A Surprising Reunion

Story Info
After a chance reunion, sparks and secrets abound.
19.8k words
4.88
11.5k
21
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TPS23
TPS23
18 Followers

Note: If you're in search of immediate thrills, this might not be for you. However, if you appreciate character development and a gradual build-up of tension before things get steamy, then I hope you'll enjoy what follows. This is my first foray into erotica, and I hope you find it enjoyable.

Many thanks to DocTemplar for editing assistance and kind feedback.

Prologue

Have you ever had the feeling that everything in your life is about to change, never to be the same again? That was how I felt. Everything I owned was boxed up, ready to be carted off to an unfamiliar place: university. A big step for someone who's the first in their family to go. Scary? Sure. Thrilling? Absolutely.

As I said goodbye, my parents fought back their emotions; that bittersweet blend of pride and heartache written across their faces. But it wasn't just my family there; the Thompsons, our neighbours and close friends had also come to see me off, including their daughter, Kaila.

Kaila had always had a gentle, reserved demeanour. But something in her blue eyes that day was off. There was an intensity, too profound for her years. I playfully ruffled her hair in our usual big-brother-little-sister way as we said our farewells. But she looked so damn serious, and her 'Goodbye,' heavy and laden with something unspoken, seemed to hang in the air.

As I settled into my car, a realisation dawned on me: I wasn't just leaving behind a place, but an entire chapter of my life—my childhood. A wave of excitement washed over me, tinged with a hint of sadness. As I pulled away, my gaze connected with Kaila's one final time. Then she receded into the distance, becoming part of a past I was leaving behind.

Years Later

I began that Monday morning as usual, grabbing a coffee at Claud's. It didn't take me long working as a lecturer to pick up a coffee habit, and now it's a must to get through the mornings. Sure, it's cheaper on campus, but I prefer to get to 8am without bumping into colleagues or students, thanks. Claud's is my go-to spot: local and far enough from campus to avoid anyone from work. Not that I mind interacting with students—teaching is the highlight of my job—but there's a time and place for everything, right? Little did I know, that ordinary Monday would kick off a series of events that would change my life.

It was the start of a new academic year. The initial buzz of everyone reconnecting after vacation was fading; everyone was gearing up for lectures, studying, and—for the students at least—partying.

I was mentally preparing for my morning class when a blonde woman, ahead of me in the queue, caught my eye. I put her in her mid-twenties, but it's hard to judge from behind, isn't it? What wasn't hard to judge was that she had a great figure; her tight jeans were nicely filled out and her sleeveless top revealed a sliver of toned midriff. Ah, a girl who takes care of herself.

Now, I'm not usually the type to ogle women in public. Over half of my students are female. Maybe you think I'm not supposed to notice, but let's get real, some of them are hot. I don't say that because I want to get with them; it's just a fact. The point is, I'm used to being around attractive young women without their looks being relevant. I don't know what was different that day. Maybe I was in a funky mood, and she just happened to be in front of me, but I kept sneaking glances at her as the queue inched forward.

At Claud's, they place snacks off to the side near the counter. You know the type of thing, tempting impulse buys. While passing, she turned to look, presenting me with her side profile. I couldn't see her face, but her breasts were generous for her frame.

Now, I tried not to stare too much—at least I like to think I wasn't obvious. By that point, I was just curious to see her face. When she reached the counter, she chatted away with James, the barista. I couldn't hear, but the way she moved her hands around was pretty animated. She seemed interesting and lively. It's funny how you can read into a person based on those little details, isn't it?

She collected her order and turned around. And let me tell you, she did not disappoint. James must've cracked a joke, as her pretty face was lit up with laughter, which melted into a smile that reached her eyes. And what eyes! They were a mesmerizing blue, framed by long lashes and shaped brows. Despite her looks, her smile had an approachable, friendly quality.

I actually turned as she passed, and watched until she reached the door. I was snapped out of my reverie by a polite cough. I turned to see James, raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry James. The usual please," I said, having the decency to look slightly embarrassed.

James chuckled. "No worries. And not blaming you there, mate."

I smiled, happy to laugh it off. "More customers like that and you might make a regular of me!" I joked.

The blonde girl lingered in my mind all day. Her eyes, that smile... Like I said, I wouldn't usually fixate on a woman's appearance. Even if I admired someone momentarily, I'd typically forget her just as quickly. Maybe my brain was nudging me, hinting I needed to get laid?

I had been single for too long, completely out of the dating pool. Since my last girlfriend, I'd had a few casual encounters, but even the last of those was months back. It got me thinking, not for the first time, why I'd been single for so long.

My usual excuse was my career. Climbing the academic ladder, especially when younger, isn't easy; I was in a sea of highly qualified candidates vying for limited positions. But that wasn't the real story.

The truth was that, in my first year on the faculty, I'd been accused of misconduct by a student named Lisa. She'd propositioned me, seeking grades in exchange for sex. Such situations aren't unheard of; hell, I wouldn't be surprised if people I work with had done it. I firmly declined, and she left embarrassed. The next thing I knew she'd fabricated a story reversing our roles. I was eventually cleared when, in a bout of conscience, Lisa admitted her lie, but not before a lot of damage was done. My then-girlfriend left me, and the experience shook the trust of many of my colleagues. It was tough, realizing how quickly a lie could undermine my reputation.

After that, I became more cautious, my life more controlled. I socialised less, relying on a few close friends who'd supported me through the ordeal. Romantic relationships, inherently emotional and unpredictable, were the last thing on my mind. Still, over a year on from the incident, I knew it was time to re-enter the dating game. I decided if I saw that blonde girl again, I'd introduce myself and ask for her number. And if not? My friend Jack, or more precisely his wife Anna, had been trying to set me up for a while. I smiled to myself, imagining their delight if I finally agreed.

I returned for my coffee fix the same time Tuesday and Wednesday, not because I was hoping to run into her—it was my routine. But either way, there was no sign of her. By Thursday, she'd slipped further back in my memory. I wasn't even looking for her when, you guessed it, there she was.

Entering Claud's, she instantly caught my eye. She was at a standing table, sipping her coffee, while gazing out a window. The day was shaping up to be a scorcher, and she was dressed for it in a little skirt and crop top, showcasing more of her flat, toned stomach. This time, I definitely was guilty of staring. Her skirt wasn't that short, but fuck. Those legs! They were long, smooth, and toned. And I thought they'd looked good in jeans! I knew I'd kick myself if I didn't approach her; I couldn't remember the last time a girl had captivated me like this. Remembering my resolution, I took a calming breath, shelved my caffeine craving, and confidently strode over to her.

"Hey there," I began, flashing a friendly smile.

She turned, and there was a momentary pause. Then her eyes lit up and a grin spread across her face. "Oh my god!" she exclaimed excitedly, hastily putting down her flask.

Wait—did she know me? Before I could even process it, her arms were wrapping around my neck in an enthusiastic embrace. Her scent enveloped me as my hands instinctively went to steady her, finding her exposed waist. A thrill shot through me at the skin-on-skin contact. She was soft and warm under my fingers.

She held the hug, while my brain whirred. Had we met? Could I have forgotten? My body was less confused. Having an attractive, great-smelling girl pressing against me was having a predictable effect. Fortunately, we separated before she noticed—or felt—my growing arousal.

"Wow! I can't believe I ran into you like this," she beamed. "How are you?" Her hand rested on my forearm, exposed by my rolled-up sleeves.

"Oh, yeah, well... I'm doing great, thanks," I replied, feigning recognition.

She smirked, leaning in. "You don't know who I am, do you?" she teased, prodding my side playfully.

Caught off-guard, I offered a sheepish, "Sorry?" But she held my gaze, disarmingly. Feeling suddenly exposed, I blurted out, "But I'd like to!" Smooth.

She laughed. "Alright, I'll give you a chance." She posed playfully, hands on her hips. "You get three guesses!"

I looked her over, seeking any trace of recognition. I felt a flutter of nervous energy as I took her in. Her skin, smooth and sun-kissed, a hint of cleavage, great figure. She's stunning. There's no way I'd forget this girl...

Realising I was openly checking her out, I snapped my gaze back to her face, only to catch a small, knowing smile on her lips. Busted.

I met her deep, blue eyes. They were oddly familiar. As my mind raced to place them, realisation struck. Surely not? But could it be...

"Kaila?" I blurted in disbelief. "Kaila Thompson?"

Her face broke into a delighted grin. "Took you long enough," she teased.

Memories flooded back. The shy, sweet girl from next door was now before me, transformed. I found myself looking her over again in disbelief. Stop staring, idiot.

"I—Wow," I stammered, lost for words. "You look... different."

Kaila laughed lightly, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "That happens when you grow up," she replied, touching my arm again, "You look great by the way. The years suit you."

"Thank you." I felt a rush of excitement at her compliment, but was still grappling with her transformation. Should I flirt back? How old was she now? Twenty-one?

"So..." Kaila drew out the word playfully. "If you didn't recognise me, what made you come over?" Her head tilted inquisitively.

"Well, the extra years really suit you, Kaila." Okay, I guess was flirting back.

Her laughter was light and bubbly. "Oh! Were you planning to chat me up?"

"Guilty as charged," I confessed, grinning.

"I can't believe I interrupted you!" she exclaimed, sounding both regretful and excited. "How were you going to do it? Come on, don't be shy!"

Feeling a bit self-conscious but egged on by her expectant look, I cleared my throat theatrically. "I'd have said, 'Excuse me, do I know you? You seem really familiar.'"

Kaila laughed, covering her mouth with her hand. "No way! But points for quick thinking. It might've worked too."

I feigned offence, placing a hand over my heart. "You say 'might've' like it's past tense."

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Alright Romeo, how about this? I'll give you my number, if you promise it's for a proper date and not to reminisce. You did make the first move, after all."

"Deal," I agreed, extending my phone towards her.

As she returned it, she added, "Just so you know, I expect something more original than coffee."

"Challenge accepted," I smiled.

The rest of the workday was a blur, punctuated by moments when my mind would drift back to Kaila. On one hand, I felt proud of myself. It had been ages since I'd put myself out there, and I had gotten her number. On the other...

Kaila had long been a part of my past. In my mind, she had remained that sweet, shy girl next door. I'd never considered her growing up. Realising she was the captivating blonde I'd been admiring was bewildering. God, I'd practically been hawking at her body. She even caught you at it... I winced recalling my cluelessness followed by surprised stammering. That wasn't like me. Nor was it like me to reflect and cringe in retrospect. Why do I care?

After my embarrassing start, I'd tried to act confidently, covering my shock. I'd flirted and asked her out, as if her identity didn't change things. With time to reflect though, I questioned whether I should contact her. Besides the strangeness of it being Kaila, there was her age. Nearly a decade separated us; far less significant now than during our childhood, but it would be a new record for me. The fact that she was close in age to some of my students gave me pause as well, all things considered.

Despite my reservations, every time I thought of Kaila, I felt myself stir. That physical reaction was... unexpected. Even before the Lisa incident, I'd rarely reacted like that; after spending so long reigning in my feelings, it felt particularly unsettling. I recalled the way she looked, the feel of her skin, and my cock would twitch to life. I'd dive back into work, chastising myself, only for it to happen again and again. It was infuriating; the self-control I was used to, being challenged.

Post-work, I hit the gym: my go-to move to refocus. It helped, to an extent. But that night, alone in bed, memories of the reunion with Kaila replayed in my mind yet again. As before, I felt myself harden. Get a grip. I told myself. This is ridiculous. But my admonishments held little weight—my mind kept going.

I recalled how she felt pressed against me, her scent, her playful teasing—she seemed so in control, in stark contrast to how I felt. I was hard. Really hard. Without fully realising it, I reached down and started stroking my cock. I remembered the feeling of my hands on her smooth skin. I imagined running them over more of her tight little body. Up her back, down those thighs... What would it be like to have her hands on me. To be surrounded by her. That intoxicating scent muddling my brain. I felt my climax rise within me. God, Kaila. I can't believe I'm thinking about you right now...

And then I came, cum soaking the front of my shorts. My orgasm washed over me, and then subsided, my entire body tingling from the sudden sensation. I slid my wet shorts off, wiped down my satisfied cock, and tossed them into the corner of my bedroom. With a final sigh, I rolled over and fell into a deep sleep.

*

I woke up early. Thank God it's Friday. I stretched and showered, letting yesterday's curveball sink in. Kaila growing up like that was a plot twist I definitely hadn't seen coming.

As I continued my routine, it dawned on me: I'd made up my mind about contacting her. The pull I felt towards Kaila was strange but real. Look, I get my fair share of attention from women, but they usually need more than a pretty face to pique my interest. Was my reaction a side effect of months without sex? Who knows? Who cares? Kaila was no longer the kid next door, so why not see what happens?

Grabbing my phone, I scrolled to her contact. She'd added herself as 'Kaila 2.0'. Nice touch. Smiling, I typed out a message: 'Hey! Bit random but planning a hike tomorrow. Interested? Definitely not coffee!' It was something I'd do anyway, and I told myself it was a casual invite—I didn't care if she joined or not. But let's be honest, when I hit send, my insides did that weird flip they do when you're sliding into someone's DMs. Fine, maybe I care a little.

Her reply came quickly: 'Hike huh? Sounds adventurous. I'm in! When and where?'

Grinning, I fired back the details.

The rest of Friday really dragged. I found myself glancing at my phone, half-expecting a 'Something's come up' text. But nothing. The evening finally rolled around and I started prepping. Boots, check. Water bottles, check. Backpack, snacks, and a few bad hiking puns to lighten the mood? Double check. You'd think I was preparing for a week in the wild, but in reality, it was just a few hours. But better over-prepared than under, right?

Saturday morning dawned cool, clear and bright—perfect hiking weather. I reached the car park a tad early, wanting to get my bearings before Kaila showed. I hadn't been waiting long when her car pulled up. She stepped out, her hair swept up into a messy bun, strands dancing around her face in the breeze. She wore a lightweight fleece pullover and form-fitting leggings that did her all kinds of justice. Most captivating of all were those bright blue eyes, scanning the surroundings, taking everything in.

"Morning, Mr. Adventure!" she greeted. "Fashionably early, I see?"

I playfully raised my hands. "Had to make sure I wasn't outdone by Kaila 2.0!"

She gave me a light, one-armed hug. Her scent—wildflowers and something uniquely Kaila—enveloped me. Who smells this good to go hiking? The fantasies I'd been struggling to shake off flashed through my mind, but I did my best to push them aside.

I explained the route, which included a local peak. I wanted to check it wasn't too much, but she just seemed amused at how prepared I was.

Recalling the shy kid Kaila had been, I'd braced for some awkwardness, but any concerns melted away as we set off. We discovered shared musical interests and each promised to explore the other's recommendations. Our conversation flowed effortlessly, filled with playful banter and light-hearted teasing. I felt a nervous excitement, reminiscent of flirting with someone I fancied for the first time at school.

She occasionally poked fun at my over-preparation. "Got enough snacks there, boy scout? Planning to feed the entire forest?"

"Well, with your track record of tripping, I thought we'd need supplies for our extended breaks," I retorted, referencing her childhood clumsiness.

She opened her mouth in mock indignation. "First," she said, holding up a finger. "I said no reminiscing. And second." Another finger went up, flashing me the V sign, along with a smile. "I've evolved. Behold!" She theatrically posed, pointing at her shoes. "Double-knotted laces!"

It felt like catching up with an old friend, yet also getting to know an entirely new person. Kaila's authenticity shone through in every topic, from hobbies to her recent move and new waitress job.

"I've gone academic," I shared, trying to gauge her reaction to my own job. "Believe it or not, I'm a lecturer now."

"Oh?" I was surprised by her calm reaction. No big surprise, no 'wow, really?'. Just... 'Oh?'

"Yeah. Are you studying?" I asked.

"Uh, yeah, kinda," she said, her eyes momentarily flicking away. "It's a bit... up in the air."

"Anywhere local?"

"Yeah." She hesitated for a second. "Do you know Central City Uni?"

"Sure." It was the other campus in town. Not mine. "Their humanities department is really good."

She nodded, a little quickly. There was a pause, as if she wanted to say more, but instead, she looked off into the distance. "It's nice to get out here, away from it all, isn't it?"

I sensed the deflection—she didn't want to chat about her studies. So what? It was a lovely day. Who was I to say no to talking about the great outdoors for a bit? So, we slipped back into our easy rhythm, sharing stories and jokes.

As we pressed forward, whenever the trail narrowed, Kaila, with almost dancer-like agility, would skip ahead of me. Now, I'm no saint, and with her up front, I was afforded a rather nice view. I couldn't determine if this manoeuvre of hers was intentional or instinctive, but damn, her butt sure looked good in those leggings, and I mean, really good. Again, I was surprised at the strength of my reaction to her. Discovering that she was intelligent and fun to boot certainly did nothing to calm me down.

TPS23
TPS23
18 Followers