All Comments on 'Affair'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 177 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks!

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed this story which was well written and made me think about a situation that I have never experienced. However, the divorce was easy because the couple didn’t have children. With children it would have been much more difficult for the husband to end the marriage. First, he would lose close contact with his children. Second he would be punished financially. So, despite the husband being innocent, he would have every incentive to keep the marriage alive, even if on life support.

maninconnmaninconnabout 2 years ago
Qhml1 always writes a powerful tale

And this one was excellent! Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A cautionary tale that those who should won't read it or just ignore it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Sorry, but the MC was a slut and will always be a slut if she can get away with it! Good good wife would never have an affair. A good wife knows her husband would never forgive! Only a slut wife believes that her husband won’t leave her if she goes ahead and has an affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Saccharine view of adultery. It is always a conscious decision to cheat and it affects so many people. Husbands, wives, children, parents, friends, brothers, sisters, neighbours, co-workers, even pets.

No one escapes unscathed. Divorce is cruel, clinical and often unfair, both legally & financially, with pain & guilt on all sides. It’s often the decent, caring partner, who is affected the most and some never recover. They often find that they can never truly trust again and remain terrified of their heart being broken again.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 2 years ago

Interesting - I especially like how you described the inspiration for this story! I always find it interesting how good writers create or get ideas!

If you keep writing I will keep reading!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

From What I've Experienced

Over the years from numerous points of view, this is a pretty accurate discourse on a typical short affair and the inevitable consequences when it becomes public knowledge. The explanation by her therapist that these things 'don't just happen' is spot on. With so many comments after stories by people decrying any forgiveness ever, I always wonder what skeletons they are hiding that by their own words they shouldn't be forgiven for. The old saying about "Me thinketh he/she/they protest too much" applies to them. I really detest my shit doesn't stink, holier than thou, sanctimonious assholes. Great job Q, as always. *****'s. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Bitches always cheating on good loyal husbands. Damn stupid women they have no self control. Just stupid shit decisions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not your highest rated story but I think it's your best story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

How the hell did I miss this when it came out! Lessons are here if you take it to heart. Sadly, too many either don't think or believe they are above being caught. Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the very best I've read here. Well done, emotions clear and strong.

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 2 years ago

Wow, a "How to Stay Married" manual !

usaretusaretabout 2 years ago

One of a variety of moral and personal truths.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

im glad the slut didnt have any real repercussions .

hope her new husband enjoys her boyfriends more than her old husband did

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I think this story mirrors life, more so than the majority of those on Literotica. The one thing that I never understand with these stories, is how most of the cheating wives are out to ruin their husbands, in the divorce. If you once loved someone with all your heart, and you cheat on them, you must accept the consequences, of your actions. At least, that is what someone with a conscience would do. This lady in the story, lost maybe 10 years of her life. In her prime. Relationships have been compromised with friends and family. Yes, this is what cheating does, to a couple. He was never made to wear a cock cage, and eat second hand cream pies. And she didn’t end up, in a Mexican whorehouse. But what happened to this story is real life. So for that, I give it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The crazy thing is u are using this story to say u regret cheating an wish u hadn’t but tbh ure living hea with a new husband possibly a upgrade so ure not really selling it lol is the true moral don’t cheat or look what’s out there after the affair

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitalmost 2 years ago

A great story, bit of a tear-jerker though, pass the Kleenex please, Louise!

.

.

R.S.

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Thank you. (Again)

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

5*. A nicely-written realistic story, showing the quality that is sometimes, albeit too infrequently, found in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

BTW, this is NOT a story. Thank you for this report.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

BS to BJ from two days ago. A story worth writing and telling - a lesson worth learning. Perhaps it was the lesson they had a problem with!

somewhere east of Omaha

GuSannGuSannalmost 2 years ago

I am a person who have dificult in forgiving. I keep the feelings for a very long time... So to me, cheaters should live in daily hell... If there is a thing I cant forgive, it is cheating... Why you ask me? First, because my father cheated on my mom. I can still see in my mind all the fight and hurt. Then, when I had find the girl, she cheated on me. I dont know at what point she went, but I saw with my own eyes the emotional cheat. So, yeah, cheating is forbidden to me. I cant do it myself, and dont know how someone could do it to their spousels..

Helen1899Helen1899almost 2 years ago

5* Thank you i enjoyed it

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 2 years ago
Q, You've Still Got It!

Thanks for sharing this unique story in LW.

Keep 'em comin'.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 2 years ago

Too bland without anything interesting but a morality lecture filled with typical platitudes. You can do better.

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 2 years ago

After a second time through (and reading 125+ comments) this is even more impressive. The commentators who limited their understanding to the tried-and-true LW script saw only a cheating wife who not only got away with it but also was unjustly rewarded. Tossing that script aside reveals that "once a cheater always a cheater" is not a law of nature, that true repentance earns forgiving (though not forgetting), that the indelible message here is "Don't cheat. Not just because it's wrong, it creates far too much pain." Almost forgot: The therapist's tale of jumping the fire and revealing her scar was remarkably to the point (and effective).

-

tl;dr Wow!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a very good story, I should have read this eight years ago, before the last one nightstand. I was hot for him, and to paraphrase one commenter, I was thinking with my pussy, slightly drunk when I invited a very attractive, junior, younger colleague to my room while on a business trip. It wasn't the first time I stepped out of my marriage for a night of sport fucking. I blew him, got laid then passed out but it wasn't over. The photos and video spewed out onto the internet incinerating my 20 year marriage, family, career, friends and self-esteem. It was Russian roulette where the adrenaline rush was good for a dozen or so flings and then bang.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Sometimes good people do stupid things". Maybe. "Sluts always do sluttythings". Absolutely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One of the best stories ever on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Expiation?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good read

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Really good story, in fact one of the best I have read on this site. Sad, yes very, but it ended happily ever after.

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 1 year ago

Awesome. We can all learn from this. Well written.

MoustacheSmugglerMoustacheSmugglerover 1 year ago

I really like this a lot but I'm not eloquent enough to describe why.

It doesn't read like a "story", more of a simple explanation of events that happened to a fictional character.

I certainly wouldn't want all stories to be written like this. But this is wonderfully stark and raw. Very honest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought I’d read this recently but couldn’t find a comment from me so I’ll write one now.

This was truly realistic in its telling.

I’d like to think that if it were my wife doing the cheating I’d forgive her, but then, maybe not.

I think even nowadays men can be forgiven easier than women. They’re just the rock which anchors marriages and families so if they fail, nothing’s left.

A very well written tale which was very upsetting to me.

Bill S.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 1 year ago

"My therapist has finally gotten me to understand nothing 'just happens'. You make choices every day of your life and the consequences alter your life from that point on." - Exactly! That's why I hate when the cheater, "We didn't mean to fall in love," conveniently forgetting all the places where they could have, and should have, stopped.

\

"Then it turned to light flirting, innuendos, and small touches." - There are the choices, wrong choices, that led them to the wrong place.

\

"X fared even worse" - Well, only until he left town.

KahunabobKahunabobover 1 year ago

This felt real, raw and unapologetic. Artistic license for storytelling aside, it's good to read stories like these every once in a while where someone / a character is truly remorseful for their actions and takes accountability in a believable way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Once a cheater always a cheater ! I lived that life for 22 years. I was an idiot cuz I chose to ignore her cheating. I was 22 and just back from Vietnam and I met a 19 girl and fell for her really hard. We broke up a couple of times. Finally when she was 42 she met a 20 year old and after banging him for 9 months and divorced me. Oh well shit happens. I think most married women will cheat if they they think they can get away with it. The temptation is just to much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The commenter below is clearly still traumatised by his experience and the manner of the destruction of his marriage and while I sympathise with him I don't think he should be making such sweeping generalisations about married women. His judgement is coloured by his own tragic experience and I can assure him that there is a multitude of women out there who have not the time, energy, or even the inclination towards that kind of thing. This was a stirring tale of betrayal and redemption and thoroughly enjoyable to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why on earth did the husband try to reconcile with her in the first place?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

To Anonymous who wrote, "The commenter below is clearly still traumatised . . .," if your defense of female virtue is that many do not "have not the time, energy, or even the inclination towards that kind of thing," it's a really weak argument that two of the only things keeping them loyal is an inability to schedule and exhaustion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Felt like rewarding a cheater. Hated it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That's nice though I'm not sure how many people would be able to move on into such perfect relationships. I've said it before, and I'll say it again to forgive and forget is almost impossible That doesn't mean a new love can't happen but there are some things in life that stay with you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is terrible.........so unlike you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Interesting point of view; the wife's, she's the cheater and briefly recounts her experience after being caught. Thanks for posting. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Unlike the vast majority of the stories on the site, this one is purported to be true so even though it may not be the way I would want it to play out, it makes no difference. She learned a lesson. He learned that he couldn't trust her and their marriage ended. The learned to forgive and go on, not necessarily forget. Are they both happier? Who knows. Excellent retelling of a difficult story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She cheated because she could. Some of us don’t have second chances at love. You can forgive but you can’t really forget when part of your heart is missing. I gave it to her but it didn’t mean as much to her as it did to me. Sometimes there is no happily ever after, just after. LM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

it was a decent story.I Prefer stories with the husband as the narrator but this was not all that bad.The husband was a fool for trying to reconcile even though he was hurting inside.If your wife cheats on you and you dont have children it is almost always better to divorce her and start fresh.You dont want to be stuck in a marriage with no hopes so dont even try and waste time on forgiving the bitch

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Interesting how Mr. X gets trashed far worse than Mrs. X. even though they had an even part in ruining their marriages. Me thinks something to think about.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Looks like just another lie, another writer promoting infidelity for women, yeah you get caught, yeah things crash for a while, but it's okay because you get a happily ever after so go ahead and follow your feelings or your needs or your wants or your fling or the "just sex" and justify it that way. But when it comes right down to it, all you so-called writers are responsible for the damage that you will be causing, and Karma happens.

inka2222inka222212 months ago

I usually love QHM's stories but this was bleh. Excellent writing quality as usual, but as prior comment said, she basically have NOT paid for her crime of breaking his heart. She got half the money in the divorce, she wasted many years of his life, AND she still got happily ever after with a super desirable husband and kids. I'm barely willing to give this 4 stars, but the author took pains to at least give the husband a happy ending and to make it clear she wasn't malicious at all and at least somewhat cared about him.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Far too much like real life. Who wants to see a story of people just getting on with life. I can just look out the window or talk to some rando for that. Readers want to see something exceptional, massive car chases, big explosions or in this case the cheater getting their comeuppance, not let off with a great life as if cheating didn't matter.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

One commentator's extremely salient point - the cheating wife still ended up "happily ever after" and better off in her second marriage.

But with even a little thought, and a touch of experience, one has to realize that the probability for that kind of outcome has to be so low as to be almost non-existent. At least no greater than single digit probability, such as 1%; or one out of a hundred.

Which also provides the rationale - however bizarrely - that a person is better off cheating than being honest about divorcing to get out of a mediocre/bad marriage. Cheating leaves you in an unhappy marriage, but divorce leaves you out in the cold having to kiss 10 times more frogs and toads before even coming close to something one could describe as a "prince". Then you still have to "land" him/her!

tomol111tomol1119 months ago

Good writing and good lesson, although she lands on her feet, which is not the learning lesson the author wanted to get across.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thanks for sharing an excellent story about the building of Character!

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Too right. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not sure why some commenters think this promotes infidelity. Yes she changes and find a new love. But I wager if she could go back and do it all over she would leap at the chance. Her first husband was her real love that she took for granted. She fou d happiness again, but seeing her ex with a new woman and young child, just eviscerated her. She made do and was faithful to her second husband. It happens. It sounded like real life. But have no doubts about what she would have wished woukd have happened. Ironically it isn't just the three times, it is she did it on again/off again over the course of over a year, and betrayed her husband's trust and did not confess before the sordid details became exposed. She can be as mournful as she wants but she broke his trust. Suspect a three time (including one time that was two days sex fest in a hotel during a winter storm) would evoke reactions of betrayal similar to multimonth affair, because of the lenght of time, even if most of it, nothing happened in between, and the amount of lying. Her guilt tried to save her after the first time. She should have confessed or at least stopped and buried it, but she wnrt backs again six mo ths later and then again several months after that. Dumb.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

WOW!!! Deeply emotional. Thanks for an excellent tale and fine read!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A most realistic depiction of the fallout one can expect. Well done

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

3 stars - no comment necessary

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nicely written but the happy ending seemed at odds with the level of despondency she appeared to be feeling at the start where although she was recounting traumatic events from the past she was doing so in the present. A great read, though and very touching. JR

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Having the affair and getting caught was a learning experience - thankfully it took! Thank you sir.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I liked it. It seemed more like she was just more interested in getting the guilt off her chest at first, then as time progressed she was pointing out how she was able to move on. The story seemed that it was more of a heads up for the "cheating wives handbook", and what to expect will happen (no kids).

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The prenuptual agreement with the second husband was totally focused on her behavior over the following 20 years? No defined adverse consequences for the husband under any circumstances? That is not just a prenup. That is a Scarlet Letter. Good luck with being identified as a second class citizen in your own marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well written and somewhat realistic. Five stars ⭐️.

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

I don’t usually like to see cheaters get a happy ending, but this was so good that I didn’t mind things ending well for her.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

"Sometimes good people..."

Good? Yeah sure...

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

"I made a mistake." BS. That woman was an adult and lived in a marriage as close to perfect as humanely possible. Still she was betraying her husband and breaking the marriage contract as soon as a suitable situation presented itself. Under the circumstances described in the story it was improbable to get cought, so off she was to the races. IMO she is hardwired that way and will do it again, unless she's never put in a comparable situation again. If you don't mind to get cheated on- fine. Otherwise do not commit to someone like her.

kameljockeykameljockeyabout 2 months ago

And it is a story worth telling. I also found that some of the comments give me pause as to the mind set of some of the commentators.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy035about 1 month ago

Great story - better on the reread

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Very good . I too usually don’t have sympathy for cheaters but as I got old I do understand that not every cheater will do it over and over. It is worse when it’s a friend they cheat with and the fallout when it comes out makes a bad situation worse if that makes sense. They tried but couldn’t get past it and I probably wouldn’t be able to as well. I’d like to know how they got caught and how that person told the company and how it got back to family. See me I’d also if it was my company would never trust the snitch and would eventually find away to let them go . If the cheaters kept it to traveling they may have never gotten caught.. I know so many who at companies that travel for work and all are getting laid on their trips . On guy who was single said he fucks more happily married women than their husbands do. Crazy world out their

Psychman24Psychman2414 days ago

It is simplistic and shallow to judge people as "good or bad" as if the world is black and white and people are that one dimensional. In reality every person is a complex organism that is made up of many many behaviors through the years of life, and yes people can be very good with some behaviors but have deep flaws with other behaviors. Think of great men down through history who accomplished wonderful things that benefited the world but were philanderers and cheaters in their personal lives. Are they good people or bad people? Can we judge a persons entire character or worth by how they act in a given time or place, or can we allow for growth and change for the better? These stories and the comments tend to be full of judgment and condemnation and often its warranted but sometimes its harsh and shortsighted

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...