All Comments on 'A Tale of Two Mothers Pt. 02'

by Shaima32

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
HighpikeHighpikeabout 6 years ago
Wow!

Really great writing. Thank you. Looking forward to more.

MaonaighMaonaighabout 6 years ago
Continuing good... continuing powerful...

A first-rate, gripping chapter, Shaima. I was pleased Tess left her Catholic school. I had three years at a Christian Brothers school in Ireland and it was a relief when I escaped. I think most of the CBs had been expelled from the SS for excessive brutality. But I'm rambling now. This chapter had everything you need: high drama, tragedy, love and tenderness. I even laughed out loud when Paul thought that all lesbians wore army boots---just the right touch of humorous relief amidst all else that was happening around. A solid five-star submission.

jenorma2012jenorma2012about 6 years ago
not bad

you hate to hear about anyone committing suicide, it is a permit solution to a temporary problem but in all a good story, and the title is right for this story

RastanuraRastanuraabout 6 years ago
Very moving

As a former police officer I can identify with her dad. We have too many officers who "eat their gun" because of the pressures, or become alcoholics. Also I love your mum and Birgit.

stroudlestroudleabout 6 years ago
Such class

This is such a good story , written with such skill . you use such detail in your story and character development that I feel like im right there with them all.

You write about such difficult topics such as domestic abuse, suicide and coming out to your family, you do it with such class and empathy .

Thank you for

Janice1939Janice1939about 6 years ago
Reality is always the basis of the best stories.

Some stories are good but reality is always the basis of the best stories. It is hard to tell who the author is when reading, whether it are the mother or the daughter who is telling it. Which makes the whole a better history and a pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Do I have to continually tell you how much I admire you, Shaima?

You are at the stables one day, and then you're The American Reporter, and now you're a young girl dealing with love and tragedy. Easily one of the best storytellers around.

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicabout 6 years ago
Getting sucked into another one

But that's not a bad thing at all. I really look forward to your tales coming out. Thanks for sharing them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
First class!

This series has the potential to become my favourite of all your fabulous stories! Can’t wait for more. Many thanks.

JoyJoy4MeJoyJoy4Meabout 6 years ago

Wonderful. Superb. Fantastic. Awesome. I loved it. You are such a talented writer, Shaima32. I look forward to the next installment.

Nr1cowgirlNr1cowgirlabout 6 years ago
OK. Les be honest here......

This story--both parts--is a cut above most lesfiction. The construction is superb. The cast is magnificent and I, for one, can't wait to live the next part with the cast. I have no idea, of course, just who the author is, but she has my deepest thanks for allowing me to continue to think that just because the story is about the love between two women, the writing shouldn't/couldn't be first class. Thanks for reminding me, and everyone else that reads your story, that world-class writing is not excluded from lesfic stories.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 6 years ago
Very good and enjoyable read!

Both parts so far, and I'm looking forward to chapter 3! Thank you for sharing this with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Beautifully constructed

I am enjoying the next instalment of your writing. Your honest and caring style engages readers with your characters and really supports the evolving plot

ShenthusShenthusover 4 years ago
Excellent

Such a good story. I wish i could write like this

g601mg601mover 3 years ago

I live in Adelaide and of course have been to Melbourne many times, seems funny hearing about places and events that have occurred in your writing.

Don't get me started on the plebiscite for marriage equality here in Au... The amount of friends and clients in same sex relationships who felt that they were being judged for being in love was overwhelming. Should have never been allowed to be voted on, the Gov't should have just changed the law... as simple as that.

Thank you for the last two chapters, on to the third now.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous