All Comments on 'Abandoned Rage'

by other2other1

Sort by:
  • 664 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

When my father passed, we stayed with him for two hours while we waited for the funeral ppl to turn up. It wasn't creepy. It was sad, but we were a family and did much like John wrote here.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us John

MehntalityMehntality6 days ago

"Over the next hour, we stood and watched as my family gathered around and cried. But I noticed laughter too, my kids told stories of Rebecca and I growing up. They laughed and cried in equal measure. As Rebecca and I stood and watched, our arms locked firmly around each other we felt proud that our family was strong and would be fine in the future without us.

As the paramedics came and took my body away, both Rebecca and I took turns hugging and kissing the kids."

.....

So the family sat around a just-deceased corpse in their home for an hour before calling the paramedics? That's so fucked up....

desecrationdesecration7 days ago

She hates death metal? One star.

Cracker270Cracker2707 days ago

Another reread. I do so enjoy stopping by to visit.

SmugglerjimSmugglerjim11 days ago

Rereading it was even better

26thNC26thNC11 days ago

Wow! You posted some really good stories, but this might just be your best work yet. A story this long better be good to hold a readers interest to the end. I stayed riveted right up to that great ending. Just a great story.

xtrail65xtrail6512 days ago

Hmmmm, is this fiction? It seems some people think that ALL the stories on Lit are true stories, well live and learn. Really Anon.? Unbelievable? You do know the concept of fiction right?

Great story John. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

8 pages, then, all for what? A duct-taped on 'and this is what happened while I was rambling on about nothing' as a faux ending. Sheesh, what a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Over long overwritten and just plain unbelievable.

teslaownerteslaowner16 days ago

Actually, he treated Mark much too gently. Mark had prevented James from warning Grdg, so he was very culpable. The appropriate action would have been to print all of Mark's business documents off, purge all digital copies from the office computers, and then hand Mark a banker's box or two of physical documents and the statement "I'm sure you will be able to find someone to deal with this for you. Now get the f**k out of my office"

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Still a great tale second time through, probably the third as well! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

RMike35RMike3519 days ago
What a story.

I both loved and hated this story. Rebecca saving Gregory after Jillian crushed his heart to pieces.But Gregory and Rebecca had 30+ great years together before cancer took her,

I understand the authors perspective but I wish the author had given Rebecca's death a quicker end,instead of years of suffering she had passed quickly.Now about Jillian I see how the author set it up,of her and Gregory meeting after 30 years.Also the cryptic meaning when she asked Gregory if they could be friends,and Gregory's response was we'll see Jillian we'll see.Implying a non-confirming answer.

So did that mean Gregory forgave Jillian or not?.Honestly after 30+ years people change and maybe Jillian learned from her mistakes and became a better person,but whether Gregory ever forgave Jillian is a question you will have to draw your own conclusions.Maybe Gregory did forgive her but he would never take her back after what she did to him.Or he ended up dying hating Jillian,we just don't know.

But I am glad Rebecca and Gregory reunited in death and watched over their Daughters and Son's from Heaven,oh and that they could have wild kinky sex 24/7 like they used to.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

the 32 years of marriage was great . them finding happiness after all that happened was a great read . i'm still sniffling and snuffling through my tears . i lost my daughter to breast cancer when she was 30 yrs old . stories with cancer in them hit me pretty hard and it was 9 yrs ago . still seems like yesterday . my only regret was she died early in the morning with her mother and aunt the only ones with her .

tsgtcapttsgtcapt19 days ago

Thank you!! Wonderful story and great ending.

desecrationdesecration23 days ago

"I screamed and ran out..." basically the subgenre in a nutshell. It would be hard for anyone not to enjoy the character of Rebecca, who overcame her wounds to see life clearly, while Jillian descended into a muddle.

PatermultiPatermulti28 days ago

Wonderful story, thanks. The second time was even better!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I couldn't get passed the endless conversations he had with the people who betrayed him. They went on and on and on and...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Oh my this story really needs a tissue alert as it’s a real tearjerker

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Finally a charming yet cheating wife story where the huaband doesn’t turn into a cuck for his wife’s whims without really thinking of him. You other authors are true man haters.

BabyBunny2222BabyBunny2222about 1 month ago

Damn - great piece of work!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

To predictable but well written

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 month ago

You are never hurt by strangers as much you are hurt by people you know. Very tearful at the ending. Some us leave our lives in quiet desperation. 5 stars

GardenshedGardenshedabout 1 month ago

WARNING…..WARNING…….. Do Not read the epilogue, there is something totally wrong with it? Can’t figure out why my eye’s kept watering?

A very well written story with lots of emotion. Just added to my favorites to read again.

Thanks for writing.

uncle_muduncle_mudabout 1 month ago

Well written ... Five Stars from me

KwazyWabbitKwazyWabbitabout 2 months ago

Damn Ninjas chopping onions again.

Don’t y’ just hate how they make your eyes water?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I love the story, I hate the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great well written story. I feel a little sadness for Jillian and hope she finally found some happiness in her life even though shed didn't deserve it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Remarkable twist of fortunes. Could a spouse be such a self entitled narcissist? I had one that resembled that thought. When she left and I was blamed and shamed, She and her mother broke me. Still I enjoy the hope and joy implied at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The first page was just unbelievable crap, about five of the next pages were unnecessary and the last page was ridiculous. Over the top and ver written.

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 2 months ago

Excellent story and flow! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This is probably one of my favorite stories in this category. It is so painful at first but once Rebecca comes into the scene it becomes a true love story. I do have to roll my eyes at Jillian towards the end saying "No one ever compared to the first guy."

I generally utterly hate the cheating spouse in these stories, particularly if they're super hateful and spiteful. I don't have as much hate for Jillian as I usually do though. I think she was just dumb and swept up in it all, this big fantasy. She was cruel though and I feel no sympathy for how her life turned out.

consulting91consulting91about 2 months ago

That was one of the best stories I have ever read. I laughed and then eventually shed a tear. Thank you for creating such a piece of art work that made the readers feel the emotions and follow the story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Still one of the best stories on here. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I really enjoy your stories. Your characters are real and feel real emotions. Very good story. Thanks.

Kurmugin

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Most loving wives stories have a good and bad character and I find I sometims forgive the bad character after they suffer for their foolishness for a time. I feel pity for Jillian even though she deserved to suffer. This story does show the best revnge is living well. Well written, evoking emotions one exoeriences while reading it.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

8 pages too long.

BrianluvsBrianluvs2 months ago

Your story is fantastic. And classy the whole way. Dam this is my 2nd time reading. You know what? I'm a freaking mess exactly like first time. You know Niagara falls snot coming from nasel passages. You showed me what I've wanted , and love between 2 couples is priceless. What a gifted writer thank you for sharing your talent. Dam I'm still a mess .be well

LwcbyLwcby2 months ago

Story idea. I am CPA from America.

I live in Kansas I was doing the financials last Saturday. The part that has paid time off,etc. I do on Saturday with my door locked so no one can come in an snoopy snoop.

I was jamming out and Singing along when this nurse practitioner passed my door and apparently took offense I am waiting on a urinalysis and lost three days of work, because she walked by my office and didn't like me jamming to lynrrd Skinrd

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very good tale, second time through - 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Beautiful touching story

Thank you

clarkgarbleclarkgarble2 months ago

“Delicious man cream??” Are you kidding me???

That phrase, said by nobody ever, cost you 2 ohforgodsake stars

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

Reading again, this is just a wonderful story that gets better with each reading. It is so good that it even caused Buster to show some real intelligence in his comments. Astonishing.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Um your on an erotic literature site and complaining about the eschatology that the author used in his story?

Enjoy the story dude, because it's just that a story, not a religious commentary.

BTW, third time reading and enjoying this gem

MarrttyMarrtty3 months ago

Those death scenes are some of the best I have read. Great writing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story! Have read it several times and it keeps better!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I thought the damage he did to his house was a bit over the top, punch a few holes in the wall maybe.

I thought the rest of the story was great

As to the way you described the passing of Becca and then of himself, we can only hope that is the way it goes for ourselves

Thank you 5*

LadyLoreLadyLore3 months ago

It might just be me but I personally don't know any man that would have acted the way this husband did. My husband would flip out if I was to pull this stunt on him not only would he have beaten the other guys ass he probably would have beaten mine it takes a lot to get my husband to the point of hitting a woman if she doesn't hit him like a man but something like that I believe he would but I'm not entirely sure I'll have to ask him when he gets back from the store lol

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

If you're going to write about Biblical topics, use the correct information from the Bible.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Beyond magnificent! Have read 7-10 times and keep being amazed! One of the best I have ever read! Need more like it! Sets a standard very few writers will ever reach,

Dirtmover52Dirtmover523 months ago

Ya I shed a tear or 6 also. The way you brought to life the joy and pain the characters felt, I felt also. Well done.

LanmandragonLanmandragon3 months ago

This is at least the fourth time I have read this, but it is like a drug, it won’t let go. A tale of bitter betrayal, but also of brightly shining hope and very satisfying revenge. Certainly a fairytale, but a brilliant one!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is a wonderful story, all of us have suffered loss. Enjoy reading and thinking.

silverthorne16silverthorne163 months ago

2nd reading for me. Still just as wonderful as the 1st time. You have got to be one of my top, if not best, writers here. Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Makes me think I should go and see what Harmony and Melody are doing...

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

For once, I agree with Buster. Ten Big Blazing Stars.

Probably the third or fourth reading. As usual, Five stars.

JPB

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I love how you write Mr Other!

Buster2UBuster2U3 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars, for a great story that made me cry here at work. John, you are a Great Writer. This story had all the heartache, rage and broken heartedness possible that could have happened to your hero. WHOA, what a way to burn a poor guy, then to burn her back so badly. LOL Amazing. Thank you for the great effort! I think you outdid yourself on this Epic Tale, I liked the way you portrayed the afterlife also. Good Job. There is a God, He appeared to me here at work almost 10 years ago. thanks, Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Damn, that ending punched me in the throat. Lovely.

lerenardruselerenardruse3 months ago

I'm so jealous of the passion that Rebecca and Gregory shared. The passing of Rebecca was a tearful event. Their reunion perfect. I can read this story a dozen times and each time is heart warming.

ZephyrwhirlZephyrwhirl3 months ago

I always enjoy reading well written tales intended to bring the reader some form of joy at the end.

Great yet quick skill in bringing the story to us quickly, with little filler

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I always laugh when I see "unrealistic" in comments about any fictional story. If that is the case then so was James Bond and Star Trek. But also I feel that such a comment is made by a person who has but limited experience of this world. There are too many narcissistic individuals out there capable of inflicting all Jillian and Troy did - and a hell of a lot more.

Five stars.

robbo069robbo0693 months ago

One of the best I have read

LechemanLecheman3 months ago

As I have mentioned previously in other stories, the highest compliment I can give to an author is re-reading of their submissions.

This was a beautiful story that still curries my emotions.

With gratitude.

RustyReaderRustyReader3 months ago

Brilliant. Probably the best story in the category. You brought forrh ao many emotions real to the reader, heartfelt emotions, empathy, fear, anger, heartbreak amd utter saddnees of loss then resolute. joy. Oh yes, several tears. You qeite qith peesonal revealation I belive. Thank you for your gift of story.

EROSSIREROSSIR3 months ago

Top notch story telling. Bravo

ForsakenGray1928ForsakenGray19283 months ago

I know of nothing else to say but, Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Utterly fantastic story and extremely well written with passion and realism. Thank you so much for the time & effort put into this.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The whole public humiliation thing felt really over the top to me, especially friends determined to zealously support it. It just felt utterly overdone, forced and unrealistic. It would've been a good story without it. You probably overdid it with Jillian's regret too, but I understand you wanted to make a point there. That said, Rebecca's last kiss alone was worth the read. I feel it was probably a better place to end the story than where it ended at.

Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I also tear up at Rebecca's passing, but they lived a good long, loving life Together.

Thor2530Thor25304 months ago

Another great story. *****

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Tear-jerker with swords and diamonds. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Man that hurt my heart with Rebecca dying like that … I had to stop reading and just sit in my chair and have a good cry.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Colleen is an interfering old bitch like majority of secretaries. Good riddance to the cheaters and their friends

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Five star plus. The ending with Rebecca's passing was painful, beautiful and deeply moving.

Steverino143Steverino1434 months ago

Great ending. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent Story,,, a Great, What goes around,,, Comes Around,, Story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Would have liked to see Greg slamming Jillian with everything he did for her after Troy abandoned her the first time. How he stood by her, propped her up, took care of her... just hammer blow after hammer blow of how much he cared for her and this is how she repays him.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Fifth time reading this. It really is a story that has everything.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story. Loved the ending. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Please tell us the name of the insurance company that pays out for damage intentionally inflicted on a policy holders property. I really need to update my house and appliances. The sugar content of this story is enough to clog a thousand arteries.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I have said it before but will say it again, this writer understands people and their relationships in all their flaws and imperfections. Five stars shining.

rbloch66rbloch664 months ago

This is one of the stories I revisit occasionally when I want a good feeling. Several of your stories do that for me, so, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow! Author notes is exactly what happened to me. Not sure if I should congratulate you or berate you for pulling that much emotion out of me.

razzJ7razzJ74 months ago

Out of the whole Universe there are only a few couples that truly enjoy the love and devotion to the golden years. But from someone that has the privilege of being married to a precious soul mate for 44 years this truly hit home, the love we share is a mirror of this story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Aside from a couple of editing issues, one of the finest stories on this site. Don't stop my friend, please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Outstanding story!

Well written and easy to follow!

Wish I could give it as ton more stars

You need to add to the beginning of the story the reader needs to have a box of tissues at the ready!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Damm it, I told myself I wasn't going to cry this time...

Fuck it, Becca's death got me again. Fourth time reading this and every dam time I shed tears.

You should publish something professional my friend. I know I would buy it if you can write like this and your other stories.

btw - I read Parenthood over Christmas. Powerful story.

Kudos bud.

other2other1other2other15 months agoAuthor

Thank you for the continued comments. I am still enjoying writing and hope to have a couple of stories completed over the next few months.

Just a note to those who want to have a go at my spelling and grammar, if you would like to help edit and prep stories, please join the editing crew. We authors do like editors who want to help us make our stories better, not just call out the mistakes. ;)

I truly loved writing this story, I loved how I saw each scene in my mind, in particular, the scene where Greg and Becca meet and then how it is repeated with her passing.

Opinionated1Opinionated15 months ago

each time I read this lovely story it gets better!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Grammar, spelling, malaprops, spelling and especially phrasing are all wanting.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

My new favorite story. Will remember this one for a long time. Nice work. Sadly I can only give you a "5" for this as you set the bar☺

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Iv read a lot of stories on here, this is the best one!!!

CharetteCharette5 months ago

Anonymous9 days ago

The destruction of the house shows that the MC has an IQ of 75.

this posting SHOWS that the author

A: Must be a woman

B: Never felt real raw anger and pain that needed to be let out

But

PS: I don't wish it on anyone either .

oldguy1oldguy15 months ago

came back to this for a reread and loved it more second time around. the passing away scenes were particularly heart rending but somehow very touching and poignant. thanks for the story

ashleybelle6969ashleybelle69695 months ago

Beautiful, thank you for the cry!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userother2other1@other2other1
I am just you’re average Aussie guy, I have a wonderful family, I enjoy a rum and coke, driving my Mustang (which my kids also love) and I own a couple of businesses. I work with a few different editors, but note that my mistakes are my own as I like to tinker after an edit. ...