All Comments on 'A Storied Romance'

by Cobbler1023

Sort by:
  • 135 Comments (Page 2)
des67des67about 3 years ago

By far 1 of my favorite stories of all time, people make mistakes... In this case, Sara and Peter made the same mistake by not communicating with each other... Fiona failed to express herself after the miscarriage, gut-wrenching to find out your spouse has been cheating under any circumstances, but to find out the way Peter did can destroy his self-worth...I am glad Sara went to see Peter, lesson learned... Keep writing as you have been, whether people bitch and whine about it...Tough shit if they don't like it, write your own dam story and let the actual writers write complaints of your shit... Id give 10 stars if able...

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
@schwanze1 — talk

That’s why she wanted to speak to him just once. But he had left instruction with the Daniel Price firm to NOT give out any information about where he went. Also the lawyer was not to divulge where he was. I’m not sure if he made Todd promise not to tell Sara, but I assume so.

Obviously Todd’s Anna kept in touch with Sara, and it’d be hard to hide the pregnancy, AND easy for Sara to tell Anna to tell Todd to tell Peter that she did not cheat, the stories were fictional, and that she was pregnant with Peter’s baby. That’s the one fall down of the logic in the story. All Todd had to do in one quick run-on breath was say, “The stories were fiction Sara didn’t cheat she’s 6 month pregnant with your baby” before Peter could make him shut up. Why he didn’t? You’ve got me.

But this is a classic, if not common trope used in LW stories. I cannot remember the titles or authors, but I can think of at least two other stories that use “the husband refuses to listen to the cheating skank no matter what, and hangs up when anyone tries to mention the skank, but even when someone comes to visit they don’t tell him the wife was faithful, it was all a misunderstanding, and she’s pregnant” storyline.

One story was the wife was a radio DJ, and another was the British businessman husband took off to Italy (or maybe Spain) working in vineyards.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm sorry, but this is stupid!

They divorced and his daughter lost years with her father because she couldn't take the time to explain that it was just a story? WHAT?!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I really hate the stories that have the surprise child as a plot device--not a new-born nor an infant but a toddler or even older. It is really quite creepy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Kinda stupid story premise. The MC decides is wife is cheating on him because she wrote and published some erotic stories that had real characters in them. Without having a proper conversation with her about it he runs off, divorces her, marries someone else has a kid. The second wife does cheat dies in car accident and first wife turns up to explain that they were just stories she had written. I know this is just fantasy but really, this is just an insult to intelligence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What a stupid story... and offcourse.. what a stupid writer!

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Great story and this goes to show what happens when you fail to communicate, fortunately it all worked out in the end and Sara and Peter lived happily ever after. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yet another story about an immature man-boy who impulsively upends his whole life, hurts other people in so doing, shuts down all communication, then bemoans his fate. I would love to read a good story about adults, real adults, who handle their conflicts with some sense of maturity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sara's hostile response to Peter when he confronts her with her stories, makes no sense to me. The rest of this seems plausible to me, but not that.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

Overall, I did enjoy this tale, I do have some thoughts. 1) How can anyone believe that their spouse is having an affair simply based on some stories being written? True Sara's reaction was not a good one but Peter's way of presenting his concerns were no way better. 2) Sara could have countered sued on the basis of abandonment and that he needs to pay child support. Perhaps throw in some mental cruelty charge for his outrageous accusation. I would think that Peter's attorney would have to inform/discuss the situation. 3) By the time Todd was visiting Peter, he should have just confronted him what the actual situation was. 4) Is it really possible to give one's attorney, in a civil case, the power of attorney so as to avoid having to show up to the hearings? That seems wrong to me. Here in the US, one has the right to face one's accuser.

-

I get what the author was trying to do with the way the story was set-up. But, it left ungainly plot holes.

-

Pasqual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

yea you could kinda tell Sara had never cheated from the way the story was rushing through the relationship with fin

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why are people blaming him for, 'shutting down communication'?

Did you even read the same story? He calmly asked about the stories. She got mad and yelled. He insisted she stay and talk, and then she up and leaves. She doesn't tell him where, she doesn't communicate with him, and ignores him when he begins divorce proceedings. It's a while into the divorce when she demands he talk to her, after ignoring his ass for unfathomably long times. Yes, she threw up road block to stop the divorce, but didn't actually bother to talk to him until the very fucking end.

Most men and women wouldn't put up with her shit in a marriage. It's not wrong to bring up her shitty romance stories. It looks bad, really bad. She also calls him a clueless and boring husband in her stories, and that hurts...fantasy or not. Hell, that alone is enough reason to divorce her. She hides her disrespect to his face, and vents it on a story board. And his coworkers found out about it. Keep in mind this is going off the assumption she never cheated. Is he a 'man-baby' for calling her out on this, and divorcing her ass when she yells and runs away?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice story, but do you really think educated people would include this in a marriage proposal, "I promise not to be such an asshole this time."? I think this diction is common to a certain upper midwestern, elderly demographic here, but it certainly doesn't suit the character as developed in that situation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I will let it go that she never had anyone, like Todd, tell him she was pregnant and she never went for child support.

My issue is that she shows up to offer him support when his second wife dies and to get him to meet his daughter. Would that happen in that manner? To her, he bailed on her after accusing her of cheating and started the divorce and refused all communication. Why isn't she still pissed? I mean lawyer up and get support for the child.

Secondly, why doesn't she have a new boyfriend or husband? She is described as pretty good looking and other than a kid she is a catch. So even if a guy doesn't want to marry her there is no talk of anyone caring if she has been a num or a slut.

Last thought. Switch roles (male female). If your wife ran off on you after accusing you of cheating, refuses all contact, leaves you with a kid, gets married and has a kid with another man would you show up at her door and would you want her back? Or would you look at her as damaged goods with a kid and want nothing to do with her?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Story overall was nice but too long & frankly, a bit boring- seemed too long to go anywhere.

-- The communication- him: Peter read stories she wrote & figured, like the other dumb asses he worked for, she's writing an autobiography of types, instead of just a story, with aspects from reality. Like many writers do. Accusing her of cheating & not asking for explanations produced her angry responses. He's an ass for acting the way he did.

-- The communication - her. Sara flew into rage upon his accusations; worse, she never calmed down but just left the house without saying where she's going. That just put some gas into a 3 alarm fire.

-- Her daughter - I'm not sure of the timeline, but there wasn't really any sexual- or other intimacies going on. So when did Sara become pregnant? Peter's not questioning it, but past history shows that, family-wise, he's not the brightest flame. It would be a hoot if she bedded a few men, with one being the father. "Hoot" meaning anything but funny. Which could lead to further problems with him raising another man's child & not being told about it. Perhaps, on the other hand, it IS his. What I've read of the story: it's unlikely.

-- The story would've been better with some editing/ consolidation. Overall, I liked it, but not enough to give this more than 3 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Though I knew very little about what Ewan knew as football..." What kind of Americans are arrogant after all... Actually, that's what the rest of the world understands by real football, and not your rugby for cowards in hockey armor...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Umm husband is kind of a jack ass. She is dumb using her recognizable handle and making everything appear autobiographical. Yeah it is humiliating for him to read the stories. He knows Todd was not involved in the third one. And there are factual differences. He hits her broad side after his last London trip, she gets pissed, he gets hyper pissed and she leaves. He accuses her of going to her lover and she storms out. Did he think to get a PI while in London that last time? Why did he leave in like 48 hours, leaving no phone number? Did he dump his cell phone? Close his personal email accounts? She doesn't think to go after him? Even when she leanrs she is pregnant? She knew he went to UK.

If she explained the situation to his old employer, would be hard pressed to believe she wouldn't get some info. Certainly a PI she hired woukd ferret out the info since the two companies are in partnership and hibby is managing the collaboration. So yeah bad argument, and suddenly he just ditches with no real evidence, and just bails on the marriage? Seems contrived to create the separation under false pretenses. Well written and emotionally taut but not realistic or a pretty trigger happy husband. Take your pick.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

[Had Sara been innocent of all charges, she would normally have stayed and calmly talked about things. Leaving as she did only confirmed to me her guilt.]

====> umm this is nonsense. Yeah Sara had a short fuse when confronted. But so did he. He had already made up his mind. He never gave her a chance to talk.aftr she stormed out. She wad probably upset excuse of the false accusation but learning her fantasy stories had been found by people he/she knew. He ghosted her and fled to London in like 2-3 days. Neve contacting her. He hears from his lawyer how broken she is, but can only think about her being with her "lover". He even thinks that isnwhy she is dragging it out. Umm that makes zero sense. Todd never tells him about her being pregnant because Fiona is also pregnant. Btw Fiona got a raw deal. Killing her off is bad enough, but the miscarriage, depression, and then cheating on him as a way to "put her head back on straight" was disgusting. Regardless of the Fiona side story, why, except for Rachael, woukd Sara want Peter back? He never fought for their marriage, ran like a coward, ghosted her, left her alone during her pregnancy (note she was already pregnant before their big fight, as she wasn't feeling well the day before he flew to London), fell in love with Fiona quickly, remarried right after the divorce, and now had to contend with another woman's son? She can do better. Yeah she made a mistake (not a betrayal). He too made a mistake, but they way he reacted wa totally different. She snapped and had a short fuse when confronted with knowledge he read thw stories and him accusing her of an affair. He did far worse with his torch the marriage, flee to London and start over without getting any facts! It is not delusional for him to worry she might be cheating, but it is cowardly the way he reacted to her storming out. Couples fight all the time and sometimes need a cooling off period. Ignoring somehow this story occurs in a universe with no personal email accounts, so no way to communicate, plus she could tell his lawyer to pass on the message that she wrote them as fantasies and she is pregnant with his child, not to mention she could probably get a judge to order him to return for a court meeting to explain she is pregnant and that the divorce in the US cannot proceed till after she gives birth, not to mention, why wouldn't she counter sue with child support (that is why divorce would be halted by a judge until birth, then child support would be set). With all the quirks of this universe where the legal system is primitive, communication is primitive, and the husband immediately flees after a bad fight, assuming the worst in all things even throughout the divorce, this story is really contrived and realistically Sara is really stupid to reconcile with Peter. Just get a court ordered DNA test, and hit him up for child support, and find someone better. Still pissed how Fiona went from Miss Perfect to a dead cheater. Wtf?

ArdieffArdieffabout 1 year ago

MC was a bit of an immature asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That man must have a golden dick for his wife to go after him like a loyal dog for two and a half years after he tossed her aside like a used tissue on a mere suspicion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The husband was a craven asshole. Sarah made some mistakes and didn't react well when falsely accused but she did not betray their marriage. The MC did by virtue of his paranoia, fleeing to London and never talking to her. Sarah can do much better.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Technically well-written, but the main characters (immature mental midgets) were off-putting.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The MC was a selfish, cowardly asshole. Sarah should never have reconciled with him. What was up with Fiona? Wtf?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Why did Sara not have her lawyer inform Peter's lawyer about her pregnancy? True, if that happened,the story would have ended much sooner. Still, was there a reason for not communicating to Peter, via his lawyer, that she was carrying his child?

Other than that one plot hole, I thought it was a very good story.

Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I agree with the criticisms. A few points I noticed. The husband was as a cowards to run off like that. I could see maybe even 2-3 weeks away to cool off but not what he did! As for the wife - when she left and he asked her where she was going and she replied with something like “where do you think?” In that context probably not the best choice of words.

Also - Sara should have been putting energy into her marriage so it was how she desired it to be instead of fantasizing about some fictional guy. If she wanted certain type of sex then she should tell her husband! It’s not like he was denying her! She had been conveying she was happy with their sex life.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hmm. MC is not a good person. Comes off as a self righteous coward who when unhappy takes his ball away and runs off. His lack of confrontation after their one argument (in which he got pretty much everything wrong) and then his premeditated flight and disappearance was loathsome and craven. Yeah she didn't articulate things well and was pussed off and ashamed, never thinking her fantasy writing would be read by others so close to her at work, let alone her husband. Then his second wife just goes off the rails for inexplicable reasons once their child is born. And somehow Sarah just suffers in silence for years and the fact that she and the MC had a daughter is never communicated by anyone at all. Whether via email, text, courier or through their lawyers until years later. Eep.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Terrible story all around. A fictional story being the absolute proof of his wife cheating is just ridiculous. I will bet you every dollar i've ever earned that every single human that has been cheated on has demanded to know WHY of their cheating partner at least. MC is an absolute mental midget and coward as his reaction to reading a few stories on a 'literotica' style website is to just book the fuck out and end everything without EVER even trying to talk to his wife about it.

The wife or todd or anne or any of the other people in his old life NOT telling him about her pregnancy and just going years keeping their mouths shut and living in misery is also just stupid. His new wife fiona quickly written in as being all ga ga over him, in love, supportive, blah blah and then just goes off the rails with no explanation and just as quickly written out to set up the painfully contrived reconciliation for the ending. Rare to see an author work so hard to earn a one star rating.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The MC is copping a lot of flak, some deserved, some not for his actions but Sara escapes unscathed for hers. Let's not forget it was she who initially walked out on him rather than discussing the issue like a rational adult and it was she who told him that she was going to stay the night with her lover which was an insanely stupid thing to say especially considering that it wasn't even true, or at least so she says and it is not mitigated in the slightest that it was said in the heat of the moment.

Sara's behaviour was completely self destructive and it was good that she came to realise that in the end but she doesn't deserve to escape criticism for her actions.

JR

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

How did he get on at Parker Price with so many subordinates that he'll never convince that he's not a cuckold? Do they still laugh at him behind his back?

(The fact that he divorced her makes him look very bad for taking her back - to any dirty minds that may be around at work)

Cracker270Cracker2703 months ago

Enjoyed it very much

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Biggest problem is the automatic assumption that just because Sara was pregnant with his child that she all of a sudden wasn't a cheating whore, all the clues including her reactions and the fact that you want us to believe anyone would write a story mirroring reality so perfectly and then add complete fictitious lies about infidelity, add to that keeping the secret of being an aspiring erotic writer from husband and posting it online, it all is to much to be explained. Anything short of video evidence of those nights showing that no possible paramour actually existed I would not be convince otherwise.

SmellerSmellerabout 1 month ago

When the MC just left because his wife was angry that he was accusing her of cheating without any evidence but some stories I stopped reading and skipped to the end. That was one of the most moronic things I ever read. It's on par with being angry because you had a dream your partner cheated.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore1981about 1 month ago

Not surprised there was reconciliation involved here cause the writer doesn't even know how the saying he used as his tag line goes its fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me he said fool me once shame on me and didn't even know the rest of it so the fact this story is about reconciliation and the husband being a little bitch is not surprising for that and for the fact most people who write on this sight honestly believe that a cheating slut is a loving wife and that men all cuck bitches those people clearly never met a real man nor ever raised to know what a truly loving wife is

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore1981about 1 month ago

Interesting turn of events he accuses and divorces his ex for cheating just to get with a new girl who actually was cheating on him now that was funny the fact saying she cheated cause she was depressed is complete bullshit she was more than likely already cheating on him before hand the child she lost which was screwed up to begin with was probably her lover's and she just kept it going then figured she would use depression as a excuse to keep her marriage if caught if she truly was depressed she wouldn't have wanted to be around anyone much less fuck them and spend a week with them it doesn't work that way that's not how depression works it was clear this writer doesn't understand that cause they didn't do proper research to learn about the actual actions of someone who was depressed

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous