All Comments on 'A Tale of Two Mothers Pt. 01'

by Shaima32

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighabout 6 years ago
Thumbs up!

A promising start to what looks to be another excellent Shaima series. You might get a few grumbles from those readers who expect instant sex in stories. If you do, don't mind them---you'll probably get far more praise from your fan base. Hope we don't have to wait too long for the next part.

stroudlestroudleabout 6 years ago
Great enjoyable read

Theres no grumbles from me for lack of sex in this. I really really enjoyed this. I love to get know the characters and get the background to the why and hows of their relationships. you are building up to really interesting story ,and i am eagerly awaiting chapter two. Having a story told from two points of view is going to add more depth and understanding i think.

Thank you. 5 stars all day long

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicabout 6 years ago
No grumbles here

Excellent story. Looking forward to reading more.

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meabout 6 years ago
Wow

I can tell this is going to be a fantastic story. I'm eager to read the next chapter. Hoping it's not a long wait. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Boring

A tedious legal account does not constitute erotic fiction

jenorma2012jenorma2012about 6 years ago
not bad

the build up of this story is really good and can't wait for the next part

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sex comes like it does in real life

That should be your standard disclaimer. Folks looking for a quickie in the loo are going to be out of luck with your stories and that is just fine for those of us who enjoy watching a relationship grow, for those who enjoy watching love unfold like a flower in the garden. This sounds like the beginning of another great relationship, beautifully written great characters. We are envious of your talent.

Slurpy29Slurpy29about 6 years ago
Nice Variation on Story Telling

Very nice start, it will be fun reading the story from different perspectives. Two for one. Always love the way you begin a story. Looking to a lot more chapters for this one.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 6 years ago
I'm enjoying it so far

And looking forward to part 2. Thank you for sharing this with us!

TheReticentWriterTheReticentWriterabout 6 years ago
Wonderful background

I love your style. It's a wonderful story, giving the background that makes the characters all that much more real to the reader. I enjoy getting to know the people as more than a one dimensional character. I can't wait to read the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Insightful

Your narrative style is greatly enhanced using first person voices, it adds to your perceptive and poignant plot. A lovely start to the series, you have won over a fellow Aussie, can’t wait to read on

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94about 3 years ago

I love finding a story that is actually a story so thank you for that. You are highly gifted with imagery and weaving people together which is a beautiful bonus. It is wonderful that you share your inner workings I am very grateful.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightabout 3 years ago
One specific question

I friended some Australians in the 2010s, a mom and her two daughters-in-law in NSW. The mother's previous daughter-in-law walked out on the mother's son. It took a full two years for the divorce to come through before the husband could remarry. This apparently was by statute. Are the laws different by state or is that a national law?

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 2 years ago

Nice slow moving story with great detils ..... 🍀🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

mattenwmattenw4 months ago

....."a country with a reputation for openness" - Did I misunderstand something about the Aborigines and the new British settlers? Or does this author just want to fool readers? If Australia is an "open" country, then America's healthcare system is leading the way and setting an example for the rest of the world!

And what does the statement “Single mothers have it tougher” mean? Do you think single fathers have it better?

Your whole story seems to me. than if you want us to believe that it is better to be in a relationship with a woman than with a man. Above all, you suggest that your protagonist already had lesbian experiences before her marriage. If that was the case, then the investigating police officer with whom she had lived would have to immediately drop the case because she was biased.

Other commentators mention that it's good that the story develops slowly. I think that's only partially good. We didn't get much background information and it's just as difficult to explain how dog sitting can lead to suddenly driving to the airport and being picked up from the airport. How does this sudden decision come about?

Or are you telling us that she's just a "do-gooder"?

+

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous