All Comments on 'A Waitress on Stage'

by wellokay99

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
luedonluedonabout 5 years ago
An editor would be a good idea

Or at least a re-read after leaving it for a few days and then checking.

Things like having a body that is "taught", being committed "holy" and having Tom driving you "inane" could perhaps be corrected.

Delivering food to a table is usually described as the customer being served. Having the customer "severed" is usually not a good idea.

And It's is the contraction of It Is. When something belongs to It, the possessive of It is Its without the apostrophe.

Otherwise, I thought it was a cute little story of a young woman with a man who took advantage of the opportunity offered. There seems to be quite a few of them out there who say to young ladies "my wife doesn't understand my needs".

Lue

Ps; As a general rule, most stories don't benefit from a note at the beginning claiming that it is a true story. Let the reader decide how true or fictional it is from the way it is written. On a site for erotic stories, few are believably true and the ones that are don't need that introductory note.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Spelling

His family came in and you severed them? That's harsh.

sparkle8sparkle8about 5 years ago
Outstanding but too many typos.

I gave you five stars because I loved the story. But the number of typos is unacceptable. Use spell check, and re-read your work before you submit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Just an idea

Typos and other errors bother me - in things I read and, especially, when I see them in my own writing. You are not the only "guilty" one.

That said, I have a personal practice after thinking I am done of (a) setting the work aside, (b) printing the document to look at the "hard copy" and (c) setting it aside before rereading again. There is also the option of going to someone who has never seen the document to also read it with an eye toward corrections.

At one time in my life, I had occasion to write papers to be submitted to journals that were usually co-authored. In one particular instance that sticks in memory, there were five co-authors and in reading the final draft, each of us still found different mistakes -- not to say anything about the galley proofs....

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Who cares

It was a story, so all is fantasy. Lies are essentially the truth in made up stories, so who cares if there is a lie.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous