Adventures of Hollywood Jim Ch. 95

Story Info
Dewan is De-lightful.
5.5k words
4.64
7.7k
12

Part 97 of the 101 part series

Updated 02/26/2024
Created 08/06/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note

Hi everyone, I've been away for quite awhile due to some personal issues, among them writer's block. So this story has been long in development. I cannot emphasize how grateful I am for your patience, Hollywood Jim's adventures now continue!

*****

Jackie Morrison was at the forefront of another big Hollywood production. She'd seen how our brief alliance with Disney Studios talent (Ariel Winter) had paid off and she was eager to take this to an even bigger level. She'd been flying back and forth to New York and London and doing meetings via Skype with the more far-flung members of the studios' (and our own) negotiating teams. Finally, she was ready to reveal to us what we'd be devoting our attentions to

"OK, people I have some great news that will be announced to the press this afternoon, I'm just giving you an early heads-up." She said with a beaming smile "DC is ours! We've got their next film and we've secured the talents of Mark Stein to direct."

She explained that for this project, the Morrison Group would be teaming with the DC Comics Universe (aka DCU) for a one-off project that if successful, would shift all their future projects to our firm. Everyone in the conference room applauded. I was especially happy for Mark, we'd met long ago when he was directing music videos and I'd seen firsthand how he could handle big productions (and more importantly, difficult stars).

Jackie clicked a tiny remote in her hand and the big screen TV behind her flickered to life showing static and a fuzzy image that became clearer.

"Morrison Group employees...I give you our newest production..." she slowly turned to the screen and an electric purple logo came on "...BATGIRL!"

A collective "Whoa!" came out of nearly everyone there, myself included. I was old enough to remember seeing the reruns of the old "Batman" TV series of the 60's and the occasional appearances of the character that were, at best, a little kitschy. I also remembered the collective outcry when Alicia Silverstone took on the role opposite George Clooney on the big screen. He later joked that his turn as the Caped Crusader was responsible for killing off the Batman film series. And he may have had a point, since then the role had been limited to the comic books and the animated series until Christian Bale became the Caped Crusader.

"Now let me introduce you to our star...Jenna Dewan!"

The double doors of the conference room opened and Jenna strolled in, looking ultra-chic in a black suede mini skirt combo with a deep V-neck and matching boots that hugged her gorgeous legs. Her short brunette hair only added to the look.

"Hi everyone!" she said with a beaming smile "I'm just here for a few minutes, uh, need to keep my new boss here happy." She said as she looked at Jackie and laughed "I'm very proud to be taking on this role and working with DC and the Morrison Group. It's gonna be one wild ride, I'm sure!"

Jackie and Jenna posed for a quick set of photos from me and then she was off.

The announcement hit the press airwaves an hour after our meeting wrapped and it was all over the web for the rest of the day with debates going back and forth on the casting, director, story, you name it. Jackie's plan would be to make a bigger announcement in Vegas at the annual CinemaCon Convention, a big event for film exhibitors and assorted Hollywood-types. It guaranteed maximum coverage. So it looked like I'd be off to Vegas again!

Mark texted me that night inviting me to dinner at Caesar's Palace where the convention would be held.

"Got a proposition to discuss with you." He added before signing off

I realized that with him, it could mean anything. In the past he'd given me a producers' credit on his Hannie Caulder reboot with Miley Cyrus and I'd been his chief still photographer on just about every production he'd done.

That weekend I was back in Sin City and the immense pool areas under the burning Vegas sun were calling my name. Jackie had assured me my photo duties would be minimal this time so all I packed were some board shorts, t-shirts and the custom suit Paris Hilton had gifted me with long ago. It still fit me, too!

At the pool's V.I.P. section I staked out my spot, pulled out my iPod and planned to zone out for the afternoon with help from a Pink Floyd collection I'd put together before leaving. Even though I wanted to really relax I couldn't help but look around the immense area thinking I'd miss something if I closed my eyes even for a second. It was that long-standing travel paranoia that came over me every time I was here.

"Excuse me, is this lounger taken?" I heard next to me

"Huh? Oh! No! Go right ahead!" I semi-stammered to a pretty woman in a bright red string bikini covered by a tan mesh shirt. She wore an obviously well-traveled straw hat and a large canvas tote bag was on her shoulder. Jackie-O style sunglasses with ultra-dark lenses completed the look. She removed her hat and shook her brunette hair.

It was Jenna!

"I'm so lucky I was able to get a seat here, this place fills up really fast, what with the convention and all. I had to call in a favor to a friend." She said "I always feel weird doing that."

"Oh yeah, I hear you. I guess I'm lucky my company picks up the tab for things like this."

"What's your company?"

"Uh, the Morrison Group. I gotta admit I saw you at the offices when they announced you were playing Batgirl."

"AH! Got it! OK, I see now!" she said with a beaming smile "You cannot believe how crazy it's been since they announced that."

"All the fanboys came out of the woodwork, huh?"

"Oh yeah, and fangirls too!" she laughed

"Right, there's just as many of those too now that I think about it."

Jenna looked to the other side of the pool and yelled out to a couple entering the complex. They made for quite a sight. The woman had her hair pulled back in a tight bun and wore a bright white bikini top with a silky wrap around her waist. The man was a tall athletic monster with arms and legs like tree trunks, he must be a bodyguard, I thought.

"YO! Over here!" she yelled to them. As they got closer, the woman removed her sunglasses and her voice and smile gave her away, it was Jennifer Lopez. And the "bodyguard" was Alex Rodriguez.

"See, I told you I could get you a good spot here!" she laughed as she turned to me "Oh my God! Jim! When did you get here?"

"Late last night, my company's handling Jenna's movie."

"Holy shit, that's so cool!" she said excitedly "Babe, this is Jim, he's the guy that did those photos of me in the pool that ended up on the billboard."

"Oh right, great stuff." He said as we shook hands

"I hope you don't mind, I'm a Red Sox fan."

"Nah, not at all, they're a great team. You can be proud of them."

"So what's your take on Jenna as Batgirl? You know they offered it to me first." Jennifer asked me.

"Whoa, I didn't know that. Well, I guess I should be diplomatic. I think Jenna will be fine in it."

"Wait 'till you see the costume. That's what everyone's waiting for."

"I guess they figure when the fanboys see it, that's the deciding factor, right?"

"Yep, you got that right."

"Well, I'm gonna try out the pool." Jenna said as she stood up and removed her cover-up. She walked over to the pool's edge and gracefully dived in. She looked incredible even underwater.

"Well, I can see what you're looking at." Jennifer said. She knew I was very transfixed by her.

"Hey, I'm only human." I said with a shrug.

Jennifer giggled a little as she turned to Alex "C'mon, babe. Let's get some drinks and leave these two kids alone."

"Kid? Who you callin' a kid?" I said with mock-offense in my voice that only made them laugh even more as they walked towards the bar area.

Jenna resurfaced and ran her fingers through her hair as she stood up in the crystal blue water.

"Oh, man that felt good!" she said with that same beaming smile "You coming in?"

"I probably should."

Diving was something I was never good at and I know I looked spectacularly bad to anyone watching. Maybe Jenna would be forgiving in her assessment of me as a swimmer. When I surfaced I saw her reaching up for her sunglasses. She had to contort her body somewhat and I got a great look at the crack of her ass as she retrieved them. She was now leaning against the pool's edge, her arms outstretched. Looking fabulous.

"So where you from, anyway?" she asked me as a pool attendant brought us bottles of ice water.

"Connecticut, originally."

"No way! I was born there!"

"And you lived to tell the tale, huh?"

"Yes, but I only lived there for a few years" she laughed "I think I'm more of Texas girl since I lived there longer. I do remember there was a hockey team there."

"OK, do you remember the name?"

"Ummm...I think they were the Whalers?" she said apprehensively

"Ding! Ding! Ding! Correct! The pretty lady wins the washer dryer combo and the case of Rice a Roni."

"YEEEESSSS!" she said with a fist pump in the water "I love being right!"

"OK, you can keep your prizes or you can go the big jackpot prize."

"What's the jackpot prize?"

This was the tough part, now I had to work up my courage to tell her.

"Uhhhh...it's, uh, dinner with me tonight?"

Jenna looked long and hard at me, and was probably taken a little aback at my forwardness. But at the same time, her eyes showed she was intrigued, or even turned on, at my confidence.

"Well...I think it would be nice to celebrate the announcement with someone who doesn't see this as a business deal...but I still have to get the question right, don't I?"

"Uh, yes, right."

"OK, ask me."

OK, Hollywood what's a good question to ask the new Batgirl? Think! Think! Think!

"What was Batgirl's secret identity?"

Jenna smiled then leaned in a little closer to me.

"Barbara Gordon."

"You win." I said calmly

"Like I said...I love being right. See you tonight for dinner."

"Uh, is 8 alright for you?"

"Great, how 'bout Nobu? I love that place."

"Yeah, sounds good."

"OK, see you then."

And with that, she swam away and began doing laps.

The formal announcement that evening was a media event. All the major entertainment news outlets were there in full force. I could see Jackie was taking full advantage of the spotlight, she was quickly becoming the go-to media mogul to be interviewed. She was the new Harvey Weinstein, minus the lawsuits, of course. Jenna stepped onto the huge stage to a barrage of screams and flashbulbs. She stood beside her Batgirl cast mates for a formal cast photo and it was something to see. For me it was a little odd to be watching something like this and not elbowing my way for the perfect photo. Jackie had promised me I would get first crack at on-set photos and any promotional ones needed, it was apparently a clause in our contract with the studio. Hey, fine by me!

Once the media had left, Jenna was led away for more press obligations and I looked around for a bar that said "C'mon in, stranger". I found it in a place called the Vista Cocktail Lounge. Just as I walked in, I saw Mark getting a martini and he spotted me just as he took his first sip.

"Hey! Was hoping I'd find you before the Blackjack tables did." He said as we shook hands and hugged. It had been a long time since I'd seen him, we'd both made our way up the Hollywood ladder so we had much to look back on.

"I'm a terrible gambler, Mark, You should know that by now."

"You're just here for the girls, right?"

"Hmmm, well, you could say that. I've got a date with one for dinner."

"So why are you here?"

"Just getting my courage up a little." I said as I ordered a Corona and we went for a nearby table.

"Who's the lucky lady?" he asked

"Nope, not gonna tell you that. Professional courtesy to the lady in question."

"You haven't changed a bit after all these years" he said as he smiled and shook his head "As long as I've known you, you never seemed to have any lady in your life. Geez, I've already been married twice."

"So? I've learned from an expert." I replied with a wiseguy smirk.

"OK, very funny" he said as he took another sip and leaned in closer to me "Look, I'm glad I ran into you here. It's gonna be real crazy this weekend with the announcement and everything so who knows when we'd have a chance to talk business."

"Business? What kind of business?"

"Jackie made a pretty generous deal to get you with her company, she did the same thing with me. I'd like to expand on that deal and you're the perfect person to do it with."

"Oh-kaaay. What are you looking to do?"

"I want to form my own production company, for years I've just been a director for hire and I'd like to get more control over projects. How'd you like to be my partner?"

"Oh, man...it's pretty tempting. Geez, I don't know, Mark. Jackie's been pretty generous with me, that's true. I just don't want to screw this up. I got canned from Artists Unlimited just for talking to Jackie, remember?"

"Yeah, I remember. But Jackie's different from Chuck Tyler. Look, you give it some thought. Maybe we'll chat again after the movie comes out." He said as he took a last sip of his martini and stood up "See you in Hollywood, kid."

I almost gave him my answer right there, no. I didn't want to tempt fate and I had a richer deal now than anything Chuck could've offered me at the peak of Artists Unlimited's power.

I looked at my watch and took a last sip of my drink.

"Time for dinner, Hollywood." I said to myself "Jenna awaits."

As I stepped into the restaurant, Jenna was right there looking beautiful in a simple cream colored miniskirt combo.

"Well, good golly, Miss Jenna...don't you look nice!" I said trying to be charming.

"Like it? I didn't want to wear the same thing I wore onstage."

"That makes sense, I wasn't sure this would work either." I said as I looked at my suit. OK, I kinda lied, I was wearing the suit Paris bought me and that could work anywhere.

"No! You look fantastic!" she said excitedly as she looked at our reflection in a giant nearby floor-length mirror nearby "Actually, WE look fantastic."

"Now that you mention it...we do."

Jenna smiled widely at me "C'mon, let's eat. I'm starving."

We were seated around the huge grill area and a black suited chef immediately had knives and forks flying in all directions, it was like having a flame-eating acrobat cook your dinner. In the slightly dimmed lighting, she looked especially alluring. Being a vegan, Jenna found plenty of choices on the menu and even convinced me to go the same route.

"It's so rare I get to, y'know, get all dressed up for dinner. It's usually me and Evie most nights."

"So, sweatpants are the optimal dining attire?"

"Oh yeah!" she laughed "Especially on pasta nights!"

"Kinda sounds like a night at my place, only I'm with my cat."

"Awww, you're all alone?"

"Not really, he's good company. He never complains about my cooking."

We both chuckled at that one.

Throughout our meal, Jenna kept her eyes on me as we talked about our careers.

"Y'know, one thing I can't help but ask..."

"Go ahead." She replied as she took a sip of wine.

"Being dancers and all, do you, uh, have any kind of rivalry? Y'know, with someone like, uh, Julianne Hough?"

"Oh, like have we ever had a dance-off?"

"Well, yeah, now that you mention it."

"To be honest, I've never met her." She said with a shrug "Probably because we move in different directions. But she sings better than me, that's for sure."

"Interesting...obviously there's no rivalry with you and J-Lo."

"What, that little bitch?" she said angrily before laughing "No! She's really cool!"

"Good to know, you had me wondering there for a minute."

Jenna gave me a bashful smile in return.

"Now, let me ask you something..." she said

"Shoot."

"Where have you been hiding and how come you don't have a girlfriend?"

"Uh, well...I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just too busy working."

"I doubt it. From what I'm sensing...it sounds like you spend more time with your cat than anybody else."

"OK, I guess you got me there. It's probably insecurity too."

"Now THAT I don't believe."

"Why?"

"Well, we met at the pool and you had the guts to ask me out right there. Not many guys would do that."

"Perhaps my insecurity took the day off."

Jenna leaned in closer and with her head lowered slightly said "Or perhaps...you really like me." She said with a sly smile as she looked up at me and slowly twirled a well-manicured finger around the top of her wine glass.

"Perhaps...I do."

Maybe it was a bit of a relief but just then the waiter came by with our check.

"Feel like another drink?" she asked "I've been wanting to check out that Vanderpump place."

"Why not? Let's go."

Where we were going was Vanderpump Cocktail Garden, a super-chic place run by one Lisa Vanderpump of "Real Housewives" fame. The doorman recognized Jenna immediately and we were led in. Once we were at a table, Lisa herself strolled over.

"Jenna, darling!" she said as they kissed "I heard about your big event, I'm so happy for you" she said before looking at me "Oh, and who is this lovely gentleman?"

"This is Jim, he works for Morrison Group" she said as she wrapped her arm around mine and put her head on my shoulder and smiled widely "...he's my date tonight."

"Oh, how lovely!" Lisa said "We must get you some drinks. How about 2 Midnight Oils?"

"Um, yeah!" Jenna said as she looked at me

As Lisa went away Jenna turned to me "I don't know what's in it, but it's near midnight so I guess that makes it OK, what do you think?"

"Well, at least we're not driving anywhere. Not unless we could get busted for drunk walking."

"In Vegas?"

"You're right, let's do it."

The Midnight Oil was mix of Vodka, Espresso, Kahlua and Chocolate. It tasted like a supercharged milkshake. Lisa rejoined us and was quickly in gossip-mode with Jenna. After a while, she left to greet more visitors.

"Another one?" Jenna asked as she looked over the drink menu

"Maybe something more traditional might be better."

"Ooooh...let's try this one. The Pillow Talk."

"OK, why not?"

This one was another Vodka concoction but with more liqueurs in it. After more chatting with Lisa, we realized how close to midnight, and closing time, it really was.

"Uh, shall we call it a night?" I asked

Jenna nodded and said in a slightly weary tone "I've probably got more press in the morning. But you can, um, walk me to my room. I think it's only fair."

"That sounds good."

Jenna had a suite (naturally) that looked out onto the Vegas strip. Just as we got inside, her phone rang.

"Oh, it's Evie!" She said happily as she looked at the caller ID "Hi sweetie! What're you doing up so late?"

As Jenna gently scolded her daughter, I went to the window and got that wistful feeling I always had whenever I was in Vegas. Not far down the strip I could see where everything began for me and my late partner, Chris Foster. The Painted Desert Casino. I squinted my eyes a little and could just make out the marquee showing that Candy from Tigress was doing a one-night only show there. Even though she was more focused on acting roles as of late, she still did some occasional concerts.

"Uh-huh, sweetie, Mommy's in Las Vegas...You wanna know where I am now? Well, remember that great hotel with the pool you loved? The one with the big Roman columns? Uh-huh, that's where I am...Lemme show you the view out my window." Jenna handed me the phone and turned its camera on "Show me at the windows..." Her daughter could now see her Mom by the big windows and all the lights outside. I could hear her daughter's excitement before Jenna took the phone back "OK honey you've gotta go to bed...now! Be a good girl for Grandma and maybe I'll bring you back something, OK? OK...I love you too! Bye."

12