A Wish, A Kiss, All Amiss Ch. 07: Final

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As if he understood, he smiled. "You won't lose me."

She shook her head. "You don't know that."

"But you do," he said. "You know you will lead me to you like you've led me to you at every turn."

She saw herself reflected in his dark eyes before closing her eyes and set everyone free, free from their past sins, free from guilt and judgment. She set herself free, not knowing if this would be her last wish, but she was not afraid to change the past anymore because she had changed her future.

Epilogue

Gabriel made his way through the crackling autumn leaves towards the love of his life for the five-hundred-and-eighty-fifth time, and each time he found her sipping tea in the library or curled up by the fireplace, she would flash him that smile. The smile that would make him give up the world to see.

He was surprised, however, to see that she was observing him over the edge of a book, hiding her smirk.

Rosaline shifted her gaze back to the book when she felt his eyes on her. She did love those smoldering eyes and the heat in them. But she did not want him to distract her, and god knew how fast she would surrender if he got to set his lips on her.

She had a more pressing matter.

"What's so funny?" Gabriel asked with an arched eyebrow, sitting down in front of her before setting down the teapot on their garden table.

She tilted her head and looked at her husband. "The book is funny."

"It's not meant to be funny."

"Why not?"

He frowned. "It's a political thriller."

It was a political thriller that exposed a group of the world's elites of their darkest deeds and the lengths they would go to control and keep the world in order. It was a work of fiction, to most people.

And once in a while, after Rosaline had made her wish, Gabriel would glance up from his phone, catch eyes on the street that knew his book was a reality as if they had themselves lived through that reality in another life.

But Gabriel knew the truth.

The smart mouth said, smiling, "You would know."

He loved that smile. "Yes, as a matter of fact, because I wrote it."

"But all they do is argue semantics. It's funny." She warmed her hands around her teacup, grinning at him.

And then there it was, that arched dark eyebrow twitched. "I was under contractual obligations to fulfill a certain word count."

"So you resort to semantic arguments?" she asked, laughing when he scooped her onto his lap, enveloping her with his warmth.

He said against her ears, the rough stubble tickling her. "I suggest you take it up to my editor with all your valuable insights."

"I think her creative integrity is compromised."

"Why?" It was a low growl, and his hands had snuck into her sweater, drawing lazy circles on her belly. It brought back the smile on her face.

"She might be a teensy bit in love with you?" She pinched her fingers in his face to show him just how little.

His arms tighten around her waist as he dropped his lips to her neck, drawing out a shudder. "A teensy bit?"

She nodded over her shoulder before he caught her lips, sliding his hands higher still, cupping her bare breasts. Then he growled, "You're not wearing a bra."

She shook her head and laughed. "Took you long enough."

Then he lifted her and placed her on the garden table. Raising the hem of her oversized sweater, he pulled it over his head, and Rosaline was thoroughly distracted from her pressing matter when his lips closed in around her nipple. She laughed at her own lack of principles when it came to her husband. At how easily she gave herself to him.

"Did anyone tell you it's rude to laugh when a man is about to take off his pants?" His low voice came through from her sweater.

She raised an eyebrow at that. "I thought you're secure?"

"I am. I just feel left out," he complained, coming out from under the garment, hair mussed, eyes heated. "Why are you still laughing?"

"Because I'm happy."

Gabriel rolled his eyes. "Would you mind sharing the reason for your happiness?"

She would not mind at all. In fact, she wanted desperately to tell him, but on second thought, "So you can take credits for turning it into a comedy?"

"You don't need me for that." He parted her legs and wrapped them around his waist.

"Actually, as it turned out, I might be wrong about that," she said, arms coming around his neck.

"Really? You waited this entire time to tell me you need my help to write your slasher play?"

She said against his lips, "No, but I kind of needed you for something else."

"I just realized that your smart mouth won't be the death of me"—he stole a kiss—"because by the time you tell me anything, I will already be dead."

"Shall I name our child after you then?" She had the widest grin on her face, watching Gabriel roar with laughter, waiting for him to work out her pressing matter.

His wife had obviously graduated from poignant to morbid. Catching his breath, he said, "I don't like that you're grinning and planning my death before our child is even...wait. What?"

It was her turn to laugh, and her laugh turned into a gasp when he picked her up, twirled her around in the air and kissed her senseless.

THE END

---------

I'd like to sincerely thank everyone who has read the story, in parts or in its entirety. Once again, all comments, good, bad or mediocre, are welcomed.

Special thanks go to my editor, Chas, who also served as my beta reader. Your presence is felt throughout the chapters.

And I thank my partner for his infinite patience and support.

---------