All Comments on 'Adopted'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
darkstone57darkstone57over 13 years ago
Fantastic

you never disappoint, and this time you did the best one so far in my opinion.

Socially_IneptSocially_Ineptover 13 years ago
I loved it!

I knew Sandi was Jeff's twin. Still this was a lovely story. I am so glad everything worked out for them.

bruce22bruce22over 13 years ago
Good and attractive story

The threat of the Tin Man sputtered out before the mask of the Batman.

The first person does get a bit tiresome in this story which sort of surprised me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Is this Florida? <3

What I mean is ...Can I vote again and again for this entry??? Great story!!! I LOVED it..

Rob ConnerRob Connerover 13 years ago
Another GOOD ONE!

That's two good ones in the last couple of days. Keep the ROLL Going!

jasonnhjasonnhover 13 years ago
Good story

I really enjoyed the story. As soon as he mentioned his "dead" twin sister I knew who Sandi was. It might have made it a little more interesting to hold his life history until later in the story. Sandi's history was somewhat a lie because of Mary and Joe's actions so that didn't give things away. My one gripe is the meeting where Joe and Mary come clean about what happened. It felt clumsy and passionless. Jeff and Sandi's history and future have just been shredded and it feels like they are discussing their 401K. There is a trickle of emotion but nowhere near what such a revelation should have invoked. Maybe this was partially because I had already guessed what had happened. Mary being a nurse was another give away clue (I also have BIG problems with what she did). So we had a climatic piece to the story that wasn't much of a surprise. I would suggest playing your cards a little closer to your vest in the future. The writing, as usual for a DG Hear story was very good. I liked the romantic buildup between Jeff and Sandi. Of course Trina is a love. Good romance story.

AzPilotAzPilotover 13 years ago
A 10 in my book!

Very well done, sir.

db448db448over 13 years ago
Not bad.

I agree with jasonh that the reveal was clumsy and rushed, but the rest of the story was well done indeed.

sailordblj1966sailordblj1966over 13 years ago
Another great story

DG you did it again. Another great story keep up the good work.

obtusemanobtusemanover 13 years ago
jasonnh called it...

The tell was there halfway through the first page. The story did not suffer though. In fact I was looking for nefarious but the circumstances were acceptable and believable (although improbable).

Good job, DGHear. Another excellent story. Thank you.

DG HearDG Hearover 13 years agoAuthor
DG Hear

For those who read my stories will know that I don't always do the obivious. In this case it was an early tell. I actually thought about not having them related. I was hoping that there would be enough interest to wonder how it all came about.

Thank you all for your comments, they are truly appreciated.

With respect

DG Hear

OldStormyOldStormyover 13 years ago
Another good one

Well, DGH just keeps producing the goods. This is the best 'free' library going. I was fairly sure very early in the story as to where it was going but it didn't detract from the tale. My only query is why the lead in with a rather nasty 'Tinman' who just dropped off the planet!!! I was waiting to see what skulduggery he was going to cause - and nothing. Please keep writing and posting.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
Sandy Koufax was the greatest left-hander who ever lived.

The only difference between his ability to pitch and your ability to write is easy to tell. HE COULDN'T PITCH A NO HITTER EVERY DAY and I've never known you to miss! What a great story, DG! Thanks for all you do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Another good read

The title says it all ... another good read from you. Please keep up the good work.

Jerry

catman71catman71over 13 years ago
omg

the story is just to amazing,

zed0zed0over 13 years ago
Pretty Weird

I think this story should go into non-erotic or incest category. I realize love can happen between two people regardless of their origin, but I am a victim of my culture. In the same circumstances I probably would have also married my sister,especially if she was a drop dead gorgeous fun fuck, but as a reader (not into incest at all) I find this story vaguely unsettling and somewhat repulsive. Ah well, I'm sure I'll enjoy your next one.

deadonedeadoneover 13 years ago
Truly great.

Put a lump in the throat. I loved it.

But yes there was an early tell, SO what.

Please keep it up.

Scorpio44Scorpio44over 13 years ago
I laughed!

Not because you wrote a comedy, but because the story has a parallel in my own family. Finding each other was like in your story... an instant connection. I got to be Uncle Joe in our family.

Nicely done and on the mark.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Two little words

To and Too.

PLEASE PLEASE Look them up in the dictionary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Medicine to purge the bowels

"...Missy. She is somewhat of a physic." A PHYSIC is defined as "a purgative: a purging medicine; stimulates evacuation of the bowels"

A PSYCHIC is a person who can allegedly read minds and know the future. (Of course if they really could, they'd be rich and not ripping off desperate people)

Perhaps your story should be listed in the Humor section.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Liked it.

Great story, even though I saw the ending coming early on. It didn't take away from the story. Thank you - again for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Excellent

As usual a well done story. A few minor gliches as pointed out, but really a cool story.

Tarheels_FanTarheels_Fanover 13 years ago
Another great story

Once again , you have shared a great story. I kond of guessed at their relationship , but it was still a pleasant surprise to find them to be twins. I'm looking forward to your next story.

Thanks DGH!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
wrong category

I agree, this should have been placed in the incest/taboo category. I was really into the story, it started out so nicely. Then, it got weird. It was well-written though. Also, I think you lost the Halloween theme fairly early on.

rdd1953rdd1953over 13 years ago
great story

as always you managed to keep me till the end for another good read

AmitdankevinAmitdankevinover 13 years ago

It was a very good story. I liked the beginning and ending the most. It went a little fast on the second page. But, it was a very nice one. Keep it up and good luck for contest.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Predictable but nice ...

The title along with the information in the first page gave away what was confirmed on the last. If there were a way to do more disguising of the outcome I believe it would have enhanced the story. But again, nice story which I enjoyed. Thanks!

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
Another good story be a good author

Another homerun. While predictable as noted by another reader I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Yeah, right...

Cleveland Browns Superbowl Champions? *rolls eyes*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great writer

I now know it is improper language somehow, but that D.G has to stand for doggone good keep on writing this was really outstanding....

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
gotta say

i love a love story and this was nice.

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
Brave Story

Only a writer of your stature can write an incestuous story like this and sell it to use readers. Only question would be how many different last names are in their towns phone book? LOL

theo_minortheo_minorover 11 years ago
Sweet Story

I'm an adoptee myself, and I've met all of my 'genetic relations'. And it's true - I feel an uncanny connection with both of my half-sisters; we just 'get' each other in some intrinsic way. I could easily imagine, if I had met one of them 'out of the blue', not knowing we were related, that I might fall hard for her. . .

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 11 years ago
A very sweet story and it came out just as I wished.

Since I am the only one that has to be pleased as far as I am concerned, DG, just disregard any naysayers. Thank you for writing.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
No shit - too nice for words -

Thanks -

Anyone who has issues with the story and incest - get a grip -

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
I Knew!

I knew she was his sister, wasn't sure how they'd explain his sister's "death".

Neat twist having her inability to have children make the incest moot.

Also neat, if sad, enabling them to grow their family anyway.

auhunter04auhunter04over 9 years ago
Agree with Karen

Karen hit it exactly what I was trying to think up how to say it.

Incest, if it is an equal relationship, no problems, If forced whole different story

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Adopted

You have written a lot of good to great and a few that were not so good but this has to be your very best up till now. It is worth a lot more then 5 but that is all they allow. more like this please!

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WORTH EVERY STAR

Heartwarming story which hit very close to home. Thank you very much and please keep it up. You touched on the plight of orphans and foster kids and your protagonists handled it with passion, grace and love.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Very nice

This story is a tad unbelievable. But it is a wonderful, emotionally very moving story. The ending was exceptional.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 8 years ago
A bit contrived

Perhaps Uncle Joe and Sandi's mom should have told them about being related, before they started having sex.

In the real world most people would find incest disgusting, and not just have this laissez faire attitude towards it, nor allow siblings to have sex without warning them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Should have been in the Incest/Taboo category.

But I gave it a 4.

Never would have read it if you hadn't tricked me!

Thanks!

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
another nice tale

though got a bit confusing as to who adopted who....but in the end despite actually being brother and sister they made a good family...it does happen where siblings live together and have children..but also glad they were able to adopt the other kids...liked it...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really Enjoyed it

I love a story that holds your attention and keeps you wondering if there is a hidden twist coming up. Of course there was and resolved with a happy ending for all parties. I look forward to your future stories. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It's a good story 5 stars

But why all the drama. She's a college skank, he's a man whore. She had a hysterectomy. Why not castrate the dude because of a childhood bicycle accident to add to the story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
The storyline has holes in it.

Uncle Joe is rich. He knew who Sandi was. He never told Jeff about Sandi. That is bullshit! The siblings should never have been separated since Uncle Joe had lots of money to take care of both of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Quite

Quite a decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Kudos on a wonderful read

Very nice story of a gentle love and a good family. There are many documented cases of siblings that had been separated at birth or as very young siblings that didn't know or remember that they had a sibling. Somehow during an event or something like shopping when the siblings were near to each other they would do like Jeff and Sandie and have a weird feeling of some sort and feel like they have known each other all their lives. Later they would find out why they had such immediate strong attraction among themselves. Weird, but truly documented. Identical twins that have been separated early and didn't know they had a twin could be thousands of miles apart and have strange feelings and be sick corresponding with the other twin. Like I said weird stuff but absolutely true. Go figure Thanks for the wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nice Story

A bit involved but still a good story. Btw, it's not "physic", it's "psychic".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderful story

You weaved the tale so well, you are now one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good One!

Great ending!

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
Another gem

Wish you would write more,thank you for what you have done. Enjoy all your stories. 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Fantastic love story

Mr. DJ is a great writer of romance! Thanks for this and other submissions!

Baton Rouge Cajun Guy

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

Wonderful story with a great ending. " And They all lived happily after"

Gets my 5 star vote.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A very good story that falls outside of any Literotica patterns that I've seen. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent read! Interesting twist with their relationship, but I think it worked out well. 5* again.

Munchie184

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yes !!!!!

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

What a touching love story. What are the odds that twins separated at birth would meet and fall in love. Well done 5 stars

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Very

Very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This touching story is really excellent. However, it is somewhat convoluted and I had difficulty following the various relationships of the various characters. Please make sure that the names of the various characters is always spelled the same (like Sandi and Sandy) so that the reader does not conclude that these are two different characters.

Five stars for the writing itself and six stars for the story itself.

BJ

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Good story, only a couple of minor grumps, consistent name spelling and it’s not physic, it’s psychic, otherwise all ok.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

We enjoyed your beautiful loving and touching story. As said, there were places the names and a little context flow could have been a bit better, but the story is touching and ends with soul mates joined by their hearts.

Thank you for sharing your words and bringing us a warm heart and smile.

SW

linnearlinnearalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful and touching story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story!

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961over 1 year ago

reread just as good as the first time 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Not nitpicking but it's not,"PHYSIC", it's, "PSYCHIC". 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! I didn’t see the whole twins thing coming, glad they got past it though.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[17.01.23]

Beautiful Story - Beautifully Written!

11/10!!!!!

afosi2604afosi2604about 1 year ago

Ok. I've read maybe 500 stories on this site, and this has to be the best story so far, by far.

Interesting story, back stories, development, everything! I am a retired investigator and the twists and turns written here kept me captivated but totally off balance. Definitely the best. I will read each and every submission by this author just hoping the rest are of the same caliber! 5*...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Loved it!!!

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlk11 months ago

Loved it. Had to give it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

UNCLE JOE WAS A BASTARD!!

MARY WAS A REAL TRAILER PARK WHITE TRASH!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

NOT ROMANCE , IT IS AN INCEST STORY!!!

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo9 months ago

They should have been told as soon as Uncle Joe showed up to know. Still a 5.

Cracker270Cracker2708 months ago

Good job. Great story telling

woodrangewoodrange7 months ago

from an adopted point of view, Interesting. it is something that goes though your mind. could this person be ???

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver3 months ago

I had to stop and think about the story before I could rate it.

What a great and original story.

Tanks for sharing!!

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"Something you should know about Missy. She is somewhat of a physic. "

Do you know the difference between a 'Physic' and a 'Psychic'

Physic - "medicinal drugs"

Psychic - "relating to or denoting faculties or phenomena that are apparently inexplicable by natural laws, especially involving telepathy or clairvoyance."; "a person considered or claiming to have psychic powers; a medium."

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

You have 2 kinds of stories. I either laugh out loud or cry! Thank you, Mike

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
5700 Followers
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...

SIMILAR Stories