All Comments on 'A Terrible Whore'

by ausfet

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
jesterhjesterhalmost 5 years ago
Love some of these people.

Not necessary to write more, this is a fine complete story. But want more; especially more dialogue. Great job!

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionalmost 5 years ago
Great story

really grew fond of the characters and how you got them to cope with the different and developing relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow

I have never left a comment before. Ive been on this site since I was too young to be here. I have read stories and books.. series.. my entire life. never been so heartbroken when I ran out of story. ANY MORE is appreciated.. write a Novel so I can buy it.

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinalmost 5 years ago
Very good!

As usual your characters are great, and the story was complex and satisfying. I was hoping for some pain for Carl because he was such an asshole. You let him off too easy.

nomad14905nomad14905almost 5 years ago
Perfect

Absolutely perfect in every way - well . . . except for the way you let Carl off the hook - he should have been buried somewhere in concrete. Wonderful characters that in such a short time we grew to love and care for - the epitome of a perfect story. Well done.

Rake456Rake456almost 5 years ago
Ugh

So good! Always a pleasure to read your stuff. You're really able to write some genuinely believable characters. Probably my favorite active author on here these days, so I hope there's more to come!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Ace

Good stuff.

You nailed the problem with hooker stories where sex without an emotional connection is dull

Loved the way that you dont colour in all the outlines, you let the reader work it out

Especially liked the way Rachel didnt try to solve Deans literacy issues.

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 5 years ago
This is excellent!

The characters behave in reasonable ways and the plot is logical but not entirely predictable. I thought ex-hubby Carl was going to get his block knocked off in the final scene but Ausfet's too good a storyteller for that. Her way is more true to life. Carl is well drawn as a smooth talking, menacing sociopath. Rachael is convincing as a single mother trying to hold her family together. Dean is a hero but really just a bloody good man trying to do the right thing. And the sex ain't bad, either. Bravo, Author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well worth the wait

Sucked in to an engrossing tale within a few paragraphs, as usual, I can't get enough of your tales. You have many friends here - please write on.

CharlieB4CharlieB4almost 5 years ago
Been hanging out for this...

And to make it worse I had to wait an extra couple of days so I could read it from start to finish without interruption. It’s getting monotonous but it has got to be said. Another fantastic story. Everyday characters bought to life in vivid colour. Loved it! 5 *

Zach_lost_in_AusZach_lost_in_Ausalmost 5 years ago
Fantastic

I don’t often read stories on Lit as long as 11 pages. No problem with this one. Absorbing, real, gritty and honest.

Thank you.

Zach.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 5 years ago
I kept waiting...

... for someone, anyone, to cave Carl’s head in. What a piece of shit.

Wonderful. Another great cast of characters. Carl is an especially compelling villain, particularly in contrast to Dean - another of your understated, working class good guy heroes. Rachael is the epitome of female inner strength. I’ve known a few Rachaels in my life - women who’ve fought tooth and nail, under the worst circumstances to survive, and ultimately found a measure of peace and contentment. Sweet and satisfying story.

Thank you*****

p.s. What’s your take on Trent Dalton? Seems like he’s making quite a splash in your neck of the woods with “Boy Swallows Universe” (which I enjoyed a lot).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thank you

I really enjoyed this story; well written with credible characters. Well done and hope you keep writing.

tygztygzalmost 5 years ago

I was really hoping the dogs would eat Carl, or at least part of him.

As the song says" man, what are you doin' here?" - but I'm glad you are.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Im in love with these charachters

So wonderfully written, thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Insanely well written story

Honestly one of the most engaging works of fiction ice read recently. The sex wasn't just strictly there for sex; the erotic content was second to the actual plot. There really isn't that many stories on this platform that keeps me hooked solely from the story and plot alone but this was one of them. The ending was a bit rushed in a sense but also very fitting. It brings a great sense of catharsis without losing interest, a feat that is not nearly as easy as it seems. Great story, good plot building, absolutely wonderful pacing. Truly a gem of those site.

tbonehuntertbonehunterabout 4 years ago
One of the best

This is one of the most compelling stories I’ve ever read. And not just on this site. It spans so many facets of the human condition, in such a gentle voice. It made me recall some of the single mothers I’ve known, who sacrifice themselves to put the emotional and physical well-being of their children above every thing else. Anyone who thinks a single mother is a drain on society needs to read this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So well written

An amazing story! I’m so glad for Dean and Rachel.

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 4 years ago
Second read

I came back after a year to give this story a second read. It's a long story and a good one, perhaps my favorite Ausfet tale. She writes so many good stories I can't decide. This is dramatic storytelling at it's best. Very human, very tough, and so very true to life. Five stars aren't enough.

pseud277pseud277about 3 years ago

Well told domestic thriller with the demonic ex-husband dealing the required amount of dread to fire the story along. Altogether too realistic; I didnt feel any erotic or romantic tension after the first encounter with Carl. To me it was all about those psychopathic tendencies winding their way to a possibly terrible ending.

Laura1234Laura1234about 2 years ago

Amazing- thanks so much for sharing -

I found you through the favorites list of another author I admire - so glad she listed you!

Cracker270Cracker2703 months ago

Good well written story. I have to say I longed for something horrible to happen to Carl

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userausfet@ausfet
Don't get too excited, I'm not dead. Thanks to everyone who has emailed, voted and commented. Thanks also to the lovely folk who have edited my stories and provided advice. About me: 38, married, two kids, two dogs, live in Brisbane. To answer some of the most commonly...

SIMILAR Stories