All Comments on 'Aaron Ch. 26-29'

by JanuaryMoon1

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
willieonewillieoneabout 7 years ago

Oh for crying in a bucket, so tired of whinny no one loves me and he is the one who has to try and fix something he didn't do...again!!! To much teen angst when they aren't even teens. sigh so now the long wait for the next installment of the melodrama. Where all the men are treated like second class to the women who are all to full of their own importance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I have to agree with willieone, I am a woman and even I think the women have an EXTREME Superiority complex. Even gem the sub. If Thorne is a Alpha, he is not much of an alpha. If I was a Were, I would be looking for a new pack. Your story has great potential, but there are some Serious women issues.

JanuaryMoon1JanuaryMoon1about 7 years agoAuthor
Response to feedback so far

Not sure how to express this but I'm wondering if I should just quit. I have no idea why you both see the female characters having "superiority" issues. Luna had to overcome her issues and realize she could be part of an Alpha pair. Kate is still not even dealing with her issues and yet her and her female friends have indicated she is the one with problems not Aaron.

In previous feedback I get told the characters are weak and whiney so I try to show they are in transition and actually aren't completely annoying women now they're whiney and yet think they're superior?

As for Thorn he's barely been in this story and when he has he has offered support and concern for his Pack, because he didn't kill Kate on the spot for freaking out is he weak and not Alpha material?

There are typos in this story I am aware but what I'm trying to tell and what is being read aren't even close to the same so not sure how to proceed.

If your hating the story and the fact I cannot post every day or week please don't torture yourself. If you have any tips on how to improve it or get where my head is with it feel free to contact me

With cofused thanks and apologies

JM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Please don't quit...

Why do your characters in your story have to fit the molds created by other authors? It's YOUR story! Tell it the way you want it. I find the characters and the story line unpredictable, which makes for a more interesting read. The rating on these chapters is over 4.5, so people must like it. Don't let a couple of people with inflexible expectations stop you. Keep writing!

tre128tre128about 7 years ago
Agree with most recent anonymous

Honestly, every story ever written has had its detractors and critics and while those people are certainly entitled to their opinions, the ratings your stories are getting shows that they do have their fans as it stands.

My advice, when people offer constructive criticism, listen and decide whether what they advise will improve matters while still fitting with your story, but don't just how to every demand made of you by people that don't necessarily understand the story you're trying to tell.

And don't even bother with anyone that's just complaining without offering advice, they're probably not part of your target audience anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Screw those others!!!

January Moon,

Like Tre said this is YOUR STORY!!! Obviously they don't understand the vision you're creating for YOUR characters in the story. I would be saddened if you quit. Plead don't let ppl dictate how YOUR story is supposed to flow. I love this story, I mean the ENTIRE story from beginning to end. Keep going Suga!!

Ms Shonda

JanuaryMoon1JanuaryMoon1about 7 years agoAuthor
Response to Tre, Shonda and Anon

Thank you

I needed your support. It isn't that I want to change the story or idea to please those giving feedback as that would be impossible it was losing the confidence that what I meant to put across and what others took in was so out of sync

I wanted these stories to put across a mix of human growth, struggles, baggage combined with the werewolf genre I love with its strength, destined mates, possibility for violence and drama.

I will hopefully get more chapters submitted quicker so any constructive feedback is welcome

Thanks again

JM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
My two cents on what's frustrating in this chapter

For me (and I'm female), my frustration is that Kate keeps repeating her tendencies that get her into trouble each time. She always reverts back to two (clearly erroneous) beliefs: 1) Each time Aaron is seen with a beautiful woman is because he prefers her to Kate and is having sex with her instead and 2) Kate isn't worthy of Aaron's (or anyone else's) love. She's been down this path before, and Aaron, her friends, pack talk her out of it, then next time she's missing him, makes the same mistake again. It's getting tiresome and she needs 1) to learn to count to ten and 2) needs to learn to give Aaron a chance to explain himself before freaking out and reacting. As smart as she is, I'd think the rational part of her brain should kick in and say "WHOA, hold on a minute". Kate needs a psychiatrist and/or Luna needs to open "the book" and figure out how to help Kate through this. As Kate herself noted, all her friends are pulling for her but right now, it's hard to be in her company.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

luv2read2

willieonewillieoneabout 7 years ago
Thank you luv2read2

For putting into words what I was thinking!

JM if all you want read is positive pat on the back comments well ok. Wow what a brilliant installment I love it please don't change a thing take as long as you need. You are awesome.

JanuaryMoon1JanuaryMoon1about 7 years agoAuthor
Responses

Luv2read2 - thanks for your two cents - I get the frustration because that sums up exactly where she is in my head. When I've kept repeating the same or very similar mistakes because I haven't dealt with why. When I never healed from one mess but headed straight into the next. Kate is in that zone. Getting angry at everyone else, frustrated with herself as she avoids facing her truth. Her friends and even her alphas want to help but can't yet as they don't know the full picture ... change is coming.

Willieone - if I didn't want constructive feedback I wouldn't allow comments. My confusion in understanding your viewpoint and others I've had in comments and via email doesn't mean I want smoke blown up my bum it just means I wanted to know why people were seeing things I didn't feel I was writing or missing things I thought I was writing. The first few comments I had and emails gave no advice or examples of where I had gone wrong. They also had me having a moment of wondering if writing should stay something I do only for me as I felt I was failing to express myself or my characters. Since posting my first submission here, I have tried hard to take onboard advice reducing things that many pointed out were overkill, adding in things I originally missed, trying to keep everyone happy is not possible but I am keen to write as I love doing it, but I also want to be good at it, thanks

JM

willieonewillieoneabout 7 years ago
JM

I have always given you five stars so yes I do actually like your story. I just happen to have a huge dislike for one or two of your characters (Gem and Kate) but I do like the story she just is getting a bit tedious with all her shit and he can't seem to put a foot right so I feel for him more. If I remember right he was going to catch up with an old friend he was taking a shower so they could grab a bite and he had no idea she was getting stripped thinking to hook up not knowing he was mated. Hence his shocked look when he saw her in nothing more than a towel and his mate at the door, knowing full well what she must have thought but he did nothing wrong.

Now I just look forward to maybe Alex's story and then maybe the new pack with Rose and John fixing it so that the pain the old Alpha caused can be healed.

JanuaryMoon1JanuaryMoon1about 7 years agoAuthor
Just hit submit on the next part

Sorry for the delay.

I think I will be able to wrap this one by Early April and then I'm going to write Alex's story which I think will go much easier. The last story I plan to write about my wolves is Emily's.

I am actually thinking about a totally different story line far more than these characters at the moment but don't see it really working here so not sure if it will ever go public but it seems to own my thoughts so I need to put it down on paper so to speak.

Anyway hope when the next submission is available some of the stuff is more in line with where my head is at with the characters - and I learned my lesson with this story, I'll never write without a clear guideline again I got a bit lost in this one and now can't even get back to my original ending LOL

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous