All Comments on 'A Victorian Virgin? Ch. 05'

by Sachs

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
who is peter?

i'm pretty sure you haven't mentioned him yet, who is this peter? is he related to ned? ned's father is arthur and his uncle is stephen, is peter his brother?? i'm a little confused by the ending. but overall good story.

SachsSachsabout 18 years agoAuthor
Just to clarify a few things... from Sachs

I guess that when you get to the end of this piece and see 'the end' its a bit of a let down. I did have an 'epilogue' segment submitted that gives a rundown of what would happen next had I completed the story, but I'm trying to get it pulled, because I actually want to finish this piece now!

In terms of Peter, Arabella and Arthur 'senior': I made a mistake when I was replacing character's names to change them from what appears in my 'novel' (this segment was a dead-end piece that I had to delete). Peter is the eldest son, Ned's brother (but was formerly called 'Arthur', hence the father is 'Arthur senior'). Secondly, I realise from the way I described Ned's thoughts concerning Arabella that it appears that the affair is over, but at the end, Arabella's thoughts say that it is.

Just to clarify, Ned believes it is over and hates Arabella for the way she treated him when he was a child. But, Ned doesn't want to hurt his brother by having any of the sordid details regarding his relationship with his sister-in-law come out, while Arabella could not care less. Hence, she has quite a hold over him and has him jumping through some pretty horrible hoops to keep her happy.

The next segment will be called 'A Victorian Tragedy'. It will take awhile to write, due to the amount of research that has to go into the process. (I have never been to London - that makes it really hard describe the setting...)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
what I like

is that they really are better people together. I'm not sure they're entirely consistent...but it's nice to see real growth and change in characters. I would never have believed that those two would be worth reading about as characters but by the end, I was convinced.

Nice details about the period, too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous