All Comments on 'A Viper's Nest - Who's Who?'

by VioletOrchid85

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
chipmonk9chipmonk911 months ago

I wonder if tge next alien race he meets his a bunch of short-stacked mice women

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid8511 months agoAuthor

Heh, no plans for space mice.

There are Kobolds, though.

justToViewjustToView11 months ago

One of the most unusual but brilliant stories out there, hopefully the chapters will be closer together.

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid8511 months agoAuthor

Unusual, in what way?

No idea how long chapter 13 will take, yet to decide what's going to be in it.

Wolfknight6856Wolfknight685611 months ago

Glad you’re back and the story is not dead. Also, you ever thought about posting your stories on smash words you can sell them chapter by chapter I would buy them.

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid8511 months agoAuthor

Oh I never went away, it just took me 4 months to write chapter 12. Three months to get 3k words, then just a month for the last 7000ish words :P

I've never thought about posting on smash words. I do have a Patreon available in my profile if you wanted to support me. I'll have a look at Smashwords though anyway.

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid8511 months agoAuthor

Also, Chapter 1-10 need to be rewritten before I start selling anything. That'll happen once I've finished the book. If I had to guess, I would say there are probably last least another 12 chapters left of Volume One.

Once that's done, I'll start on A Wolf's Den - this will restart John's story and he will be rescued by the Lupine Empire, instead of the Vipers.

AnaRawrAnaRawr11 months ago

I wanted to introduce myself as Ana Rawr. On a graphical world called Second Life I have been an anthropomorphic dragoness for nearly 10 years.

Some of my online community peoples are more so called furries and many goto furcons in their real life’s as well. Even though my avatar or persona i consider to be an actually Scalie, I tend to still be umbrellaed under furry.

I did started my idea of my scales self more so 25 years ago when I wrote a shorts story about a dragon and human hybrid. I imagined how she would look like in my head. With a main body of a human, with a dragon head, feet, hands, wings and tail.

I am really more of a graphic designer and fell into second life because of my talents of working with “pixels”. And my love for the graphical world if gave me.

So when I started reading your story it not only made me think of my dragoness but others avatars on second life. There, I have seen many cross breeds of humanoids with scales, leathered, horns, etc. Such as snakes, crocodiles, lizards, raptors and even fish like peoples. Even some that or combinations of many creatures. Even some feral crossovers, for example, nega or gorgon like  medusa. Anyhow my point beating I could visualize fairly well what your viper ladies could very well look like.

I seem to have an issues myself, that I pretty much binge read your chapters all in just in one week. I recognize you have been writing this for a year and a half so I am sure the characters were developed quite slowly compared. The who’s who you just did summed it all up quite nicely with the main characters of importance with each place he visited. Still got a bit to go on realizing the characters name, with colors, patterns and bioluminaces, clothing and even such thing as personalities. Eps

All in all, I think one currently stands out the most with John right now is Miss Nuki. I, like many, might be Nuki fans, can hope they end up mates. But if that is not meant to be, I do hope they become the best of friends. It would be cool to see a John having that one person there that he can best rely on.

My next thought here is that, I am not really military minded. But, did take some time researching , corvettes, cruisers, destroyers or various real battle ships of the past. Compared sizes and purposes to these star ships. Also fighter planes the past and how the torrents work on them. I did a bit of research in the real stuff, but too in comparisons to ships of the sci-fi and fantasy shows.

Sorry if this is way long. But wanted to reach out about scalie stuffs. As well as to say you have done an excellent job and can't wait to see what happens next.

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid8511 months agoAuthor

Thanks for the reply :)

At present there aren’t any plans for John to end up with a mate, perhaps in volume two or three of A Viper’s Nest?

I have several pictures of vipers which I use as reference material to help me create each character. One day I hope to commission portraits for each character so readers can see what they look like.

Glad you’re enjoying the story.

VioletOrchid85VioletOrchid8510 months agoAuthor

Hello to all, just a quick comment to say that I'm pausing chapter 13 so I can edit chapters 1-10. Once done I'll start uploading each chapter to here and elsewhere again.

Aussie1951Aussie19514 months ago
Brilliant storyline still

Can’t wait for the battle to happen and what happens after..⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVioletOrchid85@VioletOrchid85
I am a male author from the UK. My favourite genres are Fantasy and Science Fiction. Border Station Five is the rewrite/edit of what I have written so far of A Viper's Nest. The reading order for Border Station Five is Ch.01, Dear Diary, Ch.02. Going forward I will make su...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES