sell the videos to some porn site!

"Marty said the guy wasn't actually an investigator and Marty hadn't paid him anything yet. Then, when the guy took those videos and they were in public... well, he made a little money selling them.

"Lamar please believe me, you weren't supposed to be embarrassed like that. I'm so sorry!"

"All right, I guess I can see how that happened. I can even understand Marty's involvement, but why yours?"

Even in the early evening he could see a blush slowly creeping up her neck and cheeks. Slowly she took a deep breath and continued.

"Because when you mentioned your fears, I knew it would be hard for you to do what it would take to find out the truth. When someone suspects their spouse is cheating on them there's a real good chance that they are. When I found out she was, I wanted to protect you. You don't deserve that! You deserve someone who will love you enough to keep their damn legs together when tempted!"

"Well, I agree, I deserve someone like that. Then again, everyone who enters into a monogamous marriage deserves that.

"But you haven't answered my question... why?"

Kelsey's face froze momentarily, then she fell back into her seat, staring wide-eyed out the front windshield.

"Because... because you're a friend and I care about you," she said weakly, never taking her eyes off the road ahead.

"And you care about me... like a friend?" he replied gently.

The little redhead sat frozen as her emotions played out across her face. Finally, she dared to glance at the man sitting next to her. A small knowing smile was plastered on his handsome face.

"Asshole!" she huffed then turned and looked out her side window.

Lamar could barely make out the glistening in her eye.

"I'm not stupid, you know," she almost whispered. "I know I could never compete with her. She's a model for fuck-sake. Both my tits combined wouldn't make one of hers. And she's so damn beautiful..."

"You know?" he interrupted, "It makes perfect sense why Tessa would cheat on me. Just look at that asshole, Brad. GQ looks and athletic body, an ex-Dallas Cowboy, and famous, at least in this part of the country. No way in hell I could ever compete against that! No, she can't be blamed for falling for someone like him."

"What the hell are you talking about‽" Kelsey shouted. "Not to blame! Holy shit, are you serious? It shouldn't matter if he was a Greek god..."

The fiery young woman froze, staring at his smile.

"Asshole," she barked. "You... you... asshole."

Lamar laughed.

"Listen, Kelsey," he said softly, "I understand what you were trying to say, but you're wrong. Sure, Tessa is beautiful but that's only on the outside. That's just a package wrapper. It's flashy and colorful and draws attention. Lord knows it drew mine!

"But that's all it is, a wrapper. What's most important is what's inside. What all this has shown me is that what's inside my soon-to-be ex-wife is... just isn't that special. I don't know what's an act and what's real now.

"I know she's afraid her modeling career as she knows it is coming to an end, but she won't deal with it. She won't even talk about it and has no intention of giving it up. As long as it's me vs her career and the career keeps winning... our marriage was doomed.

"I'm sorry," he continued. "That wasn't where I meant for this to go."

"It's okay," she replied gently.

"No, what I wanted to say was that looks are important but nowhere near as what's inside. And, Kelsey, you're more than attractive enough for any man."

Kelsey peered at him until he had to turn away and focus on the road. She continued to stare silently at him for several seconds as he refused to make eye contact with her and shifted uncomfortably in the driver's seat.

"So," she finally cooed softly, "you like my wrapper?"

He snorted.

"Yeah," he said smiling. "You're very attractive for an Irish elf!"

"Shut up, you jerk!" she laughed.

"Besides," he continued, "I've heard some really explosive things come in small packages."

"You have no idea! But you might... if you play your cards right."

"Ah, Kelsey... I umm... I..." Lamar stammered.

"Relax, I know it'll be a while before you're ready," she said with a smile, "but when you are, I hope you'll think of me first."

"Until then..." she said waggling her eyebrows causing them both to laugh.

"You know you actually did it, don't you?" she continued.

"What?"

"You found your own way to leave your lover. You made her a star, Lamar. And got... your ass... free!"

They both chuckled as she gently reached over and brushed a hair off his face.

"You know it's really going to be okay, don't you?" she whispered.

He nodded. "Yeah, in time it will be."

He realized that the days ahead would be dark, but he also knew he wasn't alone. Not only did he have friends and family, but he also had someone special. Whether that would grow into something or not he didn't know but there was hope.

A new chapter had begun.