All Comments on 'A Young Single Father'

by olddave51

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
hugh58hugh5811 months ago

A very well written story that appears to be true. I enjoyed it very much

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Wonderful story!

5

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere11 months ago

Nice story, but a bit of a dash to the finish line....

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Very stilted let your emotion roll a little.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Spend less time talking about what happened and more about how it felt

OvercriticalOvercritical11 months ago

Reads like it was written by someone in elementary school. A silly plot with very few redeeming features. 2*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Way too many coincidences. Trust funds, large insurance payouts. And all that before he marries Ann. Also, the story is told in a very dry fashion. A very decent premise, kind of wasted with the Joe Friday "just the facts ma'am" style.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I very much enjoyed the story line. Minor quibble: 5 year olds don't generally sit in booster seats being fed.

eomersoneomerson11 months ago

Yep, I am a sucker for a sweet romance story. 😊

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A good story and story line, but it could use some polishing. It also could have used a bit more at the end. To explain how it felt reading it, imagine riding a roller coaster as it slowly crawls up a huge hill. As you crest the top, expecting the thrilling rush of a mad dash down the other side, you instead find yourself pulling into the station and disembarking.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nice plot. The writing could use some work and the ending seemed rushed. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Your story was much ado about nothing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

No fun! Very „technically“ written, ie terribly dry. All is said that needs to be said, but not a iota more. The characters have hardly any life in them. The epilogue kills it completely. It is absolutely not necessary - as is true for most epilogues - and tries to describe a lifetime with a few sentences. Hardly fair to those lifes.

KarzaKarza11 months ago

Was thus AI written?

olddave51olddave5111 months agoAuthor

A.I. hush your mouth !

This story was inspired by a good friend who did lose his wife on the way to the hospital I guess I should have put that in a preview notes.

I guess I must be having trouble with showing emotion in my writing, still working on it. I do feel emotional when I am writing. I find it hard to put my own tears and smiles into the stories.

I thank all who have read my stories. I thank all for most of the commits.

AbimelechAbimelech11 months ago

I like the storylines of your stories: the setting a little bit out of the way, the role of the public (students, colleagues, neighbours, ...), the mix of tragedy and love, the importance of children in the lifes of your characters.

I agree, that there is missing (so far) depth to characters and plot.

I would like to know more about a character. Why is she or he lovable or interesting or remarkable. Use dialog as a means to give more insight. What are they thinking, feeling in detail? Some could be funny so that the reader can laugh.

For me most of your epilogues are to much of a jump. I would prefer to know more smaller steps of the life of someone I started to like.

There does not necessarily needs to be more sex, but it could be more correct. (You finger someone, find the g-spot, usually the hymen is broken OR if you break through it, the orgasm is not just a "dozen or so strokes" away in a first time intercourse).

This is said considering your normal approach to sex, which leaves out enormous cocks, gigantic tits and all this vocabulary which (for me) is most of the time more ridiculous than arousing.

I would wish for you to take more time (aka write longer stories) to develop characters and plot.

There is already a development from your first story in April to your last. I will look forward to more of you.

Yours sincerely

SatyrDickSatyrDick9 months ago

[29.07.03]

Que Romantique!

11/10!!!!!

Baldy74Baldy748 months ago

I do like your stories, just wish there was more dialogue between your characters.

Flar1958Flar19586 months ago

Thanks for your writing. I think i read a newspaper story it clearly lack deeper emotions. Lastly where was a story i got tears in me eyes. Because the teller coud put the emotions in the right words. Look in "Mausefalle" and "Bringing Carrie Home" they are different stil but show emotions non less. I hope to be on handy for you to improf.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Warm feel good Romance

larryisok1larryisok11 day ago

Story is absolutely outstanding and read like a actual real-life event. The sex was spot on, none of the usual B.S and the getting instructions was so real like. I knew how to work it in a woman, but my wife knew "Nadda It took about six months before she could kiss with a open mouth. blow jobs she never could give me a good one she was a special lady

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userolddave51@olddave51
Non-Drinker, Non-Smoker, Non-drug user At my age I have experienced a lot with love and intimacy. I plan to write about it. With more than two ex-wives and a few Girl Friends. Most of my stories have some truth to them. I tend to use some of the same behaviors, actions in my...