A Viper's Nest - Who's Who?

Story Info
An interlude chapter, set between chapters 12 and 13.
1.4k words
4.61
2.2k
3

Part 14 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/25/2023
Created 01/18/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

John read from his pad as he ate within one of the pilot's canteens aboard the Ruination of Minerva. It was the morning after the night before, and his body ached especially his neck. Unconsciously rubbing it, John groaned as the pain hit him.

"Sorry," said a familiar female voice. Looking up, John smiled as Flight Lieutenant Nuki approached, tray in hand. She sat opposite him and then scooped some glowing paste from one of the bowls before her. The light of the canteen shone off of her recently buffed scales, and her eyes glowed a vibrant red.

"Don't be," John replied, "I'm getting used to it," he smiled.

"Oh good," Nuki said, returning the smile, "what are you reading?" she inquired.

"I'm writing," John replied, "or would tapping be the correct term?" he asked and then laughed. John looked up at Nuki and could tell she was confused. "I've decided to write down the names of each Viper I have met since I first woke up aboard the Pride of the Matriarchy," John said. He scooped some glowing paste onto his newly made spoon and eagerly put it in his mouth. "What?" John said after noticing Nuki's expression.

"I just find it odd that you are not using your tongue to eat," she replied.

"For starters," John started to say as he continued to eat the glowing paste, "my tongue isn't twelve inches long, and I'm tired of using my fingers to scoop this stuff up and then lick them clean," he finished talking as another spoonful of paste was ready to eat. "Second, when one of the pilots mentioned to me that it was possible to have the Nano assemblers make anything you wanted, I jumped at the chance to get myself a spoon," John said as he pointed his spoon at the Flight Lieutenant.

"I could lick them clean for you," Nuki offered with a mischievous smile, "or any of the other females here," she said, gesturing to the other Vipers. John looked around the canteen as the volume level dropped. He was surprised to see how many were listening, each one nodding or smiling at him as he made eye contact.

"While I'm sure that would be an experience," John said as he gulped, "I prefer to use a spoon," he took a sip of water as he finished talking. John swore that he heard "aww," from a few nearby pilots.

"So, how many have you added to your list?" Nuki asked, changing the subject. She had finished the first of her three bowls. The Flight Lieutenant picked up another bowl and brought it close to her mouth. John watched as Nuki's glowing red tongue appeared. Noticing that he was watching, the Flight Lieutenant suggestively scooped up the next mouthful.

"Well, there's Captain Ema and Matriarch Theka," John half replied, his eyes transfixed on what Nuki was doing. "They were both in command of the ship that picked me up," he said.

"I believe the Cruiser was the Pride of the Matriarchy," Nuki said, smiling at him. "Focus, John," she said with a laugh as John finally snapped out of it.

"Sorry," he replied with a cough. "The next five names I have are Doctor Mizta, Yutsi, the Security Chief, the twins Taki and Zoki, who guard the access to the Bridge, and Quartermaster Milsi, with whom I shared a nest. Who else?" he asked.

"I have never been on board that Cruiser, and so I only know of the more famous members of its crew," Nuki replied.

"Hmm," John said as he scratched his chin, "is it possible to bring up a crew manifest?" he asked, gesturing at his pad, and Nuki nodded.

"You should be able to find the crew manifest," she replied, "I doubt you will need any security clearance to access the information," the Flight Lieutenant pointed out. Nuki watched as John tapped away at his pad. With her height advantage, she had no difficulty reading the information displayed, despite it being upside down.

"Here we go," John said when his pad gave him access to the Pride of the Matriarchy's crew manifest. Nuki watched as he ran his right index finger down the displayed list of names. "Zoazhis is the Chief Engineer. I'm not surprised I forgot her name," John said with a laugh, "then we have Tactical Officer Suhli and Comms Officer Akhi. Finally, Lieutenant Ena finishes off the bridge Officers," John made eye contact with Nuki as he finished speaking and smiled.

"I see you are happy," she said, smiling back at him.

"Well, it's nice to achieve something," he replied, "even if it's only something minor," he said shortly before drinking more water.

"Who did you meet when you arrived at the station?" Nuki asked.

"Let's see," John said as he attempted to access Border Station Five's crew manifest.

"If you have any trouble, I can use my clearance," Nuki offered.

"It looks like I'm able to access the station's manifest," John replied, "thanks anyway," he said with a smile.

"So, who did you meet?" Nuki enquired. She watched as John scrolled up and down the list.

"Commander Zesta," he replied, "I met her when I got off the Dropship," John said. "Then there's Nisku and Etsala. I don't think I'll ever forget those two," he said with an embarrassed laugh. John remembered what the two Vipers had been wearing when he met them and their antics in the VIP nest room assigned to him.

"They are quite infamous," Nuki said. She guessed the memories from his time on the station were positive as the pheromones he emitted changed. "While I have not met them, their exploits on Border Station Five are well known," she then downed her drink.

"Heh. I got to experience it first hand," John replied and then jumped as Nuki's tail coiled around his left leg. She laughed at his reaction and released his leg.

"I would have thought you would be used to that?" Nuki inquired.

"Perhaps it's because I'm thinking about what has happened since I woke up?" John suggested.

"So, who else have you met?" she asked. Nuki glanced around the canteen and noted several of her fellow pilots glared at their table. The Flight Lieutenant coiled her tail around John's legs again and laughed at the jealous stares.

"Matriarch Ossih," John replied while ignoring Nuki's tail, "I met her before I headed over here to the Ruination," he said.

"Yeah, she is one of three Matriarchs stationed here," Nuki said, "the other two are Matriarch Eztuh and Matriarch Szaki. Although I do not believe either of them has returned from the station," she pointed out.

"That's probably a good thing," John said.

"Why is that?" asked Nuki.

"I think Ossih might be the Matriarch who's got her eye on me," he replied.

"That is certainly a possibility," Nuki said, "while I did not know her name, the rumours amongst the crew point to one of the three Matriarchs assigned to this vessel," she pointed out.

"Any suggestions?" John asked, and Nuki shook her head.

"Other than keeping your distance from her and not allowing yourself to be isolated from the rest of the crew, no," she replied.

"Bugger," John said.

"Bugger?" Nuki said with a tilt of her head.

"It's just a slang word. I could have said damn," he pointed out.

"Oh, I see. Bugger indeed," Nuki replied with a smile. "Can you think of anyone else?" she asked.

"There's Thissa and Tetzu," John replied.

"Who?" Nuki asked.

"Officer Thissa is a member of security aboard the Pride of the Matriarchy," he replied, "and Tetzu is the training officer for the Combat Arena on Border Station five," John said.

"Ah, yes. Tetzu, I remember her now. I think she put some of the other pilots through basic training when the Ruination first arrived," she said.

"She did the same for me," John pointed out, "had a lot of fun, too," he said with a smile.

"Are there any others?" Nuki inquired.

"Not that I can think of," John replied.

"Well, I think it is time we headed off for the pilot's briefing," Nuki said.

An alarm rang inside the canteen, and everyone glanced at their pads. Wing Commander Zsosu was ordering all pilots to their respective briefing rooms. The morning's training had been changed to live fire exercises out in space. John looked up at Nuki, and she smiled at him.

"This should be fun," she said with a smile.