Abigail's Secret

Story Info
Tom falls for mature Abigail, but she has a secret.
12.5k words
4.7
43.2k
77
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sylviafan
Sylviafan
2,127 Followers

Abigail' Secret

This story concerns a burgeoning love affair between Abigail, a lady in her early fifties, and Tom, who is twenty-five years younger. The age gap is significant, but Abigail also has a secret.

The eponymous lady is based upon a member of staff that helped me out in a DIY superstore recently. My thanks to her.

I hope you enjoy this story and I look forward to receiving comments.

Sylviafan

It all started after I decided that the downstairs shower was just too revolting to use anymore. The whole room needed updating, but I couldn't afford to do that so I decided on a quick makeover for the shower: strip the mouldy silicon sealant out and scrape away the grout that had turned orange with fungal growth. I'd got most of the stuff I needed but when I came to re-grout the tiles I found the tube of grout I'd got had dried up, so I popped into the local DIY superstore after work one Tuesday and that's when I met Abigail.

I wasn't in a hurry or anything when I entered the vast store with its endless aisles of steel racking and I spent a bit of time in the shower section looking at what I might buy when I refurbished the room. I found the tiles section easily enough, and a display with tile cutters and grouting tools and almost everything else you could think of - except grout and tile adhesive. I couldn't see them anywhere. I marched up and down aisles but drew a blank. Reaching the end of one aisle, I came across a member of staff. She had her back to me and was humming to herself as she entered data from a display onto a tablet. She wore the staff uniform of black polo shirt, with company logo on the back, and black trousers.

'Excuse me,' I said approaching her.

She turned to me and gave me a smile. 'How can I help you, sir?' she said in a clear and even voice, with just a trace of local accent.

My stomach turned over as I looked at her. I should say here that I'm a sucker for a mature lady and this one was close to my ideal. She was tall, around five nine, I guessed, with chestnut hair cut in a short bob. She had an attractively tanned face with full lips, hazel eyes and slightly hooked nose. When she smiled she showed strong, even teeth. Not film-star white but not yellow. She appeared to be in her fifties with marked crow's feet at the corners of her eyes and faint lines on her cheeks and above her upper lip. She wore a name badge that said "Abigail".

I swallowed, realising that I was in danger of gawping at her. 'I'm looking for tile grout,' I said. 'I can't seem to find it.'

Her smile broadened. 'Follow me.'

I fell in behind her, admiring the fit of the trousers around her bum and the length of her legs. She walked a few aisles along then stopped and pointed. 'Down at the end, on the right.'

I'd walked that aisle at least twice! Why hadn't I seen the bloody stuff? 'Thank you,' I said and she smiled at me again and turned away. I watched her disappear around a corner and then went and picked up tube of white grout and headed for the check outs.

And that should have been the end of it, except that I couldn't stop thinking about Abigail. She was gorgeous. A perfect example of a sexy older lady, at least as far as my sixty-second exposure to her had indicated. That night I thought about her while I masturbated; what she would look like naked; what she would look like bouncing up and down on my erection; what she might smell like and taste like; what her most intimate places might look like and if she made much noise when she came. The following day at work I thought about her some more, and again in the evening. I masturbated twice that second night and woke in the morning with another boner which had to be relieved before I went to work. On an impulse, I went into the superstore on my way home from work the following day, but there was no sign of her. I was unreasonably disappointed but that was that.

Except it wasn't. I went into the store the next evening, which was a Friday, then again on Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. Nothing. I was tempted to phone the superstore and ask for Abigail, but somehow I didn't think that would work. On Monday I told myself to stop being so daft and I went straight home after work. On Tuesday, a week after I'd seen her, I told myself that maybe she only worked Tuesdays and I ended up going into the store during my lunchbreak, although it was miles from where I worked.

And there she was, putting packets of screws onto a display stand. I walked past her a couple of times to make sure I'd got the right person. She didn't notice me, although the place was very quiet that lunchtime and there was no one else in the aisle. It now struck me forcibly that I had no plan for talking to her. This probably sounds silly but I don't think I ever really thought I'd see her again, so I hadn't thought about what I'd say to her if I did. I walked past again and lurked by the masonry paint while I thought about what to do. In the end I just went up to her.

'Excuse me.'

She turned and smiled. 'How can I help you?'

'You showed me where the tile grout was the other day,' I began.

'Oh, did I?'

'Yes. And you'll probably think I'm a complete lunatic but I just wondered if you'd like to have a coffee with me, sometime.' I tailed off, my face flushing with embarrassment.

Abigail's smile faded a bit and she looked puzzled. 'You want to have a coffee with me?'

'Yes. I know it sounds crazy but... Would you?' I gave her my best "I'm not a nutter" smile. My smile is reckoned to be pretty powerful by the girls I've dated. I should add here that although I am very attracted to older ladies, I've never actually slept with a lady more than five years older than me; this was radically new territory. And whilst on the subject of my smile it may be worth sketching out what Abigail saw standing in front of her that Tuesday lunchtime: I'm about the same height as her, five nine, with a slim, athletic body. My hair is black and a bit curly and my features are regular, with blue eyes and a firm chin. I'm no Paul Newman but I look ok and I've never had a problem with ladies. Until now maybe. It occurred to me that I didn't even know if she was married. Someone of her age probably was, and I couldn't see whether she was wearing a wedding ring, so I stood and looked at her with a hopeful expression and she looked at me.

'You mean after work?' She was looking at me a little quizzically.

'Yes,' I said. 'I suppose. In the Starbucks up the road maybe?'

She eyed me critically for a few seconds. 'Ok,' she said. 'Why not. But I don't finish until six.'

A heavenly choir seemed to rise up and a huge sense of wellbeing enveloped me. 'That's great! I'll see you at six.' I turned to go then turned back. 'I'm Tom, by the way.'

'Abigail,' said Abigail. She gave me a final quizzical look and a sort of half smile then she turned back to her screws and I left the store.

The afternoon was a rollercoaster of emotions. At first I was in a kind of euphoric haze. Later I alternated between worrying that she wouldn't turn up and worrying that she would and I'd have nothing to say to her.

I finished at five and drove to the business park where the superstore was and parked outside the Starbucks. Inside I ordered a flat white and took it to a table by the window and sat looking out and sipping the scalding liquid. It was twenty to six. The next twenty minutes dragged by while I sipped my coffee and fiddled with my phone and stared out into the car park. By five past I was starting to wonder if she was coming. At a quarter past I was convinced she wasn't, although I stayed at my table. At twenty-five past I saw her crossing the car park in the direction of the coffee house and my stomach did a great lurch and I felt vaguely sick. She came through the doorway and stood looking around. It wasn't busy but a few tables were occupied so I waved and she saw me and came over and I stood up to meet her.

'I'm sorry I'm late,' she began. 'I told my friend I was coming here for a coffee with a stranger and she tried to talk me out of it.'

'I'm glad she didn't,' I said. 'What would you like?' Abigail opted for an Americano with hot milk and I went up to order and she sat down at the table.

When I got back we looked at each other across the table and I smiled and she smiled back and for a few seconds I had a horrible feeling that it was all going to go wrong and we'd have nothing to say to each other, nothing in common. In the end, to my shame, it was Abigail who broke the silence.

'So, Tom, what do you do when you're not having coffee with strange ladies?' She smiled as she said this and it was a kind smile and my stomach lurched again because I suddenly knew that it was going to be alright.

I talked to her about my work (I'm a junior lawyer) and I asked her about hers and she told me that she liked working in the superstore because her colleagues were good fun and the general public were generally ok and besides she only worked four days a week. And she told me that she liked walking in the Shropshire hills and cooking and sewing and I began to build up a picture of a lady with simple tastes and no pretensions; a lady that I could come to like very much.

'I haven't asked you if you're married,' I asked, eventually, although I'd checked out her wedding ring finger and it was bare; in fact she wore no jewellery at all, and just a hint of makeup. She didn't need much with her colouring. 'I suppose I thought if you were married you wouldn't have come for a coffee,' I added.

'I'm divorced,' she said, 'a long time ago.' She gave me a level gaze. 'And you're single?'

'Yes, I'm single,' I confirmed.

'Can I ask why you wanted to have a coffee with me?' Abigail's face was serious. 'I mean you're a lawyer and I stack shelves in a DIY store and I'm guessing that I'm between twenty and thirty years older than you.'

I was a little taken aback, but she was right to bring the subject up. It had been lying unspoken on the table between us. 'I'll tell you after I've got us another coffee,' I said. It gave me a chance to collect my thoughts and decide what exactly I was going to say to her. In the end I chose the truth.

'I thought you were lovely,' I began. 'You had a great smile and you're attractive and I just had a strong feeling that I wanted to get to know you. And I've really enjoyed talking to you this evening,' I added.

'That's very flattering, thank you.' She hesitated. 'And I've enjoyed meeting you.' It sounded like a preamble to a goodbye.

'I'd very much like to see you again, Abigail,' I said quickly. 'Maybe we could go for a walk together. The Long Mynd or the Stiperstones.'

Abigail paused again, looking at the table. Then she looked up at me with her clear, hazel eyes. 'Yes,' she said, slowly, 'I'd like to do that.'

My head was in a whirl again, my heart thudding with excitement, which I was trying not to show too obviously. We arranged to meet a week on Sunday and I offered to drive but Abigail said she'd meet me in the car park outside Church Stretton, at the foot of the Long Mynd. But she did give me her mobile number. Shortly after that we finished our coffees and stood up.

Outside in the car park I wasn't sure whether to hug Abigail, kiss her or just shake her hand. In the end we had an awkward little peck on each other's cheeks and said our goodbyes.

A week on Sunday, the weather was appalling, even by the undemanding standards of a British summer. The skies were leaden and the rain sheeted down, flooding the roads and turning the gutters into little rivers. At nine o'clock I had a text from Abigail suggesting cancellation. I wondered about suggesting a pub lunch but decided that that sounded too needy. She proposed the following Sunday and I agreed.

That next Sunday was gorgeous. Wall to wall sunshine and a gentle breeze. I was nervous and I got to the car park a good half-an-hour before the meeting time, which gave me time to have some butterflies and try to think what we were going to talk about for four or five hours. At five minutes to ten a little hatchback pulled up alongside my BMW and Abigail waved at me from the driver's seat. We got out and said hello and put our walking boots on and hefted our knapsacks and set off up the broad track that led to the summit ridge of the vast, crouching bulk of the Long Mynd.

It was a perfect day. The breeze on the top was stronger and refreshing and we walked and talked and it felt like we were strangers and intimates all at the same time. We talked about work and politics and sport and a myriad of other topics. She told me about her divorce and the fact that she had a daughter, called Freya, who was only two years younger than me. And we found that we both had a deep love of books and had read a lot of the same authors and so we talked passionately about literature. At midday we stopped for lunch at a pub in Little Stretton and then headed north, back to the car park, which we seemed to arrive at all too quickly.

We changed shoes and slung our bags in the back of our cars and stood looking at each other. We hadn't discussed further dates during the walk.

'Thank you,' I began, 'I really, really enjoyed your company and I'd very much like to see you again.'

'Well, thank you for asking me,' she replied with a smile. 'I'd like to do something together again too.'

I stepped up to her and held my arms out and she came into my embrace and we hugged, heads on each other's shoulders. I could smell her shampoo and a light, lemony scent. I pulled my head back and we looked at each other from six inches apart and then we kissed for the first time. And it was slow and gentle and didn't involve any tongues but it nevertheless felt extremely intimate. I stroked her hair and she tightened her arms around me and we kissed regardless of the groups of walkers going past.

'You don't mind about my age?' she asked, quietly, when we eventually broke the kiss.

I could hardly tell her that that was one of the things that had attracted me in the first place. 'It is of no consequence,' I stated, boldly, which was bollocks really because a twenty-five-year age gap (we'd swapped ages) was always going to have consequences in a relationship. But if I knew one thing, it was that I wanted a relationship with her. I wanted to be with her, to know her, to explore her personality, and her body. I felt myself become hard in my walking trousers. 'Are you ok with it?' I asked.

'I think so,' she replied, and I kissed her again and we said our goodbyes and drove away from the place where we'd first shared a kiss.

Our next date was a meal in a restaurant in Shrewsbury. This time I picked her up from her house, a modest semi-detached place on an estate on the outskirts of the town. She saw me pull up on the road outside and came out to meet me, so I didn't get to go inside her house or to meet her daughter, although I was aware of a shadowy figure behind the net curtains, watching us drive away.

Abigail looked superb. She was wearing a black, knee-length cocktail dress and I could see her legs for the first time and they were slim and shapely with graceful calves and ankles. They were also encased in black stockings or tights, which made my heart thump in my chest. Her hair was freshly washed and gleaming and she'd put a bit more makeup on than usual, including a red lipstick. She'd also painted her nails to match. I told her she looked sensational and she gave me a grateful smile.

The meal was good, the service was acceptable and we shared a bottle of the house red. Actually I had one glass and Abigail had three, as I was driving. The restaurant was dimly lit, to encourage the patronage of romantic couples, presumably. There was a candle on the table and we looked at each other over it as we ate and drank and chatted and it felt like we'd been friends for years. It certainly didn't feel any different to me than when I took ladies of my own age out, and the restaurant staff didn't bat an eyelid. Perhaps they thought she was my mother.

Afterwards we strolled along the River Severn in the dusk, arm in arm, stopping at frequent intervals to kiss. After the second or third stop, the kissing got more passionate and my tongue slipped into her mouth and she gripped me tightly and pressed her mouth against mine and I got all dizzy with desire.

Towards eleven o'clock, when all the pubs and restaurants were emptying, I said, 'I suppose I should be getting you home.' We were sitting on a bench, looking out over the water.

'I can't invite you in, Tom,' she said, quietly. 'Freya's got friends round and, well, it's not the right time for you to meet her.'

'Are you worried that she'll think I'm too young?'

'A bit, I suppose. I do want you to meet her, of course I do. But...' She paused and I put my arm around her and held her to me, kissing the top of her head. 'I could come to your house,' she said, and I wondered if I'd heard right.

'My house?' I repeated, stupidly. What, now?'

'Yes. If you want.'

'Are you sure?' I asked.

'I think so,' she replied.

So I drove her to my house, which was a three-storey Georgian terrace in the town centre, that I was slowly refurbishing. And when we got there I opened the front door for her and she went in and said how lovely it was and so I showed her round, explaining what I'd done and what I wanted to do and she listened and asked intelligent questions. Afterwards I opened a bottle of wine and drank a large glass almost straight down to settle my nerves. Because I was nervous; I felt like a virgin on his first date. Not that Abigail was in any way intimidating, quite the opposite, it was just that she was here in my house and she was fifty-three and I was twenty-eight and it felt a bit like I was going to take my mum to bed.

But after half the bottle had disappeared, most of it down my throat, I relaxed and we settled onto the big leather sofa in the front room and we kissed and I felt the contours of her body. Her full breasts pressed into my chest and I mashed my lips against hers and explored her mouth with my tongue, tasting her lipstick and saliva and she gently raked her fingernails down my back, making my stomach churn with desire and my cock fill with blood in anticipation.

After a bit I cupped one of her breasts and squeezed it gently. They were round and full and grapefruit-sized and it felt heavy in my hand. I stroked it and ran my thumb over the swell, seeking her nipple and Abigail broke the kiss and gave a big sigh and kissed my neck and ear.

I was in heaven; a genuinely mature lady was in my arms, and a strikingly attractive one at that, and we were kissing and I was fondling her breasts and she was showing every sign of enjoyment. I squeezed her breast harder then released it and slid my hand down over her flat stomach and thighs to the hem of her cocktail dress, where I slid my hand underneath the silky material and onto her stockinged leg. Abigail gave a little gasp, of arousal, not shock, as I slowly ran my hand up her stocking to the lacy top, and beyond, slipping my hand between her thighs and exerting just the tiniest pressure to encourage her to open her legs.

Somewhat to my surprise she responded straightaway, opening her legs wide to allow me full access. At first I was slightly taken aback; I was used to the stop-start seduction of younger girls. Then I remembered that I'd read, or been told, that older ladies tend to know what they want and don't beat about the bush like their younger counterparts.

Her inner thigh, when my hand reached it, was warm and silky-smooth and firm. I massaged her skin for a few moments then my hand was seeking, and finding, her panties and she was breathing faster and kissing me with passionate abandon and I could feel the satin material of her panties and Abigail kicked off her shoes and lifted one leg and put her foot on the settee so that her legs were agape and I could stroke her pubic mound through the material of her knickers.

Sylviafan
Sylviafan
2,127 Followers