All Comments on 'After the End of the World'

by Michael_Butterfield

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
harristharristover 3 years ago
WOW! `

Despite the astounding number of unbelievable and truly unique successful results of several horrendous sets of circumstances, an absolutely remarkable story. I loved it thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Odd that World War III turned out so well, except for a lot of dead people.

You would think there would be a lot more turmoil, war lords, civil unrest, some discussion and accountability as to who started the war, and for what purpose. All the technical excuses as to why that was obscure is complete fantasy, and a lazy plot device. I appreciate you wanted an end of the world setting for your plot, but you didn't do the work to make it believable. And then this slave ship coming to America to pickup a batch of victims, with the foreign captain choosing new slave stock without any American participation and verification. Yeah, it was world war 3, no one paying attention. Ridiculous.

Whatever. Thanks for the effort.

GHreaderGHreaderover 3 years ago
Welcome Back Michael

It is so good to read another of your stories. This one gave me a reason to reread The End of the World so I got two doses of Michael Butterfield storytelling. I may stick around to reread your other ones.

I hope to see more of your well written and well plotted stories soon. I am so pleased you came back to finish this one. The end of The End of the World was unsettling. Thank you for giving it closure.

txcrackertxcrackerover 3 years ago
WoW !

What else can I say , read them back to back , and The end of the world was very unsettling but you have brought this one off with a BANG !

MacHardyMacHardyover 3 years ago
Great stuff

Ok, so I can breathe again. Enjoyed, Now the world has come to an end, what are you going to do next? I mean, come on, I will be waiting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Why take the life raft*

Why not stay on the cruise ship and take it over... cause it’s completely doable.

Decent story

G5902G5902about 3 years ago

I greatly enjoyed your first story, so I was excited when I found this addition today!!! Thank you for sharing such great stories!!!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

I liked it. After reading the original, I’d hoped that Lana would wake up from a nightmare, still in the bunker with Greg. Yet somehow the nightmare was real, and she turned out okay despite surviving the apocalypse.

Brittanyduran86Brittanyduran86about 3 years ago
5 stars

Great story hope you continue your work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This is a very, very nice story with a lot of character development and sexual banter. It is wholly believable. Well done and I hope you continue in your writing. In fact, I would personally welcome a story that places itself in the context of their 20ish years in the Falklands. 5 very worthy stars. Perhaps it could have some females being serviced by married men who "help" those families that would otherwise have no offspring because male infertility.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I understand that 50k words won’t just materialize in the blink of an eye, but I’ll be delighted to read whatever this author can produce. Keep em coming. 5 stars.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars for some of previous chapters, but the first page of this part of the story just turned me off. Sorry, but I just skipped to the last page to add this comment.

TulipfuzzTulipfuzzover 2 years ago

After the disappointing "End of the World" effort I knew that with the bar being set low "after..." should be at least, better. I was not dissatisfied second time. Well done! 🌎

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! Just wow!! Thank you!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Quite the imagination. You put me through a roller-coaster there, I thought you'd killed off Caiden and she was going to have to move on again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolutely amazing, wish I could give 10 stars! I was so sad after reading "The End of the World"... but you made up for it in this second part of the story. The whole story would also make for a great Hollywood blockbuster. I especially love that it's told from a female perspective. Thank you, Mr. Butterfield!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great Read!!!

Loved the twists and turns of both stories:}

Wish, as part of the ending, you would of thrown in a little about the state of the world and hopefully the demise of Patagonia!!!

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

A proper adventure story, top notch writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great series. You are very good.

maddictmaddictabout 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Good story, I'm glad you wrapped up the ending. The Héctor Cámpora just might have been the worst of mankind.

aslan72aslan7210 months ago

I loved & hated this story for the obvious storyline. Great work. I look forward to reading your next story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Done at p.11. Your debasement of the main character ( however you use necessity as a justification for her actions, it does not excuse yours) ruined my enjoyment of a moderately well-written story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loved the story. You almost lost me when Caiden fell overboard. If he had of died I would’ve stopped reading. Then would have switched to a different writer. Thankfully none of that happened. LM

oldgraycatoldgraycatabout 2 months ago

What a wonderful story. This was like reading a true story as this story could still happen the way the world is going just now, sorry to say.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMichael_Butterfield@Michael_Butterfield
The first fiction I ever wrote (outside of grade school assignments anyway) was a short piece of erotica that I first shared here at Lit. Somehow an Editor’s Choice award was bestowed upon it, but at my request that early and clumsy effort was eventually removed and I focused ...