A Surface Problem Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At one time, after squash, Alastair asked how the study was progressing.

"Difficult to say at this time," Peter mused, "I can make a mixture that mimics my own semen, and I am thinking of making a small quantity. But this won't have any of the enzymes. Do you think Jane would be interested in trying it? I have enlisted Anna, Sharon and Mary from the lab. That should give me some feedback."

"I expect so," said Alastair. "I remember going to a pharmacy for Jane's 'night cream' a couple of years ago. I expected to pay $10-$20 and found it was $47 for just 100 ml. There is a huge market there if you can patent something relevant."

"The problem" Peter said "is that I want to incorporate my enzyme in the product: a bit technical. It's a glycoprotein so I have to use a fungus not a bacterium to produce it. The FDA will OK this if it is made in yeast -- that is GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe). I tried to use a milk bacterium, Lactobacillus, but it didn't work. I'm still fretting about that."

Two weeks later Peter distributed tablespoon quantities of the cream, but without added enzymes, in small screw-cap containers to the four ladies, and waited for the feedback. The response was overwhelmingly positive. Sharon and Mary were glowing in their praise saying even their husbands noticed a difference in affection from them. Alastair said Jane loved it: can she have more, please. Anna was very happy with this synthetic version, saying it was much stronger than her natural but more dilute cream.

Alastair and Peter called a meeting of the Pharma Group to discuss a new patent. Five of the compounds in Peter's mixture were new to skin creams, and in the ratios he formulated. Of course it would be easy for cosmetic companies to analyze and copy any new product and just change slightly the ratios. So the group asked Peter to wait until he had success with the enzyme additive: that component would be patentable and much more potent for the user.

The sugar-modifying enzyme Peter was cloning was similar to a known form except for one change in the sequence. From Peter's own DNA the form spontaneously changed to a more active form, changing the compound Anna had recognized into one which cured her skin problem. Peter was delighted when he realized the effect and that nobody could copy the form from his own DNA. This made the application invincible and a strong patent.


12