A Treacherous Earthquake

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amazed, Gerardo replied.

"At this point in my life nothing scares me anymore, Rebecca. You can tell me anything. I will understand."

Rebecca continued.

"I am 30 years old, and I live in my mother's home. Ten years ago, I was with the wrong people. As a result, I went to jail for possession and trafficking of marijuana. I stayed almost a year. When I came out, I was three months pregnant. I went to live in my parents' house who supported me until my son was born. Two years later my dad died of a heart attack and my mother had to take over the business. In the house also lived my sister María who was divorced and had a son. María went to work in a shoe store, and I took care of the children and the house.

Rebecca made a long and uncomfortable pause that Gerardo had to interrupt.

"I have no problem with that Rebecca. Just because you were in jail and you have a child doesn't change my interest in you."

"You didn't understand me. I don't have a son; I had a son. In the past tense. My son Alberto died in the earthquake when the school he attended fell apart."

Gerardo was speechless. The shadow of the damn earthquake, again. With difficulty, he could barely say.

"Excuse me Rebecca, I'm very sorry."

Rebecca added.

"My son Alberto and my nephew Ernesto attended different and distant schools. In the morning I took them. First to my son, who could receive me from 7, and then to Ernesto, later. That day I left Alberto shortly after 7. When I took the bus to drop off Ernesto we were surprised by the earthquake. Nothing happened to us, but Armando's school collapsed, killing the 9 children who had already arrived. If the earthquake had been later, the dead would have been hundreds."

Gerardo remained silent, extremely embarrassed. He couldn't find the right words to continue the conversation.

"I don't know what to tell you, Rebeca, but what you've told me doesn't change my intentions with you at all."

And he added.

"I also carry a serious injury that the earthquake left me, but this is not the time to tell you about it."

After a long silence, Rebecca said.

"Well, I think it's time for us to go"

"If you let me, I would like to ask you one last question."

"Do it."

"What happened to your child's father?"

"My son's father was twice in jail. On the second occasion he died in an internal quarrel inside the prison."

After a pause, Rebecca finished:

"I lost all contact with these people. Some are still in jail, some are dead, and some have simply disappeared."

Gerardo had heard enough. He asked for the bill, and they left the restaurant. He felt uncomfortable and worried and had the feeling that this was the first and last date with Rebecca.

"Rebecca, I'd like to go with you to your home. We could go by taxi, if you like."

"No Gerardo, that's fine. If you want to ask me for the taxi, but I'm leaving alone. I hope you understand me."

"Very well, whatever you say."

Within 5 minutes a taxi stopped. Before approaching him, Rebecca turned and said:

"Thank you for the invitation, Gerardo. I hope it's not the last."

Gerardo breathed a sigh of relief. He would see her again.

On the way home, all kinds of ideas bounced around in his head. He couldn't put order. Before arriving, he entered a small tavern near his house, which at that time it looked deserted. He ordered a beer and began to clear his mind. It was clear that the first thing he had to do was close the chapter of his life with Mireya. The last thing he planned to do for her was to get her a prosthesis. He had already searched for information and had selected two orthopedic appliance stores where they offered various models of leg prostheses. That was what he had to focus on.

When he got home, he found neither Mireya nor his mother. He phoned the two orthopedic appliance stores he had selected, took some notes and made an appointment with one of them for the next day.

When Mireya and his mother returned, after having gone to buy groceries, Gerardo informed them.

"Tomorrow, we have an appointment at 10 o'clock in an orthopedic store to see prosthetic legs. It is a store with a wide choice of models."

"I don't think I need prostheses, I already got used to crutches very well."

"Nothing gets lost by seeing them and trying. If you can't adapt, you just don't use it. But I want you to have that option."

Not very convinced, the next day Mireya went with Gerardo to the orthopedic store.

Ten minutes upon arrival they were taken to a room where a technician, after asking them many questions, explained everything about the prostheses and their options. One of those options was a new model made of titanium and other plastic materials. It was sturdy, lightweight and versatile. Its price was high, but not the most expensive. They gave her one to watch. She couldn't put it on because the measurements were personalized. They were also shown other, more economical models of prostheses.

After 15 minutes Mireya decided on the first option. They passed her to a special enclosure where they took a mold from the stump. They weighed her, took pictures of her and took measurements of various parts of her body.

At the end they were informed that the prosthesis would be ready in a week. She was warned that the adaptation time could take up to two months, and that she would have to return frequently to give him the necessary follow-up. Because of her youth and strength, she was assured that her adaptation process could be much faster.

Gerardo and Mireya returned to home with more optimism, but for different reasons. Gerardo knew that the moral commitment to his wife was almost finished. Mireya, on the other hand, believed that the chances of a complete reconciliation had increased. She had her doubts, but she was mentally preparing for any scenario, including the alternative of having to share Gerardo with another woman. For now, she felt more confident, as her mobility was recovering remarkably. In addition, the prosthesis would help him in the aesthetic aspect, although she was aware that the wobbling would accompany her forever.

A week later Mireya took the first steps with her new leg. The stump fit perfectly to the prosthesis's fit. They had been given a manual with the precise indications of the rehabilitation exercises. Her crumbling left shoe finally found a place to work.

Meanwhile, Rebecca kept her meetings with Gerardo a complete secret. She didn't want to give her mother any more headaches. It had already made her spend many bitter moments with her past life, it was time to give her some peacefulness. If her relationship with Gerardo was regularized, then she would bring it to light. For now, he did not even want to leave her home, unless it was necessary. And coming home late was not a good idea.

It was the first time Rebecca had a normal partner or boyfriend. Their previous partners were, in one way or another, conflictive people of low social status. Gerardo was very different: polite, honest, kind, hardworking and, as if that were not enough, handsome. She was falling in love without the slightest doubt. The best proof of this was the fact that her old bitterness was being diluted in her memory. The exception was, perhaps, the loss of her child. She wasn't going to pass by this opportunity to rebuild her life because it was possibly her last.

After two months of seeing Gerardo, on a Wednesday, after breakfast, she told him.

"Gerardo, I would like you to take me to the cinema this afternoon, if you have some time."

Surprised by the invitation, Gerardo replied.

"Of course, just let me reschedule my visits today. Which cinema do you want to go to and what movie do you want to see?"

"To any and cinema with any film. What I need is to distract myself a little more."

"Great, let me check the billboards; now leaving we buy the newspaper to see them."

Already on the street, they bought a newspaper and checked the billboards. With some naivety, Gerardo proposed.

"Here in the Minerva cinema, the film 'Memories of Africa' is being shown which I have not been able to see. I have been told that it is very good film. What do you think?"

"Perfect, sounds good to me. What time does it start?"

"It starts at four o'clock, we have time to spare. I would like to go to the office to reschedule the visits I told you and arrange other questions. If you like I can see you at the entrance of the cinema shortly before 4. Do you know where the cinema is?"

"Yes, I once went. And I'm leaving because I also have something to do in the greengrocer."

With 15 minutes to go until four o'clock Gerardo was already at the entrance to the cinema and tickets in hand. At four o'clock Rebecca arrived looking more beautiful than ever. Her blouse's neckline was a little wider than she used to when she met Gerardo. Her makeup was sparse, but well applied. Her beautiful feet did not rest on the sandals that Gerardo liked so much, but she wore them in medium-heeled shoes. The weather, a bit rainy, was not for sandals. She also brought an overlapping coat in case the weather worsened.

As expected, inside the cinema they sat next to each other. Twenty minutes into the film, Rebeca took Gerardo's hand, which responded with a squeeze. Minutes later, Rebecca turned to him and kissed him on the mouth. Gerardo's reaction was immediate. He put his right arm on her shoulder, and with his left he took her from the back of her neck deepening that kiss as unexpected as it was longed for. Almost a minute the ecstasy lasted until Rebecca broke it. They stood still for the rest of the film without paying much attention to it. Shortly before the end, Rebeca approached Gerardo's ear to say: "I want you to take me to a hotel."

Gerardo's erection was unconcealable. He had to wait a few minutes after the film ended to get up and hug Rebecca.

Already on the street, Gerardo stopped a taxi and approached the driver with whom he exchanged a few words. Moments later, Gerardo called Rebecca to get on. After fifteen minutes the taxi stopped in front of the hotel Las Abejas. It was a modest hotel located on a beautiful avenue copiously strewn with ash trees. Gerardo went to the reception requesting a room. Very discreetly, the manager told him something and handed him a key.

Gerardo and Rebeca, without saying a word, held hands and went up to the third floor heading to the room. Once inside, Gerardo stood waiting for Rebecca's first move. Rebecca let go and went around the room as if she were looking for something. Gerardo didn't move. After two minutes Rebeca came over and stood in front of Gerardo.

"First and foremost, you must know that I think about you all day. We can't just remain friends."

Rebecca slowly took off her shirt; she then took off her bra showing off her firm, bulging breasts. She paused and took off her skirt; then she took off his pants and shoes.

Gerardo thought he was going crazy. Mesmerized by the sight, he approached and stroked Rebecca's breasts. He took off his shirt and hugged Rebecca kissing her passionately. He took her to the bed where he laid her down. He finished taking off his clothes and lay on them opening her legs. Although a day earlier he had had sex with Mireya, he felt her erection like that of a teenager with a week of sexual fasting. He came over to kiss her and told her.

"Certainly, we can no longer be just friends."

He continued to kiss her as he spread more her legs apart and housed his turgid member. Penetration was, at first, very slow. But Rebeca's vagina was too wet to stop. When he reached the bottom, he stopped. He kept kissing her on the face alternating with her breasts. Soon Rebeca's hips protested with movements up, down, and sideways. Rebeca demanded:

"Quick Gerardo, give me all please."

Gerardo lifted Rebecca's legs and put them on her shoulders, allowing a couple more centimeters of her penis to end up more at the bottom of her vagina. There were no more rituals, Gerardo's member came and went furiously covering the entire route.

A minute later a loud cry from Rebecca announced her climax. Gerardo stopped for a few seconds to enjoy Rebeca's recovery; then he continued with the frenzy of a teenager. Two more minutes and exploded, draining every drop from his testes.

Gerardo did not stop hugging Mireya at the end of the coupling. As the environment was a little cold, they covered themselves with the sheets while still hugging. Twenty minutes later Rebecca said.

"Gerardo, I would like to stay all day, but I must leave. I don't want to worry my mother being late."

"No problem, we can leave now."

Outside the hotel Rebeca asked.

"When will we see each other again?"

"If it were up to me, tomorrow."

"I would like too, but it is not possible. I think I'll be able to until next Wednesday, right here. Preferably in the morning." Rebeca added.

"No way, I will have a long wait but so be it. What do you think at 10 in the morning?

"All right, that's what we're at. I need you to give me a phone number for anything is needed."

"You can call me at Jorge's office number, as if you were going to place an order for merchandise."

Back home, Gerardo reflected on his sexual activity with Mireya, which were almost daily. If he continued having sex with Rebeca, sooner or later she would ask him about his sex life with Mireya. He could lie and tell her that he didn't even touch her anymore and she wouldn't notice, as long as he didn't fuck with Rebeca often. As for Mireya, who was already used to daily sex, he didn't have to tell her any explanations. It was clear that her sexual activity was determined by him, nobody else.

The issue of separation and divorce remained. If he wanted something more with Rebecca, he would have to divorce Mireya, there was no other choice. He had to consult a lawyer. He remembered, then, Antonio Zermeño, a former high school classmate. Antonio was a lawyer and they had sometimes seen each other living together in a friendly way. He recalled that he gave him his business card with the details of an office where he worked. Obviously, that card was lost, so he would have to check the phone book to locate it.

The next day, in the work office, he started looking for Antonio's phone. He soon found him and marked him immediately.

"Good morning, Antonio. It's me, Gerardo Urias."

"Hello Gerardo, what a miracle to know about you."

"I have a legal issue to deal with, I don't know if we can see each other to talk about it."

"Of course, you can come to the office and here we analyze it. What is it about?"

"I want to divorce."

"God Bless Me! I remember your marriage seemed perfect."

"Looks can be deceiving, Antonio. At least for a while."

"Well, look. I need you to bring me all your details and a copy of your marriage certificate. With that we are going to start the drafting of the lawsuit."

"Well, we're getting off on the wrong foot. All my documents were buried with the fall of the building where we lived. I do not have any copies of the records. Miraculously we are alive. I'll tell you later."

"Ah hey, I didn't know that one! Don't worry, we got another one. In which civil registration did you get married?"

"In the Iztapalapa Civil Register."

"Very well, let me see and then I'll talk to you to confirm the meeting. I don't handle divorces, but I'm going to channel the matter with the right person."

After giving him the office phone number, they said goodbye after checking other information.

Two days later, Antonio called Gerardo.

"Hello, Gerardo, I have news for you. I don't know if they are good or bad."

"What's up Antony. What is it about?"

"Civil Registry of the Iztapalapa building caught fire in the last year's earthquake. No record of any kind remained."

Surprised, Gerardo shouted.

"It couldn't be! What do not have backup files elsewhere?"

"Nope, that's not customary. The fact is that legally you are a single person, and so is your wife. You don't need to get divorced."

"Whoa, whoa! I never imagined this."

"I understand you don't have children"

"You are right, I have no children. Reason?"

"Because if you had them, your wife would have a choice. You could apply in a court for a recovery marriage certificate based on the fact of the Civil Registry crash. It would be a long and cumbersome procedure because an investigation would have to be carried out. In fact, you don't need to have children. If your wife insists on proving that you were, that procedure would also be an option. But if the divorce was going to be the default kind, there's no point in getting into that entanglement. You simply separate and are legally single; you never married."

After a brief silence, Gerardo pointed.

"I think that's good news then. I don't think Mireya wants to take things that far. So, we are going to leave it and we will see what happens."

"All right. Anything else you tell me. Either way, we must meet, there are a lot of other things to talk about."

After hanging up, a thought invaded Gerardo's head. 'The damn earthquake shattered my marriage, and the blessed earthquake gives me back my singleness. God is playing with me like the cat with the mouse.'

And yes, the stars were lining up in favor of Gerardo. Three weeks after seeing Rebeca, he received a call from Ricardo from Ciudad Juarez. Gerardo and Ricardo had not missed contact, and with some frequency they called each other. Ricardo was aware of everything that had happened since the earthquake, although without the details. What he knew well is that Gerardo had not missed interest in moving to Juárez, and that was precisely the reason for his call.

"Hello, Gerardo, how are you doing?"

"Well, Ricardo, I can't complain."

"Are you still interested in coming?"

"Yes, now more than ever."

"Very well, then I have news for you. An American company called Pacific Industrial Building (PIB), which is dedicated to the installation, operation and transfer of industrial buildings, is looking for bilingual engineers. This company works in various parts of the border line, especially in Juárez and El Paso. You can have the residence here in Juárez, since the operations center is here, but you would move as needed. The good thing is that the salary and benefits are high. Since I know you speak English very well, you would have no problem being hired immediately. You will interact with American technicians and participate in technical training programs for Mexican technical personnel. I think it's a very good opportunity."

Thrilled at, Gerardo answered.

"That looks very timely. It's decision time, and this fits me like a glove. I can go for a walk next week, what do you think?"

"Very well Gerardo, let me know when you come."

The time to turn the black page of his life had come. He was not going to miss the moment. Mireya had already recovered, his legal ties with her had vanished, his relationship with Rebeca felt increasingly strong, and now this opportunity to emigrate back to Ciudad Juárez appeared.

Rebecca was far from the sex bomb that Mireya was, but Gerardo enjoyed her orgasms immensely. He had already decreased the frequency of his sexual relations with Mireya to twice a week, but he was aware that this had to end as soon as possible. In fact, Mireya already suspected that something bad was going on, but she had no choice but to endure.

Ten months after the earthquake, after another passionate sex session with Rebeca, Gerardo decided to shake Mireya again.

Arriving home, after taking a bath and having dinner, and already alone in his room, he let go of the fateful phrase.

"Mireya, we need to talk."

Recalling her times as a 400m runner, feeling that she was in the end stretch, Mireya took a breath and answered.