Abby's Adventures: Prologue

Story Info
A girl gets pulled into a fantasy world.
1.1k words
4.47
2.2k
4
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

<Authors note: This is a prologue to a multi chapter story. There is no sex in this chapter for those that might be looking just for that. Feedback is always welcome.>

I settled down. The hubby and daughter were gone for a week, away for an after Christmas visit to his family. Outside the snow was falling slowly. Inside, the lights were off, except for my own room, and everything was quiet.

I was happy to have some alone time for the first time in about two years, real alone time, and just not a few hours at night. I was sitting down with a new game. The name wasn't great: Realms of Fantasy, but the marketing and previews had been.

It was a single player by default, with multiplayer optional, fantasy RPG, and it's hook was that everything was procedurally generated. "The world reacts to you." was the tagline. An example that they gave was if you wanted to craft, you could make things, set up a stall and NPCs (and PCs in multiplayer) would be able to buy your items. Then, over time, you could expand your business. You could even hire NPC workers to run in when you were offline or wanted to adventure.

I was not sure if they could pull it off, but it still looked good enough to try out. So, I was. I settled in and fired it up. It went through the first time cutscenes and various studio logos and then I went into character generation.

My first choice was species. For that, I took half elf. I liked playing half elves when it was a choice, for a first playthrough. There were a lot of options, including very exotic ones.

Next, I had to choose a background. I decided to slide away from the types of choices I'd normally make and went for street kid. I'd grown up on the streets for whatever reason and as a result was trained in pick pocketing and stealth.

Next, I got to choose two more skills to start the game trained in. I could learn others once I was in game, and to go along with the streetkid theme, I chose pick lock and unarmed combat. She had grown up as a thief just to survive.

Next came character customization and I was floored. It was amazing. Not only were there literally dozens of options, but they were user friendly. You could make adjustments to basically any part of the body, then pose the model in multiple positions and play with the lighting to see how the character would look in various in game conditions.

I think I spent three or four hours getting her ready just the way I wanted. I went with long pink hair in a ponytail, long legs, slim, not huge breasts, though they were curvy. Overall, I went with athletic, and sexy, but not over the top slutty.

Now, it was time to name her. I took a few minutes, but ended going with Abigail, or Abby for short.

The game started with a tutorial area to teach command basics, and then there was a fun little text adventure to guide where you started the game. When I finished that there was a bright loading screen....

I awoke with sun across my face and I rolled onto my back. I stretched out, and opened my eyes and then I sat up in shock!! This was not my room. It was nicer to start with, but the layout was also wrong. The windows were smaller and had wood shutters, not blinds.

My tables were gone, and the same with my bookshelf, and computer, phone, and TV. There were some clothes on the floor, and a pack against the wall.

"Oh, no. It's impossible." I said as I got out of bed and padded to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and gasped. Pink hair, pointed ears, slightly angled elven eyes. "How did this happen?" I was somehow in the game. How did I get here. How would I get home.

That would wait. First, a shower. After that, I put my hair into a simple ponytail and went to gather clothes. I didn't have many as it turned out. Two skirts, neither overly long. A pair of pants that were like yoga pants. Three pairs of panties. Two blouses and something like a halter top.

That was it.

I threw on the blouse and skirt that had not been on the floor, added a pair of panties and put the rest into the pack. I then left the room and padded barefoot down the hall and stairs into the common room of the inn.

"Abby!! Hi!!" called a chipper voice. A blonde girl. Misty, the innkeepers daughter. I'm not sure how I knew that. "Want some breakfast?"

"Yes!" I said, and then added "Morning, Misty." She ducked into the kitchen and brought out eggs and bacon, some toast, and some water.

"That dance you did last night was amazing." she told me.

"I danced?" I asked, between bites.

"Yes! Nothing naughty, just sexy. You kept the place packed."

"I guess I drank too much and forgot."

She laughed. "I guess so!" For the next few minutes I was quiet as I ate. The food was good, almost as good as what I would have made at home, but good. As I finished, her father, Frank, came out of the kitchen.

"Abby." he said to me. "You said you had no immediate plans last night. Would you like to work here until you figure some out? I'll pay you a fair wage, food, and the room. We don't get many girls like you here, and I figure you'll fill the place even if you don't dance."

I thought about it for a moment. I needed to figure things out and having a temporary home would help. "Yes. Thank you." I said.

I spent the rest of the day relaxing. A took a nap to get better adjusted to local time. I did some exercise in my room and walked around the area a little. I seemed to know this part of town, which is called Appleton. It's a farming town, mostly, and apples were the main crop.

That night I was working the floor with another girl named Julie, while Misty handled the bar. It was fun. The guys were playful, and copped some feels, not nothing too serious. I was actually having fun.

At about 11, I was at the bar, dropping off some empty glasses, while Misty got four fresh ones for the order I was filling when the door opened. The place got quiet and so I turned and looked to see who had come in.

There were three men. Two who looked to be in their early 20s, wearing leather armor, and with weapon belts on, and who were looking nervous or embarrassed.

The other was older, in his 40s, wearing expensive clothes and with an insignia on that I knew meant he was an inquisitor.

He looked at me, pointed at me and said "Girl, what are you?"