All Comments on 'Acts of Faith Ch. 01'

by Abraxis

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
FiveWolvesFiveWolvesalmost 8 years ago
Unrealistic hopes

I know HEA can be a cop out, but I really, really want these women to be together and NOT IN SECRET.

openeyes2openeyes2almost 8 years ago
Great story!

This is a fun read. The ass crack comment on pg 5 is one of the funniest things I have read on this site. This a fictional story so It can and should go in any direction you want. Explore the possible and impossible. Dare to bare!

IlliterateScholarIlliterateScholarover 3 years ago

"The Rapists"? (pg 3)

Since you mentioned the pope just prior to that remark, I'm going to assume you meant "The Catholics", but you felt like it would be funny to bring up the priest rape scandals. Listen, I know Catholicism isn't going to find a lot of allies on this website, but calling out a whole religion based on what a small subset of its members did is just wrong. Since the priests doing the raping targeted young males, and priests are all male, you could use the same logic to call gay men rapists, which is bullshit.

Rape is about power, and that is why it is easy to find rapists in leadership professions. Priests, pastors, cops, politicians, and corporate executives are the types of jobs to which people who are demented and broken enough to consider rape would be drawn. It has nothing at all to do with sexual orientation, political stance, age, gender, or religion, so don't try to blame Catholicism for those rapes.

Where the Catholics went wrong was that they covered it up and tried to push it under the rug, and that had nothing to do with the faith itself. It had to do with the internal politics of their leadership.

I think most organised religion is broken because people have been writing dogma to exert power over the masses. The whole "condoms are illegal" thing the Catholics do is most likely an ancient dogma that was born of the need for more followers (it is way easier to fuck more Catholics into existence that it is to convert ancient polytheistic heathens to Christianity), for instance. However, people have the right to believe whatever they want to believe, so try not to resort to vile ad hominem remarks in your writing. I'm not Catholic, or even Christian, for that matter, but throwing the "rapist" label around really pushed me away from this story, even though I think I would have really liked it otherwise. Besides, enough people out there have really been forced to endure rape and all the suffering that follows after it, so calling a bunch of people who by and large are decent human beings rapists kinda dilutes a term that should only be used to describe the true lowest, most disgusting form of humanity in the universe.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous