All Comments on 'Aaron & Slade Ch. 05'

by TrippyLuv

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
kmillerk1kmillerk1about 9 years ago
Thank you

Was wondering when you were getting another chapter out. Wonderful story.

killer12killer12about 9 years ago

Great chapter. Slade's Dad was a total DICKHEAD!!!!!!!!!!. I hope his mom comes around and set his farther straight.

Can hardly wait for the next chapter. Keep up the great work.

aclassyladyaclassyladyabout 9 years ago
More???

This story is a great read. I have followed it from the beginning and can not wait to see if there is more to come. Slade's dad needs to see his son as a person and not as a gay body. In time I think his parents will come around, with the help from Aaron's family. I hope there will be more chapters to say what happens from this point on. Your a good writer and your character development shows through your story. Keep them a coming.

bigkahoonabigkahoonaabout 9 years ago
Excellent Story

I love this story, it is excellent. Looking forward to the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
You need to pare this down

Too many words that don't add to the story or that say the same thing. For example - "But she won't say anything because it's not her secret to tell, so I know she'll keep it to herself."

You've said the same thing twice in one sentence. Just cut out the "..so I know she'll keep it to herself." It doesn't change the meaning but it's much cleaner. I hope this is helpful.

Ryan8inchRyan8inchabout 9 years ago
great story

Great story can wait until the next chapter

TrippyLuvTrippyLuvabout 9 years agoAuthor

This will be a mass response to those who've left a comment. I'll just say up front 'Thank You' for the positive responses and for the critique.

@kmillerk1: I'll try not to make you wait too long for the next chapter. 'David and Leroy' is one of my favorite stories here on Lit. I can't wait for Ch. 11 to come out.

@killer12: His dad is a dickhead. His mom is torn about what she needs to do. You'll have to stick around to see what happens.

@aclassylady: It makes me happy to know you follow my story. Slade has a long road ahead of him, so there's definitely more to come for him and Aaron. There are several chapters, which I need to finish reediting. Those should post over the course of the summer.

@bigkahoona: I appreciate your kind words. I hope you continue to read future chapters.

@anon: This was a concern of mine. Unfortunately, I caught the redundancies after I'd already submitted the chapter and by then it was too late due to the posting date having been set. I'll try to be more mindful of this in the upcoming chapters.

@Ryan8inch: Awesome name by the way! ;) I hope you drop in again for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Lying in wait for the next chapter

I found this story late last year and after seeing you hadn't posted for a while resigned myself to the fact the story would probably remain unfinished.

But every few months I checked back and what'd you know? Good things do come to those who wait. The story was well paced and it was a palpable chapter; it's such a great way to pick up again.

I will forever be waiting for the next chapter, keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Wow!

The reedits you've made to the chapters so far are leaps and bounds better than the ones you have posted on GA. I can see why it's taking you so long to post. You've added and removed a lot from each chapter. It shows your growth as a writer. There are still some mistake but nothing that takes you out of the story.

This particular chapter is way more emotional than the original. What you added deepens the bond between the boys. Which also goes back to chapter four with their first time making love. Slade appears bolder this time around which is cool. That whole chapter was an amazing surprise. I've reread it ten times this week. So, kudos to you for taking the steps to realize you could do better. If you keep honing your writing abilities, you'll be unstoppable. Good luck to you with the reedits and eventually the continuation of the story. I wit with eager anticipation.

TrippyLuvTrippyLuvalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Submitted Ch 6...awaiting approval

to both @anons: thank you for your comments.

to the first anon this story will not go unfinished. I work long, ridiculous hours. plus, i'm doing heavy reedits to the chapters i'd written previously. which is taking longer considering I wanted more depth for both main characters. i want them to be as close to real without over doing the realism, if that makes sense.

to the second anon: It makes me happy to know someone who read the original thinks the newer version is better. I was elated you took the time to let me know that. i was not happy with what i produced and it took me out of writing for a year and a half. then it hit me, reedit what you have, change the title, and go from there. if people like the story they like it, if not then that's okay too. i'll keep posting it regardless. I still have kinks to work out in the chapters already posted here on Lit but those can wait for later. I'll eventually change the chapters on GA to match the ones here but i want others to have the chance of seeing how seriously i take this story by reading both versions. Aaron & Slade are important to me. i won't do them the injustice by writing a shoddy story by pushing myself to the point of where i stop caring. I'm trying to be original with this story which i hope is coming across. i can't let this story fall to the wayside like so many other stories here on Lit. I want to finish this story, and i'm happy there are those who are willing to go on this journey with me. You know who you all are. I want to thank them for all their private feedback comments. i smile every time i receive one.

Thanks again!

TrippyLuv

judojonjudojonalmost 9 years ago
so crying

dam you sure make a person feel your story . Don't know when i have cried like this. I have never had any kind of love that you writ about. But i can tell you that i so wish to find it . Thank you for sharing your writing . John

TrippyLuvTrippyLuvalmost 9 years agoAuthor

@judojon: John, sorry I made you cry. But now were even cause you made me cry with what you wrote, which is no easy feat, if you knew me personally. I wish to find love like this myself one day. Hey anything and everything is possible nowadays. :)

Much love,

TrippyLuv

sm1982sm1982over 7 years ago
Ugh at Slade's parents attitudes!

How anyone can say God set this in plan for us but also believe God loves us all are hypocrites and are the least to know what God plans for any of us. It's horrible how human beings will treat others when they don't feel comfortable or want things a certain way..love who you want to love!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well, I'm justified

This one chapter makes me realize the hate I have for bigotry, and for "God Greatness". It helped me feel that being an atheist is better than a believer.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous