All Comments on 'A State of Grace Pt. 03'

by carbinemaster

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
TLB1981TLB1981over 6 years ago

If these morons don't like this story arc then they don't like real life. She could be an important allie in straighten up this cluster fuck mess. As gunny highway would say don't give the pricks the satafaction.

WordcraftWordcraftover 6 years ago
My Impression of Crystal

CM, I'm okay with Crystal, so long as she stays an annoyance to the characters, and not a participant with anyone in bed. (Except maybe as a partner to Jack?) Up until now, they (Fleur, Liza, Grace and Kevin) have stated and exampled fidelity to each other. Case in point, I loved Kevin's response to his family that he'd rather die with Grace than live without her.

To introduce Crystal in a sexual context with any of them destroys that, and the character's integrity and loyalty are empty actions and words. Crystal would only be acceptable in my view if they were all promiscuous from the beginning of the story, which they are not. Please feel free to message me if you are so inclined. I think the story so far has been excellent.

Hexdsword6Hexdsword6over 6 years ago
Keep on writing and rocking!

Love your story and anonymous be damned for their half assed critiques! Keep writing and keep rocking!

sabra16023sabra16023over 6 years ago
Outstanding Story

Your story is well written. I can't wait for the next chapter. To the anonymous dickheads improvise and overcome what ever your problem is.

tjb50caltjb50calover 6 years ago
awesome update

great intense well written chapter, looking forward to many detailed chapters on how things work out with fbi and the aftermath...

agreed with the other comments, mostly.....

no doubt grace and kevin will have children together, but im wondering if liz and fleur want their kids with kevin too ? adding crystal too maybe? as a father (guardian,step father,uncle or brother,) figure for kayla?

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 6 years ago
A great chapter of a great story

As I said in the previous chapter, my adversion towards Crystal is due to my personal demons. In fact, I remember (my bad memory), I sent you a personal message, but I'm not sure either :(

I love this story and the characters of Grace and Kevin. I've read all the chapters about them, and one of the things I liked the most was the lack of promiscuity they had. Yes, they are brother and sister, but their relationship is a real romance and the story almost lacked explicit sex scenes. This implies that a story of incest is much more difficult to write, since it takes a lot of argument to evade sex and keep the attention of readers.

By putting an analogy, it would be the same as winning the NASCAR with the worst car (sexless incest story), which would mean the best driver (writer).

I fully agree with the comment from Wordcraft.

To date, you've written an incestuous, but not pornographic, romance. I think that's the difference. Here there are many hot and pornographic stories, but very few authentic incestuous romances, and also in thriller key!

I think the readers of Literotica know me well enough to know that I'm not used to posting anonymous comments, since I have almost nothing to hide. If a story is not to my liking, I do not read it, much less attempt to offend the author, for me, it's that simple.

You are one of my favorite authors, along with the whole saga of Kevin and Grace, and I must admit that I have read your stories, with the exception of secret lovers, precisely because of what I have already explained (my personal demons are not a good memory for my).

CM, you're a good writer, I have no doubt about it, just some things are not for me, but Kevin and Grace are characters I love, so I do not want your story to turn into group sex. Obviously, you are the author, and you are the one who has the last word.

I will only say one thing, as long as this story continues as it is now, I will continue to be a fan of it.

I hope my comment explains my opinion and that you do not feel offended by it.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 6 years ago
I'm enjoying the series

Thanks for sharing. 5*

Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusover 6 years ago
Wow, this is going in totally different direction

And here I thought that we've already seen all the spy stuff you could come up with, I'm loving every second of this and hopefully you have a ton of chapters coming in the future! Of course I feel it for the people Trent hurt with his dealing but at the same time it's such a great driving force for the story and character development. And now that the feds are getting in on the story I really hope that the ring gets busted and the perpetrators get their fair share of the treatment. I can't help but wonder about the things Jack knows and could provide for the resolution to this situation, it would actually be cool if he could get some semblance of emotional revenge for his own suffering.

Fleur & Liza wanting kids was a nice touch to balance Grace's wish of the same but it probably escalated a bit further when they saw how good was Kevin with Kyla, you can't be oblivious to happiness in its purest form. As for Crystal - I have no problem with her character, she brings some comical relief and spices everything up with her serious yet carefree attitude, and I know that Kevin & Grace's love is too pure to allow her in their bed. But by all means keep her around.

Well it's yet another 5* worthy performance, it took me by surprise how dark some moments were but it more than pushed the story forward and now I'm tethering on the edge of my set to seat for the next chapter.

lantern04lantern04over 6 years ago
Amazing

I'm even more hooked on this series than I was on your first series. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
How long

Loving this series. Just, how long till the next chapter.....hopefully not too long. 😎

norwegianlionessnorwegianlionessover 6 years ago
Still don't like Crystal

You're a good author, with a lot of talent, and I am very glad that we saw a lot more of the love between Grace and Kevin in this chapter. But Crystal, I can't stand that woman. The way she touches everyone so inappropriately, it's just not nice! And so disrespectful!! I hope you in so shape or form get rid off her, I really don't like her.. Monster woman..

joeisincogniyo80joeisincogniyo80over 6 years ago
5 star

5 stars...please write as you intended..i don't know why anyone would dislike the crystal character, if anything she brings more intrigue..keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Better than the last two chapters

This chapter was better than the last two. I still hate the Crystal character, and I think she is dragging the story down. It would have been different if she was in it from the start, but to add her at this point has an hugely damaging effect. She isn't needed.. And please keep her out of their bed!!!!

AbrahamlickinAbrahamlickinover 6 years ago
Great story

Great story. I've been following this from the very beginning. You should get a publisher. You have have great talents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

A superb story I only wish that you are able to produce the next chapters quicker, I'm desperate to more of this story.

LegMannLegMannover 6 years ago
Continued Excellence

Hey CM,

I'm really enjoying the ongoing saga of Kevin and Grace. And while both series are tagged incest "My Saving Grace" would obviously have been under the romance category without the protagonists' familial relationship.

But now that the romance is firmly established, if one were to ignore the brother/sister relationship, "A State of Grace" would fall squarely under novels/novellas. I think you are handling he drama and intrigue quite well.

As for Crystal, I don't see her as either comic relief as another poster put it, or as a throw-away character. She obviously provides a connection to non-local law enforcement, while her daughter's presence helps provide glimpses of the father Kevin will eventually become.

Keep up the great work. We appreciate you sharing your writing talents.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hmmmmmm

I can't help but get a bad taste in my mouth when I read about Crystal... She is stepping on to many toes. It would make a difference if she finally could understand that a NO IS A NO! I mean, she has gotten an rejection so many times now, that she is becoming a pest. If the story takes the turn where she can find her place as a family friend, and nothing more, I guess it will be ok. A suggestion is that she find her significant other. That way she can leave other people alone. Sorry for the anonymous, but I choose to always comment anonymously.

Corrupted_DreamsCorrupted_Dreamsover 6 years ago
Great story

I love it

About blocking Anonymous users. I publish in the Dutch section and although there is a much smaller audience there I have blocked anon feedback, I don't understand why Lit even has the option to reply anon. I hate comments that are verbally aggressive and I noticed anon users often tend to be just that.

If I were you I'd block anon altogether, users who are willing to respond in a normal way are often registered users... there is no need to comment anon, only if you want to troll

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not true!

To the last person, that write that all anonymous users are trolls! That is so not true! I tend to comment anonymously, because I don't feel like showing people who I am, does that mean that my comments are worth less than others? I have gone through a lot of comments, and there are a lot of people that say things in a respectful manner! I understand why there has been so much blowing up in this comment section, because this went from a romance/love/drama story, about two people that had to fight to be together, to a story about a sex crazed lady that constantly tries to get between them! Those who like Crystal are obviously those who likes these stories about orgies and threesomes. Where everyone is nymphomaniacs, and just hump each other all the time. So of course there will be a reaction when there is added someone like her, in a story like this. A lot of people like to stay anonymous, there is nothing wrong with that.

norwegianlionessnorwegianlionessover 6 years ago
Why corrupted dreams?

Why should CM block anonymous users corrupted_dreams? I haven't seen that many disrespectful comments pointed towards the author. Yes there are many comments pointed towards Crystal, is that so weird? Have you even read the hole story about Grace and Kevin? Do you honestly think that Crystal fit in to that picture? This series have a lot of readers, and the type of people that like this kind of story (romance), does not necessarily like a person like Crystal, coming in to their favorite romance story! I certainly didn't....

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Very well done!

This whole series has been great to follow...anticipate what might happen next....a totally enjoyable read! More please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Remember Crystal's introduction in part 1?

It was, at minimum, intimated that she had been through something similar to what Liza and her mother experienced, as did many others, before her escape to the west. Am I the only one who caught this? Her current work with other survivors backs up her own experience, thus making her more able to help them than someone with no firsthand experience. She only adds to the story IMHO, even though she obviously was not completely deprogrammed or some of it just didn't take.

For some reason my password has stopped working and no attempt to change it has worked. So for now, I am another Anonymous. I was rasmat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Despise...

I still despise Crystal.. She is a horrible woman. And a sorry excuse for a human being. I wish she would leave Grace and Kevin alone. Does she really have to be THAT much in the story?

justcusinsjustcusinsover 6 years ago
Superb Story

I have been following the story faithfully. You are an incredable author who needs to publish you stories in books.

Please continue with Kevin and Grace's story.

I can't get enough,it's captivated me like no other story I've read.

Well done!!!

Pmc75Pmc75over 6 years ago
Just found your writing

Am following now for Sure

Great storey line

More please

meme165meme165over 6 years ago
Getting darker, but still fantastic

Let me start by saying I know Crystal, well not Crystal as such but a woman who is just like her and who has the same history as Crystal including a young child, one minor difference is that she's Chinese, but the characterization is her. It's as if you had written an out line of her autobiography when you introduced her, and she does act inappropriately just like Crystal, which is fun to watch when she meets someone new who hasn't been warned about her intimate behavior.

The story is going down a darker and darker path, "My Saving Grace" even though it was a bit "heavy" at times, was in general an entertaining read (that may not be the right choice of word but it will do for now), but this is heading down a far darker path, but at the same time is keeping me hungering for more.

Please keep the story of Kevin and Grace going for a long time to come,

thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Please kick Crystal to the curb!

That you have Crystal in this story, makes me want to quit reading it! I think that is a great shame, because I'm sure I'm not alone. She is a terrible person, with no morals or respect!

Ryanx360Ryanx360over 6 years ago
no hate

I don't hate Crystal :P

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Continue the story, "Great"

I feels all the persons in this story work really will, including Crystal. I understand her actions based on what she went thru. Have a friend that was an escort in order to live, and since leaving the life style and becomming very successful, she still has the same type of tendencies. When is the next story "State of Grace" comming out?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
She doesn't fit...

One thing I have always loved about the story about Grace and Kevin, is that it is about LOVE. And not one of those sex crazed stories were everyone is jumping in to bed with each other. Crystal just doesn't fit this story, she is making things very uncomfortable, for a lot of people. She's not a very good person, and she need to keep her hands to her self!

Texasboy87Texasboy87over 6 years ago
More of Grace and Kevin

The story about what the future holds for Grace and Kevin would be most welcome. There is a foundation here to help take the story to their old age. Thinking about their jobs, children, grandchildren and everything in between.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Continue

Please continue the story! I love it

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Kevin and Gracie

Please continue this story. It is so awesome it needs to continue.

I also think it would make a great movie or series of movies.

Maybe even a tv series for late night.

Please don't make us wait too long for the next chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Really hate her..

I’m sorry dear author, but I passionately hate Crystal. What a whore!!! For me she is ruining a really good story. Her presence makes the whole story cringe worthy. I just reread my saving grace, and it was like I couldn’t believe that you as such a good author would put such a disturbing and disgusting human being between such a beautiful couple as Grace and Kevin. I love Grace and Kevin together, and I just don’t understand why you would do that to them???

SinclarSinclarover 6 years ago
Awesome story

Great story series. Main characters really convey their emotions very well.

Don’t worry about the Crystal haters, as a supporting character she fills her intended role beautifully. She provides a link to the feds and her backstory allows her have insight into the exploitative criminal underground, while also proving a tinge of humor.

I really hope you continue Kevin and Graces story. I’d almost like to see more of Crystal, perhaps in a romantic joining with Kevin and Grace somehow. Expand upon their sexual universe a bit now that they can be together and there’s no doubts about their love for one another and he’s garnered a bit of experience.

WordcraftWordcraftover 6 years ago
NOW, I"VE GOT IT!!

Love this story, and I DON'T hate Crystal. :) I think Crystal adds a wrinkle to the mix, like adding the annoying side kicks C3PO and Jar Jar Binks in the Star Wars movies. She may prove to be critical to the story arc with her knowledge of the criminal underworld, to keep Kevin and Grace safe.

Both Kevin and Grace, up to this point have kept Crystal at arms length physically, which they should. Anything else, and you contradict your own story. At the very outset of their relationship they stated to each other that they were EXCLUSIVE, not inclusive. Case in point was written by you in Chapter 2 of MY SAVING GRACE:

Grace's beautiful features lit up as her feelings surged to the surface. "Oh God, Kevin, I'm so happy!"

"Me too, baby. Me too!" We held each other tightly, and I felt tears against my shoulder. I didn't worry though, because I knew the tears Gracie shed were tears of joy. I'll admit my own eyes might have been a little damp, too.

"It goes without saying, though, that we're exclusive," I said, pulling back and looking into her eyes again. "I'm a one-woman kind of guy, and that's an area where there's no wiggle room!"

"Yes!" she agreed. "I'm a one-man woman, my darling Kevin. It's you and me, and ONLY you and me!"

That said, PLEASE keep writing and post another installment soon!

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comicsover 6 years ago
You must continue

As I wave my hands in the air in front of your eyes, i mention words of comfort. "You must continue." Hahaha, please do continue. The story and love is only heating up and I hope to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Spellbinding

An absolute smash, a beautiful story well done.

Waiting for more

I don't have an account but my name is Dave

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Just read through 1,2 & 3 again to refresh myself for Ch. 04 and it is even better the 2nd time!

A superb story...the naysayers can read something else!

chipmandonechipmandoneover 6 years ago
Another masterpiece

I lost out reading Chapter 03 and just caught up. I have no opinion of your characters one way or the other. This rated up with the 80's TV series of Dallas with your writing. Go with your gut. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

All of my comments - and almost all of them are rave reviews - are anonymous, just because I don't have an account on this site and can't be bothered making one. There's also the concern that my usual screen name is pretty distinctive and there's always a chance somebody'll see it.

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearalmost 6 years ago
Atleast some get it

Wordcraft, TheOldRomantic, Leggman, and myself to name a few understand Why Crystal is here. And for the MORONS that don't and don't seem to care to pay close attention to a great story. Crystal provides the connection to the FBI so they can get around the corrupt law enforcement of this town. She is NOT there to ruin the romance. I agree with Wordman that if everything ends well Crystal and Jack Together would be a great way to complete that story arc.

c4vetteman94c4vetteman94over 5 years ago
I honestly would be fine with

The idea of Crystal joining Grace and Kevin in bed. Kevin would be a good father figure to Kayla and it would give stability to Crystals character, plus add a little kink to the story. Like many have said, I don't understand the hate for Crystal though. Its completely illogical at this point in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Justice

This is the 3rd time I'm reading "A State of Grace" and "Saving Grace" Love the Romance and Intrigue you have put into these stories. I hope you have got more Stories to write

SAV12SAV12about 5 years ago
KEEP CRYSTAL AS IS

DON'T LISTEN TO THE MORONS THAT CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY CRYSTAL IS IN THE STORY. JUST LEAVE HER AS IS, AN EX LOVER GRACE AND A VERY GOOD FRIEND AND ALLY.

SAV12SAV12almost 5 years ago
SECOND TIME AROUND

LET ME SAY THIS, THIS IS A GREAT STORY EVEN WITHOUT THE SEX, AND THAT'S WHY I'M READING IT AGAIN. I HOPE AFTER THIS SERIES THE AUTHOR IS WORKING ON A CONTINUED STORYLINE WITH ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS.

PrinceLukePrinceLukeover 4 years ago
Tensions...

The tension and the cliffhanger is perfectly done. Onwards to the next chaptef.

WargamerWargamerover 4 years ago
No third wheel

CM

I too am happy to have an ex join the story in a meaningful way, but not as a lover.

You asked why the harsh reaction to Crystal?

Easy, authors here have a habit of having their siblings pledge undying love to each other, their relationships are necessarily intense. Having been in one myself I get that.

They always demand that they and their sibling are now exclusive to each other. Given their intensive relationship they do NOT share. That is a reality I assure, Until we were forcibly broken up I would never of shared my Cousin with anyone.

But in these stories pledges of undying exclusive love mean nothing as third wheels are introduced into the tale.

It grates many people, like me, who have experienced this love, because we know it is not possible.

I hope that helps

PrinceLukePrinceLukeover 3 years ago
Third Read

Amazing chapter, Wargamer is 100% correct. A lot of authors just turn romances into family orgys. P.s. war gamer is there any way to contact you?

mrdata9770mrdata9770about 3 years ago

Okay, normally I try to avoid reading the comments so I’m not influenced by them when I comment. But after reading the author's notes I decided to go back and read the previous chapter’s comments. And what do I find, but a whole boat of three-way haters afraid that Crystal may wind up ruining the pure Bro/ Sis Romance. Now I’m coming into this story late in the game so all that has been written. I just need to say that I like the intro of Crystal. There are so many possibilities here and I don’t have a problem with the three-way or even the harem route (well, maybe the harem maybe too much, I guess. I’m such a male deviant.) With that said any inclusion of additional female influence would require the absolute approval of Grace. She holds the keys to the family jewels. But I don’t believe that such an outcome would really lead to the ruin of Kevin’s and Grace’s romance. Their romance is the bedrock of all these narratives. I trust the author not to do such a thing. I may be naïve and be proven wrong, but I don’t think so. The addition of Crystal and her child brings a new familial aspect to their story. Crystal has a child, Liz and Fleur want a child, and of course, Grace wants a child. Well now, who will be the daddy figure in these unconventional relationships? Gee now, who may that be? Full disclosure, if a Christopher character were to be introduced instead of a Crystal character, I would not be that liberal-minded, nope I would definitely not. I would be quite upset. Yup, I know what you’re all thinking, but so what. I’ll give all of you the Bronx cheer (Google it). So there.

Lions86Lions86almost 2 years ago

i really like this story but i feel like its getting to be a bit much. Like Kevin is just super hero extraordinaire and is always in the right spot at the right time finds all the hidden stuff and knows the passwords first try to get into them and knows how to extract all the files he needs and does it all with ease and thinks everyone is in on it. Its just a bad james bond movie that has a decent story minus the weird spy shit

nogravynogravy11 months ago

Personally, I'd block all anonymous comments. If someone isn't brave enough to put his name on the comment, what he/she has to say isn't worth your time or notice.

Aussie1951Aussie19518 months ago
Great storyline still

If Liz and her dyke girlfriend wants to have kids Kevin would be the ideal father nothing like keeping it all in the family. as for Crystal, I don’t mind her character as long as her relationship with Kevin stays as it is now.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Truly engrossing stuff. It's like a dark, mystery thriller with a brother/sister love story lightly woven in. Love it! So very different to all the stuff I normally read, but so much better. We need more stories like that for sure.

I hope we find out what happened "that night", the one Elizbeth was told to forget by Trent while under his hypnotic influence. Though part of me really doesn't want to know as it's sure to be horrifyingly sickening. Oh god, I hope it's not as bas as I imagine it to be, but then again, it's Trent we're talking about here, so fat chance of that.

As for Crystal, I like her. She's been through something horrible and life-changing, something that no one should ever have to endure - far worse than what Trent put his wife through, in my opinion. Yet, for her daughter, she fought her way out, killing those that would seek to keep her enslaved, and made a great life for herself and her daughter. That is truly amazing. Now, of course, her past has left some scars that won't ever quite go away, and it influences her behaviour in an almost subconscious way (the touchy-feely thing, for one). Honestly, if you'd been through something like what she has, you'd be understanding of a few quirks like that. She's an inspiration and quite frankly a welcome addition to the story. As long as she stays out of the relationship sexually, I see no reason for anything negative towards her.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

Huh? I post anonymous because I do not want to sign up for an account here. I'm not afraid of my name or hiding. I could care less to have my name linked with reading porn. I don't need emails reminding me of things and don't need to sign up to read a story. Good you would never do that. Prob more than 90 percent of people that read here never sign up for an account. Crystal isn't needed in the story. That's why people don't like her. She just needs a slap to the face regardless of her past. She's good with her kid. She can be better for her friends. She's not. She's acting like a sleez for kicks to get attention. No one likes anyone like that in the real world or fantasy.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous