A - T Summer

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'I know. Actually, I should be thanking you.'

Shannon nuzzled her head against his shoulder, 'You already did. Just a little while ago.'

Brett pulled her tight.

'Okay, you two. I didn't get much sleep because I had to listen to you almost all night. You can get a room again later. Let's get going. Half the day is gone already.' Callie sounded all business but was grinning widely.

Shannon pulled on shorts and headed to the privy. While she was gone, Brett knocked down the tent, fetched some breakfast bars from his pack, and began packing to hike. Callie came over to him once Shannon was out of sight and smacked him on the ass, hard. Brett stood up and glared down at her.

'Be good to her,' Callie told him. Her tone made it a warning.

Brett grinned down at her. 'You needn't worry, Callie.'

'I'm not blind. I've known her long enough to see she's falling for you. I've been watching it for over a week. Don't let it go any further if you're only interested in sharing your tent while we're on the trail.'

Brett wanted to laugh but restrained himself because Callie was so serious, worried about her friend. 'Shannon's a big girl.'

Callie eyed him suspiciously and started to say something but stopped when Brett cut her off.

'Relax, Callie. I'm not a one-night-stand kind-of-guy. I'm not going to tell you I'm in love with her. But I want to know more, spend more time with her. We live within an hour of each other. Trust me when I tell you I won't discard her like a used condom. That's not the man I am.'

They ended their exchange when Shannon came back from the privy. 'What's up?' she asked, much more animated than when she'd left.

'Were talking about today's hike. It's going to be more difficult than we've had in a while. There are two campsites but they're not far from here. There's a shelter we can make today. But because we're starting late, it will be very late afternoon or early evening when we get there.' Brett said. 'Let me get the map out.'

Callie rolled her eyes at him but said nothing. They all looked at the map together. There was a water source halfway to the shelter where they'd have to top off their water. The shelter area was dry. They'd have to make do with the water they could carry until late afternoon the next day.

Shannon and Brett ate the breakfast bars and the three of them hit the trail. Brett maneuvered things so Callie and Shannon spent time together. Brett was careful to pay Shannon enough attention and affection that she wouldn't think the previous night was a mistake. But Brett didn't want to come between the friends, either.

The beginning of the hike that day was easy. From the water source on, was another matter entirely. It would be a long, arduous, uphill slog. It was early afternoon when they arrived at the water source. They had enough water left to get them through the rest of the day. But it was hot and humid. It was unlikely topping off water bottles and camelbacks was going to get them through to the next water source. Supplies were getting low so there was room in their packs.

'Water will be an issue if it's as hot tomorrow as today. And we can't expect a break in the heat,' Brett began when they stopped for water. 'If we can shuffle some of our supplies around to make a bit more room in my pack, I can carry enough to see us through.'

'Are you sure?' Callie asked. 'That's a lot of extra weight.'

Though it was more than seven years since Brett had carried a full combat load, he had started the trek in good shape. The time on the trail had only improved his stamina and conditioning. 'I can manage,' he assured Callie.

All his remaining food and a few other items got transferred to Callie and Shannon's packs, perhaps twenty pounds altogether. They collected about seven gallons of water, split between two water bags. Brett reloaded his pack to provide the best possible weight distribution. Brett guessed he was now carrying nearly one hundred pounds. It didn't seem too bad at first. But fifty-six pounds of water kicked his ass on the ascent to the shelter.

It was nearly dusk when they got to the shelter. There was a group of six late-twenties women already set up in the shelter. There was room enough for everyone, but Brett decided it would be best to spend the night in his tent. Callie and Shannon kindly started dinner. They saw Brett was tired. His legs felt like rubber. Just walking the short, slightly uphill path back from the privy was an effort.

There wasn't a good tent site at the shelter clearing. There was an area large enough for several tents about twenty yards away. Brett set his tent up before his legs collapsed, then wobbled to the shelter area for dinner.

Callie and Shannon were quickly welcomed into the group, who were nearing the end of a two-week hike. Being the only male in the company of eight women had Brett feeling like a fish out of water. Everyone was friendly. He wasn't made to feel like he was intruding. But it took a couple hours before the other women warmed enough to his presence for him to relax.

Callie and Shannon learned they had attended the same university as two of the other women. Their attendance had overlapped for a couple years. They had never met but had some professors and friends in common. Shannon and Callie spent the evening swapping stories with Emma and Zoey, their newly met alumni. Samantha and Dina said, 'Good night' and turned in for the night before it got late.

Brett got caught up in a conversation with Chelsea and Amelia, two very attractive young attorneys. Chelsea was short with red hair, brown eyes, and a slight build. Amelia had dark, almost black hair. Brett couldn't tell whether her eyes were either gray or ice blue. She had a figure much like Callie's. It took a while before Brett caught on, but eventually he realized both were openly flirting with him. Brett continued their conversation for only a few more minutes once he realized what was happening. He politely asked them to excuse him so he could get some rest. Brett said good night everyone then went to his tent for some much-needed sleep. He took two acetaminophen and turned in for the night.

The sound of his tent zipper woke him some time later. It was dark and quiet enough that Brett knew everyone was asleep except Shannon and now him. Much as Brett welcomed the thought of Shannon next to him, he craved sleep.

'Are you awake, Brett?' a voice whispered. It wasn't Shannon.

'I am now. Who's there?' Brett mumbled. He didn't recognize the whispering voice, though he knew it wasn't Shannon.

'Amelia and Chelsea,' the voice answered.

'What do you want?' Brett asked, still groggy.

'We thought you might enjoy some company,' a second voice answered.

Brett's sleep-addled brain started to wakefulness. 'Excuse me?' he asked, not convinced he'd heard right.

Brett got the same answer. 'We thought you might enjoy some company. Can we come in?' the second voice asked.

'I'm flattered, but I don't think so,' Brett said as he dropped his head back down. His response was met by a surprised gasp. Brett knew his answer was unexpected.

'Why not?' the first voice asked, clearly disappointed.

'I'm tired. My legs hurt. I need sleep . . .' Brett got out before he was interrupted.

'We can make you forget all about your aching legs. And you'll sleep well after we leave,' voice one giggled.

' . . . and I'm with Shannon,' Brett finished.

The last statement was met by a stony silence. 'Why isn't she here with you?' voice two finally asked.

'Maybe because she knows I carried my gear and seven gallons of water more than eight miles and uphill over a thousand feet. She probably thinks I need a good night's sleep.' They left without another word. Brett thought it inconsiderate that they didn't zip the tent closed again before they left.

The smell of coffee and powdered eggs woke him. The tent flap opened as Brett rolled over and lifted his head. Shannon handed him a cup of coffee. 'It's a little after eight,' she said. 'We should get moving soon.'

Brett took the coffee and sipped. It was warm, not hot, so Brett downed half the cup and handed it back to her. He sat up and slid farther into the tent, motioning for Shannon to come in. She handed him the eggs and joined him in the tent.

'You had visitors last night,' she said evenly.

'They didn't stay,' Brett told her as he attacked the omelet.

'I know. Why not?' Shannon asked shyly.

'I was tired. My legs hurt. They woke me up when I wanted to sleep,' Brett told her, wondering if she hoped there was a different reason.

'Oh,' she said, sounding disappointed.

'And it wasn't you,' Brett continued.

Shannon's face lit up. She leaned forward and kissed him just as he was putting a spoonful of omelet in his mouth, then sat back and licked rehydrated salsa off her lips.

'Can we talk for a few minutes?' Brett asked, hesitantly.

Shannon nodded, 'About what?'

'I like you, Shannon. I was struggling with an attraction to you when I thought you and Callie were a couple. I enjoy your company. Maybe it'll be more than that. We'll have to see. In all honesty, if we hadn't already spent a night together, I might not have sent Amelia and Chelsea away last night,' Brett told her. 'Oh, who am I kidding? There's no way I would have let them in. I was fucking exhausted.'

Shannon laughed at his last comment.

'I don't just want to get together when we get to Arizona. If you're interested, I'd like to see begin seeing you. What do you think?' Brett asked.

'I'd like that,' she smiled. 'But you have no idea how much trouble you're asking for,' Shannon laughed. 'Now finish your breakfast so we can get going.' Shannon crawled out of the tent and started toward the shelter but stopped. 'Everybody else left about an hour ago. Amelia stopped and apologized for going to your tent last night. She said she didn't know you and I were together. Why did she think that?'

'Because that's why I told them they couldn't come in,' Brett told her.

'How did you know you and I weren't a one-time thing?' Shannon asked.

'I didn't.'

It started raining about mid-day and didn't let up. They spent the rest of that day and the next two in rain gear. And sharing shelters with other hikers. The trail was getting busier as they made their way north through Virginia. After only seeing southbound hikers, they began to share the trail for brief periods with others headed north. Some moved more slowly, some faster. Some turned off and went elsewhere. But every night, they shared campsites or shelters with other hikers. The foul weather dampened spirits but no one they met was surly or unfriendly.

When their supplies were getting low again, they went into a town to restock. It just a short hike from the trail access. It was still raining, though lightly now. Most everything they needed was within walking distance once they got to town. The first thing they did was get a room. This time, Brett was disappointed to share a room. Showers all around greatly improved their moods after several days of being hot and sweaty under raingear.

The hotel lent them umbrellas and they went off exploring the small community on foot. The town had several small shops that Callie and Shannon had fun browsing in, though neither bought anything. They had lunch at a place called Bitty's, a sandwich shop run by a tiny, energetic woman that looked like she might be a contemporary of the founding fathers. The menu consisted of a selection of creative, and delicious, sandwiches and salads. There was a small refrigerator case filled with decadent little desserts that had Callie and Shannon salivating. They stumbled onto the outfitter's shop after lunch but a sign in the window said it was closed due to a family illness. It would reopen the next day.

They made their way back to the hotel to do laundry. Later, they found a small pub where they had dinner. After eating, they went into the bar where they had beers with several other hikers taking a break from the trail. When Brett returned from a stop at the men's room, Shannon and Callie smiled at him and suggested it was time to get the check.

They walked back to the hotel under clear starry skies. After returning the umbrellas, they went to their room. First thing through the door, Callie asked Brett to get some ice. When Brett returned, Callie was in the bathroom. Shannon went into the bathroom when Callie came out.

Callie was dressed for bed, wearing only a tee-shirt and panties. While she busied herself with something, Brett sat at the foot of a bed and flipped through the TV channels until he found the news. Shannon came out of the bath, also dressed for bed, and sat just behind him.

Brett took his turn in the bathroom and returned to the room in shorts and a tee shirt. He sat back where he had been and returned to watching the news. Shannon leaned against him and caressed his arm. Brett enjoyed Shannon's touch, but didn't give it much thought. He couldn't imagine engaging in intimacy with Callie right in the room.

Brett felt Shannon shift position behind him and then felt her hand caress his back. A moment later Callie sat next to him and caressed his leg. Brett went from slightly interested in the news to aroused and confused in the time it took the sensation of Callie's hand on his leg to travel through his nervous system. Callie leaned toward him and kissed him tenderly on the cheek then sat back and removed her hand from his leg. Shannon got on her knees, nibbled on the back of his neck, and dragged her fingernails along his spine.

'I want you,' Shannon whispered in his ear, breathily. 'But that wouldn't be fair to Callie.'

'You enjoyed listening to us your first night with us?' Callie whispered into his other ear.

Brett's eyes were closed. His body was nearly shivering from chills caused by Shannon's hot breath on the back of his neck. He nodded in answer Callie's question.

'Did you get excited listening to us?' Shannon whispered. Brett nodded. 'Did you get off while you were listening to us?' Again, Brett nodded.

'We're going to share one bed,' Callie whispered. 'But there are limitations.'

Brett was starting to feel like he was on fire as Shannon's breath continued its magic on the back of his neck, her arms now under his, hands exploring his chest. Shannon stopped her exploration of his body and pulled his tee shirt off.

Callie breathily described their plan while Shannon continued to tease me. 'We're going to share Shannon tonight. You and I will not be together.'

'Incidental contact is okay,' Shannon whispered in his ear. 'But no sexual contact between you and Callie. You're for me only.'

Brett took a deep breath and turned his head toward Shannon. Their lips came together and when their tongues met, Brett tried to inhale hers.

Brett felt Callie move from beside him and get behind Shannon. A moment later, Shannon and Brett had to break their kiss as Callie pulled Shannon's shirt off. Callie reached around and cupped both of Shannon's breasts. Brett shifted position and traced his tongue down Shannon's neck, across her breast plate and sought a nipple. While Callie massaged Shannon's breast, Brett gently sucked on the nipple. The back of Callie's hand brushing his face added an unexpected excitement.

Callie moved toward the head of the bed, pulling Shannon with her. Brett followed. Callie released Shannon's breasts to pull off her own tee shirt. Brett watched her full breasts lift with the tee shirt, fall and rebound once freed from the shirt. Brett kissed Shannon's other nipple before capturing it between his lips. While Brett flicked his tongue across the rock-hard nub between his lips, he traced his right hand along Shannon ribs, across her hip and lower abdomen before sliding his hand between her legs. Callie's hand was already there. Inside Shannon's panties. Brett slid his hand along the outside of Shannon's panties until it was on top of Callie's. Brett held his hand over Callie's and pressed it up into Shannon's groin.

Shannon moaned softly and shivered slightly. Callie and Brett coordinated the motion of our hands. She rubbed her palm between Shannon's legs and up between her buttocks. Brett moved his hand in to take the place of Callie's hand, then up over the mons onto Shannon's abdomen as Callie's hand slid back between Shannon's legs.

Shannon sucked a breath when Callie stopped sliding along her groin and slipped a finger inside her. Brett held his hand on top of Callie's so he could feel the finger moving in and out. The crotch of Shannon's panties was warm and moist. Brett released the nipple he had between his lips and moved upright. Callie was kissing the back of Shannon's neck. Brett brushed his lips to Shannon's and fell back onto his haunches. Shannon opened her eyes and stared into his. Brett smiled at her. When she smiled back, Brett reached down and tore the crotch out of her panties. Shannon gasped.

When Callie's eyes met his, Brett sensed, rather than saw, a smile. He grasped the waist band, tore the front of the shredded panties, pulled them away and tossed them aside. Shannon's eyes closed as Callie and Brett stared into each other's eyes. Brett lightly brushed a hand across her breasts, down her abdomen and between her legs. Brett found her clit with a finger and gently traced a circle around it. The back of Callie's fingers brushed against his fingertip as she slowly slid two fingers in and out of Shannon.

Brett kept looking into Callie's eyes as they drove Shannon's arousal together. Shannon's breast was firm in his hand as he held it, the nipple trapped between two fingers near his palm. Shannon's torso shuddered. Callie's fingers began squishing as they moved in and out of Shannon. Shannon's clit became more slippery as Brett gently massaged it.

Callie removed her fingers from Shannon and fell back onto the bed. Brett gently pushed Shannon toward Callie. Callie lay on her back with her upper torso propped up on pillows. Shannon rested on her back between Callie's legs, her head cradled between Callie's breasts. Brett spread Shannon's legs and lay on his chest, facing Shannon's groin. While Brett watched Callie massage Shannon's breasts and gently pinch the elongated nipples, Brett blew a stream of hot breath at Shannon's clit. Her legs stiffened and her back arched.

Callie caught his eyes again, smiled and nodded. Brett pressed his hands against the inside of Shannon's thighs, extended his tongue and pushed the tip between her labia. Brett traced up the vertical line, relishing the slightly salty taste. When his tongue reached her clit, he lightly flicked the swollen bud. Shannon gasped, drawing in a deep breath.

Callie watched Brett intently while Brett watched her. Callie's eyes were smoldering with heat, perhaps a little envy. He captured Shannon's clit between his lips and sucked gently while his tongue lightly danced across it. Shannon moaned loudly and her hips writhed. Brett opened his mouth and applied a light suction, keeping pressure on Shannon's clit with his upper lip. Brett explored the slick folds between Shannon's labia with his tongue. Brett pushed his tongue into Shannon when it found the opening that led inside.

Shannon reacted almost violently when his tongue penetrated her. Her body shook. Her knees came up. Her thighs squeezed his head. She grasped his hair with both hands and pressed his face into her groin. When Brett forced his tongue deeper into her, Shannon's hips rotated up off the bed. His chin was warm and wet from the little flood of vaginal fluids released by Shannon's first orgasm.

Brett looked up Shannon's body from his position between her legs as she twisted and bucked against his face. Callie slid from under Shannon and got on her hands and knees. Shannon's body continued to writhe while Brett kissed and licked her clit. Callie leaned forward and sucked on Shannon's nipple. Shannon held Callie's head and pulled it tightly to her breast.