All Comments on 'Afraid of What Exactly?'

by SisterJezabel

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
dwoelfledwoelfleover 3 years ago

I love your characters, how they are real and imperfect. Great writing. Keep it up. Thanks for sharing it with us.

postoak2020postoak2020over 3 years ago
First time

This was the first time i had the privilage of reading one of your stories. It wont be the last. Loved the shyness of the couple, the love they found

You have a wonderful talent

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lovely romance, but don't stereotype public housing tenants.

As usual a wonderful romance and this time hardly a doctor or nurse in sight! However you seem to suggest that public housing is full of undesirable people. There are many good people in public housing. Lower end private rental is often worse than public housing. Plenty of unpleasant people live in all tenures, as do good people.

sirhugssirhugsover 3 years ago
How sneaky

to disguise a romance under the Mature category.

I did love the barista in love theme. And she seemed real.

and read it in one sitting.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 3 years ago

I thought lower class British people were not allowed to date the middle class. Something about "be chav and do knife crime". I don't think the British people were that sterotyped as that other person claimed, then again all I know of the British I learned from watching Dr. Who.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Loved your story. It's nice to read a story that doesn't jump straight to sex. Love can be found anywhere. You have a true gift for writing. keep it up

ealexerealexerover 3 years ago
Life can be good.

Thank you for a beautiful story of love found before it is too late.

It is sad that so many are never lucky enough to find it and some will not recognize it.

librertinlibrertinover 3 years ago

When, at the end of a story, I check my wife's side of the DVD shelves for "Love Actually", I know the true Category should be Romance!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice story.

Being in my 60’s and seeing how a 39 year old rates “mature” kinda pisses me off. What am I: ancient? ;)

The end seemed to be a bit rushed.

You still have problems with pronouns. When pairing two pronouns, use the pronouns as if there were just one. Give it to him. Give it to me. Give it to him and give it to me. Therefore: Give it to him and ME! You do not say “Give it to him and I.”

HarryHillHarryHillover 3 years ago
Transitions!

For example...

My hand found its way between my legs and I was surprised by the moisture I found there. I stuck a finger inside myself and wondered what Raf's cock was like. I found my clit and started circling it with my fingers. I could feel my arousal building and before too long I was moaning as my pussy spasmed and endorphins filled my body.

"Raf said he's fine for Saturday. I gave him your number; I hope you don't mind." Charlotte again had dropped Poppy at school.

The jumps before and after this one caused me to pause while finding the thread of the story again. Use a tilde ~, or *, or a descriptive word when changing gears

no vote but that's not necessary a bad thing in this case. cute story. :)

yowseryowserover 3 years ago

Sweet tale

Slow build of interest, intriguing tension all the way through, lovely human characters.

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
I Just Love Good Storytelling*****

That was some good storytelling. Thanks for sharing.

stewartbstewartbover 2 years ago

I'm retired now ; but back at my office days everyone knew Friday 13TH was my special holiday and I brought in office treats to celebrate the day. The office was Suite#13 ... phone ext#13 ... company stock sku was 13.xxxx. Always walked under ladders etc. Loved the story and really liked the characters. Perfect "5".

PickFictionPickFictionover 2 years ago

When I need to read a good, no, make that excellent, story, I know I can come to your catalog, find something I haven't already devoured, and be totally enveloped by the story. This was certainly no exception to that rule. The characters were so well done, all of them, and the pace was excellent, as it needs to be for this type of story. Beautiful job, as always, and also as always, such easy reading.

barcomberbarcomberover 2 years ago

Loved the story and 5* but I must say the ums irritated me, l realise that normal speech is often like that, but it doesn't make for easy reading.

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderover 1 year ago

How gloriously sweet and gentle! I loved the slow pace, the kindness and care, and the realness of it all with children and past relationships all present and making their impacts. Real life. Beautifully written

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSisterJezabel@SisterJezabel
10 December- "Hey Twister—Letters to my dead twin" has been submitted in the Letters and Transcripts section and should be published in the next few days. It's fairly lengthy (25k words) but can easily be read in sections. I'll be honest- I like romance and happy endings. My...

SIMILAR Stories