All Comments on 'A Time of Changes'

by Mason_Hess

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
complexhobagcomplexhobagabout 5 years ago
Sad tale

This story was honestly just sad. A woman who let some asshole affect that strongly is just sad. It is also sad she hid the man's child from him. She said she was a coward, and honestly she was. I know people can be broken from being cheated on but, making the main character never really heal is pretty sad and weak to me. I wanted to enjoy this, but it didn't really seem a romance to me. A romance to me normally has the hero, or heroine in this case with a happy ending, but she wasnt given one in this story.

JayDiverJayDiverabout 5 years ago
Excellent

Well worth the five I gave it. Thanks

James7594James7594about 5 years ago
Could have been better

No, I am not suggesting that the sad ending itself hurt the story. You could have a romantic tragedy just fine. The problem was the execution. It felt like the sad ending was chosen just for the sake of being different, especially with how the flow was going. It was abrupt, had no significant basis and was just detached! I kind of get what you meant to portray, or at least think what you meant to portray but the way it was finally done was lackluster at best and disruptive in general terms. It killed the mood to abruptly and using the excuse of twist in the story can only get you so far!

Try to pace your story better along with a better structured plot and you might be in green.

J. Jamie Dupane

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Disappointed

I can believe I read 10 pages of a great romance story between two people who you made perfect for each other. Then in just the last few paragraphs you split them up, have him married to someone else we don't know, and make her just this sad woman destined to be alone. Wish I'd never read it to be honest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Believable

First, to the detractors: Finding "the right one" at age 19, and burying yourself in their world and that of your studies, being constantly groomed and told to reinforce the ambitions of "the right one" as your social and marital "better" - only to be utterly and completely betrayed and discarded by him and all you know?

Is what shatters a person so badly. Most I encountered were already dead, dying, or will make adjustments so that suicide - the next time - is assured.

Particularly rife in the world of models, all of whom are "the next 'It' girl" only to be whored-out by their family, their agent, their significant other, then discarded as ravaged coke whores. A quick step forward as the #1 train passes through Chelsea Station, and you make the NY Daily News once again.

"Former Supermodel Suicide" continues on page 6.

To the author: Well done, while busy and unable to read this in one-go, it continued to draw me back in. Your illustration of the rich boy who sees himself above consequences is well done. I've heard one was dangled off of a bridge one night, with a sack over his head, and chains binding him tightly.

Apparently the message of your father's money, your father's reputation, your father's lawyers won't save you - should you pursue this particular 15 year old girl again.

One of a string of throw away girls.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Sadly

To me the story was well written, but the ending was a disappointment, and I wish I hadn't started it!! I believe in people becoming more, that's the reason were are here, to struggle and grow and be more whole, and it the end the woman couldn't pull it off and ran away, how sad, and the story sadly, for me, a waste of time!!

burningloveburningloveabout 5 years ago
Profound Ending

Not what I expected. I don't know if I should be pissed that I spent all the time to read this story to be very disappointed. at the ending.

Oh well! You win some and loose some.

Definitely a 5. Character development and plot were quite good. The ending sucked.

Burninglove

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 5 years ago
Loved it!

Even the ending. Well thought out stories are a joy to read.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
?

I don't see a Romance in this dark story...The ending ruined it mostly...2 stars, but otherwise very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

One of the worst endings I’ve read in a long time

pk2curiouspk2curiousover 3 years ago

Hey Mason Hess . Everything about that story was on point . Right up till the end . It had to end sometime . That was appropriate . Your sex scenes are genius . Not just in this story . But all of them . This one may have been my favorite . Your detailed character development is fantastic . You are truly gifted .

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This isn't a romance.. Just another typical erotic coupling story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wow I really hoped it would work between pen and candice tearjerker your really good at writing them I’m sure they should add new cat

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMason_Hess@Mason_Hess
A random writer of short fiction, trying for longer stuff lately.

story TAGS