All Comments on 'A Tale of Two Kitties'

by bleeep

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
Nasty56Nasty569 months ago

Real nice spin on the nerdy shy guy romance!

6King6King9 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Nice!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I was excited to see a new story from this author. bleeep sure has a knack for romance and this story was a lot of fun, with interesting characters. In case bleeep has any interest in maintaining a master file of the story, here are some (but not all) of the errors:

“waiving a finger at me” and later “jumped over the counter and waived his gun” (waving/waved)

I'm wasn't lying about liking Anime. I might have a few less posters of nearly naked women though. (Probably an editing glitch, “I wasn’t lying about liking Anime. I might have fewer posters of nearly…”)

enjoying our little sparing match (sparring)

Though so (Thought)

She took me by the hand and lead me back to the table (past tense of lead is led)

peeked out from it's hiding place (got it right later in the paragraph, but it’s is not the possessive of it)

didn't expect how it would effect me (affect is the more likely verb here)

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I was only disappointed that bleeep didn’t start with some variant of “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, …”

eomersoneomerson9 months ago

great job! I am old softy and loved this!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc9 months ago

Really loved the story. For some reason, writers sometimes setup their main characters in this genre in time in their lives that "success" in a lifelong relationship is borderline believable. Maybe I'm just a cynical old man (my wife's been known to call me an asshole - LOL), but chances of them meeting that early in their college careers, maintaining a relationship and staying together all those years is astronomically low. It would have no impact to the storyline to have them meet toward the end of their college days and enhance my buy-in. All that said, really enjoyed your work - 4.8*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy9 months ago

Sometimes, nice guys do win!

5

acupacup9 months ago

Excellent wrap up!

All too many reminders of my younger years. You captured everything soo well.

Davester37Davester379 months ago

What a great story! I just love those characters, vivid, well-developed, exceptional, yet believable and likable. The title is very clever.

As a bit of a nitpicker, I do wish the story was edited more carefully. The Anon. poster listed a bunch, but I’ll add missing letters and words, and misuse of “too,” “to,” and “two,” “it’s,” and “its.” It may seem trivial, but hitting one of these throws off the flow and I find it a bit jarring when I read. A well-edited story shows the author’s respect for the reader and pride in their work. End of rant!

With all that said, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work. I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story, and very enjoyable. A 5*+ fav.

stewartbstewartb9 months ago

Damn ! This story was about "PURRFECT". Thanks.

BruceWoBruceWo9 months ago

What an absolutely beautiful story

A_BierceA_Bierce9 months ago

Appealing characters (except for a couple deliberately not so), deftly told story, thoroughly satisfying ending. 4.04

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Awesome story, could not stop until it was finished.

OvercriticalOvercritical9 months ago

This is what I would call a feel-good story. Yeah, you could probably predict the outcome, but the path was well paved. I could sort of identify with Darrin although I was never quite that shy. Needless to say I didn't get a 4.03 GPA, but the fear of a meaningful relationship was familiar. The need for communication I can understand as well as the reticence to actually do it. None of my relationships lasted 30 years and certainly did not seem as happy as Darrin and Shasta. So i could root for the MCs and enjoy their progress. The mechanics of the story were well done and I certainly enjoyed it . 5*

lAnatomistelAnatomiste9 months ago

A 5-star story, with a nice "growth-of-the-nerd" plot.

But....

"College wasn't any better. Yes I already have a degree. Actually, two. All in the field of computers and robotics. I'm here finishing a few classes for my third in A.I. Artificial Intelligence. As well as starting my PhD."

If the MC already has two degrees, and is starting work on a doctorate, he isn't _taking_ classes, he's doing research and _teaching_ classes. He'd be working on his thesis, with other grad students, and and with his faculty advisor on a daily basis and by daily, I mean 7 am to 11 pm. (DAMHIKT)

The f'ball team and the sorority would have no idea he existed.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The author should spend more time on editing his work before having published. Despite this lack the story is worth the read and 5 stars. I definitely will re-read it again

Ravey19Ravey199 months ago

Cannot really fault it. Yes, there were a few bleeps in the text but not enough to mar the enjoyment of this excellent story of a nerd finding his way in life, or being guided by the one type of person who could bring him together. 5⛤ from me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I was looking for a feel good story and the author delivered in spades.

GeekyRussianGuyGeekyRussianGuy9 months ago

It's a good story, but you really don't need to overcompensate for social ineptitude of the guy by making him a genius. You are trying to make him relatable - anime helps, 4.03 with two degrees who is excellent at everything computer is very Mary Sue.

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMind9 months ago

Lovely story. Endearing main characters and a poignant plot. Worth five stars. But please, 'alot'? It seems to be a word you use a lot. I checked the US Merriam Webster dictionary to be sure that I wasn't getting snippy about acceptable US usage:

a lot, phrase

Definition of a lot; as in much; to a large extent or degree

bleeepbleeep9 months agoAuthor

I certainly won't hold it against you. Grammar was never my strong point as my high school English teacher would tell you (if she were still alive, anyway) However, I live in a part of this country where words like y'all and ain't are in common usage and just about any word ending in -ing, somehow loses the 'g'. Is it grammatically correct, no, but it is how we talk. I try to write in the same fashion. I glad you enjoyed the story. That same English teacher would, no doubt, be amazed I could produce anything worth reading. Most days, I am as well.

SatyrDickSatyrDick9 months ago

[30.08.23]

Mucho Kawaii und Romantique!

Just the right amount of 'conflict' (bullies & the two dads).

11/10 Nyahs!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I “rather” liked this story a bunch. It’s worthy of five stars. The stylistic use of “rather” belies the author’s southern origins and suggests to the reader that he is in facts a Brit.

rbloch66rbloch666 months ago

This might well be my newest favourite story. Another 5 . Whether it is your stories or that of someone else, I am amazed with how many ways true love can show up and be expressed. When it is done well, it brings a tear to my eye. This one has done just that.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Glad things worked out for Darrin. He had a wife for more years than the calendar said. It started when she kicked Stephanie's ass for being evil to her HUSBAND!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Fascinating story and exceptionally well written. A definite 5.

Cali_LoveCali_Love4 months ago

Hey, fun ride. Thanks for that. Yeah, here and there were a few errors that editing might have found, yet I bet you have fewer than any of my stories and seriously, no biggie. I suppose it's constructive to list them as others have done, but come on, that's more for their own egos. I certainly would never do that. Writing is a lot of work, and to do it well, as you have done here, is impressive. And you let us all read it for free! Thank you. Much appreciated. 5*

CL

wwaldripwwaldrip4 months ago

Lovely story, really enjoyed reading it

LovesDancingLovesDancing3 months ago

Great story! The best thing about an erotic story is how they got to the erotic part sometimes, and this was a great example of that.

MwestohioMwestohio2 months ago

Excellent story. You did a great job of giving different voices to each of your characters

J6480J64801 day ago

Enjoyed the read and pleased to see that lots of the real world was included. Keep us all entertained

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbleeep@bleeep
Been suffering a bit of writer's block lately. I think I've overcome that, at least for the moment as I just submitted my third work in a little over a week. "Molly" was a story I'd been working on for over two years and the newest one "Irresistible Force" nearly as long. Sti...

SIMILAR Stories