All Comments on 'A Wasted Life'

by o2byoung

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantasti!!!

You have published perhaps one of the most, if not THE most heart rendering story on this site. BRAVO! I am younger than you, but I, along with dare I say thousands of other readers of this site, can certainly identify with many aspects of your autobiography. You're never too old for anything in this lifetime, and so I hope that love does eventually find its way into your life. You certainly deserve it. Best of luck to you, friend!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

A great story that I can relate to. One big difference is that I truthfully had never had any thoughts of m2m sex before I sucked my first cock when I was 48. Where I can relate is that I felt I had lost out on so much by not realizing that I was gay.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
!!

That was really good writting. I understand it. i'm very sorry for the Dave.

About the waste of life. Dont be so depresed about it. Life itself is the waste of time and NOT a real thing, whatever you do. So it is not so important. It is good , that you are already old, you dont have to spend much more time in this shitty cold world. What if person realize it in his early 30 -th.

Im much more younger than you, but i already know, that there is no love in this world. So i dont believe in it. And i dont search for it. It is easier.

You can just be yourself, and hope, that after death everything will be ok.

But still i support you, and wish you some good things happening to you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Thank you for sharing so honestly about your life. You've come a long way understanding and accepting yourself, so I wouldn't say that's a waste -- even without love!

63lsmith63lsmithover 6 years ago
A fair read.

Thats about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
thoughtful & reflective story

It seems to me that you do have the love of your adult children as your real self, which is a huge thing. Many younger parents in the world today are still too afraid to tell their kids, so you must have a strong relationship. And if you don't have a male partner at least you ALSO don't have a wife who is being deceived. I hope you do find romantic love in the time that remains, but even if you don't, it doesn't sound to me like you've wasted your life. Best of luck to you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More of us than you know

Hi O2byoung, We're from the same generation. I am 68. Like you, I had an attraction to men that I was unable to really comprehend and given the attitude of society in the 50s and 60s, I avoided exploring that side of life. Guys came on to me in school, but I never recognized their motives. I did fall in love with my best friend, and we did mess around, but hesitated to go too far as I was afraid word would get out about me. I married at 22 and it lasted four years, no children. After the marriage fell apart, I began to explore my gay side and discovered it to be my true orientation. I have had several rm2m relationships, with the longest lasting 14 yrs. As men, we never witnessed male relationships of love and commitment. We were led to believe they weren't possible. Given the male mating ritual - straight and gay - we mostly opted for sex, unfamiliar with real intimacy with a man. I have been single for over ten years now and I, too find it unlikely that I will find "the man of my dreams." I have close family and closer friends and I pretty much think that's gonna be it. BUT I never did anything I didn't want to, didn't follow advice of others, and now have no regrets. So I think we're alright and we're normal for our peer group. PLUS you write well.

PolterGlitchPolterGlitchabout 6 years ago
5*

Well written, good story, the part about Dave was hot and sad, but who knows, maybe he will read this and get in touch! I hope you find love xx

CorjixCorjixover 5 years ago
Never Too Late!

Just a bit younger than you...currently wondering why I 'wasted' so much of my life, too. Practicing mindfulness; and belief in the idea that every new day can bring something better. Never had a lover...yet. Let's believe that it is never too late! Hugs.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm reading this in 2024. you will be 83 years old next month. I hope you are still around and I hope you have found love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Well. the story is great but what you wrote at the end is just a regret of a lonely man. Completely understandable, but as long as you had what you wanted in your life, you haven’t wasted it: just lived it, the way you wanted to.

Good luck, I hope you’re well and… don’t feel too lonely

Eugenio

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous