All Comments on 'A Town Without Honor Ch. 02'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 218 Comments (Page 2)
lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 7 years ago
If this story is going to be 6 chapters

I hope there is a lot more interaction between Beth and Arnold. This chapter read like a maritimes travelogue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story but...

please, please please! Don't make her try to commit suicide so he is forced to come back and forgive her. It would be a truly lame way to solve the situation. Beth trying to kill herself doesn't change anything. She is kind of getting her head out of her butt, I would like to know more about the reasons why she cheated, about her counseling, about what she is going to do to get him back (if you are heading to reconciliation as I suspect). If you are not then divorce them or get her killed, either way I don't care. I can understand why he is in a kind of a limbo, going round in circles, but you need to make him move forward in either way, otherwise the story is going to get repetitive and boring. Looking forward for the next chapter

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 7 years ago
Nice

Good chapter 2. Our betrayed hero is trying to figure out what his role in life will be. The entire clan who betrayed him are trying to manipulate him back, and he's resisting.

Keep up the good work. One thought, author, lose the name Honor and allow him to use his real name. That would show that he's not who he was. Changed by no fault of his own.

Five Stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Something is wrong"

Excellent point!

Even if they had a good sample, without HIM providing it, how do we know it came from him? They could have taken the sample from the real father! God knows it's not like their integrity is beyond question!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Maybe I'm in the minority but....."

Um, since EVERYONE knew about her cheating, didn't tell him and has a vested interest in his coming back, their opinions don't count for much!

Vincent0901Vincent0901over 7 years ago
Revenge

You stories are demanded and interesting because of distinct explanation of feelings of betrayed spouse. Its true that first Honor need to find his place in his life, but we all expect revenge on that 2 bastards.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Whackdoodle Re: “Good grief, no wonder she cheated”

“No wonder she cheated?” Oh, he was SO terrible, that’s why everybody, including HER, are begging him to come back. Or, maybe they’re all just greedy, which says a lot for THEIR honor!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@dc6730 Re: “Pride”

This story has NOTHING to do with "pride!" He has devoted his life to his company, town and family.

If he was a little too driven, there were other ways to address it than CHEATING on him! And EVERYONE knew and/or enabled it and kept it a secret from him!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Cry baby

Kind of getting tired of this cry baby. So she cheated act like a man and spend some time with your kids and go out and bang a slut or two. To leave the company you built in the hands of his cheating wife and his dishonest relative Fred is too much. I hope he crashes his bike and loses his nuts if he still has them!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Fred, Better Dead Than In Bed

Why the fuck is Fred skating? Wtf.

Honor has taken the slowest damn slide of any protag in memory. He slides another two millimeters per paragraph. It's the constant soliloquoying on his cheater-bitch wife. It has become tedious.

The world isn't what you want it to be. He sure lost a lot, though. But it is surprising that a writer of this skill level doesn't seem to understand that the Hubby needs to be a bit more manly. He is going into sissy territory with all of this puppy dogging and weeping with somebody else's grandmaw.

And come to think of it, what's with the lolling with mommy in bed and then getting himself two inches from a schnoogle on mom-in-laws nippies?

...this is getting weird.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I think honor is plenty manly, nony-mouse...

Hell, I caught my wife riding my best friend 22 years ago and immediately went for a ride.

Ain't been back yet, never will. Fuck 'em.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
It's hard to feel anything

When all of the characters come off so inconceivably stupid. Still, it's not as poorly written as it could've been, 3*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"You need to come back soon, Honor. For the kids. They're going to need you."

Anyone else get the feeling Beth just dropped a huge hint on Honer, a hint he hasn't yet clued in on?

Methink she'll be seeking absolution the only way she feels she has left.

Hopefully she won't succeed, or Honor will be a dead man walking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
ENOUGH OF THE COWARD HORSE SHIT

Fucken hell! PLEEEEEEEEEZE write that they get back together! Those kids are being punished (THAT'S REALLY SETS A GOOD EXAMPLE TO THE WEAK HUSBANDS IN REAL WORLD) TAKE BACK HIS WIFE, claim her) Everybody deserves a second chance! Also W.T.F. are you blaming the entire town for what she did? Haven't you heard of shooting the Messenger! PLEEEEEEEEEZE give this a good ending! Love you all! GREG. OH 90 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

ohioohioover 7 years ago
Glad this story is getting so much attention

because it's very powerful and engrossing. What Beth and the whole family did to Honor is so profoundly horrific, one can't help getting involved in the story.

If it were up to me, commenters would not rattle on about how the characters should or shouldn't do this or that--they're wimpy, they're indecisive, they're mean, they're selfish--instead, we should enjoy the story and let the author take it where it's meant to go.

But of course, it's not up to me.

Thanks again for a totally gripping story--

ohio

lonelypappalonelypappaover 7 years ago
WOW......GREAT STORY

please what a great story please continue with this story please....like everybody else i hope it turns out to a happy ending as with all your stories i have given a 5 . you are a excellent writer...thank you for your writings

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I had my doubt

but I am happy to be wrong. this is fantastic, so far.

Chohux_1Chohux_1over 7 years ago
Wow

This story is so good I feel sorry for the man also I'm gutted for the wife a lot of people make mistakes I just hope they can work through the there issues I know she fucked up but everyone should be given a second chance I just hope the can find themselves along the way p.s can't wait for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great writing but you are dragging his leaving to long

So we have Beth the great wife cheating with 2 kids and have sex with a workaholic husband 3 times per week . With no explanation why she even considered cheating . They had a god life except for his absence . A women probably in her right mind would never slip into this sick affair with a guy she disliked. We need her point of view. Now she is hated by everyone , so she has to be depressed and suicidale. How can she go to the business and function at all. Makes no sense.

user110user110over 7 years ago
jeeezus

i have come to the conclusion that cuckboy is a royal fucktard. whiny, self destructive, immature, he cant even see that he is the source of his own pain. nobody is doing anything to him, its his own self pity. what kind of self indulgent asswipe turns his back on his kids when he KNOWS his behavior is tearing them up? even his cheating whore wife stopped her slutty behavior when she found out she was hurting his feelings. how old is he, 16?

good writing, btw

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
IMO

His problem was that he never severed ties with the entire fucking town. Sorry, I would have left them nothing. If the kids meant so much, take them and go. Screw the ex like she screwed him. He wasn't working , he had the time to raise them. Leave the whole sorry lot behind.

smokepolesmokepoleover 7 years ago
running on...

The story is a bit long for the simple narrative it tries to tell. The biggest problem is the self indulgence the protagonist is deluded into portraying to the reader. i.e. this guy is too full of the "woe is me" and forgets about the "family" that is counting on HIM. The whole "running away" scenario is okay the first time he goes through it (for reasons of sanity etc), but you come back to the two little ones who did nothing wrong - even if they weren't his...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Honor is Pathetic

Honor, grow up. Life is tough. People make stupid mistakes. He made a biggy when she begged him not to go to China; why not take her with him. Be says he wanted to travel and see all tbese things with her, but I think he's a hypocrite; that's in addition to being a narcissist. The more you write to show how he has been wronged, the more you show him to be weak. Strong people understand the strength in forgiveness, the hard work of picking up pieces and rebuilding the relationship. No she's never going to be the 4 y.o. or the 14 y.o. or the 19 y.o. People constantly change, move 2 steps forward and 1 step back. This needs to be resolved positively with reconciliation, maturing, and demonstrating he does actually love his kids. So far I see no evidence. Anything else and you have a wasted story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
grow up seriously ,,,,?????

3/23 anon and the one before have to be women who cheated no other way anyone raised with morals spews that garbage. the wife character cheats with two people . virtually everyone covered it up and he should just go past and forget,bull as for thekids if they weren't his id be gone , if a guy did this he be an ass and shes a narcissistic slut , the mother and sister character are both garbage . in real life close or sellout get a divorce and find a lady not this trash

AyreGuardAyreGuardover 7 years ago
Damn you for writing my life.

I detest how you write so well, as I am jealous. I have even returned to college to earn my English Writing degree. That being said, you have written my life. It hurts. I know how it ends. I took her back after two years of separation. It was as forgotten as humanly possible her betrayal. The years apart disappeared. Life wasn't just good, it was awesome. Then we spent a day together with two of our children and she said I had become the perfect man. This was followed by her announcing she was leaving. The kids went to school and I went to work and she cleaned the house out leaving only the kids clothes in a pile in their rooms. She even stole the lightbulbs. I knew she had mental issues. The counselor told me that her mind was chaos and when you put her in a perfect situation, she can't stand it.

Don't just burn the couch. Please put her in counseling and if you reunite them, have them leave with no forwarding address.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
"The horns on that beast were huge"

Just not not as big as his.lets just hope that he doesn't go home to suck some cum from her cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
4*s

The excellence continues,lol. Gave you another 4*s.

I must say TTT , I believe you telegraphed the ending of this sad tale.

Thank you again.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Newfoundland place names

There's a joke here somewhere; you pass Heart's Content, Heart's Desire, and Heart's Delight, then a little further along there's Dildo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Such a sad story. His "Honor" is going to lead to a dead wife.

Honor has none. Honor is more than his own, he should be honoring his wife through sickness and in health. A man puts away his pride when he must, a man is Christ for his wife. She sinned. Okay, Christ did not yet he put away his pride and died on the cross for our sins. "Honor's" pride is going to get him a dead wife, and children who hate him. When Beth commits suicide for her "sin" Honor will have her blood on his hands, and believe me, his children will never forgive him for it. He might as well stay away because everyone in his family will hate him for the loose and he will deserve that hatred.

ChuckEPooChuckEPooover 7 years ago
Sad

I don't know how this melodrama can get any sadder. Painful read. At least divorce her and stop torturing everyone. She's young and they can move on. It started to ramble on a bit with the sight seeing but well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
well

I love the writing, the story is darn sad.

Are you setting it up for her to suicide?

Seems like it.

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

Beth is history, a one-time oops maybe, but this was weeks of adulatory, in their home/bed/couch.... Maybe hormone/postpartum, but ~2yrs later and no one ever saw Beth's personality change - nope she wanted an exciting dangerous adventure.

Beth/Fred/Dale never thought Honor would run or the consequences to his grief ?

No one in that town could think past their paycheck to realize what could happen - if ?

Honor needs new roots - I just hope he gets the kids as they are innocent victims in this train wreck. I'm hoping for Beth's suicide to give Honor a clean break, get the kids with no fight/courts, and leave all very guilty - they say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" well then let the town/family suffer this hell. (Honor is not making the children of these fools suffer - still paying their scholarships. The family fools, the more you give the more they expect!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story

What a wimp and selfish shit this man is.How could he do that to a four year old girl who loves him.Silly little man behaving like a spoilt brat.Well written but beginning to annoy me.I might give up here

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Honor is doing the right thing...

Look at all the stupid people blaming Honor for his wife's bad behavior. Wow. Even have the church nut showing everyone what little he knows about the Bible (Anony 3/24/17). Christ himself said in Matthew 19 that the only reason for divorce is Adultery (sexual immorality). Everyone seems to be forgetting that Honor is trying to bring his temper under control, he's not safe to be around right now - especially around his slut wife. She didn't make a "mistake". When you do something on-purpose, willingly and fully aware, it cannot be called a mistake. Having your family, your own Mother and Sister, enable Beth's cheating and hiding what was happening is more than enough to crush a man's spirit, whatever spirit survived his wife's betrayal.

Is Honor supposed to run back and do whatever he can to cheer up the slut? Doesn't he get any time to make himself better? Is it his job to cure the town's problems, his wife's problems, his Mother's problems, BEFORE he takes time to fix himself? I say he's earned a breather. If his slut wife decides to take her own life, it won't be his fault. She only wants things like they were before she got caught - he can't do that. He'll never be able to do that because everything has changed. If his wife can't deal with the issues while she's got her Mother, her Mother-in-law, and her sister-in-law, helping her day to day - to say nothing of the shrink she's seeing every week - then there's no way Honor can help her.

Great story TTT!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 7 years ago
@Anonymous 03/22/17 Re: ENOUGH

Why blame the entire town? Because the entire town KNEW about, didn't STOP it and didn't TELL him about it!

loveitdownunder1109loveitdownunder1109about 7 years ago
Honor

So many comments on his actions. Over the top ? His fault ? Forgive her ? Burn the bitch ?

It doesn't matter !! The story is just so well written, so gripping, exactly as it is. I always thought my favorite LW author was DanielQSteele1 (I hope that name is right). I may have to change my mind after this story. Thanks for doing it. 5 stars for sure, more if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Punk.

Running that first time I get. Fuck em, let then run shit. But running again? And leaving his kids while he's off playing tourist? He's turned into a pussy. Get a spine and a therapist and deal with shit. Raise your damn kids.

liz33ndliz33ndabout 7 years ago
very nicely written

I am getting into this big time, you are doing a great job writing. he is a bit twisted, but that is what keeps us reading, thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
RESPONSE TO "PUNK" COMMENT by Anonymous 03/31/17

Besides being an asshole, it's clear that what happened to this guy has never happened to you because, if it had, you'd be singing a far different tune. I was married to a cheating slut just like the one in this story. She was my life... she dreamed the accident that I was almost killed in the night before it happened... that's how close we were. Then... while I was recuperating from surgery, she just vanished.. not a word.. and not one of her family and friends would tell me shit about where she'd gone or why or even that they knew... which it turned out that the motherfucker did. I was so physically weak and barely able to stand and she'd just torn my heart out. TWO FUCKING MONTHS I was in limbo until she called to say that she was down in NJ at Ft. Monmouth. (I was stationed there for a year when I was in the Army) In my still weakened condition, I drove for nine hours to get there, only to find that she'd been shacking up with and fucking at least one soldier (probably ganging groups of them because she was staying with her slut girlfriend who'd moved down there. I didn't even know that they'd kept in touch.) She wanted to come home and Dumb Fuck me, I brought her back only to find out that she was talking to and invited the soldier she was shacked up with to come up and stay with her at her mother's house for two weeks while she left me again. She was oh, so mother fucking sorry, afterward, swore it'd never happen again... would do anything to make it up to me but she'd destroyed us. I told her that she was like soured milk to me and to stay away from me. Like the slut in this story, she hounded me for five fucking years until she finally gave up. I heard, even from her own sisters, that she was fucking guys right and left while she was swearing her everlasting love and devotion to me. It got to the point where I just laughed in her face when she said it. She finally realized that she killed us and that I had nothing but contempt for her.

Now, you self-assured, inexperienced anonymous asswipe... don't be shooting your mouth off until you know what the fuck you're talking about... because you sure the fuck don't. And since you were anonymous, I will be, too. Fuck you and your know-what's-best-for-the-rest-of-us Liberalism. That includes all your no-life-experieces-know-nothing, Politically Correct friends.

Me? I gave this chapter 3 stars because the dumb fuck should never speak to the slut again. I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire. Like me, maybe he'll see the light and totally write her off.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

He acted way too lovey dovey on the phone with the woman who betrayed him.

.

If he makes the mistake of taking her back, he should cut all connections to the family and force her to do the same.

His biggest mistake was probably not moving to another town straight away.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

He also seems too apologetic, something he has no reason to, if he feels any guilt for causing trouble it is wasted the bastards deserve it, except for the children caught in the middle, a natural consequence of divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
WTF

WTF typical American wimpy as cuck husband story. What a stupid ass hubby she knew he is kids father so she took hair from her lover n what u know 99% match. She's a liar .what make him she'll do it correctly. Get them tested yourself . WTF trust the cheating whore..

I read only two pages n know it's bad. Hate it..

1*

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
I apologize

for what you did.

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 7 years ago
great so far

so they didn't use the sample HE left for the dna test, interesting and suspicious.

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 7 years ago
although

i am leaning toward the opinion he needs to "shit or get off the pot"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Apologize?

If he apologizes one more time. It'll be my last installment.

I enjoy your stories, but for him to apologize for leaving her after what happened., there is no honor. For people to throw a guilt trip on him .... unbearable.

bcduffybcduffyabout 7 years ago
Prince Edward Island

I enjoy most of your stories but really enjoy this chapter of this story. I deals with your ride through the Maritimes in eastern Canada. I especially enjoy the read about Prince Edward Island and its many and beautiful world class golf courses. I am from Prince Edward Island and totally agree with you. It is one of the prettiest and best places in the world to live.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a Coward

To run off and leave his family. Especially his kids. He should of stuck it out and went to counseling....COWARD!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow

Totally breaking my heart, every bit of this story makes me feel so strongly. Well done.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 7 years ago
Re-Reading

DNA - It's been said before, but without proper chain of custody, the DNA test is worthless. I certainly wouldn't trust that Dear Old Mom didn't supply one of Fred's hairs! Awfully convenient that she "just happened" to throw away the sample that Honor gave her.

I can accept her not telling Honor, what I cannot accept is her aiding and abetting by watching the kids! Also, why doesn't she just go up to her and Fred and just slap BOTH of them across the face, tell Fred to get back to work and tell Beth to get back to her kids!

"We don't do it so they'll owe us. We do it because it's right." - And don't THEY have an obligation to do what's right?

Now Beth knows what it takes to run the company; it's not so easy to take time for your family when the buck stops with you!

"Uncle Dan gave me some grief before I explained things" - Explained what? What explanation was there for not getting rid of the couch and bed, especially when she then DID get rid of them!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
This is getting old

and boring.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Gee

I wonder where this is going. . authors just have to takepeople who wouldn't be cuckolds and rationalize until they are. Because they have no clue what true love combined with a spine works out too they have to RAAC.

When they get called out they paint heavier lipstick on the pig it is and botox the whole face of it.

Ramjet75Ramjet75almost 7 years ago
All these Anon wankers

Have NO CLUE what it is like to be totally destroyed by a love cheating on you.

I'm former military and came home to find the same thing, wife IN OUR BED with the neighbor. It crushes you, totally. I will never get over it.

So all you whiners get a clue: Cheating Destroys a family, FOREVER.

It took my son (he was 5 yrs old) 10 years to realize what actually happened. Much longer than that before he became close to me again.

You can never trust anyone involved or that even suspected and did not tell you.

Yes, this story takes it to the limit, the entire town is involved but that happens in small closely related towns. I have seen it in my hometown. Someone cheats and the whole town goes to hell until the cheater moves away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Honor is not making it easier on himself

By every day visiting places that he wanted to share with his wife before the affair. Every day is a reminder of what he lost, a slap in the face. That would drive most people insane.

I'm still not wishing for the RAAC. It took too long for Beth to finally apologize and show real remorse. And it seemed to only happen because Carol talked to her. The whole time she has been trying to shove it under the rug. Most of the time it is still about her and what she wants and needs.

Hopefully there is some progression in the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Honor? He's Not! Honorable That Is..

He's a friggin pussy. Can't face his demons and deal with them, let alone his kids. He has to shit or get off the pot and move on with his life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good grief

RAAC coming... I can see it on the horizon... No matter how bad Honor was treated or how selfish his wife and family are.

It took 3 weeks for her to apologize, and she only did it after her mother told her to do it.

Honor certainly is not giving himself a chance to move forward. Just about everything he has done since he found out has been driven by his feelings for her. Trips going to places he wanted to go with her, all of his preparations, talking with her or her mom.

People who think they should get back together have no idea how a spouse is supposed to treat the other. Beth didn't love Honor like a spouse should. She didn't think of him first and instead thought only of herself. She claims to love him, but she doesn't. At least not how a spouse should. Otherwise she would have never crossed the line and flirted seriously let alone slut around 40-50 times. It should destroy her thinking about doing something like that to a spouse she loved, causing that much pain. And yes, she did hurt him when she did it, he just didn't know it yet.

It's simple... She doesn't love him. Period. End of sentence. That is how she could cheat. No other reason. None.

UberlootsUberlootsover 6 years ago
Burn it all

I still don't get how he could take the paternity test seriously without seeing that it was his sample used. Fuck she could have used his cousin's hair for the test for all he knows.

Bo47Bo47almost 6 years ago
A much better title,

Picking a Scab. The wiffle waffle pussy. Why do I keep reading? Hope he grows a set.

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
Love the story

Im sorry but i really hooe this is not a reconciliation story. Beth doesnt deserve it. Honor however needs to find himself a girl. Sometimes the best revenge is a life well lived. While i dont want to see beth die or commit suicide, neither should she get the honir of being honors wife with her whoring around. Not onky did she screw those guys she flagrantly flirted and was affectionate in public with fred...no...no reconciliation imo. Maybe as friends sometime down the road but not as honors girl.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Am I the only one

Just glanced at the comments. Am I the only one who is sick and tired of poor despondent wimp husbands who can't seem to get their head straight? I do not care whether the cheater and husband reconcile, or separate forever, or anything in between. But, just give me a husband who goes on with life in a non-basket way,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

You're not the only one, anon. If I were the MC, I'd do what he did, but cut all contact with that town afterwards. The people in that small town are toxic. The family excuse is weak, so those people could suffer for all I care. I'd take the kids using the "wife is unstable" excuse in court. Just pack up my stuff, move somewhere far away with my kids and start again, maybe meet another woman.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

Rereading this, Honor is way too forgiving with all of them. I would have filed for divorce immediately, sold the business for whatever I could get for it, then never speak to anyone from that town again.

The sheer extent of Beth's betrayal and the way it was covered up by his family was totally unforgivable. Honor had plenty of money and was young enough to start over... every time he dragged himself back to that shithole of a town was like picking the scabs off a festering wound.

I wouldn't trust Beth's DNA test either. He shouldn't trust that lying whore further than he could throw her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why

Why Doesn't He just kill that town off .He has the Money and Brains to do so . Not One Person did the right thing .. I Know what it is like to be left out in the Dark By My So Called Friends .. But I got the last laugh when I Divorced Her Cheating Butt .. She was so sure I would Take her Back .. I Guess She got that one wrong ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF !

Why haven’t he thrown his ass cheating slut of a wife outta his life yet ? Just divorce the whore and try to take the kids and then leave that toxic town. He should man up and start a new life somewhere where his fucked-up family and relatives ain’t existing. He is just too wimpy ! Fucking disgusting

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wrong category

Literotica needs a "Travelogue" category for this story. It really doesn't have much else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Martyr

Another angel among regular people. Disappointing

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
More goodness!

Gotta think a suicide attempt is coming, and that will bring about the reconciliation.

I hold out little hope that that will not be the case, but hope springs eternal.

The author has done a wonderful job with this story to date, though Beth's character is still not colored in very well, nor is Fred's or Dale's.

A terrible romance so far. Feel bad for everyone, good and bad alike. Consequences of seeing only seeing right and wrong, black and white, and how a little grey can really throw things in the trash.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Boring

Who cares about the scenery where he is visiting? Its irrelevant to the plot.

Jack99Jack99about 4 years ago

@Gatsby1977 - If you strip out everything except plot (which would be less boring for you, I guess) then the stories would look like this:

There was a man whose mate cheated on him. He got revenge on her. It was bad. The end.

Unless it was a RAAC, and then it would look like this:

There was a man whose mate cheated on him. They split up, but got back together after working out their problems. The end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I'm trying to stay with this but....

why all the travelogue stuff, why do we need to know the history of Newfoundland etc etc. I'm afraid this is distracting from the main story, making it boring, strip all that stuff out we have wife cheated with best friend, husband goes nuts, story needs to either end it, or reconcile, all this angst and should I, shouldn't I is just boring, to be honest I don't really need a Ch 3 - lost all interest

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I kinda love how polarized and strongly worded the comments are. If I'm honest, I am not sure if this is going to be a soap opera kinda thing or what but damn, it has me hooked so I am going to the next chapter despite misgivings.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I totally get him needing to get away for a bit and I really did love the first part. Its become maudlin however and I have to feel that this dude needs to pull up his pants and be a father. That doesn't mean he needs to go back to the wife or see his mother or sister. He does however need to man up and be a dad. Kids come first no matter how much your heart is broken.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

No one would be such a pussy after finding his wife being double teamed in his own home.

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24over 3 years ago
To much

I am enjoying this turmoil to much, onward to whats next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Sounds like Beth was fortunate because Honor was almost a one man band, she didn't work and he worked crazy hours trying to cover his ass and make money. Now that he's GIVEN the business to her, she works many hours and it may be going down the tubes. She was "alone" when he worked his ass off and she became a slut. Shoulda burned the house with the 3 cheaters inside...

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

There no two sides to this story, the for whatever reasons turned into a cheating slut, not just one man but two at a time. No excuses. Honor loved and adored his wife and what he saw will be indelibly imprinted on his mind forever. Not sure he could ever reconnect with as long as they were together before he 'caught her' screwing around and enjoying it. Her behavior shows a definite flaw in her character, things like that don't change. Good story, even the second time around. Walk away and do the best you can with the the kids.

ZharKhanZharKhanabout 3 years ago

“You're wrong, Beth. When I burned the cars, I was seriously considering burning down the entire house, with the three cheaters in it.”

That’s exactly what he should have done!

Also, this bullshit about “I made a mistake” is infuriating. Salt instead of sugar is a mistake. She CHOSE to repeatedly betray him. So did everyone else. She should be dead, or crippled burned and ugly. Everyone else should lose everything they care about.

ZharKhanZharKhanabout 3 years ago

If he accepts that the children are his, he should take them and go. This story started with him as a Randian hero. He should found Honor’s Haven, and invite other good people to bring their families too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I hope he doesnt get back with her or live back in that town permanately. All thats left is he gets sole custody or get holidays with the kids while getting married to someone else in a different state.

bobareenobobareenoalmost 3 years ago

They seemed ripe for marriage counseling in this episode. The story calls for deep soul searching, which Honor seems unable to do, and BB seems like she's heading toward suicide, as opposed to dealing with her own foibles. Hoping the resolution ain't her death, no real catharsis in that.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago

Let Me Get This Straight

Some of you think that he should have burned the house down with all three inside? Really? Murder is really the answer for you? Since you are all so adamant about it I assume that you've been in this position and that's what you did. If not, you are full of shit and I'm calling you out on it. The Taliban and the rest of those twisted individuals are looking for recruits, you would fit right in. Just out of curiosity where where you on January 6? Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Anybody else thinking about how they knew each other when they were four and nine? She’s been idolizing him since childhood. He seemed to have a couple of relationships before theirs, but I don’t remember him mentioning her having a past in the first chapter when he was going over everything. I am very interested to hear her side of things, since it sounds like the thing with Fred wasn’t an emotional affair, just a physical one. You don’t end up with a dude you don’t like and his brother on a couch without some serious issues in your marriage. She tried to let him know that she wasn’t happy, only happy enough, and it sounds like she was too scared of his honor-bound personality (and idealized him since childhood) to have a real, open conversation him him. She absolutely should not have cheated, I’m not arguing that point. Still, there’s something more going on here, and the MC seems to be a bit more violent and unkind that we thought originally. Also, I’ve noticed that people tend to defend his business decisions as the town “expecting him to treat them like family when he was running a business”- but he also benefits from that family relationship. He went speeding through the town and got caught, but because he knew the officer and the officer knew he was struggling emotionally, he let the MC off the hook. That’s against the law, and the officer could get in trouble for that. The examples Peggy brought up about him being too harsh on his employees seem to imply that he expects this sort of relationship from the town, but doesn’t really return it, whether or not he realizes it. Not only that, but if I remember correctly, Beth only stopped working to work as a stay at home mom, which is a seriously draining and difficult job to do with a mostly absent husband and multiple children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Third time with this story. Too maudlin. And it was never find finished. Moving on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Man who abandons his kids, for his own selfish reasons, is not a father. He is merely a donor, and a wallet. This is not my definition of honour.

A man sucks it up and does his duty, he didn’t need to leave to create distance.

CD1929CD1929over 2 years ago

Enough is enough-Honor your a coward. You have children go home for them.

Such a drama queen

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Please don't turn Honor into a pathetic cuck. The end of this story is realistic. He wants nothing to do with the cheap slut who replaced his wife. Yeah, he should go home to kids but divorce is the only option.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why are the guy's in most of these stories such pussy's. This guy is the worst...He catches his wife being double teamed, he runs out without confrontation, he quits his own company, turning it over to his cheating wife and her lover, he goes goes on vacation with a burner phone but comes home to talk to his wife. Then he runs out on that and goes back on vacation, sending an iPad and doing a traveling everyday for the household. It's a well written story, but come on!.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This guy is a punk. He runs away instead of confronting his marriage problems, then buys a bike, goes on vacation and calls home daily to give updates on his vacation. His kids beg him to come home and he blows them off, gets on the bike and continues his tour. Either go home and wrap it up or fix things. Then, go off into the sunset. Don't be a coward.

fredbrownfredbrownabout 2 years ago

With all the comments from people that know exactly what he should have done then and what he should do now, I feel lonely because I don't know what in hell I would do, now or then. I know if I had my 45 Long Colt on me when I saw my wife with two men "in the act" they would be trying like hell to get out the window real sudden ......

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

At this point, I’m not sure what the outcome should be. If he ends up reconciling, then he’s a better man than I’ll ever be. It’s his choice either way, and he’s entitled to make the choice without judgement.

I too would choose to walk away rather than doing something in anger that can’t be undone. As far as the kids go, their pain is a direct consequence of their mother's selfish actions. She wasn’t thinking of them when she cheated, so she’s got no right to use them to manipulate him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cheated 100s of times!!

Don't pass spouse test CHEATING!

He isn't doing good either keeping mother-in-law and husband apart!

And getting wimpier and wimpier

CHUCK2468CHUCK2468almost 2 years ago

Can't finish this pro pathetic weak man story.

RAAC is coming a mile off. I'm glad this is just a story as no man or woman would be like this. You have a talent for writing crap stories that get high votes. Impressive. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Still a 4 but a mixed bag. A little weird with the very close physical proximity between him and his mother and him and Carol at some points.

As for the closing line from her I have a terrible feeling where this is going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love this tale. A story of love growing and blossoming, perhaps to wilt on the vine. We shall see. LP

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

how can women be so cruel? It's easy for them because they're women. I know that sounds harsh and stereotypical but in mycase its true. A 13 year marriage 2 daughters, a mother, a wife and a sister all gone because of a cheating wife. I can really emphthize with him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don’t understand

How are writers constantly coming up with emotionally and intellectually constipated characters in their stories?

Not ONE character is likeable. Besides feeling bad that Honor got shit on, he’s as much of a prick as everyone else. His mom, wife, sister, uncle, cousins…even his mother-in-law (initially, anyway) were garbage

His kids, father-in-law and his partially redeemed mother-in-law were the only non-shitty people here

Honor is an uppity prick with a martyr complex and despite leaving, is a hapless, spineless weakling who’s ridiculously polite to everyone he should hate, to the point of probably needing testing for being on the spectrum

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I can’t conceive of holding onto anger that long. The beginning showed how they met & how deep their love and feelings were, so I can kind of understand just how much he was hurt, but by the same token he has to remember that & realize how much he needs her back if he’s ever going to be whole again.

Bill S.

EvelZombieEvelZombieover 1 year ago

At this point he needs to divorce or go get some serious counseling. He's off galavanting around not really dealing with anything and leaving his kids there to Skype with for a bit here and there. Honor gets little sympathy at this point mainly because he can't man up and face his problems at this point

reggmoreggmoover 1 year ago

The story has turned into a one man, on going, vacation. Get on with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Call a town meeting.

“NOW all y’all are sorry. You want me to come back and fix it. Make it like it was. Well, it will NEVER be like it was. I’ll make a deal with you all. I’ll come back and save the town. But then I OWN the town, and everything and everyone in it. I’m your GodKing. You will wear my brand on your body. Your wives and daughters will warm my bed. Your husbands and sons will work in my factory. If a child goes off to college, they take what they learned and bring it back here, along with their mate so there will be new blood and another generation. My children will own your children. You refused to exercise agency and accountability, so I’m taking them away. You will have a comfortable and safe existence, but your lives are no longer yours, they are MINE!”

How many people would vote to be slaves instead of independent and self reliant?!? Based upon the political situation in the USA, I guess just over half would give up their liberty in favor of security, and then they would try to bully the rest into going along.

ZK

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES