All Comments on 'A Tale of Sexual Addiction'

by Dinsmore

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 18 years ago
Nice read, Dinsmore

Good romantic story (as usual). Bill and Jennifer were both very believable characters. You could have fun with a sequel here - pop out a few young'uns and inflict a few further struggles with the addiction and some mis-communication to go with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
light, romantic, satisfying

nicely written. though, i dont know much about sexual addicts, about them being able to stop cold.

peggytwittypeggytwittyalmost 18 years ago
Another wonderful romance by Dinsmore

Very well done romance with hint at one type of many sexual additions.

The sexual addition displayed here is more commonly a self-inflicted type of behavior. From what we are told about Bill’s mindset it is more a dislike, bordering on a hate, of women. He is not so much into the sexual conquest as in the debasement of woman as he proves this as the true nature of all women. Where he formulated this outlook of woman in life is not told to us. We don’t know if his mother was a slut, or his father treated women as sluts, or if something else hurt him along his younger life. We can assume that what he had was a real dislike of himself in any relationship with women. He strikes out first to show none of them are worth much more than for him to show them and prove to himself they are just sluts to use and throw away.

Finding out what triggered the anger in his mind can lead to an understanding and real change in his outlook for woman and maybe more importantly his own anger.

There are a myriad of sexual additions and some are very hard to overcome and some are not addictions but a mental disease so bad as no one can cure the patient. This character of Bill is depicted as an addition and one very common among younger men who have bad sexual encounters with woman and feel a real inadequacy in lovemaking. Some can overcome past disappointments by experiencing normal encounters with other women or a loving partner who loves them for all their qualities. Some learn to be a better lover through time and some just need some professional guidance. It just helps so much for each person to find the understanding of why or what made them feel inadequate in the first place so as to lay that chapter to rest in their minds. Sex can become so wonderful for those who find peace within themselves.

This was as always a great read by Dinsmore and hard to put down till you have read it all, even though you have guessed the ending. I don’t seem to ever be the least bit disappointed by whatever Dinsmore puts in front of us.

Thank you for the great fun and entertainment.

With a further growing of respect you reprobate.

PT

TLeeTLeealmost 18 years ago
Bullshit

The first part was piss-poor. It was so bad that I never turned the page. I hope your next submission is better. You get a zero from me only because Lit doesn't go any lower.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great

Another good Dinsmore romance. It had a lot of your usual touches: business relationships, semi-long personal expository speeches and dogs. No flying or military.

Boyd

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 18 years ago
Well done!

A different twist to most of your stories, but the fun, and understanding at the end were classic fare. I like the way you take a different direction now and then, yet still come up with a fine story. Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
not a bad story

not a bad story, but from what i have heard about the children of alcholic parents, he doesn't sound like them. they evade, dodge the problems, lie to themselves.

so bill's character doesn't seem to talk like that, IMHO.

but i will still give ya 100, because it is better than most.

GualterioGualterioabout 13 years ago
A different kind of redemption.

Unusual. Many "Loving Wife" stories have had this theme, but the protagonist's recovery from his sexual addiction was a first and it was very interesting. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
New homophone

A brand new homophone to me. Bight (as in rope) and bite (as with teeth).

Enjoyed the story. Your "Man among women" is one of my favourites.

talldarkfellowtalldarkfellowalmost 11 years ago
Ongoing problems, but good points too.

Like your characterizations and your word choices for descriptions. Unfortunately, I've noted in more than one of your stories that your writing suffers from a couple of ongoing problems that make it ... uncomfortable to read over several pages.

You tend to jump over large chunks of time in the narrative with little or no "bridging". Characters seem to get seemingly instantaneous transition from one phase of their lives to another, or at most with a bare bones descriptive sentence or two to describe life-changing events.

And you tend to do large blocks of verbal text that cram several semi-related subjects together. Read out loud, they sound like the character is talking during scuba diving "buddy breathing". Trying to get out as many thoughts as possible before running out of air.

A little give and take: "...he said" (paragraph) ...she replied", might flow better. I know it's ubiquitous, and a bit boring, but that's because it usually works so well the reader stops noticing the mechanics and pays attention to the dialogue, unless it's pointed out to them.

None of this detracts from the solid quality of your writing, overall.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Another great story about growing up and learningto live

And Love someone other than yourself -

He needed some big time help to get there - she needed help too

The both got it - nice one -

Hale1Hale1almost 8 years ago
You gotta have faith

The first part of this story is about a misogynistic bastard, and quite frankly I almost stopped reading. But, I've read enough of Dinsmore's stories to have the faith necessary to keep reading.

Thanx for another great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story

Seemed like it ended a bit abruptly but maybe that's just me. I did enjoy it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I Liked It

I actually liked this story a lot, as I have most of Dinsmore's offerings . But as in many of his other stories I felt that it ended too abruptly, with not quite enough detail into what happens after the couple finally realize they are truly in love. Call me a romantic if you want, and I'll call you an asshole and poke you in the eye, but I'd enjoy reading a little more about the relationship after the initial "I love you".

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My 2 cents

Great story. I liked the start and the way you introduced Bill. He was a sleaze ball and was having fun being one. It took that one special woman to tell it like it was. You moved the story along and developed Bill. I liked that. The big thing I liked the most was the dialogue between Bill and Jennifer. That made the story a 5 star (as far as I'm concerned). You let them work through their issues and let them come to a great ending. Thanks for your time and imagination. I know this story was written some time ago.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous