A Wandering Muse at Camp

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're really good at it." Avery's eyes were back on her project, but her tone was sincere.

"I wish my professor in college thought the same." Tess looked away. The painful memory of being told that her future wasn't in music led her back toward business. "I need to be moving to really get into it. I need to dance to feel the beat and keep time correctly. I don't have to be naked, but it helps too."

"Well, it really works for you. Boyfriend?" Avery asked as she looked up from threading the rack back into the cabinet.

Is that a question to see if I'm gay? Tess questioned internally. She'd never been with a woman but wasn't against the idea, especially with a hottie like Avery. What is it about her? Do I think she's hot? Is that the reason for the friction? She tried to process her feelings.

"Nothing long-term. Not since my freak out and my fiancé broke the engagement," Tess stated. The joy was leached from her voice. "What about you? Are you seeing someone?" She hastily took the focus off her. The freakout wasn't a topic to broach tonight.

"He wasn't quite my fiancé, but he left me without even shedding a tear after two years of dating. He was a year older and graduating but dumped me before Spring Break." Avery frowned. "We had a lot of plans for the summer. But then I wouldn't be here."

They talked and covered a wide gamut of topics as Tess watched the woman work. She should be in my photo study. Her muse book covered the more artistic, but there was no denying that Avery was just as passionate about her calling as the artists in the book.

Avery pried a touch about what the cameras were connected to and if she would need to sanitize anything on the network. Tess showed her how the camera and the memory card were not camp property and that her nudes would never grace any of the computers in the lab. That seemed to satisfy the concerns of Avery.

"Do you need to get more photos taken tonight?"

"Uh, yeah. I need to get something to the publisher in a week. I'll need time to cull images and edit in the backgrounds. Are you sure I won't disturb you?" Tess felt comfortable naked around Avery in a way that not even her fiancé had made her think.

"Distract me, maybe." Avery gave the sexiest little giggle. "Disturb, nah. I've got to touch every one of the laptops and get the backup software pointed at the new share. I'll make sure the webcams are pointing elsewhere."

"Oh, sure. What do you think of the outfit?" Tess wanted an opinion she couldn't get from anyone else, as anyone in her confidence only saw things after the fact.

"It's gorgeous. You're a beautiful woman, Tess. The way things twirl around you as you play is incredible." Avery was completely sincere in expression.

"Thanks. Any suggestions for improvement?" It took a lot of willpower not to brush off the compliment. Tess stood and picked up her violin.

"Uh..." Avery blushed. It was adorable and made Tess's heart patter. "Maybe. I love the whole purple motif. That little heart of pubic hair is neat. How'd you do that?"

"Definitely not with the same thing I used up here." Tess jingled her ponytail with her violin's bow. "Don't ask me how poorly that went the first time and why I wasn't naked in the first volume."

"What'd you use instead this time?"

"Grape-flavored drink mix, without sugar. Not the sugar-free stuff, just without mixing in the sweet stuff. Boiled it thick, let it cool, and then coated the full patch. After a half hour, it was purple, and I trimmed and plucked it into shape."

"Well, it's stunning. I like the heart theme you have going on."

"I heard a maybe for improvements, though." Tess grinned. "Spill, Avery."

"I have two ideas. First, do you have any more ribbon material?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You need a matching bow." Avery insisted. "The silver hearts will be just enough contrast to set it off."

"Okay, good idea. Could you tie it for me?" Tess leaned down to grab the length of ribbon from her purse.

"Sure, come sit down for me." Avery patted the still-present towel. She was quiet as she worked on the bow for a minute. "There, not perfect, but it'll be good enough."

"Thank you. What's idea two?" Tess wondered. She really liked the bow.

"Umm..." Avery looked away and blushed.

"Come on, you're not the naked one here." Tess teased lightly and shook her boobs to highlight the nudity.

"They're very nice breasts."

"I prefer the term titties." Tess giggled.

"A couple of things don't fit in with the pale or violet motif." Avery's eyes found Tess's again. The Dark green color was gorgeous on the young woman. Her glasses seemed to magnify them magically.

"Those would be?"

"Well, the violin, but maybe you fix that in post. A color change on it might be expensive. I can fix something else, though." Avery had a bright blush and a tight, mischievous grin. "Do you have more of the lip gloss you used?"

"Yeah." Tess tried to get out her makeup case without putting down her violin. Her vibrator tumbled out onto the table. "Oops!" She blushed and plopped it back into her purse. "Pretend you didn't see that."

"See what?" Avery played dumb but had the slightest hint of a smile.

"Where does this lip gloss go?"

"Your nipples." Avery turned the shade of a tomato.

"Oh, that could be neat! Can you help with that, too? Or is that too much?" Tess asked. "I won't have as good of a view of it, and working backward in a mirror might end up with purple all over my titties. I don't think that's the look I'm going for." It was her turn to blush shyly.

"Sure. They're your nipples." Avery slowly and meticulously applied the gloss. The process had a titillating buzz, but Tessa worked hard to suppress the effect on her body. Still, Avery had to see and feel how her nipples were hardening under her attention. When she looked up at Tess as she finished the task, it looked like the woman wanted to kiss her. Tess wouldn't have stopped the woman. Kiss me. She tried to telepathically send it to Avery to no avail.

"There you go." Avery grinned and then backed away without connecting her lips.

"Thanks. Get back to work, tech princess." Tess's nipples were sharply erect, and the honey almost dripped out of her. Avery turned her on, and the lass wasn't even naked like her.

"You even painted your nails to match. You do that yourself?" Avery stepped closer again to look.

Tess felt another buzz from mere proximity. "Yup. The left hand was a lot harder than the right. I can do you some time." Tess said and then turned bright red. "Your nails, that is."

"Uh-huh," Avery smirked but let her stumble go. "I think I'd like that." She giggled. Tess thought she knew exactly how she had phrased it. "Maybe something in a shade of red or pink for me."

"I think a coral color would go with your eyes." Tess gently argued.

Avery's dark green eyes were magnificent. Once the lithe young woman stood back to full height, she was an inch or two taller than Tess. Av's complexion looked to have an eternal tan to it. It was a surprising contrast with her auburn locks. Tess might have liked to stand and stare at the lovely young woman, but she stepped back.

It only took a single song to get back into a groove. Tess liked how Avery would shyly look up at her as she danced and played. After another half hour, Tess had to call it a night. She did need to clean up the studio and get at least a few hours of sleep. Coffee would only do so much to propel her through the day.

Avery helped her take down the lights and roll up the backdrop. Tess thought the woman was stealing glances but didn't want to press the issue. She wasn't sure what she wanted yet. It was two a.m. when Tess finally put back on her pajamas, and they went their separate ways. It was frustrating that Tessa hadn't been able to use her vibe, but she was glad to finally have made a friend of the brilliant young woman. The budding sexual attraction was still hard to process, though. Tess liked being watched by curious, deep green eyes.

Avery -- A week later

After one night together in the tech building, as Tess laid bare her extracurricular activities, she and Avery became fast friends. Talking and laughing with Tess during her breaks meant her novels went unread, but it was far more fun. While Avery worked on the network, the stunning woman was true to her threat about introducing Lindey Sterling, Yellowcard, and newer Caitlyn Quay music into her classes.

The Lindsey Sterling music would make her rotation when she streamed to study in the fall. The instrumental selections would make it easy to concentrate on high-level math while drowning out the sound of other groups researching in the library. A selection of singers led vocals to several different tracks. The variety made it enjoyable as the violin remained the star of the albums. If the showers weren't shared with the other counselors, Avery would be practicing her singing with some of the songs.

It wasn't just the influx of new music that had Avery distracted outside of teaching coding or working on projects. She couldn't help dreaming about the grace and beauty she had seen in the tech building. Her favorite ended up dancing together and surrendering to a kiss that Avery had almost given in that first night. In the dream, she, too, was naked.

Avery was in the middle of an exceptionally randy nightly vision when a tap on her shoulder broke her out of her slumber. Tess was in front of her with a terrified look on her face.

"Sorry, Av. I need your help." Tess whispered, probably hoping not to awaken any of the other female counselors.

"It's midnight. Can't it wait until morning?" Avery tried to roll over and go back to sleep.

"No, the project must be to my publisher in the morning. I'm screwed if you can't help me. And not in the good way." A smile flashed before Tess got dour again. "I'll make it worth your time." She begged.

"Okay, okay." Avery sat up on her bed and grabbed her glasses off the shelf beside the mattress.

"Come to the tech building. I need your nerd skills. Bring your laptop if you have one." Tess looked desperate, but she grinned briefly. "Those glasses are cute. You should wear them during the day sometime."

"I can't sleep with my contacts in." Avery stretched, not knowing if Tess was genuine about the glasses. Chip hated the frames. She pushed the confusion out of her mind and followed her friend across the property to the tech building. "What's the emergency?" She questioned once they were inside Tess's refuge.

"Something happened with my memory card. The pictures from last week are corrupted. Can you get them back?" Tess's worry returned.

"Maybe, no promises." Avery was praying that she could but was always the under-promise and over-deliver type when it came to computers. "Can't you retake them?" Recovery from SD cards had always been a crapshoot for Avery in the past.

"I sent the camera back. It was a rental. My old gear's autofocus works when I use it by hand, but it couldn't handle my dancing. The gadget that helps take the pictures doesn't work with the old camera anyways." Tess's eyebrows bounced suggestively. "Without that, the camera won't focus differently for each shot in the interval."

"You do move a lot." Avery giggled. Why? You're not a giggler. "Only one way to find out. Now I see why you wanted my computer."

"These pictures should never be on camp computers."

"Agreed." Avery smiled; she had really wanted to get a look at Tess's work. If she was half as good with a camera as with dancing or violin, her work would be breathtaking. "No promises, I'll do what I can. Come on." Avery led them to the classroom.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." Tess's gratitude was effusive.

"Was it the whole project on an SD card?"

"No, most of it's on my tablet or backed up to an encrypted folder in the cloud. I'll need to drive into town to upload it to my publisher early tomorrow. Edith's going to handle my intro class." Tess explained and pulled up a chair beside the table. Avery would hate the intrusion in her personal space if the woman were anyone else.

"Good, what are you missing?" Avery plugged in her laptop and pulled an SD card reader from a pocket in her backpack.

"Just me." Tess grinned.

Avery turned on her laptop and booted into Linux. She dual-booted with Windows but leaned into Linux to get real work done. It took a few minutes to confirm that nothing could be read on the memory card. The computer was picking up that it was plugged in, but it couldn't see any data.

"That's no good," Avery murmured. She knew talking to herself was a bad habit when working with electronics, but she couldn't help it. Then again, she wasn't used to anyone watching her work.

"Are they gone?" Tess had tears welling in her beautiful blue eyes. Even without makeup to highlight their color, her irises were gorgeous.

"I don't think so, but it won't be easy. When I get lucky, sometimes Linux can see what tablets or Windows can't." She pulled up the terminal and checked to see if the OS thought that there was nothing on the drive or if it was seen as empty. There were several gigs of corrupt items that the file browser couldn't see. "There's something on the drive. Let's just see if I can recover them."

"Okay." Tess fidgeted in her seat. Avery wasn't used to seeing anything other than unflappable confidence from the woman.

With a few keyboard presses, Avery started the long drive recovery process. "This'll take more than an hour to try and recover files."

"Damn. Kinda wish I brought my violin."

"I do like hearing it." Avery grinned. A memory of the beauty dancing was burning in her mind's eye.

"You just like watching me dance."

"You're mesmerizing," Avery said in a near whisper as if it was a thought escaping from her brain.

"Thank you. You're not so bad yourself."

Is she hitting on me? Avery managed to keep from vocalizing the thought. She was hoping that the ravishing young woman was. "So, the other day, you said there were five things you used to de-stress. What are they?" Avery scooted her chair away from the computer to look at Tess's gorgeous eyes. They were an intense, though light, blue without the purple eye shadow.

"I can tell you, but let's do a little quid pro quo for this. You answer a question each time I answer your query. Does that sound amenable?"

"Fine, but you owe me a few answers for getting me up at midnight."

"Sure, I'll tell you three of them, but the other two require your questions."

"I can agree to those conditions."

"Sucker! The first three are obvious." Tess teased. "Violin, dancing, and photography."

"I should've known that. I can't believe how you have time to be skilled in those three." Avery tried looking a little chagrinned.

"Outside of computing, which is fun watching you do, what other talents do you have?" Tess blushed.

"No one has ever accused my nerding out as fun to watch."

"They're idiots then."

"Okay, let's see. I've run a marathon before, so distance running."

"You do have the body type for it. What else?" Tess's eyes roamed up and down Avery's body.

"I can sing. Then there's gaming and crafting, something to keep my hands busy while I'm thinking. I was into baking, but that's fallen off since college. Mom never seems to have time for it anymore, and that's when we talked."

"You can sing? We might have to put that to the test sometime, me on the violin and you singing. I'd lose the audience if I tried to croon myself."

A brief daydream of Avery before the microphone accompanying Tess flashed in Av's head. They were in front of an audience, and Tess was naked. She could see an audience in her thrall as the purple-haired beauty danced.

"I think that buys me another answer."

"The fourth should be obvious, too. Wanna guess?"

"Is photo editing different than photography?" Avery thought Tess might have been angling toward being naked, but it was more fun playing dumb.

"Nah, it's the same core competency. I like to be naked, but only when no one else is around. It helps the stress leave my body."

Avery hoped she didn't seem overly excited, but Tess was fidgeting from worry. If it was one of the things that helped her calm down, Av wouldn't stop her. "Go for it. If you want to, that is." She wasn't going to complain about seeing the beauty naked again. "If you can make an exception for me." Avery winked and felt stunned at her boldness.

"You don't mind?" Tess blushed again.

"You don't have your violin or camera."

"And I can't dance without music." Tess gave an exaggerated shrug.

"Plus, you won't tell me the fifth thing." Avery gave her a playful glare.

"I'm going to need one heck of a question out of you to admit that one." Tess's cheeks reddened again.

"I'm intrigued. I get to keep my jammies on, right?"

"Yeah, of course." Tess smiled, grabbed the hem of her top, and pulled it off. She stood and put the T-shirt on the chair. The coral-colored bralette she had on contrasted well with her purple hair. That joined the shirt and freed the perfect set of breasts. Tess was blessed with both size and perkiness. The shape would make some people question if the beauties were the work of an excellent surgeon, but the way they bounced left Avery no doubt that the perfection was natural. She pushed her shorts down her legs and revealed she wasn't wearing panties. The violet-colored heart of pubes was gone.

"Feel better?" Avery looked Tess up and down without shame.

"Yeah." Tess had instantly calmed down as she stretched a little. There were pressure marks from her undergarments, but Tess was also sporting new tan lines in the shape of a reasonably modest bikini. She was at a camp that catered to middle and high school kids, so sexy swimsuits would have to be for elsewhere. The pop of contrast on her still pale skin only increased Tess's beauty.

"Aww, you shaved the heart."

"I always do after the photo session. My dyeing method doesn't last that long, and I guess someone will ID me based on it?" Tess shook her head and laughed. "I don't think it's a rational fear, seeing as the circle of people that see me at my most comfortable is small."

"I'm the only other one with keys to this place." Avery shrugged with a grin.

"It's safer that way. You want another vaguely fruity water?"

"You just want an excuse to prance around naked, right?"

"Maybe." Tess leaped to her feet.

Avery couldn't help watching how Tess's tits shook hypnotically. Since when do you stare at tits? She knew the answer was Tess, but she was still trying to process her feelings. "Get me another indefinitely lime-flavored one."

"We only have somewhat lemon and maybe mango left." Tess leaned at the waist to look in the fridge.

"I guess the lemon is citrus. Wait, is mango citrus?" Avery couldn't help looking at Tess's pussy. She felt her mouth watering. Crap, I think I like a woman.

"They're a stone fruit, so I don't think so." Tess looked over her shoulder. Avery hoped she hadn't been caught staring. "The flavor profile is sweet and sour, though."

"What will it take to know the fifth thing on your list?" Avery accepted the cold can and turned to watch the stuttering numbers on her terminal as the program scanned every bit and byte of the SD card.

"That's a doozy. Simple, when's the last time you had sex?"

"About a month ago."

"Where?"

"At camp. In a maintenance shed. Your mom and Lewis almost caught us."

"Oh no!" Tess had her legs apart and the can perched between her creamy thighs. "Who with?"

"Mateo." Avery turned a bright red. It felt like she was glowing.

"He give you the two-pump-chump experience too?"

"How'd you know?"

"Last year, I was desperate. I really thought that big cock was going to be worth something. Seems like such a waste of a genetic gift."