All Comments on 'A Stitch in Time Pt. 07'

by MarshAlien

Sort by:
  • 257 Comments (Page 3)
TheFourEyedVampireTheFourEyedVampireover 7 years ago
You've done me proud, son

MA, I left a comment at the end of your story What Feats He Did That Day saying that I needed more samples of your work before I decided that I needed some coaching from you, and so far... I am NOT disappointed. I seem to recall saying something like "HOLY FUCK!" that time. Well... Imma say it again.

HOLY FUCK!

You, my beautiful friend, are gifted beyond normalcy. No. Gifted beyond SUPERnormalcy. You write impeccably on the life of amateur baseball players and reporters alike! Forget just impeccable. I've seen a bit of both, in fact, and you just about nailed it. Especially the drama of highschool in senior year. Yeesh. Messy stuff, teenage hormones.

Anyway, I am so far past just impressed. You have succeeded in doing all but one thing: Accurately reflecting the mind of a Sophomore. He was a senior through and through the way you wrote our dear Trick. And yet, despite that... I loved it. That was amazing. So thank you, and I look forward to reading more of your stories.

...

Well, maybe not the Accidental Gigolo...

But yeah. You'll be seeing my name again soon, you gorgeous writer of semi-smut, you.

- The Four-Eyed Vampire

TheFourEyedVampireTheFourEyedVampireover 7 years ago
Oh, and by the way...

Just a warning that if you have a series of stories, unless I'm around for each instillation's posting, I'm only gonna rate the last one, your greedy bastard.

- The Four-Eyed Vampire

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story

I really overall enjoyed your story, but if you are looking for some constructive criticism I will offer the following:

* I know this is a "sex story" site but does every character in the story have to be so slutty? How does Cammie go from unwilling to blow the guy she suposidy loves to a casual sex freinds with benefits tramp?

* How do Trick and Taynna go from having very obvious feelings for each other to her fucking his friend and him being OK with it in one night (without even hardly talking about it)?

* on the same subject there is no way in the world that Trick (or any guy) could take hearing how huge his friend was through the wall from Taynna and then just to drive that knife in from Cammie! He would be running for the hills.

* The story setup basically guarantees that Trick and Cammie have no future together by spending 4 years apart... Not really much of a romance?

Rickman48Rickman48almost 7 years ago
Touching the Soul

There are a few stories that I will come back and read over and over. A subset will be those that I remember and revisit because of the way they make me feel. This series is one of them. Thank you for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Always satisfying

I think I've read this story 5 or 6 times, I practically have it memorized. Thank you so much for this heartwarming tale.

JC_The_ContinuerJC_The_Continuerover 6 years ago
Tanya and the 'true' love.

Tanya's a lil bit of a bitch.

i didn't think it on my first read months ago. but this time i read it again and well, she is. she's demanding of him and has expectations that she's got no right to put a hold on him. Then she starts adding adendums and rules to their 'benefit's' that sorta make it... well, a relationship.

And then the end with cammie. It seemed, forced. If he'd ever had a conversation where he was really hurt, aside from the one where its 'well fuck you cammie rowe' i'd have believed it a bit more. But as it was, Tanya just goes, because you can't think of a present your in love, and then Jeanne doing the same. It just... i dunno. The rest of the story was so good that that large detail sorta blemished it for me i guess.

JC

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One of my favorites

I have read this story through 5 times now since I originally discovered it 10 years ago. It's great, even though I know that Cammie and Patrick will find it hard to get together at colleges as far apart as UVA and RPI.

But thank for this. It's one of the best things written on this site.

nycreadernycreaderover 6 years ago
I like Rickman48's comment from July '17.

I like (and rather agree with) Rickman48's comment from this past July: this is a nice feel-good story/series (and its beginning (especially the parts about how *some* of Patrick's family sincerely loves Christmas and love each other) is nice to read around "the holidays").

I saw the relatively-recent comment about how "slutty" characters are in this story, BUT... (as I've been reading a new series (a slow-building romance whose protagonist start out "in denial" about their feelings for each other) about which some commenters are basically complaining "This is LITEROTICA: Where's the sex??!!??") I think the balance of sexual activity, high-school drama, and character development in A Stitch in Time is actually quite good.

(Belated (I first read the series quite a few years ago) Thanks to MarshAlien.)

E. (or "nycreader").

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ive never wanted to read a sequel more badly!

Ive read, and re-read this multiple times. Ive never wanted to see a sequel to a story more badly than with this one!!

freudiansdickfreudiansdickabout 6 years ago
you gots to be kidding me

guy spends the whole story building up the relationship with the jewish girl to ultimately throw it all out the window in the shittiest way possible, what in the actual fuck

there's no development between the MC and the former "chubby braceface" girl during the WHOLE FUCKING THING and yet, we're supposed to be happy that he ends up with her, through a shitty, rushed buildup?

Just made me realize how shit the whole story really is -- fucking spends six chapters implying romance between two characters, to then-- ah fuck It. What was i expecting anyway

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nice guys finish last.

This is the ultimate nice guys finish last story. The asshole version of Trick would be a millionaire baseball player (picking college over life changing money is stupid) and also could date any girl he wanted. Instead he's stuck trying to force not one but two girls to be his girlfriend.

mustang1959mustang1959almost 6 years ago
Sometimes you get what you wish for.

Thank you very much for such a fantastic story, I read the whole thing in 2 days.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
One problem

You ever read a sex story that was so good, you end up skipping the sex part? That what I did for this story. I enjoy everything about it. The only problem: I don’t know ANYTHING about baseball, so I could really enjoy what is happening during the game. Other than that, it was great! Love it and thanks for a great story!

Redhawk45Redhawk45almost 5 years ago
About 04/01/19 Anonymous and not knowing about baseball

This story is all about revisiting high school and being the nerd. I went to the prom by my self, never played one high school inning of baseball or football. This story was all about going from ass**** to nice guy and being good at sports. I never understood baseball and still don't understand infield fly rule or whatever but enjoyed the story immensely. I've searched for more like it but can't find any on the website. Great read, good character development, humor, suspense, first love, this story has many jewels and stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Absolutely Epic

This series is so good, it shook me to the core. I feel like I have genuinely been changed as a person by reading this. I cannot thank the author enough for sharing it, and I hope many more people get to experience the joy of Trick's story.

49greg49gregover 4 years ago
Great!

Loved it. Even stayed up till 1:20AM reading it. On a work night.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Awesome, Awesome

I remembered that I read this a while back. It is just as good as I remembered it. Great job.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
This was such a great series and I so wanted to love this story..............

But I can't.

It's a great story/series but I am left empty after reading it. If it was a story that was supposed to leave you empty, it would be one thing, but it's not. It's supposed to have all the "strings" of the story tied up into bows and left under the proverbial "Christmas Tree". But rather than tying them up and leaving them in a bow under the tree, it simply left a lot of knots and strands of tinsel lying on the floor. Maybe it would have been better off returning him to waking up Christmas morning as a 14-year-old.

While Cammie and Trick were a nice touch getting together and in our minds, it might have been something akin to "True Love", in reality, it really wasn't. Does anyone believe after both of them going off in different directions for college and study they would still emerge as a "Couple"??? Trick and Tayna WAS true love even if they didn't realize it at the time.

I can see a Final Chapter of Trick and Tayna seeing each other at a reunion 10 or 15 years in the future where they are both divorced from Rabbit and Cammie and getting together to balance the universe.

Seriously, who snubs being picked 4th in the first round of the Baseball Draft to attend college??? NOBODY. Not even if it is the Devil Rays (Rays) doing it. $3-5 million a year is life-changing money. No matter the choice of career a person follows in college you aren't going to see that kind of return.

Only someone who is Full Retard turns that down. Good Left-Handed Pitchers are a rarity in the MLB and teams will usually give them more leeway than other position players and pitchers so they have the ability to "Drain" more teams for a longer time than other players waiting for them to develop.

Given that, a Fast Ball/Change-up only pitcher, even a Southpaw wouldn't get drafted that high. "3 Pitch" Pitchers are a bare minimum and since he never threw a curveball for a strike in high school you can't count him as that.

Authors need to realize the lifeline that is researching and those that do research for books and stories. I was a rare 3 sport athlete for a Division I University. Football, Wrestling, and Baseball (Catcher). I have played with several players that went on to play professional sports and even got drafted myself but knew I didn't have a future in it and went on to my dream, the Military, instead.

OmenainenOmenainenalmost 4 years ago
Too much sports

Got bored out of my mind with all the baseball. Other than that it was a very nice read and I did get through it, even with all the sports details. Would’ve hoped for a second meeting with Santa, though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
WHAT A GREAT COMING OF AGE STORY..

What a great story. Young Patrick Sterling goes from being a jerky freshman to senior overnight, to find sex, and redemption while growing into his own.. Well worth your reading time! ..And by the way, thank you for proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar both you and Trickster get an A+ In English. 😀

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Reasonable

Reasonable story.I am glad he didn't end up with Tanya,the way she hooked that night with Rabbit,shows she has the makings of a first class slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

An amazing story...but I was hoping he'd end up with Tanya

ealexerealexerover 3 years ago
Thank you!

I loved it from start to finish.

Rogue5512Rogue5512over 3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write this story, and for making my day after reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good use of the English language and proper punctuation don’t make a great story, but I notice that the really great stories do have both.

Well done! I really enjoyed this one.

Bill

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Great series. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

shades1ashades1aabout 3 years ago

I'm not sure what happened to this story between chapters 6 and 7. It's almost as if the original author got bored and brought in someone new to finish it.

On the whole, I was enjoying this series. It was an interesting take on a time travel story to jump forward, rather than back, which is usually the case. However, it did suffer a bit in that Trick should have been behind on the maturity curve, being mentally 15 in an 18 year old body, but all too often was behaving like a 35 year old, outsmarting all the adults in the room. However, that is hardly an uncommon occurrence on this site, so definitely not a deal breaker.

No, this story goes all wrong when there is a sudden switch of love interest with no story to support it. There is almost no connection between the characters established in the first six chapters and the behavior shown by those characters in chapter 7. If this was the ending originally intended, the groundwork sure wasn't put in place to support it. I really wish I had stopped reading after chapter 6 because I would still have good feelings about the series, but this bad chapter has pretty much destroyed the whole thing for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to create this. Always love these well-written stories about good people doing good. THANKS again.

heartlesslycan120heartlesslycan120almost 3 years ago

PERFECT... JUST PERFECT 5 ✨

mole114mole114almost 3 years ago

One of if not the best stories I’ve read on here got to chapter 5 and was already getting sad knowing it would end soon wonderfully written thank you for a great read 5* easily

ausvirgoausvirgoover 2 years ago

Loved it.

A great mix of humor, characters, baseball, suspense, erotica, plot twists, drama, romance, etc.

Mind you, it's a bit unrealistic that a star baseball player would be enough of a genius to catch up on three years missed schooling that easily, but then that's why it's fiction.

Old_LionOld_Lionover 2 years ago

MarshAlien, sorry I read the whole series twice now and for this one, I just had, seriously had to take a star off the completed story. This series was magical, mystical, humorous very enjoyable. but Sadly I felt something lacking in the series. It didn't feel whole or comolete It needed another chapter of two.

Maybe Cam & Tricks long distance love affair. Cam's college education and also from him waking up to the fact that most or ALL College baseball players were big fish in small ponds but now are ALL EQUALLY SMALL FISH in a much bigger Pond.

Then there's the is Trick going to able to compete at a higher level at College, will UV Win an NCAA FINAL Four. National Championship. Will Patrick choose to play in MLB if he keeps grades up and Play well enough to be Drafted after College. Then there is Trick doing his time in the minor leagues.

Then Cammie, how will her Scientific education continue, will she continue to play Volleyball. How WILL HER SPORTS CAREER GO considering Volleyball is an OLYMPIC SPORT? WILL their relationship continue with him in Virginia and her in up state NEW YORK? WILL they get jobs that allow them to be together? There is so that YOU WROTE INTO THIS THAT YOU NEED TO ADDRESS or you've basically screwed up your dedicated readers and followers. AND IT FUCKING HURTS TO BESCREWED BY AN AUTHOR WE INVEST SO MUCH OF OUR SELVES TO IDENTIFY WITH THE CHARACTERS, Then you dump us like dropping a turn in the pool palace. I'm pissed off that YOU MarshAlien have treated us like shit.

wish_thinkerwish_thinkerover 2 years ago

Welll the end was sweet but it needed a couple of chapters for the real end. Not enough of the come together and love story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story, all the aspects I look forward to in a romantic, do over. Great ending, and a great candidate for a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Damn. Just crying. Thanks for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You’re a gifted writer and have a great sense of humor. Keep the stories coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very enjoyable. Thanks for all your efforts.

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

High School romances and or let's be honest serial hook ups are not 'real life' and frankly are more a parody of 'real' relationships. To make a girlfriend declaration at the end of High School is not only the epitome of stupid but considering the seperate College's the absolute Grand Slams of trite, lazy and frankly tone deaf narration.

A much better plotline would of been having the protagonist going through the quagmire that is High School and then graduating to the cluster fuck that is College etc.

Dragging the carcass of High School relationships into College and beyond is so hard atypically unless your from a relatively close rural community where most of the people stay in the area unlike most urban people who literally go everywhere after graduation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What an amazing read. Hours of pleasure reading all 7 chapters. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the story. Had fun reading the negative comments that basically missed the point. Very sorry you are not still publishing. Wish you the best in life just like Cammie and Sterling. If you're still out there, would appreciate more stories like this and "What Feats He Did." Thank you1

Dezzysun2Dezzysun2almost 2 years ago

Thanks. Great story, much fun

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Congrats on a really enjoyable story.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

I loved this story, it had me smiling and tearing up almost simultaneously. Well written, and very entertaining. Five stars!

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

One superb story. So much fun, and central is a boy's loss, fall, recovery and redemption. This is memorable. Favorited.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

really great story. and wow

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Good read which I will heartily recommend, although admittedly, I kinda zoned out during the baseball parts. Long-winded and totally Greek to me.

bhojobhojo12 months ago

And this tale would still be perfect. Wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story it gets better with every chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Excellent story. One of the best on the entire site.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great premise, great story, wonderful writing, what’s not to like. Should get a 10

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Superlative storytelling at its best. This really is a crown jewel of a tale. Thank you for sharing this. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Story had its up and downs but in the end was a great read 5-stars. Thank You for writing this excellent story.

RoktotRoktot4 months ago

A great story, one of the best on this site. The main character seemed a little dense at times…socially anyway… but, a very likable guy.

I am/was a little taken aback by the casual move from one lover to another at the drop of a hat…

But, I’m older and not in tune with the youths… (a yout is a young …never mind)

Sayin’

Tob

texlootexloo4 months ago

I have no idea if the author will read this, but if so I thank him for the story. Someone before was pissed off at what they saw as a lack of a true ending. They took it personally. While I too would have liked to see another chapter, I am thankful for the free story. We, as readers, have no idea why the author stopped writing. It could be any number of reason from burn out, to a shift in life priorities, to a tragedy. Since we may never know, I emplore that commentor to show at least compassion, if they can't muster up gratitude for this labor of live.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Perfect.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magician25 days ago

Unusual story but interesting and engaging. Interesting premise for a story and well worth the read. Keep up the good work. MtM

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous