All Comments on 'Abuse of Power'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 242 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 10 years ago
Presidential Power Player Impeached in Drone Backfire !

Ambitious ideas and novel setting get executed to varying results. Kudos to the author for flipping the cliched domestic cheating script & aiming drone missiles p at hubby who could hamper quality cheating time. The Becket reference and subplot was also inspired. This is leaps and bounds above the standard daily Loving Wives offering in these regards.

I feel like an ingrate for complaining that the story characters were totally bereft of ' shades of gray' that made ' Hearts of the West ' by this same author such a classic. The wife Catherine went to hospital room right at intro and was mired in harpy mode for duration of story. All the characters were either skulking sneaks or saints on Washington beltway,

There's no doubt this was a very entertaining read with some ingenious twists but had the talented Francis Macomber explored his dynamic ideas, as fully as he has in past ideas, this tale would have been candidate for Hall of Fame right alongside of ' Interview with Superman '.

I was very entertained and owe FM thanks in that regard.. Yet it speaks to this author's past triumphs and current talent, that I was equally tantalized by what could have been had he explored the potential human facets of his characters with same wide scope as the varied military and plot instrumentation.

Five stars for actual accomplishment, albeit with qualms for untapped potential. Ruthlessly firing drone missiles at terrorists ... and lawyers ? Oh the possibilities.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
there could be more .......

Depth of interaction between him and his wife. It will show her unremorseful attitude toward him and implied ...... (Correction) throw in your face... "Your sperm is not good enough to father a baby with me. "

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
like the congress scene

It was v great. If everyone d had his morals, our country may not be in the position it is now. (Had to put two cents in regarding state of society lol)

THE Forgot to mention a strong 4 so marked as a 5.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartalmost 10 years ago
As always....

Always a great story from you Francis. 5 stars and a big thumbs up for your work.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
AND THAT CONCLUDES HIS OPENING

but will the closing be forever or just a day. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Five Star

Brilliant read, I gave it a five star but I feel it's not finished, another chapter please to fill in the end result.

thefranzthefranzalmost 10 years ago
Could be the basis of a novel

Great, but too short for the rather complicated storyline. With some additional plot and more "flesh" this could be some kind of crime conspiracy novel. I would read it, I would even buy it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
THANKYOU so much for keeping on with new and original stories!

I love waking up to a FM LW tale in the story spinner, and eagerly digest it over my first cuppa coffee! I have to agree with LSD that while this was a clever plot, it held untapped potential in view of your use of shallow characterizations. It is frustrating for a reader who understands that sometimes you can't churn out an 80 page novel here on Literotica, but yet wishes the author could put more into it...as 5 pages was just not enough to tell this story properly. Even MORE frustrating is realizing when a chapter 2 just won't do the excitement and tension built up in the first chapter any justice. I liked this effort a lot, but felt a little robbed by the quick epilogue style ending. There were more confrontations needed beyond just Jake and Catherine (dare I say the most glaring omission). Jake and the first lady in collusion? Jake and the old senator? The budding romance with Helen? Even a final statement to and from the POTUS? She seemed to waste little time getting pregnant again, how did those three months go? We only know that Jake used that time to gather evidence, but there HAD to be more at stake emotionally for ALL parties involved. I know, as a reader, sometimes the author figures that some of these details are best left to the readers imagination. But if you don't give us enough character development and interaction, then the request to fill in the blanks with reader imagination becomes more like the reader authoring full paragraphs! Or in the case of THIS story, an entire missing YEAR of action, pain, revenge, and planning for the future.

FM, it goes without saying that you are one of my favorite authors on this site, but somehow I need to remind you here in the comments section. I wonder if you stylistically ask yourself when writing a thriller such as this, what can I leave out; what "goes without saying"? For your next eagerly awaited effort, I wonder if you will spend as much time on character development, as you do on stunningly original and clever plot twists? Sorry FM, you have set the bar way too high with your past successes, for us to be completely satisfied with less.

However, as always, without even reading any of the other stories posted today (yet), I'm sure that it "goes without saying" that your offering will be the best of the day!

Thanks again for real quality!

JounarJounaralmost 10 years ago
5*

You once again you raise the bar in LW.

CharlieB4CharlieB4almost 10 years ago
Well written but...

I've got to agree with a previous comment, from early on it was a connect the dots story. Much like some fiction novels by prolific authors very predictable which is why I find them hard to read.

The machinations of the American political system was good but a couple of other things bothered me. It might be different in the US but I had to wonder if a doctor would give a prescription for Prozac on the say so of a husband without examining the patient. The other thing was the drone strike.....in the middle of Washington....if you were trying to keep a murder quiet why not tell the military because they are so good at keeping secrets.

Of course what would one of my comments be on these stories without asking, where was the erotic part?

Enough of the negative, it was still a four star story.

firemanlitfiremanlitalmost 10 years ago

Despite the previous comments, I liked the story. We all like to see the bully, liar, crooked politician and cheating wife get there just due.

No, not a Tom Clancy novel. but I think 400 pages is not the style of Literotica.

Thank you Francis

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
Great tale!

Definitely an original idea, and very well written! It looks like you asked yourself the question: "Who would be the ultimate Asshole for a cheating wife to cheat with?" The answer? "The President of the United States."

Then you asked yourself the question: "How would Tom Clancy handle it?" and this tale was the result.

I tend to stay out of discussions about politics, so this will be no different. Great fictional rendering of a power-hungry Asshole who believes he can play God with others' lives and buy his way out of trouble when murder fails.

Best use of a confirmation hearing I've ever seen! LOL

5 HUGE Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
W O W

If this doesn't make the all time list nothing should. The President's wife played it perfectly. She knew how unravel Mr. Pressman. Brilliant. Perfection.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Quite a Novel idea

Right out of a David Baldacci novel ...........

eworceworcalmost 10 years ago
Good story, but ...

Good story, but I would prefer the author to have tied up a few loose ends such as what happened to the two wives and the unborn child.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyalmost 10 years ago
Too predictable

from the very beginning, and, of course, too stupid. Only a too lazy author would use a drone strike in downtown Washington as a plot device. Has Macomber ever heard of "a chain of command?" Will the army (or c.i.a.) blindly follow an order to use a drone strike? And the affair? Come on....unless it was carried out in the little kitchen next to the oval office during a government shutdown it just would be impossible. The motive? An heir? Again, come on, how could the president claim to be the father when the adoption which listed another man as the father was public record. At one time, not too long ago Francis Macomber was a pretty good writer here. This story deserves a 3 (grammar pretty good) but it should have been in the science fiction-fantasy section. What happened between our protagonist and his wife in the years before his nomination...did he conduct an affair with the secret service agent?

A lazy attempt at a daring story. Lame. And, unless someone calls down a drone strike at Laurel's office, Francis Macomber has made it unto my list of "DO NOT READ" authors.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
a little over the top BUT

I do enjoy your stories thanks 5

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Interesting story and interesting comments...

I agree with some of the comments, however, this story is still an entertaining read. The ultimate solution to the mystery does explain Catherine's behavior towards her husband. Sad that she killed their baby, though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Where are the BTB guys?

No one suggested putting a Hellfire up her cheating ass? I'm shocked...shocked.

Actually, I would like to have learned of the wife's reaction when she learned that the Penis in Chief attempted to kill her husband. Did she then turn against Cap? Did she apologize to her husband?

A 5 for sure.

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
Excellent story...

Loved it. Thank you.

oshawoshawalmost 10 years ago

A very entertaining story. Thank you.

PultoyPultoyalmost 10 years ago
Intriguing

Fine story, big subject. I'd have been interested to read a little more of Jake's wife's reactions and the consequences she faced, along with a little anguish, but this is yours to tell and you did it well.

Thanks for writing.

5*

Best regards,

-Pultoy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Damn Son! I said damn! And Thank You!

Great story!

Still, my guess is that if in real life, he had gone to the Big House, he wouldn't have come back. Or at least without a little medical "therapy." Sad, but true.

JusttooldJusttooldalmost 10 years ago
good

This is one of those stories where you read the first page and know where the story is going. Surprise it didn't go that way. Great read liked it a lot.

rjordanrjordanalmost 10 years ago
Excellent story with one flaw

It's difficult to pinpoint when this might take place, but it's quite a ways into the future. Hillary won't be leaving office before 2024 and this took place in Cap's second term. That's at least 15 years from now. However, inexplicably, you have CNN covering Jake's testimony. Obviously, that can't happen. Twelve years from now CNN will be too busy using second generation holograms to cover the 2014 Malaysian Airlines disappearance.

Otherwise, I loved the story.

rj

dmhackdmhackalmost 10 years ago
Tedious

Another great story. Another five stars. You're soooo predictable. Thank God.

Oh, and to the guy worried about when this story could have taken place... it's fiction. Relax.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Don't know which is more fictitious

The story or some of the comments... lol

Tim413Tim413almost 10 years ago
Muy excelente!

I didn't see the "heir" issue arising so I assumed the fathers were reversed. Nice twist. How many other authors have failed to describe hubby's wardrobe the day after he was locked out of the master BR? 100% would be my guess. In real life, the most likely outcome would have been that the Pres. would have been impeached and then convicted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good read

as expected.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great Plot

Can't wait for the movie.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 10 years ago
Fun but dumb

Fun read but too many silly ideas to be a good story. Drone strikes? Why not just have one agent slit a throat? SS agent running protection for him? And the prez not knowing.

Didn't gel for me.

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 10 years ago
*****+

Good read, Frank. Enjoyed it very much. Kudos to you! Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Curious

Very entertaining, and a plausible episode for the TV show 'Scandal'. Only one disappointment, not enough to drop the score, but enquiring minds want to know...what happened to the pregnant presidents mistress Catherine? Her lover went to jail, where did she end up????

DunaDunaalmost 10 years ago
Different

Good fable story to show the different to be in the feudalism and the freedom. A king-emperor could give fortune, ranch to the husband of his mistress..........now this is more difficult for an elected president.

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
A Delightful Romp

True love did not win in the end..... Because they tried too hard. It would have been interesting to give Laura time to explain herself to us..... The second chapter is more or less falsified by this new one. Of course it was not in the first person so we really did not get deep enough...

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 10 years ago
I liked it

Thw criticisms of others I share,the lack of anything from the wife is glaring,for example,and the drone attack is a bit much.Yes,the Dr. would not prescribe prozac like that [speaking if the dr,what happened to her?] and the ending was kind of short..but it is still a FM special,and thanks!

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Silly

A silly story without much real feeling because it is so far fetched. Still, an amusing male fantasy for losers that want to strike back at the Alpha's out there.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 10 years ago
I liked it

Paraphrasing "greater love hath no man than to lay down his wife for his Persident."

Entertaining tale, and as a single senator had real power, it takes place in fiction.

yeah all those suggestions to make it better, but it was quite good as is.

Chilley

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 10 years ago
Cute ... but ...

OK, it was a fun read. Would power EVER be abused by POTUS? Gee, read a paper (just - not NYT). BUT ... we see the total amateur, making massive errors while assuaging his anger, lucking out (with, granted, a bit of professional help) and foiling a really impressive and dedicated assemblage.

First, Hubby would have been compromised years before, with drug availability, hot ass and heavy debt. Sweetie would have helped him gain a major player reputation. Second, if we grant the groundwork only starts as presented, Dr. Liu was JUST as unethical by mentioning Sweetie's prior (medically induced) abortion as she would have been to let Hubby get his hands on it! That would NOT have happened!

Second, if POTUS wanted an inconvenient hubby gone, he would be GONE. And a HellFire missile is the most videogenic way to do it, but is not even a contender in reality. Resident Weevil is right ... a knife in the throat, a drive-by with a cheap 9mm, or just a hit-and-run by a car-jacked 1993 Ford F150. Not nearly as sexy, much more reliable! Then POTUS can eventually marry the young widowed mother and adopt the kid!

4*. (Far exceeded the 'suspension of disbelief' quota!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A nice fantasy .a lot of Improbabilities

A hell fire missile ,in Washington that is just not going to happen , it would raise to much attention. If you wanted him dead he would have been shot or had his throat cut. To make it look like a robbery in a bad neighborhood . Now the presidents wife had all the evidence she needed to destroy him and in America why would you. Make a son out of wedlock with you mistress for a heir to what throne this is 2014.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 10 years ago
Another winner...

...You seldom disappoint and this one was no exception.

looking4itlooking4italmost 10 years ago
Meh

Always a well written story but just kind of sputtered at the end. Going from an assassination attempt to bribery just seemed backward. Read like an easy way out of a complicated plot.

patilliepatilliealmost 10 years ago
Started so strongm but end was not satisgying.

I mean what happened to the wife? How did ne prove the baby was not his? So many chances to explain, and expound, but the author did not do that.

Was not satisfying in the end.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loved it

Brilliant story. Well crafted. One of your best. Five stars.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 10 years ago
To the "super-realists" out there:

Do you people do the same thing to Tom Clancy novels? This one reads like a Tom Clancy novel with a cheating wife in it. The similarities are that BOTH Frank Mac and Tom Clancy stretch the bounds of probability to near the breaking point. So what? Granted, if Frank Mac had wanted to, he could have made it 5 more pages easily. Personally, I'd like to find out what happened to Wifey and Asshole's Wifey too, but the tale as written was still excellent.

Doesn't matter if it stretches the bounds of probability, though. It was ENTERTAINING. If you want NON-fiction, go to your local bookstore, or to Amazon or Smashwords, and pick up a NON-fiction book.

Also, this one was FREE. Going to complain about that, too?

Peace. /steps down from the soapbox

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Another wimp tale

This Jake character is everything but clever or sharp rather is an idiot or wimp, its a shame of end.

cw159cw159almost 10 years ago
Excellent yarn

Overall, a great tale of hubris even to the shame and humiliation of the victim (Jack) for the pleasure and gratification of the abuser (the President). Almost a Greek tragedy in the writing of the story using that concept. I have to say I enjoyed it enough to stay up long after bedtime to read it.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 10 years ago
Good story with some big holes

First, as a political intrigue story it was great. I loved the turnaround slapdown of the president in front of a public and televised hearing where it could not be stopped or "edited". And while the First Lady was mostly a background character, it was really HER victory. Without her help he would have never discovered what was going on and would never have been able to gather the evidence he needed. Jake's only significant contribution was having moral character in the face of temptation. Beyond that, he was the target. The target of the plot to use him as a cuckold husband, the target of the president and his "wife's" arrogance, and the literal target of the drone. He stumbles through the story almost curelessly as Helen and the First Lady (and her father I'm sure) guide him to his awareness and solution.

The big hole is Catherine. I almost get an arrogant ass like the president. It's hard for me to grasp someone as nakedly arrogant as he seems to be but I get it. He also gets to explain himself and his intentions.

But Catherine is more of a mystery. Is she also super arrogant? Is she a submissive to the president? I'm not saying that there is any possible excuse for her behavior, just that I don't know what kind of person she really is. We KNOW what kind of person the president is. His little meeting laid it all out. Catherine? Not so much. Most of what we know has been subterfuge. And what happens to Catherine. The president is a bastard but owes nothing to Jake. Catherine? Her whole relationship with Jake seems to have been a plot. Her's is the greatest betrayal. What is the cost to her? That the press is hounding her for answers? That's all we see for sure. We can speculate about her lover disgraced and in jail, her career ruined but that's all speculation. We saw the president get his. Why not Catherine as well? Was the baby born? This leaves the story very incomplete.

For a story supposedly about Jake and Catherine, it was more about the president and First Lady. Enjoyable but incomplete.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
BRILLIANT AND EXCITING

a wonderful plot. With an expected but satisfiying ending. A brilliant story of political power and its misdeeds

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
4*s

Excellent story!!

But the idea, plot much to big for 5 pages. You know. Lack of development of the

young couple. Lack of plot explaining the corruption of her by the future prez. Lack

of emotional impact. Lack, lack ......

Well ,now why did I give 4*s ? Oh yeah reputation! Overall body of work. My fail,lol

AMerryMan

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 10 years ago
PREDICTABLE kind of Boring and a rushed ending

To me what's really the impressive of the number of people who think that this is a good story. I think is fair to say that this could have been a great story but in fact it's a little below average.

To begin with it's quite predictable and it's obvious from the end of the first page that the baby is not Jakes. So if the author r was going for any sort of surprise he failed completely.

SECOND once the president makes the offers Jake to become Atty. general of United States if he plays along keeps his mouth shut ... there has been quite a bit of time between that offer and the dramatic hearings in front of the senate where he makes his opening statement.

WEEKS? MONTHS ? What happens to Jake and his cunt whore wife throughout all of this time? Does he e ever move back into the house? Does the wife ever try and contact him again to explain " things" to him?

Ultimately the story partially story fails because it goes for such a huge massive conspiracy that once the conspiracy is blown/ discovered the story comes to an end without knowing what happens to people like Jake and the cunt whore wife.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3almost 10 years ago
Typical FM Story...

Lots of intrigue and undercover work with high muckety mucks (First Lady) to get to what I consider a classic FM ending. However, I do agree that there are a couple pages of information on Catherine missing. How did she answer the medias questions at the hearing? What happened to her aside from Jake divorcing her? What happened to the baby she was carrying? The collusion between Catherine & the President should have been developed better as should have been the trial of the President. Too bad we can't (or don't want to) pin serious criminal activities on the current resident of the White House.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Nice

How 'bout that? Imagine, the President of the United States having an affair? And getting caught? And going to jail because of an attempt on the life of the husband of the cunt? Let's just call him the prick ex-president jailbird.

Nice fantasy.

Five Stars

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
A CLOSING BEING USED

as an opener and acceptance. TK U MLJ LV NV

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Levels

One of the things which marks a quality story is the research and details: the Sooner (or is it Cornhusjer) motto; the model or helicopter used in Marine One etc.

It adds to the story and makes it seem richer.

Despite that, it was a bridge too far. Drones?

This should have been 10 to 15 pages to do it justice. It was an outline of what it should have been...and I mean a George Lucas first draft.

Fun? Yes. As good as I expect from FM? No.

greowulfgreowulfalmost 10 years ago
Too Predictable

The details were great here, yes, but where was the suspense and conflict from other FM offerings? You knew from the moment they walked actoss the White House lawn in the first few paragraphs who the father was. If there were any doubts, the wife's attitude confirmed it, and the abortion clinched it. The meeting with the first lady and the SS romantic interest was more of the same--just padding. I had hopes from his conversation with his wife that there would be a twist, but it was a twist that never came.

At this point it feels like you're just going through the motions. Please pull out the imagination with the next one!

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 10 years ago
I'm afraid....

some of these fellers take themselves a little too seriously. Consider where you read this tale for goodness sake! For this venue, this was just an outstanding story!

IT DESERVED THE FIVE STARS I GAVE IT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Oh Francis...

I flipped you a fiver because you write well but...

Drones in D.C.?

Presidential conspiracy to commit murder so he can have a kid?

Getting back and forth from Falls Church to Hopkins in a day in that traffic?

A President actually going to jail. That ought to scare the war criminal down in Crawford huh.

I'd like to add security at Hopkins is probably tighter than at the White House because of thing like the mtDNA.

A Massachusetts Senator supporting an Oklahoman for the Presidency? Massachusetts is our nations bluest state, Oklahoma its reddest.

It was still kind of fun to read though.

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 10 years ago
Great story and .....

It's obvious she didn't love him as a husband, but I would have like to see what Catherine had to say! Did she love him at all? Ever? That's sad to think it was nothing but a cover!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Catherine Joins The Ranks

What ranks you ask? The ranks of Presidential Whore along with Monica.

I sure would love to have some insight into how this all ended up affecting Catherine.

I being a BTB guy would love to have her miscarry again and end up childless.

Serve the bitch right.

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
Great story.....

Well written. Thanks for the effort.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
PEOPLE WONDER IF THIS STORY COULD BE TRUE

what else is there we will never be privy to. TK U MLJ LV NV

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
well.........

Some parts are over the top, drone strike in D.C. for example (much easier to use human assassins)

Could be if it was in Montana or some other isolated place.

But as to the possibility of abuse of the powers of office, well there might be a few isolated tribes in the jungles that don't know real world examples of that.

Once you start looking into it you find so much and going so far back that you have a hard time referring to D.C. as anything but District of Corruption or District of Criminals.

iloveADiloveADalmost 10 years ago
Great story

Would like to hear of the final days of the conniving bitch but very good story. A little "erotica" would be nice tho. 5stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Excellent tale, but really could of used a followup.

Seems Catherine basically got away scot-free (other than being divorced). There definitely should of been major pain suffered by her for being a cheater for at least 8 years and for murdering his child (abortion).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Nice story but....

I could have done with a little more at the end. What happened to the First Lady? What happened to Catherine? What happened in the intervening year after he made his dramatic announcement and then ended up driving to Nebraska with Helen? Why was Helen with him? Was he divorced? Was the First Lady still helping him? What happened to Dr Liu? So many questions. So little of them answered. Good story as far as it went. Needed some more.

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
AS WITH ALL POLITICAL SCANDALS AND MISDEEDS

we will only know what they want us to know and probably never the truth. TK U MLJ LV NV

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago
Clever stroy, slapstick comments

Well FM, another complex tale of people destroying their own lives. I thought the ending was perfect.

Providing those of us who enjoy thinking about what we read with the opportunity to consider the possibilities.

Now for the commentaries. Consider those who are pissed off at FM because he did not describe what happened to the character of Catherine.

Criticizing FM for his failure to provide an explanation for her behavior and for failing to provide the 'appropriate' gruesome punishments afterwords.

If you checked back across their previous posted commentaries, invariably those exact same names criticized the authors for providing the 'Evil Wife' with an opportunity to explain her whys and wherefores.

FM, I know it would be malicious but funny if you would release an expanded version of this story with Catherine attempting to justify her behavior.

And then we could sit back at laugh at these dolts as they spew their vitriolic whines that you voiced her reasoning.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Read***

Very entertaining Thanks for sharing.

phil2213phil2213over 9 years ago
Extremely great story with a weak ending

I still rated this a five but I was flabbergasted by the loose ends and unanswered questions at the end. However, your miticulous character development and story description is magnificent. I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

DWornockDWornockover 9 years ago
I agree with phil2213 that the ending was weak--actually very unrealistic.

Basically a very well written and creative story. However, in addition to the unrealistic ending, it has flaws. The dna obtained from hair snips is very limited, you need the hair roots. Knowing that the president is attempting to kill him he wouldn't be calling and threating his wife--the mistress of the president. And, I agree with others that a missile strike would not be the method to kill him and that there are many ways that would not attract so much attention.

And, even if the president wanted a baby it is not plausible he would use that method. It would be simpler to impregnate a couple of women and for him and his wife to adopt the baby or babies with no one knowing he is the biological father.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

i pray to god that common sense prevails

lets hope that such could never come to pass.

well written, interesting take on betrayl, contempt, honesty & retribution.

it's a story..a fiction ..make believe..and thats how i have to interpret it.

enjoyed it , voted it 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
REMEMBER

PHD stands for "piled higher and deeper". So much for "higher education".

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 9 years ago
second read

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. He wanted an heir. He wanted a legacy. He got them.

jakes wife though should have gone to jail as well. This story had such high potential but fizzled at the end. Also the military officers should have been spending time in Leavenworth. Posse comitatus still applies not to mention the whole murder thing.

sadly this story while rating a five needed more depth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wonderful story

I have read some stores by the same author.

but this one stopped short of a great finish

what happen to his ex wife

did Jake and Helen hook up,have babies

live in Montana

give Mrs Pressman grand babies,

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Still fun to read . . .

over and over again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Yep, still fun to read.

Would of like some poetic followup justice on the cheating wife.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
I AM SURE THAT THIS AND WORSE HAS OCCURED

past, present and future, TK U MLJ LV NV

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
While it would be nice to have Catherine punished, she broke no laws you cam prove.

While adultery is illegal in some states and countries, you're unlikely to be able to prove which ones she committed it in.

You can't prove she ever intended to defraud her husband even though she wasn't really interested in the spirit of the marriage. Though that's a funny thought - not that she cheated on her husband but rather that she "loved" Pressman and was willing to whore herself out to her "husband" to keep it a secret. And that Pressman was ok with it too.

Even if Pressman DID knowingly try to have her husband killed, you can't prove she had ANY knowledge of that.

And if there were an abortion option at that hospital, abortion couldn't be illegal there - though doing it because it's the wrong man's baby is sleezy. But being sleezy isn't against the law either.

And unfortunately, proving Pressman had any direct knowledge of the drone stroke is pretty unlikely. Probably the best you'd be able to get is a case bad on circumstantial evidence - "who with a better motive to have Jake killed than his wife's lover...?"

Interesting story nonetheless...

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 9 years ago
interesting

Ir would have been interesting to read about anither gas tank explosion. Unfortunately, the ex presidents , ex aide was killed in this unfortunate accident. She was eight months pregnant.

Cassy16Cassy16about 9 years ago
corruption

corruption and abuse of power is endemic in the US government, not only the whitehouse.

great story thanks

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Why Is He Still In Danger?

With Pressman under arrest, and all the evidence made public, what can be gained by his death?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
sbrooks103

Revenge. Possibly one of the most primal emotions.

One thing not mentioned was the disposition of his ex wife. I'm sure there was a lot of embarrassment for her, but a little BTB could have been in order. She might have gone on to write a book saying how she was coerced into the relationship and was just a pawn in the whole affair. She becomes rich from the book royalties and speaking engagements. Of course I like to think that the presidents ex wife and her father, the senator, see to it that she always has a menial minimum wage job and is hounded by the tabloids for the rest of her miserable life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good Story

But that's not how it happened. The President wasn't from Oklahoma and when it comes to that much Power, infidelity is insignificant. Especially, when the First Lady is currently running for President.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Top notch writing

I'm not a person to flatter but this could be expanded upon and turned into a viable screenplay. 5 stars and you're only the fourth LE writer to get those from me.

RedPillRedPillalmost 9 years ago

Jake was as dumb as a box of rocks. Only with the first lady and her father pulling the strings could he pull off the revenge. But then he had to be dumb to be fooled for years by his slut of a wife, who never loved him at all.

Nonetheless, an entertaining and well written tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
nice

First an admonishment to the previous commenter: Dude you can't explain away the genius of Francis Mac. The story is short and engaging while giving us all the desire of hope that there remains ONE honest person left in DC (hahaha)

Excellent short story!

ErotFanErotFanover 8 years ago
Loved this cloak and dagger story

Sounds like a good outline for a novella.

Certainly could fill pages with Catherine interaction, both before the admission and the three ensuing months.

Pressman needs fleshed out a little to make him more than just a cartoon character. More of his interaction with Catherine.

Helen is the most under developed of the principals. She needs more exposure.

A truly excellent 5-starer. I've Faved it.

shadowdustershadowdusterover 8 years ago
Needs another chapter

Would like to hear what happene to ex-wife after he droped bombshell. And how he presidents wife helped to get even with her ex.

Plus want to know where he and Helen ended up and what they did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
A novel idea

Fleshed out - with considerable detail - your story would make 'the New York Times'

best seller list!

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 8 years ago
Terrific story.

Very well written. Five stars +.

One tiny point: the Archbishop's name was plain Thomas Becket - the "à" was a mistake that crept in a couple of centuries later.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Further Thoughts

I’m sorry, but miscarriage depression or not, for a wife to ask her husband to leave the room while she changes clothes is weird.

"Just wait until tomorrow,” – NOW she’s concerned? Where was all that concern when he was begging her to get help?

I, too, would like a sequel about what happened to his ex.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Still love it. Again, a very rich storyline but too truncated to be an all time classic.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago

It is hard to conceive of how this husband was so clueless as to the charade being perpetrated by his wife. Has to be the biggest idiot ever. She clearly had zero love for him and simply fades in the story. The president becomes front and center. That shift in focus is what spoiled the potentially delicious ending.

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereabout 8 years ago
Has anyone noticed that most husbands in Francis' stories

are dumber than stumps about their what their wives are doing? Also notice that these same husbands appear to be retarded when faced with almost any new information? They seem to just freeze and their mouths pop open. It appears most of his guys are suffering from temporary paralysis, makes for long and slow stories.

Haven't figured out yet why the two are headed for Nebraska.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
THIS WELL EDUCATED LAW FIRM ATTORNEY HUSBAND WHO'S WORKED AROUND POLITICIANS HAS TO BE A BLIND, TOTALLY DUMBFUCK STUMBLEBUM WEINIE.

[[[“Jake nodded, still distraught at the loss of their baby but somewhat consoled by the doctor's words. "What about Catherine? Can I see her?"

"We gave her something to make her sleep, but you can go look in on her if you'd like."]]] I’d say to that arrogant fucking Dr., “Who the hell do you think you are and who gave you the right to decide to put my wife to sleep before we had a chance to talk to each other?”

He found out about the abortion and he lets her walk away and lock him out of their bedroom.... and then goes to work the next day in the same clothes because he can't get to his clean underwear and a change of clothes? Gee.... What a man SHE is. She's had the pansy right where she wants it by 'watering' it for the past seven years with the occasional fuck. The dainty, sensitive fairy didn't have the balls to kick their fucking bedroom door in and demand that the dirty bitch tell him why she had his baby MURDERED.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
REALLY ANNONY!!!!!!

You're suck a bad ass you're fucking scared to even let LIT readers know your fucking name. Tough guy ...yea like Donald fucking Duck!!! Go peddle your bull shit elsewhere dumbass. Bonnie is right you are the ASSHOLE OF LIT! So to helpthis writer I'll give the story a 5. fuck you asshole of LIT

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumabout 8 years ago
Response to EXursusRhere

by EXursusRhere

02/17/16

Has anyone noticed that most husbands in Francis' stories

are dumber than stumps about their what their wives are doing? Also notice that these same husbands appear to be retarded when faced with almost any new information? They seem to just freeze and their mouths pop open. It appears most of his guys are suffering from temporary paralysis, makes for long and slow stories.

**** YUP AND IT'S ANNOYING AS HELL. MIGHT BE SHE'S A MAN HATER WITH A DEEP SEATED CONTEMPT FOR MEN. PORTRAYING THEM AS INCOMPETENT GOOFS, NO MATTER HOW SUCCESSFUL THEY ARE PROFESSIONALLY, GREATLY DETRACTS FROM WHAT WOULD OTHERWISE BE VERY GOOD STORIES.

Haven't figured out yet why the two are headed for Nebraska.

**** COULD BE BECAUSE THEY HAVE VAST CORNFIELDS TO HIDE OUT IN.

Lo_PanLo_Panabout 8 years ago
@Slipperysaddlebum:

Might want to check details before you go challenging someone..... FrancisMacomber is a male... According to his bio.

jiminabjiminabalmost 8 years ago
sorry

That should have been a 5. I was looking to back to the first page and I hit the wrong one. Sorry. Jim

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous