All Comments on 'Act of Necessity Ch. 07-08'

by coaster2

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 7 years ago
Entertaining plot line

Looking forward to the ensuing chapters. Very smooth, consistent, easy to read prose. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Nice thriller love story. Awaiting the conclusion.

bruce22bruce22over 6 years ago
The Dark Chapter

The murder does not leave me very happy even though it was possibly the best solution to a difficult situation.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
There had to have been a better solution

Dal and her three brothers. Her family and friends. Two hired thugs. Any combination of protectors pay him a group meeting and impress upon him the consequences of his behaviour if he doesn't change his ways.

After drifting down the river for months the body would have so many bumps and bruises, to single out one as the fatal blow would be impossible.

Didn't need to go dark.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 6 years ago
Wow

I like your stories because they don’t include violence.

It really cast a bad light on my feeling for Dal. Like another commenter said there could have been a better solution.

loragassloragassover 6 years ago
The Good Book

Says to turn the other cheek, it does not say what to do once that cheek is slapped also. Aldo did not just slap one, he kept returning and threatening to slap more than both cheeks. Dal felt, and justifiable so, that Aldo was not inclined to stop coming unless forced to do so. IMO

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Can't

root for Dal now. Handled it like a pussy.

waifwaifalmost 5 years ago
The Nature of Menacing Behavior

Everything Aldo did in this story was a direct threat. Any idiot that makes such a threat without intending to follow through is living on borrowed time. You never point a loaded gun without the conviction that you will use it. You never issue a threat unless you have the will to follow through.

Aldo demonstrated by his assault that he had no problem with dealing grievous bodily harm to someone he did not know. Moreover he was dumb enough to believe that this person would not see the act as something he needed to deal with. The fact that he compounded his mistake by issuing a further threat was suicide. Aldo basically signed his own death warrant by issuing a threat to someone who took it serious enough to decide to remove the threat.

Suicide.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Great story, Aldo got exactly what he deserved. Dallas was justified in what he did to Aldo as Aldo and crew would have had no problem in ending Dallas. Self preservation 5 stars

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Firstly I’m enjoying the story, secondly mr schwanze1 and Co are entirely out of line, as is anyone that thinks a slim guy working a clerical job should go toe to toe with a heavy muscular guy and think that’s a fair fight. You choose your own advantage, if your heavy, muscular and not clever go with your fists, if you’re light and have some brains choose your ground, choose your weapons and choose your time. Only big guys think turning up to a fist fight with a knife or gun is unfair, try being a small guy and see how that goes. Idiots.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

story idea is good, just poor or average dialogue and story pace.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

How sad to live in a country that doesn’t allow innocent people to protect themselves from thugs.

God made man and Sam Colt made men free.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous