A Trip to Remember

Story Info
A trip, An Affair, now in Love.
5.6k words
4.45
8k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I remember our first meeting; it was very uneventful, just like any other business meeting when you meet people for the first time. I was head of the Marketing/Sales team and June was the newly hired head of our Audio/Visual Group. The two groups work together preparing presentations for prospective clients. While the meeting was uneventful, my new colleague impressed me.

The day after that meeting I decided to stop by her office and personally introduce myself since we were definitely going to be partnered up on several of my upcoming presentations. June's office was no different than mine, her personal office was about 15' x 15' with an adjoining space for her direct staff. Entering through the staff door I was welcomed by all those I have been working with for years, always a fun situation for me.

After our very cordial greetings I asked if June was available; before anyone could answer I looked up and saw June standing in the doorway from her private office with a pleasant smile. I was right to have been impressed at our first meeting, but how could I have ever missed how incredibly beautiful she was.

I started the conversation out. "Hi again! We met yesterday at the ..."

June Interrupted. "No need to reintroduce yourself Mr. Stevens."

"I'm much more comfortable with Dave." I responded with a pleasant smile.

With that she politely gestured for me to follow her to her office. I sat down after she seated herself and our conversation picked up right where we finished yesterday. I was amazed at how easy it was for the two of us to speak with each other. We could have finished each other's sentences had we chosen to do so. Not only did I feel totally comfortable with our ability to put together award-winning presentations, but also I felt like I just met my new best friend.

June had done her homework well, she was aware of the first two Clients we were going to go after. She already had ideas put together from the Visual/Audio perspective and I was prepared to send over the outline of my objectives. Needless so say we were off and running with a great working relationship.

With everything going so smoothly, I thought for a brief moment that my past few years were behind me. I was just 29 years old and successful in my career, but personally I was still struggling with the tragic loss of my wife Becky. I had been on a business trip and came home to find Becky curled up on the sofa in great pain. Her shoulder was throbbing and the aspirin was doing no good at all. I dropped my bags, lifted her from the sofa and drove to the nearest Emergency Room.

We were told the shoulder seemed to be fine, but they needed to look deeper into some of the blood numbers they were seeing. It was a Wednesday and they thought she would be checked into the Hospital until Friday. Not being ready for this I was given a list of personal items to bring back to the Hospital the following evening. Top on Becky's list was fresh panties and a few bras!

That next morning was a bad day for me to decide the speed limits signs did not apply to me. After being pulled over I had to open the glove box and yes you guessed it, out popped several ladies panties and a few bras. No amount of blush will ever be able to describe the ensuing conversation with the Police Officer who was just doing his job. I was lucky that morning, I think he decided I already had too much to deal with and gave me a warning rather than a ticket.

Upon arriving at the Hospital that evening I was thoroughly exposed to even more embarrassment as Becky had shared my misfortune with the entire nursing staff! That was the last time I smiled and laughed with joy. When Friday arrived, the Doctor's came in to tell us a swollen Kidney, had caused a chain reaction resulting in a pinched nerve in Becky's shoulder.

By then we both were confused and dazed, but as they say, that was the good news. The rest of the conversation paralyzed both of us; Becky had Leukemia. No amount of tears and anguish can come close to describing what we felt. I spend the entire night in the room with Becky, the staff just left us alone except for a few nurses just doing their job.

For the last months of Becky's life her Mother had flown in from Indiana to be close. Each night either her Mother or I would stay in the room keeping her company and supplying comfort. It was my night when things went down hill for the last time. I had pulled my chair as close to her bed as I could and held her hand. The Nurses kept coming in as quietly as they could to make sure she was at ease, I finally nodded off while holding her hand.

The startling sound of one of the machines buzzing loudly rudely woke me, nurses came flying in, the machine went silent, my eyes still blurry could only make out flat lines on all the machines. One Nurse gently pulled my hand from Becky's and calmly, very gently explained to me the battle was over.

Everyone grieves in his or her own way. I choose to dive into my work and tried to ignore the pain; I became quite good at that. After a year or so the numbness started to fade and honestly when that happened my nights became a struggle. Another year past and things started to move forward. This whole time I never stopped wearing my Wedding ring.

That was about the time I was introduced to June. With our working relationship inspiring both of us we became a great team. We ended up making Wednesday our Lunch date at the Executive Cafeteria. We became much more comfortable on a personal basis than before.

I heard about George, her Husband. George was your basic Trust Fund baby who has never worked a day in his life. Early on while in College she became intrigued by the life style and driving around in fancy sports cars, eating out at nice Restaurants, going on incredible vacations at a moments notice. While June worked and thrived at her job, George was home or at the Country Club.

As time passed, one day out of the blue June decided during our Wednesday lunch date she would ask me about the ring I was still wearing; evidently her staff had told her about Becky when she first started. I explained to her I felt no lady would ever want to be wife number two, so it was just easier to keep the ring on.

Then one day we both were called into the highest of the Ivory Towers for a meeting. We were both a little nervous when I stopped by June's office to pick her up for the meeting. In the elevator June gently wrapped her fingers around my hand as we ascended. Once stopped, she politely let go as the doors opened.

Turned out our apprehensions were totally off base! We both had been promoted to Vice Presidents! Upon returning to our respective offices cheers went up, congratulations abounded, our work had been rewarded more than either of us ever expected. Needless to say a grand party was set for that coming Saturday night to celebrate in style!

When Saturday arrived I was excited, it had been years since I had done anything in public, let alone enjoy a social life with people I was close to. I arrived 10 minutes early as per my normal parentally ingrained tradition. Next to arrive just a moment after me was June. I tried my best to hide what my eyes were seeing, but my expression gave me away as it always does.

June came straight over, laughing in her beautiful way, and asked if I ever had seen a proper lady dressed to kill before! I honestly answered "no" to her query. Then I asked when would George be arriving? June smiled pleasantly and let me now that George was going out with his Golf buddies that night.

The evening was perfect, dinner was incredible, the company was such a pleasure to be around, and of course June and I could not stop being close to each other. We sat together at dinner and enjoyed the conversation with the entire group. After dessert, the curtains were parted and the dance band started to play a few rousing dance tunes.

I watched as most of the couples hit the dance floor and joy could be felt throughout the entire venue. When the first slow music was being introduced, June's eyes met mine at the same time; together we rose without a word being spoken. That walk to the dance floor made my heart pump, as it had not pulsed in years.

Once on the dance floor we turned to each other without hesitation. I moved my right hand around her tiny waist and gently placed it on the small of her back. June smiled in a way I have never seen before as she placed her left hand on my right shoulder. I raised and opened my left hand as June brought her delicate fingers of her right hand to my hand.

We never took that first uncomfortable step; our bodies instinctively knew what to do. June let me lead, and she followed every move perfectly. The world around us disappeared; we felt all alone as our bodies swayed in perfect rhythm, our eyes stayed fixed on each other and not a word was spoken. Soon June drew her head into my shoulder, bringing me comfort I had long ago forgotten. I felt her body gently mold to mine as we danced, out hands caressing each other's as the music continued.

When the song was over we held each other close for a moment longer than we should have. I doubt we would have ever let go at all if not for the next energized song taking over the dance floor. We could not resist this temptation to just let go and enjoy the moment. WOW what a dancer is all I could feel when I watched June start up. Inspired I joined in and together we made the same kind of magic we do when we are working together.

I think we put the others to shame in just two dances. What a wonder to feel so much pleasure after hiding in my own sorrow for so long. The next slow dance came and again we took to the dance floor. As we again held each other close June pulled her lips to my ear and whispered. "Is this really happening David? Is what I am feeling true? Something exists between us that is deeper than I have ever felt."

"Don't be afraid June, it is real. We need time to think everything through." Was all I could say at that moment. More importantly I was holding June in my arms, our bodies were again swaying perfectly to the beat of the music, our feet glided across the dance floor. The evening was perfect.

When I got home that night I set out to get ready for bed. After I had brushed my teeth and finished in the bathroom; I returned to my bed and on the nightstand I saw my phone lite up. I lifted the phone and read the text message.

Sleep well David. Tonight was just the start of our journey.

Somehow the days just started to blur together; I was happy again and everyone noticed I had finally let go of the cloud I had clung on to far to long. The problem of course is that I could not describe to anyone why my life seemed to have improved so much. June and I keep our professional faces on everyday at work. Even our phones calls to each other were clearly business sounding, except we had now created our own personal language.

Wednesday lunch dates became the highlight of the week. It was at one of our lunch dates that June brought to my attention that Kathy; her second in command was being taken off the Specter presentation and would not be traveling to Chicago with me. I raised my eyebrow and asked why the sudden change in players.

June sat quietly for a moment not answering. After a few sips of her diet coke, she quite firmly asked me to stop eating for a moment. She explained that a client of this magnitude needed the best players at the presentation; she would be taking Kathy's place. Once again my facial expression betrayed my emotions; which brought out that beautiful laugh I love so much in June.

"Seriously June, you and I are traveling to Chicago alone."

"Seriously David, we have been taking this slowly, maybe to slowly."

"Well June, we better make sure this is our best ever presentation in more ways than you can imagine."

Soon after that our lunch date ended, I had a certain feel in my step as we went back to work that day. My nightly text messages got deeper and deeper as the next two weeks worn on. I knew I had to be very careful in my responses, so I would send my very romantic messages back in the morning when I knew she was diving to work.

When our trip day came, George dropped June off at the Airport after I had already arrived. I was waiting near the ticket counter. After clearing that hurdle we went through security and made our way to the departure gate. What a strange feeling it was, I knew it was business, but I also knew we both wanted to find out where our relationship could go. The feelings were deep and we both felt the same way.

Traveling for business as a Vice President we both were booked first class, a rather nice benefit of the position. Even better, once we were seated it felt like we were going on a honeymoon together, yet we both knew the reality of her marriage situation. Just the same, we spoke to each other just like the first day in her office. Ever so freely, ever so calmly, and so much on the same page, only now we felt comfortable in finishing each other's sentence.

I noticed June kept looking over at my left hand rather frequently. But I decided to wait until she made an inquiry before I explained anything. I could see her smiling, then testing me, but I would not give in and offer any information. Finally with a gentle slap on my hand she demanded information once again letting out her laugh I so dearly love.

"I once told you June, I wore it because I truly believed no lady would ever want to be a second wife." I'm hoping with enough time and patience I will be proven wrong." That day was the first day I had taken off my wedding ring.

With that June leaned over and kissed my lips. Mind you that was not our first kiss. I have left off some important details on purpose. Let your mind wonder a bit, but I promise you those kisses have been controlled to a degree. We have not yet made love to each other.

June had made all the travel arrangements so I always kept going along with what she had planned with the aid of the travel department. My big surprise came we when were checking into the Hotel. June requested I just keep somewhat quiet, follow her lead, and keep my hand in my pocket. As she started to fill out the registration (remember this was back before Hotels had to ask to many questions), the Clerk asked Mrs. Stevens if she had any special requests.

I damn near lost it and worked hard to stuff my laughter as best I could! Here we were in Chicago, just trying to figure out where we were going, and June already has us staying in the Hotel as a married couple! The Bell Hop then escorted us to our suite in a very proper manner. After I tipped him and he closed the door behind himself June spoke up.

"What do you think David, a married woman does not check into a Hotel with a single man!"

That of course brought out warm laughter in both of us. As we started to open our suit cases reality set in quickly, I twisted around and brought June in close to me. My arms wrapped around her petite body and hers wrapped around mine. She pressed in close and our eyes gazed deeply into each other's.

"I love you June. I never believed I could ever feel this again. I know it may take more time, but I am willing to give you my heart."

"David, it may not take as much time as you think, I want you to have my heart also, I love you."

Our lips once again dove deeply into each other's. June pressed her tongue between my lips and I tasted her completely. Our bodies molded into one another as our passion built. This was the kiss that has you reading stories like this one; it was epic. We were so close to ripping off each other clothes I still wonder why it was so important to both of us that we wait until after we enjoyed our first real private dinner together.

Somehow we broke that kiss just in time, June handed me my toiletry bag and pointed towards the bathroom, a very impressive bathroom indeed. While June settled the rest of our clothes, I quickly showered and shaved one more time. A loud knock on the door was enough warning that I needed to finish with my robe on in the bedroom.

As I left the bathroom, a very casual June slid by making sure her outstretched finger glided over my robe. A sweet kiss ensued and voila the bathroom door was closed behind her. It kind of was like getting ready for a first date at that point. I was in the bedroom finishing drying off and dressing, while June was in the impressive bathroom preparing herself for the most important date of her life, in my mind anyway.

With June enjoying her private moment to primp to the max, I had time to order two glasses of a very fine Merlot, which arrived just as I heard the hair dryer start up. I was dressed in my finest grey suit with a silk tie patiently waiting for June to make her grand entrance before tasting any of the wine. I remembered back to the celebration dinner and how June made a spectacular entrance, "Dressed to Kill" as she put it! I just kept thinking what was going to appear tonight?

As the bathroom door started to quietly open, there was no question I could feel Mother Earth stop spinning on her axis. Spellbound I could not get a word out. The tiny little black dress form fitted to every curve on June's petite body. Her back was completely exposed, bare legs, sleek black heels just the perfect height to highlight her beautifully toned legs, light make-up that enhanced her beauty without over whelming her nature looks, what else can I say about her outfit. Maybe I should also mention the absence of one Wedding ring.

I walked over to her with our wine glasses as she gracefully twirled around showing me everything she had to offer. Her laughter completed everything perfectly as I grabbed her hand and gave her a glass. We peacefully toasted each other, kissed each other in a very sweet way and sipped our wine.

We held hands and drifted over to the window to pier out over the lights of Chicago. Quietly we stood together and sipped our wine, we were not in any rush to go anywhere. We wanted so badly to remember each and every moment we had together on this trip. I caressed her hand as I held it and for some reason I just blurted out something that was extremely important to me.

"For the record June, I want you to understand that having children together is a big part of what I want."

"Well David, that might take plenty of practice, but I think it is a solid goal for both of us to strive for." That was followed by her ever-pleasant laugh, the one that makes me melt.

By the time we were seated for dinner the evening had become the most memorable of my life. I was so happy again, I could feel love, and I could provide love. Dinner was enchanting, the staff made every detail a highlight all it's own. This was a quiet, very romantic place where you would look around on occasion and you could see other couples just enjoying the moment together, we were not alone.

As dinner was ending, the caresses we had been sharing under the table had started to peak our mutual arousal. Sweet kisses were adding additional flavor to the evening, there was no mystery to our plan. We were headed back to our suite with the intention of making love to each other.

I remember how nervous I was as we walked hand in hand down the hall to our suite. I was confident this was the right choice, but still, all those years of being alone, was I really ready to jump in completely knowing this was never intended to be a one night affair. My heart already belonged to June, I had no reservations, I opened the door and placed my hand on the small her of back to guide into our suite and our future.

When love is meant to be it is so amazing how deep you can kiss someone. Our tongues were locked in battle, our fingers were free to roam as we each desired. Removing June's dress was much more than sensual; it was done with the same ease we felt as we spoke to each other at our introduction so long ago.

12