A Whole New World Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He walked right past the weapons of mass destruction casually and to a small cabinet at the back, he looked to her, straight at her eyes, and nodded, pulling out a metallic band. Laurel thought she knew what it was: a collar which would take the abilities away from any Kodiak it was attached to. "Doesn't that only work on Kodiaks who actually have powers? Can't take away something I don't have."

"It'll also knock you out if I set the concentration high enough," he said, as he flipped his wrist over and a holo-screen sprang up on it. Laurel watched him drag a slider to the very highest point before he turned to her, "So, do you want to know if you're a Kodiak or not."

She scoffed, "I doubt it'll do anything, but sure."

"Here then, put it on," he handed her the collar.

She took it, but didn't put it on, it didn't seem very complex, there was a latch which locked it open or closed, and it was made of a strangely flexible material which moulded to the surface under it. Laurel was confident she could put it on, yet she turned to the Prince, "Can you put it on? I don't want to mess anything up."

He sighed, "Fine," and took it back again, as he walked behind her, Laurel's heartbeat surged as she hastily moved her hair out of his way and bent her head a little forward. He placed a hand on her shoulder, and Laurel felt her heart flutter, she didn't feel the connection like the first time they touched, but she didn't need to, this was enough. "Ready?"

"Yeah," as she spoke, her voice quivered.

"You sure? Seem a little nervous."

Laurel swallowed, taking a deep breath and making sure her nerves didn't get into her speech, "Yes, it's fine. I want to know."

She felt the cold metal close around her throat and immediately after her vision began to fade. Her knees wavered and she began to slump, leaning into the Prince.

"Can y..." His voice faded into nothingness as her vision turned to black.

12