All Comments on 'After the End Ch. 06'

by RobinZephyr

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
BlowPopJBlowPopJalmost 3 years ago
Wow

Been waiting for this chapter and to say I'm astounded would be an understatement. I was wholy expecting to read about the doctor that was interested in Julian and Avery, but to read about Avery sleeping with Rowan? Just damn! I was like "No Avery" the whole time and Julian's reaction wasn't completely out of line, since I'm sure in any universe, if you get cheated on you'd dump that person immediately.

But I'm glad they talked and got things sorted out.

curiousaudreycuriousaudreyalmost 3 years ago

Robin you're a good writer, I waited so long for this. Only to be disappointed. It would've been better if you'd left this story alone because you ruined it for me, I hate to say it. I don't know if you'd just run out of ideas and had to find a way to drive the plot forward but it's a miss. A huge miss. I had to suspend my disbelief the whole time when Avery did what he did, him not even thinking of Julian even for a moment while he cheated on him and it was only afterwards that he remembers he has a partner. Utter disbelief. I'm in disbelief at Avery not even giving a plausible reason for why he did what he did, just lust? I can't believe it. He threw all the intimacy and honesty he built with Julian all for a moment of lust.

And what does he do to atone for his betrayal? Goes on to sleep with many other women and does not even do the work to show his remorse and that he actually wants Julian back. Instead he harps on about how sorry he is and how it's hurting him to be apart from Julian. He's incredibly selfish and Julian deserves better than to be guilted into a relationship back with him to make him feel better.

The fact that Rowan had the audacity to approach Julian and tell him that him breaking off the relationship was worse than Avery's cheating is so disgusting and even telling him Avery would move on from him before it's too late, how disgusting. All through out, Julian and his feelings haven't been considered at all, he was just heaped on to forgive Avery for his betrayal and assuage his guilt and pain that he actually brought upon himself.

And Avery actually having the nerve to ask Julian if he'd slept with anyone while he was whoring like excuse me??

I've just been in disbelief this whole time. I was thinking it was so out of character how everyone acted. It shouldn't have been easy for Julian to take Avery back. Avery should have done more work to earn Julian's forgiveness. Avery shouldn't have cheated at all but he did and you should have made it believable.

I'm disappointed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow!!

GoddesspandaGoddesspandaalmost 3 years ago

I don't hate you as the author however I do hate this codependent relationship

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Okay, everyone seems pretty down on this chapter. I really liked it. Please keep writing! If those people wanted a different direction, they can go out and write their own stories. You have a fantastic way of changing perspectives, not to mention that you keep the intimacy fresh. I have deeply enjoyed your writing.

RobinZephyrRobinZephyralmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you all for sharing your perspectives. Each person's interpretation of a story is influenced by their unique combination of personal values, past experiences, and views about the nature of relationships. Given that, I don't believe it is the author's place to explain or defend their work. To paraphrase Orson Scott Card in the introduction to Ender's Game, one of the rewarding aspects of writing is that each reader gets to participate in the story by seeing it through their own eyes. In the end, the "true story," the one that you take away in your imagination, is co-created by both you and me.

I appreciate that infidelity can be a triggering subject. Rest assured that the events in chapter six were always a planned part of the overall novel. This story is one vehicle through which to explore the infinitely complex realms of identity, emotion, and connection. I am honored that it has been meaningful, enjoyable, or even just interesting to any of you. There are many possible ways to imagine the journey of these characters. Feel free to choose a different version in your own mind. :)

dnsontndnsontnalmost 2 years ago

I cannot share the disappointment of other comments left here. This seemed rather necessary, inevitable. More adrenaline fueled error than a true betrayal. He’s not yet twenty-four for Christ sake. Beautiful line here: “peace settled over us like a cosmic benediction.”. That’s the thing that matters. A poignant plot twist, RobinZephyr. Well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRobinZephyr@RobinZephyr
Update 4/6/2024: I've paused editing After the End - Part 3 due to other demands on my time, but I'm still committed to having the remaining four chapters (19-22) to you at some point. You can encourage the process by letting me know you'd like to read more. :) About my work...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES