A Timeless Display

Story Info
Couple hired to get items but what's really being collected?
5.6k words
4.28
9.8k
15

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 04/24/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sometimes these parties are fun, but to be honest most of them are more than a little bit strange, Ethan," Natalie complained to her husband of a few months.

"Yes, well we do need to attend, you know we do meet new clients this way," Ethan responded to his younger spouse. "Who knows, this collection of timepieces was really quite a find."

Married a few months, the pair had established a successful import business where they located and delivered specific, if not odd, objects for their clients. Ethan, 9 years older than his bride, was a successful detective of items through art dealers, auction houses and the like, while Natalie, the former fitness model and instagram star, now retired, had a talent for developing business systems. She successfully created an app for the business that linked the business with people who were in possession of interesting things to sell or looking for such items. The app was also a gateway to connect those who have interesting things to sell with people who are in search of interesting things, with the couple collecting a finder's fee.

"Yeah, Ethan, I don't really understand people's obsession with things sometimes, but I hope this party isn't as weird as the last one, all those eyes...." Natalie stated matter of factly, noting that the last party was for a collector of taxidermied animals. "That was creepy."

"Yes," Ethan laughed. "But who knew taxidermied animals would be one of our best finds, and among our most lucrative."

Natalie shivered as they discussed that party, just as the married couple pulled up to the address they had sent the exotic timepieces to their latest client- one they had only met through emails and text messages and the collector's secretary was the only person they ever actually spoke with during the acquisition of the items. Through the black wrought iron gates the couple went, then up the long circular driveway and up to the front of what looked more like a 5-star hotel than a home, the home of Jordan Archibald, the collector who assigned them to find the timepieces from all over the world.

"Well let's see how eclectic Jordan Archibald is then," Ethan said as the car slowed to a stop as an army of formally dressed men and women in tight black and white uniforms approached the car. "Well it seems there is quite the full staff for this event, Nat."

Once the car pulled to a stop, men with perfectly fitted and pressed uniforms opened the doors for Ethan and Natalie, who exited the car and were escorted to the main foyer of the house where the guest list was to check in with security. Once at the check in desk, they were greeted by a pair of women also in perfectly fitted uniforms- black skirts, black hose, black heeled shoes, a form fitting white long sleeve top and a fitted black pocketed vest. Behind them stood more men, wearing the male version of the uniform- tight black slacks and shoes, a collared white shirt and pocketed vest- all form fitting and perfectly tailored.

"Look at how the help is dressed, Nat," Ethan said quietly as they approached the main area to check in.

"Yeah, every article of clothing is perfectly tailored for each staff member, it's very expensive and a nice touch," Natalie replied. "Getting everything tailored is bad enough, but for a work crew this size is impressive."

"Well I guess women would know," Ethan countered, inadvertently referring to his wife's prior career as a fitness model and instagram influencer, a life which she willingly gave up happily to be with the first man who didn't just see her as an object for her physical beauty.

It was a career and life unknown to Ethan- one she never talked about with her husband. Natalie's past in some areas was a blank to Ethan, and that was by design by the beautiful young wife who valued that her husband never saw her as only a physically beautiful woman, but as an incredibly intelligent partner. While he wondered how she was so savvy in social media and how she was able to infuse a reasonably large amount of money into the business, husband Ethan Davison had no idea that his younger wife Natalie was at one time the 'it' girl of instagram.

"But that isn't what I was talking about. Accessories, Nat..." Ethan observed.

Natalie looked at the staff and realized what her husband was discussing. Each male staff member had a pocket watch and chain attached to the vest, the timepiece in the pocket, all done in silver. All the women had dangle earrings, nearly reaching their shoulders, the earrings were silver chains with a mini pocket watch dangling below.

"Another job, another party, another theme," Natalie replied. "That's quite an expense to have made from scratch."

"Hello, welcome to the Archibald Estate, your names please?" the perky blonde with her hair pulled back in a ponytail asked, her silver earrings shining under the center foyer chandelier.

"Ethan and Natalie Davison," Ethan offered.

"Ah yes, wonderful, thank you both," the girl, who's name tag read Ashley, replied. "Mr. Davison, your presence is requested in the conference room, potential clients requiring your services. Mrs. Davison, you will be escorted for a preview of the central display for approval."

Before either of them knew what happened, Ethan was being escorted in one direction by a pair of lovely ladies, a brunette and blonde, each wearing the perfectly tailored uniform that looked sharp yet sexy, with the requisite silver dangle pocket watch earrings. Natalie was greeted by a third woman, who appeared about the same age as Natalie, also wearing the perfectly tailored outfit but with her dangle pocket watch earrings of silver being slightly larger than the rest of the staff.

"Wonderful to meet you, Mrs. Davison," the pretty redhead offered as she extended her hand. "I'm Britt Bolton, we have spoken by phone and through email."

"Oh, yes, of course, It is lovely to meet you, Ms. Bolton," Natalie replied. "I hope everything went well with the items and nothing was damaged in shipment."

"Call me Britt, Mrs. Davison," the woman leading Natalie by the arm responded. "Yes, everything arrived in perfect condition, everyone wanted you to be the first to see it since you did such a great job in finding these items and getting them here."

"Call me Natalie, Britt," Natalie answered. "But why just me, why not Ethan too?"

"Well, we have a few people here today who desperately want your company's services, so it was decided that your husband should handle those things before the official reveal," Britt offered. "We have some VERY pushy and wealthy people who are very impressed and literally hate waiting, Natalie. I hope you understand. But we wanted you to see the display before it was officially revealed."

"Oh yes well of course, thank you for the business and the explanation," Natalie replied. "I'm flattered."

Britt led Natalie up the stairway to a large room with curtains cordoning off sections, and most of the lights were turned off. Natalie was ushered to a comfortable looking chair, and was handed a glass of champagne poured by Britt, who also took a glass for herself.

"To a job well done," Britt said, clinking her glass with Natalie's. Britt set her glass down before taking a drink, saying "I will need to get things started for your preview, Natalie."

"Thank you, Britt," Natalie said, thinking this was just one more eclectic event.

Natalie found herself alone, sitting and sipping her drink as she waited, presumably to view the items she and her husband had procured from various sources for the event host Jordan Archibald. As she sat in the semi darkened room and sipped her drink, she began to feel the effects, feeling slightly lightheaded and a bit dizzy.

Britt soon returned with a statuesque brunette in a tight black, sleeveless, strapless dress and impossibly high red heels that matched her lipstick and fingernails. Her hazel eyes dazzled nearly as brightly as her smile behind her red lips as she entered the room where Natalie was seated.

"Natalie, this is Miss Jordan Archibald," Britt announced as the tall brunette held out her hand to Natalie as she tried to shake what she was feeling in her head and was beginning to rise to greet her wealthy, eclectic benefactor.

"Hello, Ms. Archibald," Natalie replied as she shakily stood and looked confusedly at her client.

"Hello Natalie, you were expecting an 82 year old man?" Jordan smiled and asked. "That is my father. Obviously I am not him."

"No, definitely not," Natalie replied in a soft voice as she looked up and down at the woman who owned the impressive estate and equally impressive collection of timepieces and even more impressive figure and clothes.

"Please, Natalie, a toast," Jordan said as she took the open bottle of champagne from the table and refilled the glass of champagne for her guest.

"To a wonderful collection, and the very pretty woman who secured it," Jordan said as she held her own spring water aloft. Natalie, feeling compelled, took a drink from her glass. "Britt, you may return to the foyer now. Natalie, finish your drink darling."

Jordan Archibald's assistant nodded, leaving the two women in the entry of the exhibit area as Natalie stood and finished her drink, then put her glass on the table, and put a hand to her head as Britt left.

"Feeling ok, Natalie?" Jordan asked as she held the arm of her companion and smiled.

Natalie just nodded her head up and down slightly, saying only "dizzy..."

"You must be tired from traveling," Jordan said more as a command than a statement. "Take my arm, Natalie."

Jordan held out her arm for Natalie, who latched on to it for support as her hostess grinned.

"There you go," Jordan said as she took her guest by the arm. "Come, Natalie, let's see this collection in person. Just the two of us, darling."

Jordan led Natalie,who was holding her other hand on her head to combat feeling dizzy, to the first exhibit in the room, a metronome with a spotlight shining to highlight its arm swing. In front of the metronome was a single comfortable chair facing the device directly beneath the spotlight.

"Sit here, Natalie," Jordan offered as she escorted her pretty guest to the front of the chair to sit down. "Very good, darling, focus on the metronome."

Natalie looked straight ahead at the device, as her hostess reached behind to wind it. The golden arm swung perfectly from side to side, an arrow looking device at the top of the swinging arm as it extended upward from the base.

"Focus on the center of the arrow, you can see a narrow opening in the golden arrow as it swings, Natalie." Jordan instructed. "Just watch that arrow as you listen, darling. As you watch the arm swing back and forth and listen, you will find yourself relaxing more deeply with each swing, with each click."

Natalie watched the arm swing in perfect sync from side to side, as her hand, which had been on her head, fell to her lap. In a mirror from behind the device, Jordan Archibald saw the eyes of her guest moving in perfect harmony with the arm of the metronome, causing a slight smile to crease her perfectly painted red lips as her guest began to slip into relaxation.

"This is the 1816 Johann Maelzel, the first of the portable metronomes ever produced, Natalie," Jordan offered as her guest continued to focus on the opening in the arrow of the top of the swinging arm. "You need to continue to maintain your focus on that opening in the arrow, Natalie, so you may relax more deeply, do you understand, darling?"

The dark blonde haired guest managed a feeble "yess...." in response.

"The thing with metronomes is they were invented to keep time for musicians," Jordan continued. "If you look and listen close enough this one keeps perfect time. You won't notice any difference in its timing."

Natalie continued to look at the opening in the arrow at the top of the arm of the metronome, eyes slowly moving from side to side as they followed the swing. Jordan Archibald smiled at what she saw in the mirror.

"Very good, Natalie, you are doing very well focusing on the opening and watching it as it swings perfectly from side to side," Jordan instructed. "Now you can focus on where your eyes move as you listen. At each click of the metronome you will find your eyes following the arrow as it swings to the opposite direction. Focus on the clicks and your eyes now, Natalie."

Click- eyes left

Click- eyes right

Click- eyes left

Click- eyes right

Click- eyes left

Click- eyes right

Jordan watched as Natalie stared at the opening in the arrow, her eyes moving in perfect sync with each click, and allowed her to continue that perfect movement of eyes to arm swing to sound in perfect cadence.

"That's wonderful, Natalie," Jordan praised. "Now when I snap my fingers you will close your eyes. Even closed, your eyes will be in perfect sync with the opening in the arrow, you will use the click of the metronome to stay in sync as your eyes will continue to follow the opening even when closed. And as you do you will sink even deeper into relaxation, won't you darling?"

"Yess..." the slow, shallow reply came from the former model, still intently focused on the metronome.

SNAP

Natalie's eyes shut, and in the mirror Jordan Archibald could see the movement of the eyes that her companion's eyes were following along in perfect synchronicity with the sound of the metronome. The host allowed her guest to continue her task and watched as she would continue to relax more deeply, her breathing rate slowing the longer she sat at the metronome. A wide smile formed as the statuesque host looked on at the deeply relaxed guest seated before her.

"Very good, Natalie," Jordan told her guest. "Now when I snap my fingers you will open your eyes and continue your relaxation as you continue to focus on the opening. You will sink deeper and deeper into relaxation as you watch the opening and listen to the clicks."

SNAP

Natalie's eyes opened and they were in perfect sync with the metronome's arm swing, even after being closed for some time.

"That's very good, Natalie, feeling yourself relax more deeply with each swing, with each click of the metronome," Jordan informed her guest.

Jordan Archibald enjoyed looking in the mirror as her beautiful former instagram influencer watched the metronome and sank deeper into a very relaxed state, her silicone enhanced breasts slowly rising and falling as her breathing became very slow and steady the deeper she relaxed. Natalie was allowed to deepen her relaxation as Jordan looked on before moving to the next phase.

"Natalie, the next time I snap my fingers, you will stop following the opening in the arrow with your eyes," Jordan told her guest. "You will close your eyes, and relax deeply and focus on the sound of my voice, feeling totally relaxed and focused on my voice, and the clicks of the metronome will continue to deepen your relaxation."

Natalie let out a "yess....." in a small voice as she continued to focus on the metronome.

SNAP

Natalie's eyes slowly closed, her chin rolled to her chest as her head rolled right as she entered a deep hypnotic trance. Jordan Archibald let out a satisfying breath and smiled like a Chesire cat.

"Now, Natalie, any time I show you a metronome, and say the words 'find the opening' you will follow the arm swing of the metronome and feel your mind and body begin to relax," Jordan instructed as she ended the metronome's arm swing. "As you follow the swing, each click and arm swing will relax you more and more. As you watch, when you hear me snap my fingers, your eyes will close and you will return to this wonderful state of deep and total relaxation, won't you darling?"

"Yess....." the hypnotized former model replied.

"Very good Natalie, you won't remember anything but looking at the beautiful metronome," the hostess added. "Awake at five."

"One."

"Two.

"Three."

"Four."

"Five."

SNAP

Slowly, Natalie awakened as she sat in the chair looking at the metronome. She took a deep breath as she tried to clear her head.

"Are you ok, Natalie?" Jordan asked from behind.

"Oh, ummmm yess," Natalie replied shakily.

"Beautiful, isn't it, Natalie?" Jordan asked, referring to the metronome.

"Oh.... yesss, very...." Natalie replied.

'It's even prettier when the arm swings," Jordan said as she wound the metronome to allow the arm to swing. "You just need to find the opening."

"Yes...." Natalie replied as she found herself looking at the arm of the metronome swinging side to side.

"Side to side, perfectly timed, pretty to see, relaxing to listen to, isn't that right Natalie?" Jordan pushed.

"Yess..." Natalie replied as she focused again on the metronome, while Jordan looked, pleased at what she was seeing from her special guest.

Jordan Archibald smiled as she watched Natalie in the mirror, eyes moving in perfect sync with the arm of the metronome, her body relaxing as her eyes went glassy and her face slackened. The hypnoteuse let the moments linger as the relaxation again was engulfing the pretty procurer of the very metronome that currently was deeply relaxing her.

FInally, Jordan Archibald, smiling widely, placed her right hand next to the right ear of her guest.

SNAP

Again the former model and instagram sensation's eyes closed as she ventured back into hypnosis again. Jordan gently moved the hair from the hypnotized Natalie's face and smiled.

"Natalie, when I count up to five and snap my fingers you will awaken again. Remembering again only viewing this relaxing metronome that you want to see again, isn't that right darling?" Jordan said expectantly.

"Yesss........" Natalie responded.

"Excellent, Natalie, awake at five for me," Jordan instructed.

"One."

"Two.

"Three."

"Four."

"Five."

SNAP

Natalie opened her eyes, trying to regain consciousness as rapidly as possible, but the metronome caught her attention again, being seated directly in front of it as its arm was still in motion, in that perfectly timed motion that Natalie was becoming accustomed to relaxing to. Jordan laughed inwardly, not wanting to interrupt the show in front of her as she noticed how Natalie had immediately focused on the moving arm of the metronome again, with no instruction to do so.

"Natale, find the opening," Jordan cooed in the pretty guest's ear.

Natalie's focus on the moving arm of the metronome increased, as did her progessive relaxation in mind and body as she sat and helplessly watched the arm swing her into that state of deepened relaxation.

SNAP

Jordan Archbald let out a small laugh as her guest again went deep into hypnosis.

"You are doing so wonderfully, adapting so well, Natalie, but we have other things to accomplish and things to see and learn before we join the others. Now when I count up to five, you will again awaken," the hypnotist began as she moved and turned off the metronome and stopped the arm swing. "Awake at five as I snap my fingers, remembering only looking at and discussing the beautiful relaxing metronome, is that clear darling?"

"Yesss....." the thrice hypnotized young beauty replied.

"One."

"Two.

"Three."

"Four."

"Five."

SNAP

For the third time, Natalie awakened after succumbing to the deep relaxation provided by the metronome she secured and delivered to Ms. Jordan Archibald.

"Well, what do you think?" Jordan said to a still awakening Natalie.

"It's....like nothing I've ever seen..... Relaxing...." Natalie replied.

"Come, Natalie we have our next display for you to see," Jordan said as she cued the guest to rise and take her arm to move to the next display. "Thank you, darling, I think you will love this display as well."

Jordan led her guest to the next display, and had Natalie sit in the chair facing the crisp white curtain hiding the display. As Natalie settled into the chair, the hostess turned on the overhead spotlight and removed the curtain, allowing her guest to see the display for the first time.

12