Adam's Advertisement Pt. 04

Story Info
Happy ever after take two! …or… not…
11.8k words
4.77
4.9k
6

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 11/25/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

----

Fred

----

"Hey that's mine!" Rhys yelled at me as I grabbed a beer from the fridge.

"I need it more." I grunted. "Get you back."

"Better asshole." He looked up at me and frowned. "You ok?" He said. I swallowed.

"Uh." I stammered.

Because, well, no.

Would you be?

Would you be ok if it turns out your boyfriend is hooking up in a hotel room? And not just a normal hookup... Jesus Christ. I never even guessed he was into that.

And once the shock and the nausea had started to abate I just...

"Are you crying?" Rhys said incredulously.

"No!" I sniffed. Yeah. Convincing stuff. Rhys stared at me, his mouth open. Yeah. I mean. We just don't you know? We just don't show emotion in front of each other. Ever. I glared at him and pretended he wasn't all blurry.

"Dude, you ok?" Rhys said quietly.

"Fine." I said. He snorted.

"Well, you're not fine. Wanna talk?"

"No."

"Ok. Wanna play Mario Kart?"

"Not really."

"Ok. Well. On a scale of 1 to 10 how likely are you to top yourself if I let you go back to your room right now?" I sniffed.

"Fuck off." I said.

"Come on." He said. I shook my head. "Ah." He said. "Scared you'll lose?"

"Since when have I ever lost to you?"

"First time for everything." I reluctantly grabbed two more beers and went to sit beside him. He handed me a controller without looking at me. We started playing, and I tried to wipe my face surreptitiously. He cleared his throat. "Is it a family thing?" He said. I sniffed.

"No." I said. I cleared my throat. "Look, dude I'm ok. Just caught me at a bad time."

"Is it a..."

"Shut up."

"Hey! What would you do if you saw me crying?"

"Ask where you'd stashed the body of the real Rhys." He laughed.

"Exactly. What's up Freddo? Seriously? Maybe I can help."

"You can't." My mouth twitched. "Its... gay stuff."

"Like gay gay or..."

"Like gay gay."

"Oh. Did you and Wil break up?"

"Not yet."

"Oh." He paused to cheer as he beat me. "That sucks man, sorry." I shrugged. And then my phone lit up and I glanced at it. Rhys saw. "Answer it." He said. I turned it over. "Pussy." He said. I shook my head.

"Nope. Just not ready." Rhys nodded slowly.

"What happened?" He said. I glanced at him.

"He hooked up with another guy." I said. Rhys grunted.

"What a cunt."

"I know." Rhys swore as he almost died.

"I'm so sorry man."

"Yeah." I sighed. "Thanks."

--- --- ---

I walked off site the next day with my head hanging low and felt a hand in my shoulder. I glanced up and frowned.

"I'm sorry." He said. That guy. The one Matt lived with. I opened my mouth, confused. "I sent you that video." He said. I found I had to take a seat.

"You... Why? How? What?"

"Wil sent it to me." He sighed and sat next to me. "I was jealous. I wanted to fuck with you because he chose you over me." He said slowly. My brain started falling apart and I stared at him.

"Wil?" I whispered. "But... You were...?" He looked at me and gently took my hand.

"Sorry." He said. "This is probably a lot. But yeah." He squeezed my hand. "Wil and I, for a bit." He winced. "You were the other guy. I fucking hated you... Shit. I'm sorry. I've been kicking myself. I shouldn't have..." He pulled his hand away suddenly. "Ah, look. I already fucked up. Look, just call Wil and ask him for the truth ok? I shouldn't have got involved." I grabbed his wrist as he stood up. I swallowed.

"You're already involved." I frowned at him. He avoided my eye and I dug my nails into his wrist. "Wait." He glanced at me and I held his gaze. "What... what am I missing?" I said hopelessly. He squeezed my shoulder with a sigh.

"Do you have time for a drink?' He said. "Let's talk."

----

Adam took me to Tanuki's and ordered for both of us as I started into the distance.

"What do you drink?" He asked. "You don't want to do this sober, trust me." I shrugged.

"Anything except Malbec." I mumbled. Wil's favourite. Adam shrugged and ordered in a language I didn't speak. We sat in silence until the wine arrived and he poured it for me and sighed.

"So... I guess.... I'm really sorry for sending you that video." He said.

"Don't be." I said bitterly. "Fuck, I knew he was cagey, but fucking hell." Adam grabbed my hand as I almost slammed it against the table. His eyes flashed.

"I know you're upset, but can you behave in public?" I frowned and dropped my gaze to the table.

"Sorry." I mumbled. He sighed and squeezed my hand.

"You're ok." He said softly, stroking little circles on the back of my hand. "This is my fault."

"It's not your fault! It's Wil's fault!"

"Shh." I bit my lip and nodded. I really needed to stop causing a scene. "So.... can I... well, can I help at all?" He said awkwardly. "Anything I can do, really, I owe you after..." I shook my head and squeezed his hand back.

"If anything I owe you." I sighed. "I was really falling for him. I mean... hook, fucking line and sinker... I would have asked him to marry me." I laughed coldly and Adam bit his lip. "How fucking naieve am I?" I asked him. "Was it just... the video you sent or...?" Adam inhaled.

"Oooh." He said. "I don't know, truly." He pulled his hand away from mine and dropped it to his lap. "Look- he and I were... well, I thought we were pretty serious. And then he's all over YOU at some dinner party, and pretending I didn't exist..." I looked at him. Oh, right. I'd almost forgotten. Adam sighed. "I should have known better, since he started seeing me when he was still engaged to Matt...."

"Wait, they were engaged?!" Adam paused and looked at me thoughtfully.

"Did you not know that?" I shook my head. "So you don't know why they... Anyway, he met up with me a couple of times since he started seeing you..." I winced. Ouch. "And then he told me we could keep seeing each other occasionally, but you know, he was choosing you for now.... And then, I guess just to fucking... wind me up he teased me with that video- and... I snapped. But that wasn't fair to you, and I'm really sorry." I felt the wind knocked out of me. It felt even worse than when I'd been punched.

"No way." I whispered. Adam sighed.

"You saw the video."

I didn't want to believe it. Not for a second. It was going to destroy me. I knew Wil! He was soft! He was honest when he'd fucked up! And he was the one who'd been cheated on... or maybe that was all lies. Maybe he was the cunt all along.

And I HAD seen the video.

"Fuck." I said. I felt tears slipping down my face and Adam moved to sit next to me and hold me.

"I know." He whispered. "Me too, pet."

---- ----

Adam called me an Uber and told me to text him.

"You need time to process." He said. "But... I'm here." I clutched at his hand and he slowly pried my fingers off him. He smiled softly as he bid me goodbye. "I can almost understand." He said, running his eyes over me.

"Huh?"

"I can see why someone would choose you." He said. And he closed the door and the car drove away.

----

I got home and stole more beer and paced the flat for a minute.

And then, like a sensible guy who doesn't jump to conclusions, I called Wil.

"Darling." He whispered into the phone. My heart twisted. Ugh. I missed him sooo much.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." I could hear him smiling. "How are you, Freddie? Where have you been?" I bit my lip.

"Hey Wil. I..." My throat felt dry. "Is... did..." I paused and tried again. "You and Adam...?" I heard the intake of breath.

"Oh... shit. Freddie..."

"Don't!" I said. "You..."

"I..."

"Don't lie to me."

"We..."

"So it's true."

"Fred!" He sounded panicked. "It was just..."

"Fuck you."

"Freddie..."

"Fuck. You." And like an idiot who jumps to conclusions way too fast.... I slammed down the phone.

All I could hear was the beating of my heart. I wanted to scream but I opened my mouth and all that came out was an ugly, harsh sob. I curled up and cried until I had no more tears.

--- ---- ---- ---

I avoided talking to my friends, or going on social media, or calling back my mother. I went to work, and smoked durries through our breaks, and went to bed with a bong.

Three days of that and I called Adam.

"I'm sad." I said. He cleared his throat.

"I'm at work." He said softly. "But I could make time tonight?"

"Yes please."

He met me in Ostro, which I've obviously heard of but had never been to, and I felt way out of my depth. I stared at the building, not even exactly knowing where the entrance was, and gulped. I felt an arm around my waist and blinked down at Adam.

"Christ, you're tall." He said with a laugh. "Come on." He pulled me in. Apparently everyone knew who he was, we were ushered to a table in seconds, and people were bringing him bread and wine without him saying a word. I frowned.

"Are you a big deal?" I asked flatly. He laughed.

"In certain circles, maybe." He said. "It doesn't matter, Freddie."

"Fred." I mumbled. "No one calls me Freddie." Well. One person. Adam smiled.

"Ok Fred." He said. "What are you drinking tonight, pet?' I glanced at him and raised an eyebrow. But he was looking at the menu. Hmm. Maybe he was just one of those like... weirdly affectionate older gays.

"Beer?" I suggested. He looked up and caught my eye.

"It's not really a beer place." He said. "Red or white?" I grinned and rolled my eyes.

"Couldn't give a shit." I said. "You choose." He smirked.

"Alright." He said, and gently pried the menu off me. "Well. My shout."

"Oh... no way. I'm good. Thanks though." Adam glanced up and caught my eye. He grinned.

"Let me treat you." He said. "Haven't been out with a cute guy in ages." I blushed in spite of myself.

"Oh." I said. Jesus, Adam. Maybe don't hit on the guy your ex left you for? "Um..." Adam laughed and sat back in his chair.

"Relax." He said. "We're here to moan about our asshole of a mutual ex, not get laid. But given that I make a shit ton of money for doing barely sweet fuck all, let me pay yeah?" I smiled at him.

"You know you're just meant to like, quietly pick up the bill right? If you tell me you're paying beforehand I'll feel like I have to order cheap and be nice to you all night." Adam blushed.

"I didn't want you to feel like you couldn't have a good time..." I rolled my eyes at him. He really thought he was like, God's gift huh?

"Construction pays pretty well, Adam." I laughed at him. "Man, is this what you always do? Take guys somewhere where everyone knows you and flash your cash?" Adam caught my hand as I gestured across the bar and squeezed my fingers firmly.

"You need to learn how to behave." He said flatly. "I'm just trying to be nice. It sounded like you could use an ear." I bit my lip. Stop being an ass, Fred.

"Sorry." I mumbled. "I could use an ear." I admitted. "Still sort of trying to find my footing with the rug pulled out from under me."

"Mm." Adam glanced at me. "I can help with that."

---- ---- ----

Which brings me to being single. Kind of. Wil was still calling and I hadn't blocked him... I just wasn't picking up. Also my Dad was calling, and my Mum, and Jamie and even Liam. None of those calls sounded like a good time, so I just let them go through to voicemail and focused on work. Thank God I have a job where you get so physically exhausted you don't have the energy to think. Even after work I went to Larry's studio that he let me build in sometimes and I played around with furniture designs instead of going home and playing games or watching TV or anything that meant my brain could half turn off and switch to feeling sad about Wil.

I finished work on Friday and Jamie was on the street. I did a double take as I saw him, and tried to slip away so he didn't see me.

"Fred." He called out. Dammit.

"Oh. Hi." I turned towards him with a fake smile. He wasn't smiling. He grabbed my arm and started marching me to his car.

"Come on." He said. "According to Liam you're single handedly ruining Wil's career as we speak. We have to fix this." I yanked my arm away from him.

"Fix what? I don't want anything to do with Wil." Jamie paused. He frowned.

"What?"

"I said I don't want anything to do with Wil." I folded my arms. "So like, we can hang out but not if that's why you're here." Jamie blinked at me.

"Well... it is why I'm here." He frowned. "The fuck happened?"

"He cheated on me." I said. Jamie laughed, to my chagrin.

"Wilson?" Jamie shook his head. "No way. No way! I'll take loyal to a fault for $1000, Alex."

"Yeah as far as you know." I snorted. "I can show you the evidence if you don't believe me?"

"What evidence?! He's been down south?"

"He sent a video." I shrugged.

"Wil sent you a video of him cheating on you?" Jamie frowned in confusion.

"Well... he sent it to someone else but luckily they were honest enough to let me know." Jamie stared at me, one hand on his car.

"Who?!" He asked eventually.

"Adam." I shrugged. "Just one of the...."

"ADAM?" Jamie slumped against the car. "Jesus Christ." He opened the door and motioned for me to get in, and in spite of myself I did. "How did you get involved with Adam?" He asked. I looked at him as I went into autopilot and started to buckle up.

"It's none of your--" Jamie glared at me.

"You know what Liam's like. " He said. "It is absolutely my business, because I will NEVER hear the end of it if he can't fix whatever's going on." I sighed.

"Ok. Tell Liam that Wil is a cheater. They can hash it out. I'm moving on." Jamie slammed the door shut.

"And you got that from Adam?"

"Yep." He rolled his eyes and turned the key in the ignition before pulling out.

"Fuck's sake, Freddo. You couldn't have listened to a less reliable source." Jamie sighed and kind of laughed. "What the fuck did he tell you? I mean, specifically? How do you even know him?"

"Well.... I mean, he had the video for one thing.... and then he showed me Wilson's fetlife profile...and he told me that he was fucking Wil for ages even though Matt was with his flatmate..." Jamie grunted.

"And you believed that?"

"The.... video..."

"Time stamped and dated I assume?"

"Well... no.... Look! Adam wasn't lying! He's really nice, he was just trying to help! He took me out to dinner and..."

"You went to dinner?"

"Yes." I folded my arms and stuck my chin out. "And a hotel room."

"And what the fuck did you do in a hotel room?" Jamie glared at me.

"What the fuck do two adults normally do in a hotel room?"

"And you are, naturally, supremely unconcerned about Adam's girlfriend?" I paused in the rant I was about to go on and glanced at Jamie.

"His.... What?"

"You met her!" He sighed loudly. "Same night you met Wil." Oh. No wonder I didn't know.

"Jamie, I was so fucking nervous I barely remember anything about that night. I had tunnel vision for Wil! You know that!" My heart skipped a beat. "Are you serious?" I asked quietly. "Girlfriend? Are you sure?"

"Yeah." He glanced at me. "Sorry." He cleared his throat. "Adam actually has a habit of forgetting to tell people that." He sighed and tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. "So don't beat yourself up for falling for it, but please reconsider your 'Adam is right, Wilson is an asshole' stance." I bit my lip.

Adam had been nice.... But not.... Not nice without a motive. I mean he was hitting on me all night. It was pretty obvious he wanted to do more than moan about a mutual ex. He was a weird guy to be out with. Demanding. Telling me what to eat and drink. Littering our conversation with compliments in between showing me Wil's fetlife account, and explaining this was Wil's MO and he'd done it before and all that. He went out for a cigarette at some point and I stared at his wallet, which he'd left on the table. I saw the hotel keycard and frowned at it. Adam lived on a bus route. There was no reason for him to get a hotel in town.... Unless.

I glanced at him on his return.

"Hotel de Brett." I said. "That's not far." He smirked.

"It's not." He said. He smiled at me across the table and slowly reached for my hand. "I guess I should thank Wilson." He said quietly. "Despite everything. If it hadn't been for him, I wouldn't have met you, pet." He glanced up and caught my eye. And I couldn't hold it in for a second longer. He'd been saying crap like that all night, and it was all so corny and uncomfortable... I burst out laughing and pulled my hand away.

"What a line!" I choked. His face fell. "Look. I should never have called. This is some fucked up revenge thing for you and I don't want anything to do with it." I stood up and grabbed my jacket. "You should move on." I squeezed his shoulder. "This kind of game is gross." Adam folded his arms and his lips tightened. But to his credit he didn't deny it.

"You could at least thank me for dinner." He said. I smiled at him.

"Taken care of, pet. I told you. You just quietly pick up the bill. Way classier." His shoulders slumped forward and I grinned on my way out.

-- --

"I didn't actually go to a hotel with him." I muttered to Jamie. "I just said that to wind you up."

"Glad to hear it." He breathed deeply. "So this... video...." He bit his lip. "Did you think to call Wil at all?"

"I called him." I glanced at Jamie. "I might not have exactly heard him out." I mumbled. "I was in shock."

"Ok." Jamie said. "Do you think you could hear him out now?" I sighed and slumped against the window.

"Ugh. I dunno." I said. "You obviously think I should."

"Yeah, I do." Jamie said.

"Are you sure about him, Jamie?" I winced. "Just... you don't think it's kind of convenient that everyone he's ever dated is like... a psychopath? No one has that much bad luck..." I was parroting what Adam had said...but it wasn't wrong. I mean NO ONE has that much bad luck right?

"Convenient." Jamie glared at me for a second but his face softened as he saw my expression. He sighed. "Wil has a type." He said slowly. "And he meets them in weird places. It's not bad luck. It's bad taste in men." He winced as he looked at me. "Uh... bar an obvious exception."

"Why does it matter? I saw a video of Wil with another guy! And why didn't he tell me about Adam? Why is he lying to me? What's he hiding?" Jamie sighed.

"Oh... Fred. He didn't tell you about Adam because of Nancy, he didn't want her to end up in the middle of anything. He didn't tell anyone. I only know because I sort of... overheard them..." He trailed off. "And... I uh. I really hate to be this guy but Fred... what does he owe you? Wil is just... private. You expect him to just lay out his entire history for you? He has an old fetlife profile, so what? Does he go on it? Had he interacted with anyone recently? Maybe he didn't mention it because that's not him right now." I bit my lip and started blushing.

"Adam made it sound like..."

"Forget Adam. He's irrelevant."

"Ok, source material aside... he just... he made it sound like Wil was kind of a serial cheater... He said Wilson really hurt him... and Matt too."

"He said MATT was hurt?!" Jamie laughed. "That's fucking rich." I looked at Jamie. I wanted him to be right. "Fred..." He sighed. "Matt had a whole other damn boyfriend. And then some. When Wil found out and called off the wedding..."

"And that! Why didn't Wil tell me he was ENGAGED?"

"Would you? If you were engaged to someone who cheated on you over and over again before you found out? Would you tell your next serious boyfriend that right off the bat?

"Na." I sighed. "So. Um. When... did Adam and Wil start then? As far as you know?"

"Way after the official break up." Jamie said. "Wil kind of did the opposite of cheating actually, he used to crawl back to Matt at least once a month. But it's been ages, trust me. He's really obvious about it, we'd know."

"God what is wrong with him?" I groaned. "Who crawls back to their shitty ex like that?"