A Very Shameful Punishment Ch. 46

Story Info
Kate pleases Annette, then disciplines Linda.
5.8k words
4.29
4.7k
1
0

Part 46 of the 55 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/18/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A Very Shameful Punishment Ch. 46

By Leslie Jones

[You can read this story without having read the previous chapters, although you might read Ch. 44, which contains a recap of earlier parts of this saga. After you've read it, you might wish to return to read earlier chapters as you will then have greater understanding of the characters. This story features severe disciplining and involves bodily functions. If you find this bothers you, please read no further. All characters are over 18. My thanks to Susan Greenway for her kind permission to use one of her characters.]

Eleanor and Kate rapidly became close friends. Because it was difficult for all kinds of reasons for Eleanor to visit the Corrections Service's Bachelor Officers' Quarters where Kate resided, Eleanor would invite her for lunch at the club where Eleanor had gotten used to entertaining for mostly business but also pleasure.

Occasionally, she would mention to her wife Annette, a general who was the Service's Chief of Staff, that she would like to invite Kate to dine with them. Although Annette was careful to make sure these invitations were always extended by Eleanor and that they didn't occur too frequently, she too liked Kate and enjoyed getting to see her in an informal setting.

She knew Kate would always be nervous in Annette's presence but decided that couldn't be changed so she might as well deal with the situation they were in. For her part, Kate felt that Eleanor had become a true friend and it didn't hurt matters that her wife was the top uniformed officer in the Service.

When Kate came to their apartment for dinner one evening, Eleanor absented herself to prepare the meal in the kitchen. Annette welcomed Kate and invited her to sit in the living room with her, pointing to a comfortable chair. Kate sat where Annette indicated and then Annette sat in a nearby seat.

"As long as we have a minute before dinner to ourselves," Annette began, "I'd like to fly an idea off you, my dear."

Kate was very pleased that GEN Annette was actually seeking her input on something, anything; she also told herself to think before she spoke.

"First, I'm not revisiting the business with then-PFC, now 1LT Helene," Annette said, as Kate felt herself forced to focus on not peeing her pants at the moment this once-sore subject was brought up.

"I have to select a successor to CPT Elaine at the remote camp she commanded," Annette told her, "after you so wisely chose Elaine to be your deputy. I'll get right to the point. I've heard good things about Helene, who became her deputy at the camp, owing her ascent in great part to your assisting her to reorient herself at your unit. Do you feel that Helene will confirm my impressions of her, despite her bad record that led Elaine to send her to your unit?"

"Thanks for asking me my view," Kate answered deliberately, "and you of course understand that this does make me nervous just because the last time her name came up proved to be a learning experience for me, but had its strains for me just the same, and that was due only to my own inexperience."

Annette knew that it hurt Kate to have to admit to this and she respected her even more for acknowledging it.

"I know how this must make you feel," Annette responded, "but I do need to get your take because if I make the wrong decision, it will help neither Helene nor the Service. You brought out her good qualities and she does have obvious talents that others lack."

"I'm quite certain that Helene would do a decent job as commandant of the camp," Kate ventured in a definite voice. "She does have good qualities, and one of them is that she picked up on what I was suggesting to her when Elaine sent her to my unit. We did send her back to Elaine's camp with a shining record at our unit and this enabled her to become Elaine's deputy when that slot opened. So, in sum, yes, I would recommend her highly based on what she has done with herself and her underlying abilities."

"Good," Annette replied. "I'm pleased you didn't hesitate in your decision. You have good sense, my dear, and I don't mean you were just trying to please me. I wouldn't demean you with that kind of thought. I truly appreciate your advice."

Kate smiled. "I'm pleased I could be of assistance, Ma'am. I remain in awe of your own ability to cut through the layers and deal with the key issue at hand."

"Thank you, dear," Annette answered with a grin. "And you needn't call me Ma'am when we're off duty here. I know it's hard to make these adjustments, believe me, but remember that I live with a civilian and am wed to her, so I do it every day."

"You have such a wonderful wife, if I may be so bold as to tell you what you already know," Kate said in a concerned tone. "I admire her immensely and value her friendship accordingly, Annette."

"You know how we met," Annette said with a very wide smile, "so if anything, that makes me recognize how difficult situations can lead to excellent results in a wide range of ways."

The dinner proceeded in a lighter mood. Eleanor teased Kate, who it turned out had a nice sharp sense of humor. This made Eleanor like her all the more, and Annette added that quality to the ones that were leading her to appreciate Kate all the more.

The next day, Annette had her adjutant contact CPT Elaine and escort her to Annette's office. Elaine walked in behind the adjutant, who announced her. Annette welcomed her with a hug and asked to sit down as the adjutant absented herself.

"First," Annette began, "allow me to congratulate you on becoming the deputy chief of the retraining unit. I hope you like it there and that you have found working with Kate to be to your liking."

"General," Elaine answered, "of course I had some trepidation about leaving a command where I was in charge and accepting a second-in-line position, but this is such an important unit that I'm pleased I immediately accepted. I had met Kate before so that made it all the easier. She's a dynamo and I'm glad I can help her based on my experiences."

"Elaine, you're one of the best people in our Service," Annette responded, "so I'm asking for your advice on filling your former role as camp commandant. You might not be all that surprised that I'm seriously considering your deputy, 1LT Helene."

"She will do a good job," Elaine answered. "She's smart and has many talents about which you are doubtless aware. She also was underperforming previously to such a degree that I needed to refer her to what is now my unit here. As you know, of course, she emerged from that blot on her copybook with flying colors."

"I'm worrying a bit about appearances," Annette confided. "You may or may not be entirely aware that Kate looked out for Helene when you sent her for retraining. But she gave her good advice that definitely worked for Helene. Still, it was a complex situation in which I'm not sure any course would have been perfect."

"How widely known was Kate's help to Helene?" Elaine asked.

"Probably very little," Annette replied. "Of course, Rachel sensed the possibility and Kate was very straightforward in keeping her in the loop. I'm not sure anyone else had real knowledge. In fact, it was Kate who ordered Helene's severe discipline, which was what impressed the cadre with Helene's willingness to reform. It also increased their regard for Kate since this was seen as a powerful imposition of discipline."

"I wouldn't hold this against Helene...or Kate, for that matter," Elaine proffered. "Helene behaved as a competent and imaginative commissioned officer should. She tried her luck with her classmate and recognized that the advice she received was well-conceived."

"Frankly," Annette emphasized, "I prefer someone who's clever and looks for ways to get the job done, whatever it may be. And yes, no one did anything wrong, plus there's really no appearance of misbehavior, either, because of the way it was managed. You've helped me move toward a resolution, and for that, you have my thanks." She smiled at Elaine.

"Can I be the one who tells Helene she'll get her captain's bars?" Elaine inquired with a grin.

"I think that's quite appropriate," Annette answered happily. "In fact, I'll have my adjutant prepare the paperwork now and you can make a trip out there to present the promotion and appointment to Helene. I'd also appreciate your informing Kate. You probably won't have to explain why it's coming from you."

Annette thought to herself that this would also allow Kate to conclude that any suspicion Annette harbored toward her because of the incident with Helene was over, or at least, fading.

Elaine secured a transport and travelled that afternoon to her old command. She had first informed Kate of what had transpired with Annette, emphasizing that Annette mostly wanted some accounting of how Helene had been performing since her retraining.

"I hope you don't think this is out of line, but since I'm working for you, I want you also to know that I perceived that Annette has dismissed any feelings she may have had about the whole business with Helene," Elaine said calmly. "She recognized, without my saying anything, that not only was there nothing at all inappropriate but that you were incredibly careful to avoid doing anything that would suggest favoritism.

"When Helene returned and I was able to install her as my deputy," Elaine continued, "I had her relate everything that she experienced during her retraining. She would only say that you gave her good advice and that she was smart enough to follow your suggestions."

Kate smiled. "I'm assuming you're happy that Helene is taking your place out there. She has had her bumps, but I'm pleased you seem to agree that she's good people and someone on whom we can rely."

"I hate to bring this up," Elaine now spoke with serious mien, "but we do have a problem here. I'm afraid SSG Linda has gotten into hot water again."

Kate's visage darkened. "Don't tell me she's gone off the wagon again," she snapped.

"She let one of the retrainees get to her," Elaine reported, "and then smacked her hard in front of the class Linda was conducting. The whole class was shaken, mainly because Linda lost control. She could have taken the woman's pants down and caned her, but hitting with hands or fists is a no-no."

"As well it should be," Kate chimed in. "I don't want to be precipitous, and I like Linda. I'm not so sure she likes me, and it doesn't matter, because now she can really have a reason to dislike me. This requires a public punishment."

Elaine was surprised at the vehemence of Kate's response but knew that the young unit chief was reacting appropriately.

"I totally agree that that is not only proper but necessary," Elaine ventured. "The cadre as well as the retrainee class need to know that this kind of behavior won't be tolerated."

"Would you go over with Grace how the notice needs to be put together?" Kate said, referring to her civilian secretary, Grace Benson. "And get Wendy up here for me to see now."

Elaine was pleased with Kate's decisiveness in a situation where that was critical. She saluted her boss and left to brief Grace and bring Wendy up to Kate's office. She knew well enough that she needed to allow Kate to tell Wendy what was going to happen and assumed that Wendy would be the appointed disciplinarian. She also wondered whether this might be the end of Linda's career, certainly in the unit and possibly in the Service.

She found the First Sergeant in her office and quickly asked her to go with her to Kate's office.

"Am I in trouble, Captain?" she asked Elaine. "She normally comes by herself to fill me in on stuff."

"I can tell you that you definitely are not in any trouble," Elaine replied with care. "But you are likely to be asked to manage an unpleasant situation."

Wendy's well-organized mind reflected on recent events in the unit. It didn't take her long to recall Linda's slapping incident. She decided not to press Elaine because it would only annoy the chief's deputy but would not please Kate if and when she heard of it, which Wendy knew she would.

Wendy was ushered into Kate's now spacious office and found the sandy blonde-haired unit commander seated behind the large desk. Kate motioned to her to sit and motioned Elaine to stay and sit, too. Kate managed to conclude her phone conversation quickly.

"I'll get to the point, First Sergeant," she began briskly. "I've been briefed about the incident with SSG Linda. I assume this will be in your weekly report but I'm intending to take immediate action."

"Yes, Ma'am," Wendy responded, "it definitely will be included in the report and detailed in full. May I suggest a course of action?"

"Yes, First Sergeant," Kate replied, maintaining the formal address mainly because Elaine was present.

"I think we all like SSG Linda despite her short fuse and unfortunate record of behavioral missteps," Wendy stated. "But it's time for definitive response. She's been given several chances and there's just no excuse for what she did. The Service expects that this will be dealt with as it should be, and I suggest that that means public punishment. More precisely, I mean her being disciplined before both the cadre and the retraining class."

"I'm pleased that you have suggested what you have," Kate now responded, "even though I also have a regard for Linda and owe some of my success to her assistance. I will schedule the session in the auditorium for tomorrow morning and preside. You will administer the punishment as senior noncom."

Although Wendy always disliked any of her cadre being disciplined on orders from above, she recognized that Kate was honoring her position as chief noncommissioned officer. It was up to her to carry out punishments.

"I will of course be prepared to exercise that responsibility," Wendy stated. "Have you determined what the punishment should feature?"

"I believe the range of prescribed punishments includes what I have in mind," Kate said. "So, she needs to be secured to the bench and her panties taken down below her bottom. Pimentade will be applied to her buttocks and orifices. Then she will get 18 strokes with the cane of your selection."

"We haven't had one of these for some time, Ma'am," Wendy said. "When pimentade was employed, we normally had MAJ Nancy, the surgeon, here to administer it."

"Yes, please arrange for her to be prepared and attend the punishment," Kate responded. "If you have no other questions, this meeting can end now."

Wendy stood, saluted Kate, and exercised a smart about-face. Then she walked smartly out of the office.

At Kate's signal, Elaine rose and closed the door. She had had to plumb her memory to recall pimentade and finally remembered that it was a solution that mixed lemon juice, salt, and red pepper. Definitely something that would make the naughty Linda try to sit up and take notice--while being bound to the bench.

"You've had a lot of experience in these matters," Kate asked Elaine. "Does that sound all right to you?"

"Yes, Kate," Elaine assured her. "May I ask if you have anything else in mind for SSG Linda? I assume she is not to be cashiered, although her record is long enough to support that. Are you contemplating reassignment?"

"I'm definitely considering all options," Kate replied. "The most attractive course seems to be reassignment. She will be sent to a reeducation center, and we'll reduce her grade to Corporal."

"Might I make another suggestion?" Elaine asked.

"Of course, I welcome your advice," Kate assured her.

"Consider then reducing her in grade to PFC and putting her through the retraining class here," Elaine suggested. "It has the advantage of keeping her here where we can keep an eye on her, it will embarrass her before her colleagues, and it will allow us to wash our own dirty linen."

"Either way," Kate answered, "I intend to allow her the opportunity to reform and regain her previous grade and rank. But we're not going to make it easy, and I will have Wendy make sure the cadre know that they are not to ease up on Linda nor treat her any more harshly than any retrainee."

"That sounds more than fair," Elaine posited. She thought to herself that Kate had an exceptionally fine sense of appropriate response in these kinds of situations.

After Elaine left to return to her own office, Kate again summoned Wendy by sending Grace to escort her. The First Sergeant smiled at Kate, who pointed to the chair where she was invited to sit.

"Wendy," Kate began, using her first name now that they were alone, "I want to discuss with you what will happen to SSG Linda after the punishment. First, I intend to reduce here to PFC grade and have her go through the next retraining class here. Second, I will arrange to obtain a replacement for her on an indefinite basis. I'm thinking of a noncom who went through retraining here recently, a PFC Avery Harding. By now, she has been returned to her previous Corporal rank. She struck me as having the spirit we seek in this unit. You definitely will recall that she was punished in the box as well."

"Sure, Kate," Wendy responded. "I know you could have cashiered Linda or reassigned her to a camp or center. I do like the idea of our taking care of our problems ourselves. I remember Harding and I agree that she is the spirited type we tend to find works out well here. I think this all may get through to Linda and I also will counsel her myself."

"I do appreciate that, Wendy," Kate thanked her. "You have a sense of what goes down best in this unit. I'm not asking you to assess but merely how does the planned punishment strike you?"

"I'm sorry it came to this, Kate," Wendy said. "But Linda has made her own bed despite being given a lot of chances by us in particular. You may recall that her commander at the center where she worked wanted to cashier her."

"I did see that in her file," Kate said, "but thanks for reminding me of it. I may need to speak with CPT Susan."

"Do you think in the end that we'll keep her?" Wendy asked very directly.

"It will be up to her," Kate answered. "I hope you feel that I mean it when I try to give everyone a chance to redeem themselves. I've made mistakes and I expect others to make them, too. I don't want to pry but I imagine in your years here, you may have had a misstep or two?"

Wendy blushed. "Kate, I'll open up about that, only because I have such respect for you, not just because you're my commanding officer. When I was pretty green and only a year or so in the Service, I came back to my center in a state of inebriation. My top sergeant called me in the next morning and outlined what could happen to me and I shuddered. Then she smiled and said that she always gave everyone another chance, assuming they still deserved one. And there's another.

"This is embarrassing, but you need to know this stuff," Wendy said with a mild tremble. "When I was younger," she said, her cheeks burning, "I was caught in bed on post with a male sent to the camp where I was a platoon sergeant. This time I could've been cashiered but the first sergeant told me that she'd seen this happen before and that she hoped I'd learn from being caught. She told me I would be restricted to post for the next month. And she was nice enough not to announce or post my disciplining. So, I suppose I remain incredibly grateful for the superiors whom I have served."

She smiled. "That includes you, my dear," she added.

"Thanks, Wendy, for being so forthcoming. I truly have increased respect for you, if that were possible," Kate observed with a broad smile. Then she stood, so Wendy did as well, walked from behind her desk, and hugged the First Sergeant.

"You've had a remarkable record in your relatively brief time in the Service," Wendy ventured. "Might I ask if you've found yourself in this kind of situation?"

12