Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Laura. Oh fuck. I'm..."

He didn't even finish telling me, he just groaned and plunged into me a few more times, hard and fast, as his eyes scrunched shut and emotions flickered across his face. Tension resolving into a pleasure so intense it looked like pain, then a sort of sublime calm as he stilled, exhausted.

He opened his eyes lazily, as if from a dream, and a smile burst across his face. It was a beautiful sight.

***

After we'd both tidied ourselves up, we lay in bed together and talked for a while. Not about anything particularly important: films and books, favourite travel destinations, memorable gigs. We didn't really discuss work, but I felt hopeful about my prospects in a way I hadn't done for a long time. I recalled how I'd started the previous night's journey home, and the contrast between fantasy and reality brought a smile to my lips.

"What are you smirking about?"

"I'll tell you if you make me a cup of coffee."

"I can probably do better than that. You must be starving: I made you a sandwich last night but I'm afraid I ate it while you were asleep." A blush spread across his cheeks.

We dressed and headed down to the kitchen, where he made coffee and pottered about with bacon and eggs and toast. To distract myself from the hunger pangs, I picked up Saturday's paper which was neatly folded to the half-finished cryptic crossword.

"Have you got a pen?"

"Hmmm?"

"Eleven across is 'absence'."

He handed me a biro and rested a hand on my shoulder as he looked over.

"'Proverbial aphrodisiac bees can produce, seven letters.'" I explained. "It's an anagram of 'bees can'. Absence makes the heart grow fonder." He seemed to be humming a tune under his breath as he turned back to the cooker.

After breakfast, he made me confess about my fantasy from the previous night. He burst out laughing and looked utterly delighted.

"You have my permission to think about me however you wish, Dr Black. You've earned it."

"Well, likewise, I'm sure, Dr Wielechowski."

He looked even more delighted, though I wasn't sure why. He'd earned it too.

I was shaken out of the rosy glow by recalling that it was well into Sunday and I needed to do laundry, and buy groceries, and clean my flat before the pretence of a working week began. "I'd love to stay longer but I should probably go home. Looks like the rain's stopped. Thank you for breakfast, and, um, everything."

"You're very welcome." He looked adorably uncertain. "Laura, I hope you don't mind me asking, but would you like to come back here for dinner tonight?"

"I don't mind you asking. I would love to."

He exhaled with relief. "Is there anything you don't like to eat?"

"Turnip. Snails."

"OK, not my signature Turnip and Snail Surprise then. And... again I hope this isn't overstepping the mark, but if you might like to stay, you could bring overnight things. You know, just in case."

Just in case. As if I was going to eat dinner, give him a peck on the cheek and then leave. I grabbed his idiotic, gorgeous face in both hands and kissed him on the lips.

Then I picked up my bag, opened Dr Richard Wielechowski's front door and set off home. Things were looking up.

***

THE END (for now)

12