All Comments on 'After the Fall Ch. 08'

by Enchantment_of_Nyx

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
grrr

Actually, a bit less grrr this time, Michael seems to have become a bit better, although I couldn't help thinking that the rehearsal was a bit gratuitous for him :D. I am worried for Mariah among those wolves, although Michael noticing all kinds of subtleties in her body language etc. made him seem a bit too competent compared to how he's been up till now, it is indeed a risky situation she will be in...

LostnFoundBinLostnFoundBinover 3 years ago

Ashtray is getting better, much better. By now we all know he is not perfect and never will be. But I am starting to see his attempts to be better and wanting to be “perfect“ for her. Which is a huge departure from his normal “me me me” self. I still think he still use the trigger “kitten” too often and often too inappropriately. But even I am coming around to the point when I can understand how it’s hard for him not too. We shall see how he does on their trip. Who knows, I might even remove the word ashtray from my next comment if his growth trajectory continues. I doubt it, but then again... ;)

Mariah is still amazing and one of the strongest female leads written into a submissive role. I was surprised to see that while ashtray has a lot of introspective moments and changed behaviors in this chapter. She had few. Was it because she doesn’t need to change and he does? Because she’s just decided to accept things won’t change and only reacts to the things that do? Or because she’s becoming comfortable with the relationship and not in a passive way, but in a “this is starting to feel right” so she not triggering kind of way...if that makes sense.

Either way ashtray is doing better, she is seemingly doing well, and I can’t wait for their next adventure. As always very well done.

I just wanted to add that I appreciate all the work you put into this story. You could have raced through the sharing of the plan for the compound, splashed in some sex, and then flown them off to the land of the Elites. But you didn’t. You focused on delivering a story with a plot. Everything you added about their relationship, their mindset, their continued (but improving) flaws, and despite what some might say about the length, those details and story arcs matter and made this a great chapter.

Thank you.

Enchantment_of_NyxEnchantment_of_Nyxover 3 years agoAuthor
My Dear Anonhymous Grrr,

He did enjoy the rehearsal a bit much, didn't he? But he's Michael, so it would have been weird if he didn't. One thing you may notice about Michael is that he's much better at picking up on subtleties when HIS behavior isn't at issue. He is still Michael, after all.

Enchantment_of_NyxEnchantment_of_Nyxover 3 years agoAuthor
Dear LostnFoundBin,

Michael is trying, but he's still Michael. If you decide to take the "Ashtray" nametag off of him, don't throw it away. You'll be needing it again later!

Mariah's getting comfortable with the relationship, but she's not comfortable with feeling comfortable about it. She's at a disadvantage trying to sort through feelings that she doesn't acknowledge having. She's also inexperienced with an actual relationship, as opposed to her previous friends with benefits arrangements that she controlled and restricted.

I'm glad you appreciated the "work" part of this chapter. I had hoped to advance some of the main plotlines a little more than I managed to get in this chapter, but there was just too much that still needed to be done first. The characters just weren't ready to be at The Center quite yet, and it was no good trying to jerk the plot forward prematurely.

Thank you as always for your thoughts on the Chapter, and for your encouragement. Both are much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Next chapter!

Any more news on when the next chapter will be out? I don't mean to be a nag, but I'm just looking forward to it! I love stories like this with such extensive world building and a strong, intelligent heroine.

In the next chapter, I'm hoping that someone at the center makes a pass at Mariah and we get to witness the reactions of both her and Michael... But I'm excited for whatever you have in mind, regardless!

Enchantment_of_NyxEnchantment_of_Nyxover 3 years agoAuthor
Dear Anonymous Next Chapter

I'm glad you're liking it so much but sorry to report that I don't have a firm estimate yet. I was hoping to finish it this weekend, but I haven't been able to work on it so far. I've got some covid-19-related family medical issues that are my focus right now. I think it will probably be at least another week, but it could be longer if I don't get time to work on it.

I'm not going to give any spoilers away on what happens at The Center, either! :-P I will say that they are going to be glad to get back home afterward, but for different reasons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So good!

Found and binged all your chapters today! I just wanted to say that I appreciated your work :)

Enchantment_of_NyxEnchantment_of_Nyxover 3 years agoAuthor
Dear Anonymous So Good,

That was a lot of reading! I'm really happy to hear you're enjoying it. There's more to come soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Re: Next Chapter

Oh no! Good luck and stay healthy.

Enchantment_of_NyxEnchantment_of_Nyxover 3 years agoAuthor
Dear Anonymous Next Chapter

Thank you so much! I haven't gotten it myself so far. I'm hoping things will settle down soon. I really appreciate the sentiment. :)

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

This is truly an amazing story. There are some minor typos, and spots where a word was missing, or a fragment that should have been edited out, but on the whole it’s very well written. The tone of the writing is a very good match for its setting and subject matter.

Unfortunately now I’m hooked, and looking for Ch 9. Been checking the bio page looking for updates, awaiting anxiously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Living for this

I need more of this. Im fully intertwined with all the characters and story line

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More please!!

Love this, can’t wait for the center. Do you know when we can expect the next chapter?

2soon2no2soon2noover 3 years ago

The Center adds an element of mystery. Can they find trustworthy security people? Can they keep their social changes a secret from other Elites? Why is that David character helping the Mayor? Yes, I am now caught up, and at your mercy! It's probably presumptuous to think you might need someone to go over your next chapter, but I would gladly help. Winning over the towns people is another upcoming story that I await on the edge of my seat. Will Jack find a love interest? Will they find the skills they need? You have not mentioned teachers. A good educator can go a long way.

I also like the power that Mariah is getting. Michael is learning to trust her more, but there will certainly be struggles in that area to come, like when he finds out about the transmitter. Probably at the worst time.

Keep up the good work. =DT

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Are you okay?

Just wanted to make sure the author didn't die or something, I'm fine waiting but I'm genuinely starting to get concerned

XviiQueenofswordsXviiQueenofswordsabout 3 years ago

I really need more of this story. Hope all is well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Hoping the author is well...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Worried about the author...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I found this series (I think it's a series) 4 days ago and I'm already caught up! I am so excited for the next Chapter! I hope to see more of the relationship between Ezra and Sarah, and sex scences with and among other people. Btw, is it me or does Sarah come off as a little girl at times?

OAN: Do you have a website and any published books?

Bamm2797Bamm2797about 3 years ago
Love it!!!

Great series! Can’t wait for the rest of them. Have not been able to get hit reading it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoy the series and look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ugh I hope the author is okay and just gave up on the story. If that's the case, please come back, we love your writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I would love to have you complete this series. Dystopian, romance, erotic, novella. Best I’ve seen on this site in a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love this story! Hoping you’ll be able to continue writing it—it needs an ending! :)

kiwiplumkiwiplumover 2 years ago

Much better! Michael is redeeming himself and she's not getting lost in the process. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a great story. Hope we get a final chapter.

hellothere1887hellothere1887over 2 years ago

Would love to see more! Thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

PLEASE FINISH THE STORY!!! Seriously the best novel I've read in a long time. It has everything. Love the dystopian setting and the reluctance power dynamic with the perfect amount of punishment (i.e. not too much!) Everything is set up perfectly for the center. We must know what happens! Also I'm just invested in the whole story right now and would love a happy ending chapter after that with a pregnancy or something.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Boring ass chapter - he's just trying to justify turning her into a fucktoy. "You need to get used to waiting for permission instead of doing things the way you automatically would."...say what???

Allegedly_LiterateAllegedly_Literateover 1 year ago

Ah man you just left us hanging bahahahaha so is this a platform for writers to feel out how the masses will accept a story before publication 🤷🏻‍♀️

ProperTeaProperTeaover 1 year ago

This has been one of my favorite stories so far. Please come back and finish it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I hope you come back. Very well written and engaging.

Aqua317Aqua317over 1 year ago

This story is a favorite I read over and over again. Please finish it. Please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Extremely well written and engaging, even without the amazing sex scenes which just add to the story and character development (on top of being very hot!) Looking forward to the next chapter!

Mizdrgn28Mizdrgn287 months ago

Loved this story, and I’m so sorry you didn’t finish it. I was hoping that maybe you had finished it somewhere else, but if so I have been unable to find it.

hereforthebeerhereforthebeer3 months ago

Nyx- I hope you’re doing well, and I hope you come back! Can’t wait to read more.

LangeannLangeann2 months ago

I love this story. Unfortunately it’s another dead end. I really hate that about this website. They shouldn’t allow unfinished stories. Especially when they’re this good!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This is a really great story. I hope you come back to it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEnchantment_of_Nyx@Enchantment_of_Nyx
Thank you to the readers who took the time to rate my stories. I'm especially grateful to those of you who commented. It's important to me to understand how my writing comes across, and comments are the best way to learn about that. <><><><><><><><><><><> PUBLICATION UPDATES...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES