All Comments on 'A Time of Purgatory'

by Kezza67

Sort by:
  • 136 Comments
bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Very enjoyable

I did feel that 11 years was a long period to need to get over the hurt. If either had cheated it might be repairable but under the circumstances I think that three or four years was more than enough... Thanks for a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Well done...

You did a very good job with the story line, characters and flow. I would agree with the previous poster that the time frame was too long. I found it unrealistic and distracting from the overall story line.

M

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969almost 15 years ago
She waited 11 years to correct a mistake?

Okay she didn't know it was a mistake at the time but even so people change after six months imagine what would happen after eleven years? They would be two completely different people. Too different if you ask me.

poorrichardpoorrichardalmost 15 years ago
loved it

Nice story. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
how

how dumb, you made your characters out to be, this story is a waste of ink and told to make idiots out of us all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
What a lovely story

This is one of the best story i've read on this site in a long time. A little long but nice. Keep them coming. Cheers Roger.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Quite impressing...the best I've read on here

You have great talent in your writings. Don't stop now...you have impressed me and I look for more. Thanks! ! !

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 15 years ago
Ok, but....

Jas acted like a spurned 15 year old girl rather than a grown woman and wife. Leaving a loving husband immediately after one anonymous phone call just doesn't ring true. And nine years to make up! With no other lovers on either part! The husband is a passive wuss, no balls, his hurt feelings interfering with a natural desire to reclaim his wife. For nine freaking years! No, this plot just doesn't add up. Found a few syntax and punctuation errors, and some paragraph breaks around the dialogue created confusion about who is speaking. Too much day to day minutiae that doesn't advance the plot. You can tell a story, just make the characters more believable and take out the trash.

shinigamigenocideshinigamigenocidealmost 15 years ago
A time to comment

Everyone believes that the way they perceive the human pysche is right.That the way they handle things is the only way to do them. But whats right for someone can be wrong for another. IF this situation were to happen to you then deal with it the way you deem correct. But just because you wouldn't do the same as tim doesn't make it unrealistic. In almost every story on this site someone or someones leaves a comment saying the same basic thing. The main character is a pussy or a bitch and they should of handle the situation differently. That they should of manned upped or gotten over themselves and the pain. That they need to leave the bitch or bastard go out get fucked and everything is all good in the end. If the author were to follow that advice then every story on here would be the same.

In my experince on loving and lost, it doesn't work that way. The pain is to real and constant to rememdy by a simple fuck or fucks. Or just forgetting and getting over it. You never truly get over it. It gets easier and more bearable. But the questions and memories will always be there. And everyone thinks that they know before hand how they would handle the situation or others. But in the moment noone does. It many be how they would like to handle it but most of the time it never works out the we planned or believed would happen.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
Notwithstanding

the comments of those who said it is unreal and not believable, I go with my experience. There are all kinds of people out there and they behave in all sorts of ways. When I read a very good story (as this one certainly is), I ask myself how would I act in that situation. Sometimes, I agree with the character(s), and sometimes I disagree. Sometimes, I disagree to the point that I don't respect the character(s). But even then, I realize that the people can very well react as the author dictates. This story is well thought-out and well written, It held my interest throughout, and I really liked the reconciliation. Rich

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 15 years ago
Not real

It was a nice story until you added the nine year stretch before they reconciled. That is unbelievable considering the way you write that they loved each other and there was no actual cheating to get over. What a big sissy he was to just feel hurt! He was told the circumstances of why she felt he had cheated. But no...he could not get over his anger for another nine years? She gives him nine years of abstinance from any loving relationship at all while waiting to get him back? Come On! Why that time frame? Another year or less- after their talk would have made it somewhat believable. Poor widdle man had his feeling hurt so bad? She had not had another lover which was what he had feared. So what was his real problem? He said he never quit loving her! How could he live apart so long? I don't think these long time periods enhance any story! I am one of the readers that "DO" love reconciliation stories, but I don't by 11 years apart after a misunderstanding! Yet you write they loved each other "So Much"!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
If one likes stories of the mentally ill this one

might be good. I had rather read stories of grown adults with some mental ability and no serious mental illnesses. When I woman just walks out on you she says two things. One she really doesnt love you, you can think anything you want but the actions speak louder than words. Two she thinks you really dont matter and has no respect for you, if she did she would have told you what and why and left you as an adult. To take a woman like this back again after years is not even in the realm of reality. Why would you again subject yourself to such a woman and her actions? After all once the back is born she might just walk out again and leave you and the baby with no word. Next a DNA test is absolutely necessary, no matter how impossible you think it might be for her to have someone else's baby. If nothing else you need the test to convince yourself she is telling the truth. You can test even before the gaby is born using villi, read about it.

DrallDrallover 14 years ago
WOW!

I loved it and tears are running down my face. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
The last half was pitiful

This story line feels like it was written by 15 year old female. Totally unbelieveable but love wins against all reason. Do you really think the world is like this? List this kind of tripe under "make believe". These two deserve each other, obviously the child will be handicapped. anon jerry

Wilde1701Wilde1701over 14 years ago
A good story.

I really liked this story. It had a good plot and was well written. I'm not so keen on the 9 year gap and I would of liked to of known what happened to them in the future but hey it's your story. Thank you for sharing it. Got to say I'm surprised by the severalty negative comments though.

Orionman17Orionman17about 14 years ago
Purgatory - Isn't it here on on this blue marble?

Thank you for a good read. I liked the story as it had the appeal of an earthly fairy tale, and I mean that in a very complimetary way. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Tired of it

This same old plot line. The wife does something crazy because of a phone call...or a letter...or what another attractive male tells her. She causes extreme emotional damage and/or gets revenge sex...whatever. Come on! If she loved her man she would confront him and give him a chance to refute what she heard! Then you authors work so hard to reconcile them by painting the untrusting wife as a saint in trying to make everything up the the wronged husband. Jesus! Why don't you get more realistic and interject into the wife's thinking, that she was just looking for an excuse to get free of their marriage for a while for whatever reason? Then their sudden overreaction to what they hear would make more sense?

norcal62norcal62almost 14 years ago
British terms

I sincerely wish that Brit writers would find a substitute for the terms, steaming mug of tea, or steaming mug of coffee. They are overused in the same way slip or sip are overused. Try some creativity on this, please

ephraimephraimover 13 years ago
Good Story

I love love reconciliation stories; however, the time lapse stretches the credence in the story. The emotions, dialog and characterization are good. A month or two separation or even a year would be more believable.

0649d0649dover 13 years ago
it was an amazing story

I think these two people were idealists and so they were emotionally immature, because otherwise they would both have moved on in 9 years. I know, it is incredibly frustrating to many readers, and it is doubtlessly seen as stupid.. but it is not far from reality, and this stupidity is not genetic either. They were young and idealistic. Not optimistic - or they wouldn't have been celibate. The emotions that it evokes from readers I think is what makes this a great story. The truth is that they were both in love and should have reconciled at the first opportunity. Personally I think reconciliation in this case would have been banging the bitch and knocking her up as soon as she walked through the door at the first meeting after the divorce. Sex is somewhat a harmless way of venting anger. So this is my prescription: bang the bitch. If still angry, repeat. Do this for a week, then a month, then a year. You will be guaranteed success. I think what irks many readers is spending a loveless life. It does seem very pointless and boring to be a worker-drone going through 9 years alone..

SpiritogreSpiritogreover 13 years ago
True Love

Wonderful romantic fairy tale of true love!

This is the second story of you I read after Conumdrum and I have to say they're - so far - all outstanding!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
idiotic

clueless losers that ended up together because no sane/well adjusted person would tolerate either of them

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Superb!

What a great story with a brilliant ending!! Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
It was an amazingly stupid story.

Waste of time. Another wimp tale.

slaverowanslaverowanover 12 years ago
Superb!

This was a story of mistaken intentions and paranoia. It's nice to see that the shadows of mistrust are banished in the light shone by love.

This is not a story of cuckolds and wimps as some people see it.

This is a story of Romance. 5 Stars.

You had me in tears of sadness and in joy... thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Communication Problems Again!

One test I have of a satisfying story is whether I feel good when I am finished! I do indeed feel upbeat as I finished this tale!

Clearly the initial problem was a snap judgement by JAS, with no effort on her part to substantiate the claim by a 'mystery, unknown' informant. A rediculous action on JAS's part, as well as very poor judgement, confirming her lack of trust in her 'beloved husband' and her failure to use logic. Regardless, the re-awakening of the strong relationship after ten years did produce a decent ending, with prospects for a satisfying future for the parents and the new child. Sometimes a 'suspension of disbelief' can be worthwhile in a fictional story if well written. Dan

norcal62norcal62about 12 years ago
Extremely weak plot. Who borrowed a plot device from someone else?

Surely didn't become apparent. Others have commented appropriately on the weakness of this story.

I'd like to question the grammar. Do Brits really capitalize all nouns? Is this a hangover from their German rulers?

norcal62norcal62about 12 years ago
Normally I download and save interesting LW stories.

I've just deleted this one as too poorly constructed to continue reading.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
nice write, nice story but,

what you wrote is just a dream that will only waste your life away, so sad....bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
At Norcal62

I assume from your user name that you are from Northern California (sorry about the capitals but that is English Grammer). Clearly they do not teach what Nouns are in the schools of California. I think your school report should say "must try harder!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
RIDICULOUS

Unlike many of the ditch the bitch brigade, I like reconciliation stories. However, this one is so far over the top as to be ridiculous. Eleven years of separation and beef stroganoff does the trick. Pull the other one please.

Dubby

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Stomach?

The way to a man's heart is through his stomach? I little too long but I liked it.

carbinemastercarbinemasterabout 11 years ago
Good Story

Honesty compels me to admit that I usually don't care for reconciliation stories. Having said that, I want you to know how much I've enjoyed this one. I freely admit to being a sappy romantic (hence my frequent perusal of this category), and this tale belongs here. To those who have submitted derogatory comments about this story, I can only admonish them to remember that it is in fact just that: a story! If any of you come to a site like this to read about reality, then I humbly suggest you consult a behavioral health professional! Please keep writing, and I'll keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Too long

Both their reconciliation and the entire story. I liked it but felt with some decent editing that 3 or 4 pages would have been enough to tell that tale of them acting "doolally". Keep after it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Tim is pussy whipped

At least he should have been cockled the way he folded.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Six pages of wimpy-poo

Weak spine man; stupid woman. Any guts he would of told her to go to hell and given her $5 (or 4 pounds) for the bus ride. If they have a kid, the kid will most definitely be brain dead (like its parents).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Hard to like the Protagonists in this story

Could you have devised two dumber people? She divorces him without ever talking to him. He LETS her divorce him because he loves her so much - again without talking to her? I'm all for happy endings but these two deserved to be apart the way this story was written. The implausibility of two people supposedly so much in love that they'd divorce without speaking is just too much to rate this story too highly. And then to wait for 9 years before getting back together? Again, it seems too unbelievable to think that one or the other would not have found another partner in those years. This isn't Romeo and Juliet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Praise

This is one of the finest and most moving stories ever to appear on this site.

carvohicarvohialmost 11 years ago
I hope you read this.

First, it was a wonderful story, and wonderfully written. I gave it a well deserved five. Second, like several others I thought the nine year lapse was overlong, but then I reconsidered. I am an American, but of Scottish ancestry in a southern state where the population until only very recently has been overwhelmingly singularly ethnically Scottish. I suppose there is some insularity among British people in the midlands too. Though Scottish types are kind and generous and not at all morose as some would suggest; there is a latent inertia in our nature. Nine years could pass without any serious action. I'd prefer that it didn't, but it could have just as easily been thirty years and a couple of death bed regrets. Third, I suppose I would have preferred some kind of more meaningful epilogue; a reference to a happy baby boy, a second pregnancy, and the redemption that comes from true love lost but at last regained. Last, I see you've constructed a long love story. My guess is you'll glean a lot fewer comments, but those received will be more worthwhile. I've dropped a few stories in the Loving Wives category, and have garnered more than my share of anonymous tongue lashings. A man like your protagonist certainly wasn't a wimp, and your heroine wasn't childish. They were two kind souls caught up in a tragedy. Back to the anonymous commenters; there are a lot of unhappy people out there. I feel for them.

Storm113Storm113over 10 years ago
liked it, but...

the 9 years was way too much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it

But I agree - nine years? It should have been four tops. Other than that no complaints. Lovely story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Enjoyed it

I gave it five stars, but the 8 years was a bit long for these two to have waited on each other.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
So near to perfection ...

Loved the story, albeit with the too-long hiatus. I very much appreciate your almost-perfect grammar. Only found two to complain about: "Andrew got Mike and I together" … (Mike and me) and "He left mum, Archie and I a lot of money." (He left … me a lot of money.) I know its a popular misuse, but popularity doesn't make it proper.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Years!

Change the '9' to '4' and castigate (ouch) your editor!!

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
It was a loving story -

About a stupid woman who failed miserably - BUT - paid big time -

The 9 years was simply too long - separated for 11 years and ponly together for 3 strains the bonds soo much - not that it could not happen even - just that it should not have happened.

They both own the long term pain -

Great idea for the finish though LOL - transparent yes and workable too.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
I went up and down with this story

i agree with others the time laps between the divorce and the te conciliation was way too long. Also Tim was a little to hard headed and irrationally stubborn after finding out the truth about what happened to cause Jas to flee. These are minor point. This story is a very good read and well constructed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A wonderfully written story!

The author is just fantastic! I can't say enough good about the style, I loved it immensely.

But the premise is not believable. The first thing I did was ask my wife as she walked by, what she would do if the same circumstances happened to us. She looked at me as if I'd went mad and told me she'd wait until I got home and then grill me. Keep in mind, this was a woman who had a boyfriend that cheated on and hurt her terribly, he was THE one for her.

But the idea that a woman, or man, would do something like that with no confrontation, is hard to believe. And if they did, the dirtbag would deserve all the scorn that could be applied.

phd70phd70over 9 years ago
As mentioned by others, change the 9 years to 4!

Fine tale, but time dragged on too long! Perhaps a British author with all the centuries of British history in mind, has a different sense of time! Was still a fine tale.

Dan

Cassy16Cassy16over 9 years ago
Doolally

Love the colloquial English - We Colonials love it too.

Cheers

Tony from NZ

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hits too close to home..

When I was young, some 40 years ago I was head over heels in love with a young woman whom I had grown up next to. We lost our virginities together and all the experimenting that comes with it. Then we set a date for our marriage and everything fell apart.

At my bachelors party, there were strippers who ended up fucking everyone there. Yes, everyone. The thing was, I wasn't there, I was home sick with food poisoning and couldn't get 10' from the bathroom. It was coming out of both ends and I was that way for 72 hours, not contacting anyone. Finally, when I was able to start moving around, the first thing I did was try and contact my betrothed. She didn't answer. I tried her folks and they were curt, not giving me any information. I went over to my fiancé's apartment and she was gone. Just gone. After a moment with the manager, I found she'd turned her key in and loaded her belongings in her little car and that was the last he'd seen of her.

It took almost six weeks before I got a glimmer of what had happened. Someone had contacted my fiancé and told her about the stripper party and how they fucked everyone there. No one seemed to have mentioned I wasn't there. When I explained it to her friends, they were horrified about what happened but it was to no avail, she was gone with no forwarding address and her folks refused to speak with me. I was in hell.

Fast forward about 5 years and with all my time spent in building a small business that was just starting to finally be in the black, there was a knock at my door, I lived above my business in a tiny apartment to save money and be close to my work. I wasn't expecting anyone and when I opened the door and Julie stood there, you literally could have knocked me down with a feather. The problem was, she had a big black eye and a swollen place on her jaw. She wanted to talk.

Rather than let her in, I followed her down the outside steps and to a picnic area I had built off the rear of my business for my customers, I owned a deli. We sat down, I hadn't uttered a word yet, and I just looked at her. She was having trouble speaking around the swollen jaw. It turns out, she finally found out what happened when she got around to contacting an old friend in our hometown where I still lived. She apologized, horrified she hadn't given me a chance to defend myself or even check on me, she heard I had been close to death. I let her prattle on and said nothing.

Finally she came out with it. She had met someone and married him. I would have imagined this news would have made me sick, but I felt nothing, her actions had burned my love away. They had been married for about 3 years when he started drinking with the bad economy after having lost his job. With the drinking she learned he was an abusive drunk and he began to beat her, the last time being the most severe and she'd left. Although she never really came out and asked, she wanted to know about my status. Instead of answering her I just thanked her for the information and left her sitting there as I went back to the stairs leading to my tiny apartment. I heard tears and turned back toward her and when she saw that, she told me she had no where else to go, not coming right out and asking if she could stay with me. My answer was short, I told her to talk with her parents, they were still alive and around. I believe she was stunned when I turned and went into my place and saw her slowly make it back to her old car she'd had when we were together.

Someone told me she'd moved back in with her folks and her ex had been around looking for her. Then one day she came into my deli and had her husband with her. She tried to introduce us but I ignored her and let my only employee take care of them. They were trying to get back together but I really did my best to avoid her, or them. Over the next month, she must have been in my deli at least a dozen times and I was successful in avoiding her, before she disappeared, presumably back with her husband.

That lasted another two weeks and she stopped by my deli again, trying to talk to me and this time, I agreed. We took a table and a couple sandwiches and she told me it was over, he'd beat her up again when she agreed to go back with him. She was with her parents and was looking for a place of her own. I congratulated her for escaping her marriage and finally broke down and said something I'd promised I wouldn't when I told her she had good practice leaving relationships. She burst out in tears and ran from my store, I hoped that would be the last time I would see her.

I was disappointed when she came back in, this time with her folks. They asked to speak with me and I agreed, the day was slow and I was alone. Her folks apologized about how they ignored me and thought I was guilty without knowing the whole truth. They did a lot of talking at me and I did a lot of listening, though without really hearing. Finally, they got down to it. My ex said she was divorcing her husband and asked if I was interested in getting back together, she and her folks were so sorry about the misunderstanding.

I looked at them like they were retarded, which they were. Here is about what I said, as best as I can remember. "You and I were in love, at least I was. We were going to get married, have children and spend the rest of our life together. Then, you hear a goddamned rumor and fly off the handle without ever giving me a chance to defend myself and now all the sudden you are wanting to get back together with me like nothing ever happened?

"You're asking me to suddenly start trusting you again, a woman who up and left her fiancé? The fiancé who moved away, married another man and now you want me to accept a high mileage pussy back?" Her parents bristled at that. "I was in love with you and you moved away and married another cock, going to have a family and live happily ever after with him and all the sudden I should take you back and forgive and forget? Are you kidding me?

"No Julie, no thanks. You had your chance, we would have had a wonderful life together. Go out and with your parents blessing, find another chump, this time perhaps someone who doesn't beat on you. Because this bus left and you weren't on it, you were riding on someone else's 'bus'." With that, I got up and began to help other patrons who had come in. They hung around, hoping I'd come back and listen to 'reason' but I didn't. Eventually, they left but by then I was so busy, I didn't notice.

Julie came in for the next year, off and on. It was mostly an apology-fest but I was unswayed, her parents came in together and individually off and off too. During the time I would have thought she moved on, but she didn't. Her parents are the ones who told me of her divorce being final and I was the one to tell them, I didn't care and that they were part of why I didn't care.

My business was taking off and there was literally a line at my store door during the summer months, forcing me to hire two more employees. One was a college graduate that helped me with my books and she turned out to be invaluable. Something 'clicked' between us and soon we were dating. My ex's parents didn't give up but I did happen to see Julie on the arm of a few different men, though none she brought in. When she came in, she was always alone and made it plain, she would like to get back together.

I proposed to Maryanne and she accepted. Alone and without family, we had a very small wedding and she insisted on moving in and we stay in the tiny apartment, why blow a lot of money on a big home when we were so close to work? Evenings were spent outside in my picnic area and 6 days per week we worked 12+ hours per day. Maryanne thrived on the work and soon we were opening two more deli's in neighboring towns.

Finally it all ended. Maryanne was tired of Julie, although we never mentioned we were married. Her and I were walking down along the river at our local state park and saw a car parked in the brush and we were concerned because we could hear shrieks. Running up to it, we looked inside to find Julie in a threesome with two other men and she had one in her pussy and the other in her ass. When I realized, I just looked in the opposite side, right into her face and grinned! I'd figured out whoever it was wasn't in trouble and when she looked up and saw me grinning, she started shrieking for real. Maryanne and I left and I'm sure they heard our laughter for a half mile!

The next day was the last time I saw Julie, ever. She stopped in and apologized and tried to make it sound as if she were forced. I started to laugh and told her, "nice try." She talked again about getting back together, we could get past her threeway. I didn't have a chance to respond, my wife came up behind her and asked her to leave and leave her husband alone. Julie was shocked to know we were married. I left by Maryanne sat and they talked for a half hour or so and when she left, my wife told me that was the last we'd see of her.

She was right, thank the good Lord!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Anonymous Should Start Writing

Another five for Kezza67. I have noticed in the comments after several Kezza67 stories that Anonymous writes a comment that would actually be a good story if fluffed out a bit. He/she should publish one here on Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Self inflicted purgatory.

When you can't accept after eighteen months that she is gone you really need mental counseling.

Leaving like that and staying way for that long because of a rumor speaks to her core personality.

If they both had high standards why either one of them would take each other is beyond me.

The old saying applies both of them:

I wouldn't have anyone who would lower their standards enough to have me.

calflashcalflashabout 9 years ago
pretty unbelieable

First her reason for the divorce then for conceiving his child after 10 years. I can't believe they were both celibate all that time at their ages. I know many woman say they "know" when they conceived but in a week!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1*

this plot is just too stupid.

c1992wc1992walmost 9 years ago
Probably the best story in Literotica in this category

Thank you for using precise language and creating a unique plot. Damn! I fell in love with Jes myself!

To your detractors: Fiction, according to Aristotle, describes people and their actions as they might be and ought to be. Kezza67, you did Aristotle proud!

RPGerRPGeralmost 9 years ago
The disclaimer...

The characters in this story are English therefor the story is written to reflect that. There is little graphic sex.

ROFL!

Rhsc1Rhsc1almost 9 years ago
Communication

Or the lack of, is always the key. From the author of one the all time greats, Abby...another great story. Nothing yet for 2015. Anything new on the horizon?

pe1erpe1eralmost 9 years ago
They clearly did love each other

I cannot agree with the derogatory comments that have been made. If you really love someone, then whatever they do you will continue to love them! Both the main characters did truly love each other, and in time recognised that they were better together than apart, in spite of what had gone before.

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
Purgatory ? It was more like a self made Hell.

What's true love, but forgiveness.

If she was stupid in her presumptions & actions,he was nothing more than a dumb idiot with an ego bigger than the Milky Way.

What a waste of a decade of life. Its a pity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
My second time through.

Or is it the third? Each time wonderful, as always with Kezza, the master of this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Mindless and cowardly writ. As is norm with the Pommys !!

Boring and talentless. 1* !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
exciting and fun to read Annony has no idea what a good story is

This writer is fun to read and enjoy. gave it a 5, and say fuck you dear annony you asshole

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
got to laugh

At some of the comments.

You can almost see them frothing at the mouth while they try to think of the worst possible insults to throw at the english.

i have known a few englishmen in my life and they would laugh very much at these comments.

funny thing is that not one of the people who write those types of comments would ever dare to say it to the face of an actual english man and if they did they would really not like the outcome.

As to the story, very entertaining.

5*

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 8 years ago
9 years?

He started in his twenties and didn't have anyone for 9 years? I can understand a few years, but if he was such an A type personality I myself cannot see a nine year highatus. Then she sees someone else who set her straight after eighteen months and then she suddenly accepted this third parties view? She loved him so much that she didn't say a word to him for that amount of time? She finally gets with him and just walks out because he is a bit peeved at her actions? They both needed mental health assistance! She loves him so much that she leaves him for another seven plus years and now she wants his babies? She could not have loved him. To just walk out without a word and no contact, he refuses to push her into a meeting if for no other reason than to find out why she left? And after almost a decade, he never found someone else, and neither did she but he is willing to have a baby with her? She is a narsasistic self centered person if ever there was one. I am all for a good romance, and a real reconciliation but, this one takes the cake. If she loved him she would be on blended knee begging him to take her back, and get her family to apologize to him for all the insults and defamation of his character.

Since this is fiction it was a decent piece, but had to give it a four. What happens the next time when someone tells her he is sexually abusing farm animals, will she jump ship on him at the same time again with no proof and no communication? She is the definition of nuts. But, then again this is just a fairytale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You write well 5*

Ignore the angry prejudiced anons, they are pathetic. I think there were a few holes in the plot but so what, it was an enjoyable story. I find it strange that many poor American writers are not crticised for their grammar or lack of literary talent but as soon as a Brit writes something using good prose they call them talent-less. Strange, I wonder why that is.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I laugh

at all the commentors who defend you. Not because they're defending you, but they say its all because you're British.

Always gotta make it a racial thing for some reason......

(another reason why I hate how Lit made a separate category for interracial)

Personally, I think those haters are definitely just in the wrong category (horny BDSM fuckers.....grrrrr)

On a positive note, I think I felt reader heartache multiple times throughout the story. Overall, 5* easy decision.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Absurd

Deep into fantasy territory. These two make the most stupid couple in history.

Rhsc1Rhsc1over 8 years ago
Great Story

Second read just as good as the first...but...ten years?? I would think four would be a stretch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Laughable Characters

The premise was very interesting. Then I got to the point where the reason of her leaving him was revealed and then I was like being punched so hard. Wth were you thinking this is so absurd! And to think the female character was described as someone having an intelligence, she clearly showed she had a bean for a brain. Well, husband isn't the sharpest tool out there too. And to make matters worst, the author made them both saints. 9 years without being with someone intimately is laughable. Honestly, they were both healthy adults. I could understand few years without having sex but 9 yrs, really??? Laughable. Please make your stories close to reality, you've been hanging out in your dreamland for too long.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
THE OLD WAYS ARE STILL THE VERY BEST ONES

but you must learn to live with them, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It's a 5...

when at the end of the story I have a smile on my face. I am an erotic romance junky and you consistently satisfy my addiction. It is my hope that you are as addicted to writing them as I am to reading them. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Blah! Blah! Blah!

Divorce is just that, DIVORCE. She put him through Hell. No way should he of taken her back..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

This has to be the most MORONIC thing I've ever read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good Story

Anonymous 2/29/2016, really HarryinVA, when are you going to stop acting like a child by giving shit reviews behind anonymous name!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Divorce is an effective way to end a toxic relationship, . . .

but a stupid way to punish a mistake. Marriage is about make the best of a partnership that is better than any alternative partnership, or no partnership. If Tim or Jas had found suitable partners after their divorce then it would make sense that they never hook up again. But after nine years, still preferring each over all others, why not reconnect? As punishment? Who is really being punished? We can fault Tim for not finding a smarter more mature woman, but how can we ignore that many people are smarter today than they were yesterday. Jas and Tim are now older and wiser, and still prefer each other. It was a reasonable ending, and a romantic one.

Thank you for your time and effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
one thought

Writing a story, anything really, takes much more than a way with words. Writing requires a supreme effort, discipline, and dedication. Then there is the conversation with one's self that convinces the author to share those words. Most people do not have such confidence or strength to not be crushed by criticisms.

I do not like every story on this site. I abhor cheaters and their rationalizations. So I hate the resolutions of some authors.

HOWEVER I APPLAUD THEIR EFFORTS AND COURAGE.

PERSONAL ATTACKS FROM ANONS ARE MORE REPUGNANT THAN THE CHARACTERS IN SOME STORIES WHO DERIVE PLEASURE FROM HUMILIATING THEIR SPOUSES

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Bizarre but fun to read.

I didn't really like either one.

She was incredibly stupid and he was extremely slow in the matter of his heart.

Fun read though I find it strange to be separated for over 10 years and not have sex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Stupid, Stupid, Stupidpp.

Reading some of negative comments all I can say is Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

When I imagine those people that didn't like your story I see "sad lonely people sitting in a room with no windows stroking themselves while crying. Crying because they can't figure out why they are by themselves."

Because you're Stupid with no common sense or feelings.

This story was made up, your reaction to a made up story is Stupid without any feelings.

If you have a mate, your mate must also be lonely and wondering what the hell was I thinking to be fooled by you knowing that their mate is a heartless Stupid person. With just a little planning they will strip you of everything you have.

The one thing they won't take because you don't have any is your pride and feelings. Because you have neither!

Sorry for the rant I get tired of stupid people, particularly when there is no reason to be cruel!

Easy Five Star rating!

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmover 7 years ago
Pain?

Reading the comments here I have come to a conclusion. Not one of you knows what true pain is. Separated from my blood family at age 5, molested from age 2 to 12, beaten to within an inch of my life, I found purgatory. No one touched me, not even a handshake for the next 12 years, to wotking 90 hours a week for 12 years. Try that for pain, and then tell me you wouldnt wait 10 years for the love of your life, and anger to mellow? Try the reality, this story was one hell of an excellent story. I cried as it reminded me of all that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a unique representation of what can happen

when people don't talk to each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Should of Stayed Divorced

Tim should not of gotten back with Jas. She wouldn't listen to him or even discussed anything with him.she just walked away and filed for divorce.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago
Contrived

The wife was a gigantic idiot for acting on such flimsy evidence, Tim an even bigger one for taking her back after so much hurt.

Not to mention too many Contrived elements to make this an enjoyable tale.

After two years he should gotten over some of the hurt, and at least started dating again, if for no other reason than to get laid.

Anything else just comes across as melodramatic, and makes him seem like a wimp.

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 7 years ago
Fool That He Is

Stayed DIVORCED you fool. More heart break to come. She left because she can't trust you or any man for that matter. She must of had her heart broken earlier in life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I gave up by page 4, incredibly boring.

Rickman48Rickman48about 7 years ago
Marriage

Is about what you forgive, not what your rights are. I'm going to say this hit home for a number of personal reasons I'm not at liberty to share but I thought it was incredibly well done. Thank you!

Rick

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
11 Years Wasted!

As lovely as the ending,with their reconciliation,I can't get past how stubborn/ foolish these two were to waste 11 prime years of their lives.

Maybe the Bard thought that "All's well that ends well." BUT,regret for time wasted will temper that for these two!

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
I HAVE TO AGREE THEY WASTED ALL THOSE YEARS

Sad really we burying our hearts in misery! Why you never had them in counseling and who bloody rang her? SAD Really ★★★★☆WOOF

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
good writing

but i have to say sorry, nfw she just leaves. no face to face, nadda. sorry divorce ends that. find a better wife not a damage case . still up to the baby deal it was good

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 6 years ago
I’m confused...

The intro says that these characters are English, but from the inhuman way they act and speak, I’d have guessed they were aliens.

norcal62norcal62over 6 years ago
LW always good to show British culture. Not especially good British culture.

Starting off with the "steaming mug of tea," announces where we are. And then, the interaction, or lack of, between spouses, further illustrates the problems of people intelligently dealing with one another. Ruttweiler has a good insight on this. I still, after years of LW stories, can't understand why Brit couples don't talk to each other.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
First read this yarn three years ago

It is a sad tale of wasted years because of one spouse failure to communicate with the other spouse. In addition the aggrieved spouse after finding out what happened couldn’t get control of his bruised ego. As I said, a sad story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Garbage

This story is a collection of garbage; it wasn't worth reading all of it so I skipped to the end to give it its "1" star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
1* Horrible plot and dialogue

Wimpy whiney husband with a moronic wife.

Typical wimp Euto writer. The real Euro men are in Russia.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Stupid plot

lame dialogues, poor resolution.

So the wife makes the mistake of a lifetime and when she discovers all about it she still feels entitled. She should be on her knees begging him to forgive her, She should be licking his shoes and asking for a second chance. None of this happened.

When he lashed her out, she stood up to leave. She's an entitled bitch.

You didnt portray a man in love, you portrayed a wimp. Maybe you look inside your soul to write him?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Predictable but nice anyway!

Let the blowhards belch and fizz. It is an old story. Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets her back again. What you did to make it come alive was to throw in some pretty twisty bits so we had moments of doubt along the way. Then you brought it all home and we get a happy ending.

I hope your unforgiving complainers grow up some day and stop feeling so self-righteous.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This is why SAHMs shouldn't try to write about workplaces, as people don't accept working for, or with, people who are trying to manipulate them, or push their noses deep into your personal business, if they can just walk across the street. So very, very retarded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Too long

This would have made more sense to me if only a couple of years’ passed, but 9 years?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
to chief

His bruised ego???!! seriously this character left without even checking into if he was cheating or not. No confronting him face to face. No investigating or discussion she just left. And you toss it all at the man's feet. IF this was a real event and it was you wi wonder how your ass would feel? by the way did you like cleaning my cum out of your wife's cunt after i fucked her you pathetic simp

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
???

You couldn't beg me to take her back. NEVER. She thru it all away for absolutely nothing. She doesn't deserve forgiveness, but even if forgiven never take her back...

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous