All Comments on 'Adventure of Rekka Ch. 09'

by mosesD

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
KingofoneKingofoneover 3 years ago

Great writing! Keep up the good work. Cant wait to see what happens next.

tenetiennetenetienneover 3 years ago
Surprisingly good story

I was wondering when I first started reading this how it was going to progress. I just came across it today and have binged on it to this point. I will continue to keep up with it and see how it goes. You were correct when you said a world builder and it's shaping up nicely.

The humor you brought into it in the later chapters is excellent. Bill may not be a genius, and he's the first to tell everyone that, obviously. His acting / subterfuge when he's drawing his victims into his traps is hilarious.

I see it has taken you a while to build this so far and I applaud you to be able to keep on writing in these strange times we are having now.

Keep the faith, continue writing and we, your readers, applaud you.

Thanks for a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oh wow

Now I'm getting really strong vibes of Harold Shea Adventures and other contemporary works of fantasy from those times. Chris Stasheff, Lyon Sprague de Camp, you seem to be in a good company :)

A pity the monster girls weren't a thing back then. Who knows what our world would have been like otherwise.

mosesDmosesDover 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the encouragement! Like I've said before, writing was never something I thought I'd have any talent for, even what little I've managed. I sure enjoy the hell out of it in any case. This has been a real labor of love. Fish out of water stories are my favorites, though I feel like Bill is more like a fish that left its own pond, found an ocean and dragged the new residents onto dry land. They seem to be floundering more than he is now.

All of my characters have managed to take the story in directions I never imagined it would go, so if you're not sure where this is going you're in good company. Just for one example, Scipio was not intended to be a major character. He just sort of decided he wasn't going to put up with being forgotten inside that tent with Sarah. That bad habit of his sure came through for him, because until the ambush was over I had no idea it would work against a High Orc's love stank.

I know where I want this craziness to end, I just hope the characters decide to cooperate. It's their world, I just report what they're doing any more. Hope Bill doesn't regain his senses and decide to run off into the night with Rekka and put all this madness behind him. All I can do is point them in the general direction and hope they get the message.

I'm hard at work on Ch. 10, but another character has popped up and demanded not to be forgotten, so I'm trying to figure out what they're going to do next. If I get a quiet moment during the next few days I might just hammer out the whole chapter in a few hours, but I can never really tell.

Thanks again, hope to see you soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nice work.

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 3 years ago

Oh man, I loved this chapter. I can see where you're going from here, and it's going to be incredible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Larry

I think larry should have one of the drawfs hammer out a mk 19. (Thier pretty badass)Thing was awsome in afganastan.

Raven660Raven660over 3 years ago
Omg

Love the series. The characters are awesome. The writing is amazing. And fuck is this shit funny. When bill was doing the pulp fiction bit. I fell out my chair laughing so hard. And when he captured asylum from dulius I was thinking Monty python. Damn good work please keep it coming

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Absolutely great!

This story of yours is teriffic! I love it! Really hope you manage to finnish it, however long it takes, and unless you tell us otherwise, I'll be waiting for the next chapter 'till the day I croak. Keep it up, you've got talent!

gentleman_boehnergentleman_boehnerabout 3 years ago

Really happy to see this series is still alive, with your trademark humor and pop culture references intact. Looking forward to what happens next!

skippersdadskippersdadabout 3 years ago

AARRGGHHH ,me want more , please keep it going , what the fu$^ is the order?

May1777May1777about 3 years ago

Thank you for the amazing story.

RIP mosesD you are an amazing author.

mosesDmosesDalmost 3 years agoAuthor

@May1777

Still alive! Chapter 10 submitted for the second time. Apparently It had a lot of typos in it.. threw it through a bunch of spellcheckers, but none of them seemed to agree on anything. I went through it and hopefully fixed all the unintelligent stuff I hadn't meant to be there already. I got depressed as hell, lost this to a hard drive failure and a fun little windows update that required a reinstall. Hopefully this draft is the best of my efforts. I remember the conversations near the middle being a bit better, but Bill decided to change the story again. I swear he just does not care.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

...........Looked like a seagull running off with some tourist's lunch from the back........

Rereading, this line made me laugh a lot. Thanks

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Now we get references to:

Cheers and Snow White.

Out of curiosity I wonder if Bill calling himself 'The Bad Guy' is a reference to Scott Hall (R.I.P) A.K.A. - Razor Ramon?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermosesD@mosesD
Just a small town boy. Figure I should let y'all know here. I really like writing, it's honestly the most therapeutic thing I've ever done. Unfortunately seems like whenever I get into a good groove life decides to dump on me. I'll probably never straight up stop writing ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES