All Comments on 'A Stringed Instrument Ch. 14'

by Bramblethorn

Sort by:
  • 85 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
A Fitting Finale

I love how you took a brief encounter and built it into a lovely romance. Every chapter was worth the wait, especially the happy ending. I hope we'll see more of your work in the future.

Yogie32Yogie32almost 11 years ago

I've enjoyed reading this story and will miss looking forward to each new addition. The people in the story seemed to be real and it was easy to envision each one in detail. Thank you for a great read. Stories like this one make it easy to keep returning to an author. Thank you!!!!!!!

BahamaBahamaalmost 11 years ago
Excellent

That was a fitting ending . Bravo .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
sorry

i am so sorry this story has ended its been a great read and i hope you write alot more brilliant stories thank you bramblethorn

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Ending?

I'm torn between being sad the story is over and glad it didn't turn into one of those never-ending stories that get so long you can't remember what happened earlier.

I think I would have been happier if it continued until they got together completely (assuming that that is what is going to happen!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Thanks

Don't write many comments....most stories here don't deserve them! Thanks for making life a bit richer with your lovely story. Thanks also for actually having an ending(so many don't). Bravo.

SwifthawkSwifthawkalmost 11 years ago
Fantastic!

Thank you for sharing, wonderful story!

dynomite01dynomite01almost 11 years ago
Excellent!

This has been an amazing story. I hope you keep writing!

LaRascasseLaRascassealmost 11 years ago
Don't you dare stop writing

I didn't want to make a public comment till the entire series was complete. This story is so much more than a stroke-laden trifle. It is so deep and meaningful. Your characters are alive in our minds and their feelings all too real.

Splendid job. I eagerly await your next story.

Rad'lRad'lalmost 11 years ago
Very well done -

not my usual but - the story suckered me in and I enjoyed the experience.

The emotions were well described and the characters were believable.

Thanks for posting.

jpb531jpb531almost 11 years ago
Lovely

Not the ending I was hoping for. Not in how things worked out, but in that I was hoping for more of Phoebe and Yvonne's story. That fact is a testament to you - it would have been hard to not become emotionally invested in P&Y, Yaya, Susan, RJ and the rest. As always, thanks for sharing your words, and I hope you continue to share them with us.

warmandgentlewarmandgentlealmost 11 years ago
Thank you for sharing this wonderful gift!

I have waited anxiously for each installment of this incredible story and never once was disappointed. You have a gift for telling a story with subtlety and depth, and I hope that we have the opportunity to read many more of your stories in the future. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Amazing

Blasted through this entire series in a day. Thanks for the great read, and hope you write another series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Fabulous story!

I've been thoroughly impressed with your writing since reading the first chapter of this story. I fell in love with the characters and the amazing chemistry Yvonne & Pheobe share. I was truly concerned about these two making it work and am elated that their love carried them through.

Congrats to you on a fabulously written story! Thank you for sharing and I sincerely hope to read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Nice story.

I'll look forward to your next one.

OrcwordsOrcwordsalmost 11 years ago
Thank You

I've already read this installment five times, I just reread the entire story, and I'm a writer and editor by trade.

This is the good stuff. I loved the way you developed the characters. It's not an understatement to say that this may be the best thing I've ever read on Literotica. As to the ending, I'm torn. As a writer I think you made the right choice to end it here with Phoebe and Yvonne's picture on Yvonne's desk at work symbolizing how far they have come since the initial installment. As a reader, I would have loved to see more, but I really think that by the end you had resolved all the initial conflicts, and enabled both Yvonne and Phoebe to grow as human beings.

I liked how you took the themes of mortality that you brought in with YaYa, and then flipped them on end with the suddenness of Helen.

I really hope you continue with other stories, and that someday inspiration strikes that you can take Phoebe and Yvonne to the next level. I know I would like to see them finally living together, and also to find out what happens to Zara.

It feels like we got a glimpse into their lives, and that's something special.

PS. I made the account just to make this comment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Thank you

Thank you so much for making the characters human and having a continuous story. These are the stories I come to read.

DocSavage656DocSavage656almost 11 years ago
Wonderful Story

Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this story. It was a great read and I look forward to another from such a talented writer, so rest up and come back to us with another!

Thanks again,

Doc

DiJiTDiJiTalmost 11 years ago
Incredible!

I've been eagerly awaiting the next chapter of this story.

It was such a great story. The characters were believable and their troubles were something we ALL can connect with.

I'm sad to see it end, but I hope you will write many more wonderful stories in the future......The NEAR future hopefully

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Sad to see it end

I love this story and wish there was more to it. Thank You for this wonderful story. :)

Wildcat2013Wildcat2013almost 11 years ago
Sad to see it end

Thank you thank you thank you for such a wonderful story. I cried, I laughed, and my heart was bursting with love for both these characters.

I am sad to see it end but I am sure I will read it again in the future.

Please please please give us another beautiful series. I would love to see more of your wonderful writing.

Thanks again!

NeshalinNeshalinalmost 11 years ago

Thank you so much for writing and finishing this wonderful story. Such an artful mix of emotions brought forth, I really started feeling for the characters. I'm glad you tied it all together, now I can go to sleep with a happy heart :)

And kudos to your editor as well; I don't remember coming across any mistakes at all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Thank you...(**,)

yankeecatladyyankeecatladyalmost 11 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for the wonderful story!!

HlovestoreadHlovestoreadalmost 11 years ago
Excellent

I read the whole story in one sitting. It was...amazing. Just amazing. I loved it. I hope one day you write another story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Thank You

Like everyone, i am disappointed that are two ladies stories have come to an end. But, man you really made them go out with a bang, i have thoroughly loved your delicate and intimate storytelling and i hope in the future you will consider writing other lesbian stories. Thank you for an amazing experience, i wish you and A all the best,

Aphra

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wondorous

How beautiful, well written and the incorporation of more realistic life affairs was refreshing. Thank you so much for sharing and tantalizing feelings from the heart. Touching me and captivating me through the entire experience as it should be. Bless you for taking the blood directly from your heart to place it in this work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
So beautiful!

Can we get an epilogue, please!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fantastic

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this story. Thank you so much for sharing this with us and I hope that you are working on something new.

Lots of love

Mags

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 10 years ago
You have spoiled me

You have spoiled me for all other literotica stories. Truly. Outstanding. You write brilliantly and created real people. Brava!

LindaSapphicaLindaSapphicaover 10 years ago
I dont really know where to begin...

...but this has been a very very lovely, exciting and crying my eyes out kind of experience reading.

I've been sick in bed today and I needed something to read. Since I'm the way I am, lol, I went to Literotica to find a good girl girl read that would be long and romantic. And girl, did I find one. I've been smiling, crying and felt very horny, but I haven't been able to stop reading.

Please write more stories for us, you have a great and wonderful talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fantastic

I echo the other comments; it is a truly fantastic story (novella?). As an aspiring writer, I am awed by your ability to ground the drama and sex in a bed of reality that gives the characters so much more depth than usual. I'm especially amazed by the fact that all the reality is, well, real, and contains little to no errors (so far as my knowledge reaches).

So thank you, for a riveting story, and I hope you will offer a version of this story for sale. (and, of course, write more stuff.)

CyberDemonicCyberDemonicover 10 years ago
Amazing!

Simply amazing!

As many others have said before, a good story, well told, and realistic in every obvious way. I LOVE IT!

I have, like many others I think, been on the search for a story worth my time. A lot of the sotries I have read, start out "ok" then takes a turn for the worse... That beaing "not my taste" or "Too F*****G coincidential!" : When two lovers suddently inherit millions of dollars, or the people "standing in their way" suddently dies from a carcrash or gets abducted by aliens, or whatever... That's the sort of thing, that actually makes me drop the rest of the story and move on...

This story though... It got me from the first paragraph, and dragged me through heaven and hell till the end! When I read a story, and I can actually FEEL the charecters, I know it's worth my time. An example could be, when Y finds out about P lying to her... Your description of an icy hand gripping her inside. I actually felt that, and i felt as betrayed by P as Y did... Still another part of me actually cursed Y for her email response to P, when she wanted to concentrate on her audition.

I could go on for hours about how i felt reading this... But maybe others would like a chance?

I would LOVE a sequel! Keep it up and thanks again for a GREAT story!

C.D.

(Sorry for any fault in this... Sadly English isn't my native language.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A piece of work!

Finally, a work of lesfic that, simply put, is excellent in both concept and execution. What a treat! Well drawn characters, a plot that twists and turns as life itself does and a logical progression of time and space. Simply superb! Looking forward to other novellas by the same author. Thank you. A huge fan!

adidasgaladidasgalover 10 years ago
BRILLIANT!

What a beautiful and poignant story. A tale with so much depth and written from the heart. The plot, dialogue characters flows and entwines effortlessly together, making this story one of the few, that touched me on a very deep level.

** I LOVED IT! **

AnneChildOfUniverseAnneChildOfUniverseover 10 years ago
Real

This story grabbed my heart because it tells a real story. Shows real emotions of real people. Thank you so much for writing this.

A huge fan from Denmark..

ToadattoadhallToadattoadhallabout 10 years ago
Best story on this site

I have read this story more than once, it is as good as it gets and would make money on Amazon! The characters are beautiful, flaws and all. If you can only read one story in this category make sure it is this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What can I say?

I have waited until finishing the whole story before commenting. What can I say? I think I'd run out of superlatives very quickly. I've read some dreadful crap on this site and I've read some very good to excellent stories: A Stringed Instrument I'd rate as one of the best, if not the best. And the bonus was that you really can write; as far as I could see, not one grammatical or spelling error, not even a typo.

From start to finish, the plot was plausible and the characters fully believable (I believe that I fell a tiny bit in love with Yvonne and Phoebe). I think dedicated Bookpeople (upper case deliberate) will know what I mean when I say that this is the kind of story which you can't wait to finish but you want it never to end.

As well as the love and the occasional sadness in the plot, there was a good leavening of humour---several one-liners made me laugh aloud. I loved the concept of Zen Snap. And you quoted a favourite poem of mine: "Oh Westron Wind..." Not very long after I met my late wife, I recited this poem to her and she wept, saying it was one of the loveliest that she had heard. She died only a few months ago and reading the poem in your story meant a lot to me. So thanks for that, Bramblethorn. In fact, thanks for the whole tale. Just perfect.

Brian

jamilagurljamilagurlover 9 years ago
smashing job!

Such a titillating story full of ups and downs and all that comes with life in between. Job well done! Will definitely read more from the author

vggirl08vggirl08over 9 years ago
Beautiful

This is an amazing story!! Thank you for sharing it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It's three years later...

RJ opened a branch office in Sydney and Yvonne transferred. The girls are thinking of starting a family. Ya Ya is thinking of marrying Leon. Sue and RJ are thinking of getting back together.

Please feel free to continue from here. It would be amazing to read about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
love it.!

Please continue.... We wanna know more!! Puuhhleezz!:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story

While I read through all 14 chapters, the characters become loveable & alive. A part of me wants to see Phoebe & Yvonne live together, not a long distance relationship. But the story is still fine like this. So thank you for letting us read your story.

BramblethornBramblethornabout 9 years agoAuthor
Author comment - follow-ups

Hi all, thanks for your kind comments! Several of you have asked for another Yvonne/Phoebe story, and I would like to revisit them some day. I'm fond of them myself!

But I need to warn you that it's not going to be any time soon. Life has been pretty rough at my end this last year and I'm trying to find my way through a difficult situation that's causing me a lot of stress. I'm not in a place where I can write the happy Y&P story you'd want to read; I'm trying to write other things to keep myself in the habit, but even that is difficult at the moment.

If you want to know when I have new stories out, your best bet is to contact me (look for a link on my author profile) and send me an email address for my notification list.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
as good as it gets!

Hi!

Thank for a lovely & satisfy story. It took me some time to start reading, since it 14 chapters. But I have read it twice now & still love it a lot. Yes I want to see them together. But the story could end here as well. Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Awesome!!

One of the best stories!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Phoebe Is The Key

Perhaps I missed something but Phoebe, bless her heart, is, at best, a bi-sexual....maybe. If this were the real world, I strongly suggest that eventually, Yvonne, would end up with a heart broken. Not because Phoebe is some terrible person/character but because her repeated comments and thought process, within the story line, show her to not be committed to the notion of being a lesbian. Those are my thoughts, so sue me :-). Nevertheless, it is a beautiful story and you are a great writer. Did you miss your calling and are doing something else other than churning out great literary pieces? Shame on you! :-) My commiseration in your ordeal with the vagaries of life. Perchance you could incorporate those inexpedient experiences in a continuing saga of Y&P. Just a suggestion. I do realize that what you may have been going through might just be too painful to write about. I'm a hetero male, formerly a Christian, so please forgive me if I have, unknowingly, said anything stupid or insensitive. I'm making a profound effort to get better. :-) In any case, as I mentioned, you are a great writer so my hope is to see more of your work whether you continue the Y&P story or not.

BramblethornBramblethornalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Orientation

Hi Anon, thanks for reading and taking the time to say hello!

Phoebe actually considers herself straight. It's surprisingly common to find people involved in sex and/or relationships that don't match their orientation; I've been in a relationship like that myself, which is part of why I wanted to explore that here. And, yes, it can be an insecure situation, and that's part of the tension for Yvonne here.

That said, I'm going to defend bi people: being bi doesn't force a woman to leave her girlfriend for a guy, any more than being straight forces a guy to leave his girlfriend for the next woman he sees.

I do have other stories I'm working on, but at the moment my weekends and evenings are tied up with paying work, so it's going to be a while before I have anything new here. If you drop me an email address via the contact tab on my author page, I can let you know when I post something.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Enjoyable

excellent, didn't want it to end. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
awesome story

i dont want this to end... please keep posting about what happened later.. it was soo awesome to read your story and would like to read more :-)

LcnmdLcnmdover 8 years ago
A wonderful and beautiful ending!

As with all great stories, it has ended! I hope you'll bring these two back again to see how everything turned out!

I love that you let Phoebe see her own sexuality as loving someone and not needing a label...

Thank you so much for your fine work!

L

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
LOVE IT

OMG I loved this story can you make another one because this one was very interesting.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Conclusion

Count me among those who would like to have seen maybe an epilog where they and up somehow living together, one or the other relocating.

We should at least have seen Yvonne on the audience at Phoebe's premiere!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Loved it.

I just finished reading all fourteen chapters and it was truly a masterpiece. It was beautifully written. So much love between these two women. It was a joy to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great

Wonderful story and well written. I love the cheekiness throughout the story and I found the characters to be very relatable. Awesome piece of writing!

silverace1silverace1over 6 years ago
Wonderful

I enjoyed their journey and the conclusion they reach. As a 75 year old man who enjoys reading erotica and writing same, it's always good settle into someone else's work. Thanks for posting this!

lespoon1lespoon1over 6 years ago
5++++++++

This wonderful tale, and others like it, are the very reason I read in this genre. A sweet loving, if somewhat painful, romance. But, are they all not a little painful just to make the sweet that much better.

Janice1939Janice1939about 6 years ago
Thanks

Reading all 14 Ch. it was to well written, Not to do the reading as close together as one can at nearly eighty. But like your Yaya the life of the story is one we all are looking for. Only some of us find a life that is worth living due to love.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 5 years ago
6:08AM........

That's when I finished reading this story!!!! It was just too compelling to stop once I had started.

The descriptions were so good that it was so easy to actually picture all the settings and the erotic scenes were amazing, thoroughly believable characters, all in all an amazing tale.

As I said after Ch8, The Pheasant Pluckers Son can be found on Youtube and is a fantastic song. Try singing it at a party after a few beers!!! My personal favourite version is by the late UK comedy actor Bill Maynard, but The Worzels did a good version too.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 5 years ago
PS

Maybe time for a final final chapter? :)

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 4 years ago
Lovely, lovely story!

I don't know how I've missed this for so long, but I finally found it this week, and read all 14 chapters. This was a really wonderful story, and I thank you for sharing it with us!

dogged1dogged1almost 4 years ago

So much love and beauty in your work. I am so glad to have read it.

OmenainenOmenainenalmost 4 years ago

Wonderful story. Thank you for this. Enjoyed it immensely from the beginning to the end.

BrokenSpokesBrokenSpokesover 3 years ago
How in the world....

I don't understand how this story has been on this website for close to a decade and I've just now found it.

This story is the kind of story I want to read. It's the kind of story I want to be able to write. Writing and storytelling are two separate, yet equally important skills. You have combined them both masterfully within these pages.

All I can say is thank you for the journey.

NielsBohrNielsBohrover 3 years ago
Brilliant

A very complete story. Read it with the utmost pleasure.

Paddy57Paddy57over 3 years ago

Nice story. nice pace, real issue and a nice well-paced resolution.

Only_connectOnly_connectabout 3 years ago

A very fine story. Actually the best I've come across on this whole site. A couple of times extraneous details went on a weeny bit long (the climbing wall?) but it all contributed to a very absorbing plot.

And best of all are the sex scenes. Elsewhere I've commented to other people it would be good to take the time and attention to linger, to describe in detail, to really express the sensuality and joy of sex. And you do that, absolutely. It's wonderful, thank you

lilshymynxlilshymynxabout 3 years ago

Such an incredibly beautiful story. Phoebe's struggles remind me so much of my partner's and the struggles we faced together. 6 years not together for us, and a beautiful ring on my finger to point the way to the future for us.

XactoXactoalmost 3 years ago

That wrapped up as neatly as could be hoped! 😎 The complexity of the characters was riveting and intoxicating. I didn’t want to see this story end, but further challenges might have seemed gratuitous. Thank you so much for this glimpse into a satisfying relationship. ❤️❤️❤️

Jimbo3948Jimbo3948almost 3 years ago

Bramblethorn,

Stories like this one are the reason I find myself searching through Literotica for the "lost gems" of writing that always make one feel grateful for finding them. You are a gifted author and I hope that you continue to create more stories like this one that make the readers feel all warm and fuzzy and fall hopelessly in love with the characters that you so carefully created. I hope that some day you will tell us all that these two lovers lived happily together forever through a fitting epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love these stories that are romantic and steamy, but full of conflicts and insecurities of real people. Great writing, great characters, great little addition of copyright haha. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Through_Burning_EyesThrough_Burning_Eyesover 2 years ago

I'm still crying goddamnit.

This was easily one of the best stories I've seen on the site. You have a real gift for characters and situations that feel real. Nothing is exaggerated for the sake of sex or drama, there are no huge romcom gestures or declarations of undying love or decisions that would be big red flags in real life... just a sweet, simple honesty. I said it in a previous commend and I'll repeat it again-- you've got a gift. Whether or not you keep posting stuff, I hope you never stop writing.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

Thank you ....... This was a fabulous travel and a beautiful romance with a extraordinary happy end ...... Your pencil is magic a d its brillant entertainment reading your tale ...... So if this was dedicated to your partner, then i hope or better wish you both the same love and trust

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

BelindaTvDKBelindaTvDKabout 2 years ago

Damn good story...

And a use of lots of tissues...

Thank you so much

Belinda

ActingupActingupabout 2 years ago

Wonderful. Beautiful. Publishable. Thank you so much for writing this. I read it between 5 am and 8 am on a Saturday in Melbourne, and it’s a wonderful way to start the day feeling better about the world. You’re a great writer, but also obviously a great human, and your lover is very lucky. Please thank her for allowing you to share.

deepred53deepred53almost 2 years ago

What an incredible story, wonderfully told. You are an Incredibly skilled writer. Thank you for sharing.

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

We need a wedding, where she propose with her mom's ring. Great story

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

That was an amazing read, I was absolutely spellbound.

Cupertino345Cupertino345over 1 year ago

I didn't find the story slow moving at all. The interaction between Yvonne and Phoebe was a little predictable but that is the nature of the story genre. Overall I enjoyed it enough to read it straight through. At first Yvonne felt alone and out of sorts but as it turned out she had a lot of support. Well written. Thank you for the story.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Nightwish1977Nightwish1977over 1 year ago

Extremely enjoyable, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I keep coming back to this story. The dialogue, the humor and asides, the evolving relationship are all terrific. I think I’ve read it at least annually since I discovered it a few years back.

S9808S980811 months ago

What an excellent read, so imaginative. Great feel good factor. I will look at some of your other efforts.

BelindaTvDKBelindaTvDK7 months ago

It's such a heart touching story, I love it so much..

Thanks

Cheers to you, Bramblethorn

Belinda

username37username373 months ago

Thank you so much for writing this. You did wonderfully and whilst all good things must come to an end, I feel the entirety of the story allowed for complete closure.

LowcountryLowcountryabout 1 month ago

So good! Now on to the rest of your portfolio.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBramblethorn@Bramblethorn
817 Followers
Hi! Thanks for reading; I hope you find something in my work that interests you. Life has been very busy, and my writing has been one of the casualties. I have a couple of works in progress, no promises on when they'll be ready. If you want to know when I have a new story ou...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES