All Comments on 'A Wandering Spirit'

by Jorunn

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story. Thirty years ago, I was in that area on a research trip and still remember the fjords, I spent the whole time reading this story, visualizing the kayak trip and the Viking farms. The story is a good reminder of the old Viking stories and mythological women heros. More please!

technofrog2002technofrog20023 months ago

Oh my goodness this was a wonderful story. I’m from the southern US and have never been to Norway. It is my number one place I want travel. I have always had a fascination with Norse mythology. I always had a fondness for the country, people and their folklore. Your writing is so so enthralling and I’m so excited when I see a new story posted. The surreal nature of your story is fantastic. I can’t thank enough for sharing your talent here.

OmenainenOmenainen2 months ago

“Sadly, too often women set limits on themselves, and they set them too low. They are afraid to challenge themselves.” Yes! This! Thank you so much for posting this in my event.

metroalmametroalma2 months ago

I have been one of the thousands to pass the Seven Sisters during the summer. You have captured the fjord in all its glory. There is magic in the air and your story is filled with such. Perhaps you could follow up with a trip to Flåm.

Memories of the fjords will now be mixed with the spell you have cast.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Nice mix of fantasy, nature and feminine strength.

JorunnJorunn2 months agoAuthor

Thank you Anon and Techno. Freyja is one of the most popular Norse Gods, and as I did more research, so many things clicked around her., that it ended up driving the story. I do love mythology and folklore, and try to incorporate elements in my stories when I can. Techno - Definitely travel to Norway if you can, and try to get outside the larger cities.

sars33sars332 months ago

A brilliant story, well paced and wonderfully written.

JorunnJorunn2 months agoAuthor

Kiitos, Omenainen. And thank you, metroalma. The railroad at Flåm and its stop at the Kjosfossen waterfall inspired my Chasing Faeries trilogy!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Incredible. Such rich detail, such an exciting adventure.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJorunn@Jorunn
A poet at heart, and writer of stories; of love, romance and nature's glories. There is some of me in all of my stories. I am a Huldra, a Shield-Maiden, and a Valkyrie. Jorunn Skaldmaer is an historical figure, one of the only known female Skaldic poets, and worked in the ...

SIMILAR Stories