After the Win Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Whoops!! Among the other things we are finding out, I forgot to tell you is that to ensure you a seat on various boards, you had to be a percentage shareholder. Not a huge percentage, but not some grandma with 5 shares she got that summer she worked a register and giving her a zero point zero one percentage holding. No, Stephen, we are talking owning up to 5 % of several companies, depending on net market value and their in-house rules. By the way, you invested very wisely so far and are making a killing on those stocks. So, no, you are right in the middle of it all and going to get into it clear up past your eyeballs. And as your personal attorney and financial advisor, we have some special rights others might not have. So we will have our bases covered and also do not forget my dad will be there. He is at home right now sharpening the axe he uses to behead beings of lesser virtue shall we say. I doubt there are enough bandages in Texas and New York combined to take care of all the mortally wounded that shall need attention when this is over. I would like to propose a toast to the cities of Houston and New York, especially the Wall Street Area. This is going to be a bloodletting of epic proportions, and I am sorry you have to see and endure it. No, wait a minute... That was wrong. Wall Street, you are a heartless bitch. Cruel, crooked, dishonest, and ever so much more. I have but one regret and that is that I have but one dick to stick in you, you heartless bitch. May you burn in Hell."

Christie looked at her watch and said "We need to look at the time. We have to be in position before 11 am for the best results. After that, it will a freefall of those affected. If we stay here we would need to be wheels up by 7 or 8 AM at the extreme latest. I suggest we call our pilots and have them get the plane ready and we fly on out tonight and sleep a half hour on the plane if possible as it is only an hour's flight and have a hotel booked for us and then we can be there to ruin so many wonderful corporate breakfasts and lunches, I wonder how many power lunches and suppers are going to be cancelled. I also wonder how many divorce and corporate lawyers are going to be swamped and, oh, never mind. The State Bar Association should just go ahead and put Steve and Mike's names up for person of the year awards." This sure brought a laugh from the group Anne noted.

"And what about clothes and toiletries for us ladies? You men are basically barbaric anyhow so it should not matter." Christie asked.

"Barbaric?? Come here woman, I'll show you barbaric." replied Stephen.

"Down, Boy, we still have to have a serious question and answer session before you can get too familiar with your betters." quickly stated Christie.

This caused Mike and Anne to both to almost go into hysterics. With tears in his eyes, Mike said "Whooee, boy, are you ever in trouble. I feel for you, son, I really do, but well, you know, you gotta take it like a man."

"Thanks, Bud. I really needed that you know, I thought we were Bros."

"Oh, we are but she is a hell of a lot cuter and a whole lot more fun in a sleeping bag." The two girls snorted and about died laughing when Mike said that."

"Damn, Mike. Don't do that again. That was awful."

" Okay, quickly now, how soon can we be out of here. The pilots cannot fly but they have standbys waiting at the FBO desk for us. We can buy all the makeup we need at the hotel and probably most everything else also. The car is ready whenever you all are, so if you are ready, then let's do it, win, lose, or draw.

The plane was wheels up about 10:00 and that let them set down at a private airport just outside Houston just before 11 PM thanks to a headwind slowing them slightly. The SUV they had rented was waiting for them at the gate so after loading their bags they got in and headed to the hotel where there were two suites, each with two king sized beds in separate rooms away from the sitting area. Stephen had figured and accepted the idea that the girls would take one suite and that Mike and Steve would use the other. As the elevator slowed and Mike prepared to exit so did Steve. Mike looked at Steve and said "Unum, don't think so, Buddy. This one is mine and you got your own, so have a good night and we shall see you no later than 930 down at the dining room. Bye now and you all have a good time, but play nice now." And with that he left.

Christie hooked her arm in his and said they had three more floors before they got to theirs, so he should relax a bit. She noticed him looking kind of nervous and so she told him laughingly that she didn't bite. Nibble, yes, but bite, no." and she stated laughing. Women! he thought.

As soon as they were inside the room, Christie pushed Steve into a large overstuffed chair and as soon as he was sitting down, she landed on his lap like she belonged there and said that she had a few questions she needed answers for like she had mentioned. Then she asked him if she should wait until later in the day to do this and he looked at her long and hard and said, No, let the inquisition begin." Christie laughed and said that it shouldn't be that bad. He did notice the word 'shouldn't' in there, which really didn't help much.

Christie had her arms around Steve's neck and she took a hand and took his chin in it and turned his head until she could look him in the eyes and said, "Steve, you have never said or done one thing that could have been considered out of place, suggestive, obscene, harassing, wrong, or sexual in any way or anything else in any way. You have always been a perfect gentleman. Why?? What is wrong with me that you chose to ignore me completely and break my heart a million times. Please tell me why. I have loved you for years. I don't mean an infatuation, I mean a full-blown boy-girl love the likes of which produce bunches of little short people running around calling out "Mommy" or "Daddy'' and looking for love and attention and their puppy dog. That kind of love Steve. The kind of love I have for you and always have had. Look at me, please, and tell me what is wrong with me. I never let on when you were married but she is gone and now I have to know."

Steve did not know what to say. That had been the most profound statement he had ever heard. He knew that there had to have been a tearing and rendering of her very soul to make such heartfelt statements. If he did not love her, he did know that he did have feelings that were so deep that they would have to be uncovered a layer at a time like finding and uncovering a treasure, which in this case he felt he had done just that.

"Christie, will you please bear with me for a few minutes while I stumble blindly through a maze and through a thick and undisturbed, unexplored jungle for a bit. Will you do that for me, please?"

With tears in her eyes, Christie afraid of what her one true love might say told him to go ahead. Noticing her voice kind of starting to tremble and shake when she spoke, Steve placed his hands on each cheek and brought her head down to his and placed the gentlest kiss he knew how to give on her lips. Gone were the wild mountain climbing, horse racing, fast action type kisses so often teen in movies. Replaced by this one slow sensuous kiss with more feelings of love and promise in it than you could believe. He could feel her not melt, but relax into something comfortable. This was what he wanted for each of them.

When he pulled back far enough to look at her, she still had her eyes closed and a look of both contentment and puzzlement about her as well. "Christine, to answer your question about what is wrong with you. The answer is simply nothing. Nothing at all. You are perfect in every way Imaginable. You have looks, beauty, brains, intelligence, compassion, Hell, you have an abundance of everything. What you did not have was a male suitor that did not have his head up his butt. I should have pursued you into eternity if necessary to win your hand years and years ago, you are that perfect. But I didn't because I was blind to everything but the good times a boy that age needs and craves. I did say boy didn't I. A real man would never have acted that way, so for that I apologize profoundly and profusely. That profession of your love for me liked to have killed you and it did the same for me. Never have I heard the heartfelt emotion and the depth of one's feelings like that. Christie, it caused me to do what you had set out to do and that was to look deep into myself and see what feelings I might have for you. I have done so and now I have to say something that may sound really strange at this stage of our relationship, but Christine,"

"Yes,"

"Christine, I am trying to do something."

"Steve"

"Christine, I am trying to say something."

"Steve...yes, I'll marry you. Right now, if you could find a justice of the peace open. We can get up early and do it before going to see my so-called father. And that might be a heck of an idea when you think about it. as then you would have even more legal rights. Let's sleep or something until about 7 30 and then see if we can find a wedding chapel in a town of this size. Now kiss me for the first time as the husband of mine to be. And she wrapped her arms around him until he thought he might suffocate. She did release him, but their lips seemed to have become attached as they did not separate when the rest of their body did.

Steve looked at his watch and saw that it was a little after 4 in the morning. What the Hell he thought, and he picked up the phone. "You don't sound all that chipper this morning, old Buddy. Have that beautiful lady next to you slap the heck out of you to get you going as we have lots to do and not much time to do it in."

"Okay, I am going to set the phone down or give it to Anne and she can visit while I wash my face."

"Is that what they are calling it now days?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You said you were going to wash your face and I wondered if that is what the boys call going to pee in the jug or something. Okay, bad joke at this time of day."

Steve put the phone on speaker and then handed it to Christie and said, "Okay, Christie, please talk to Anne so Mike can go wash his face. Oh, and tell him to not to forget to pull it back and wash behind his ears, too".

Christie said "Give me that stupid phone before you get us all kicked out of here. Men!" Then she whispered that they would keep her laughing forever if they could. When Mike came back he asked what was so funny and he was told it was a girl thing and that he would not understand.

"Mike, we call upon you now in this, our moment of need, to see if perhaps you know of a justice of the peace..."and a piercing scream comes through the phone.

"He asked you, didn't he? What did you use, tears or sex? What? Okay. It's your turn, and buster, you might better pay attention and let this be lesson to you."

Mike took the phone back from Anne and said "You know you just screwed up my life, don't you? Heck, I was going to postpone the wedding for at least... Ouch!! Hey!! I was only kidding. Anne? Anne, Honey?? You had better ask quick Steve, I think I have got some fast talking to do and maybe some serious ass kissing to do also. Of course, that part isn't bad."

"Do you know of a justice of the peace that can marry us before we see your grandfather?"

"No, no Justice of the Peace, but how about a full blown Circuit Court Judge? There is at least one that eats downstairs every morning and has for ages. We could do it right there in the dining room or maybe the hotel lobby. We can let the girls choose. And yes, Anne will be there but she may have a club or my .40 caliber Smith with her. And would you object to being a part of a double wedding ceremony? Yeah, if she is still talking to me, she can marry me at same time as you guys. It will be fun, then we can all take the plane to some place exotic for a honeymoon. Anne, I know you are listening, so do you want to make it a double ring ceremony? Okay, yes, I meant-a quad ring, double wedding. Yes, Honey... Me and you and Christine and the bum that used to be my brother. What do you think, the lobby or the dining room or maybe a meeting room somewhere? Got it. Okay, Steve. We will all get married in a meeting room just off the lobby due to time constraints. Then we will take care of some unfinished business and then get the hell out of Dodge, way the hell out of Dodge. Rings? Well, we have ours but I know a jeweler that lives above his store and it is only a couple of blocks so let me give him a call. And I have to call my father also. He will want to be there, too." Continued Mike.

Christie came out of the bedroom and caught the end of the conversation and asked to speak with Stephen privately for a moment and took him back into the bedroom, hugged him and kissed him with a hungriness that bespoke of things to come and when she pulled back, she said "Stephen, I want to discuss our wedding rings if you don't mind. Almost all brides have a nice diamond engagement ring and then a diamond wedding ring to compliment it at the wedding. I feel strongly that all I want is a matching set of beautiful wedding bands. They can be carved and made to where they are the only two like it in the world but I really do not want a diamond at this time. Later, I will gladly accept a diamond for an anniversary gift, and it damn well better happen, too, buster, but for now, please let's just have a nice set of bands."

"Your wish is my command as they say, my lovely soon to be bride. I do not know what the dear jeweler may think after expecting to sell a $30,000 diamond and instead selling only a couple of thousand worth of bands. But we do not have to put him on our Christmas card list, so I don't really care what he thinks. Now run get dressed, Sweetie, for as soon as we have them and get back here we can start the ceremony. Mike is supposedly talking the jewelry store owner into getting dressed and opening up for us this morning, then as soon as we are back here, we can get dressed and see if I look good enough to marry or not. Mike is also going to call his father so he can be there and then we can eat if we have time before the wedding. Then it should be time for the fun and fireworks to start. Let's go check on Mike now."

When they got to the living area, Mike and Anne were waiting for them. As they finished their early morning coffee they pulled on their jackets and gathered purses and such and were by far happier than any of them had been in a long, long time.

Revenge, retribution, getting even, or any other term for what was going to happen afterwards was left lying in the dust. This was going to be a tight knit, family oriented, loving, honorable, productive, and fun loving family.

When they got to the jewelry store, the owner was standing inside by the door waiting for them. After unlocking the doors and greeting Mike and Anne warmly and then turning his attention to Steve and Christie he asked them what they had in mind. Before they could answer, Mike blurted out that they were not interested in diamonds as everyone had diamonds. He thought they might be interested in something from the antiquities section, especially if it had a reproduction copy to go along with it. This sounded fantastic to Steve and it also sounded so hokey that he would have bet his fortune on Mike having prior knowledge of the availability of such items, because Steve had never even heard of such a thing being available.

The store owner, keeping up the innocent act, smiled and said "In that case, let us walk back over by the vault for these to show as that is where the better lighting is located." Steve wondered if the term better lighting equated somehow to the term higher priced, but kept it as an unspoken thought. He could afford it, so what the heck, anything his bride desired she would get.

The first piece the jeweler brought out was an ornately carved set of rings that had a set of mythical sea creatures swimming around the band. All in all, it was kind of garish and not all that pretty. He was afraid that most of what they would see would be that way given the time period of their construction. The next set was about the same except the carvings on this one were animals of the field. Again, too garish for his liking.

This went on for a few minutes when Stephen stopped the jeweler and asked to see a specific set he had caught a glimpse of under a velvet tray drape.

The jeweler said that no one ever looked at that set in earnest, as it was quite pricy due to the indicate carvings and etchings on it. Steve asked for a 10X jeweler's loupe and was told that all they had in that area were 5X loupes. Steve told the man that they were not going anywhere and he wanted either a 10X loupe or a 20X one. He also noticed that everyone was looking at him like he had suddenly grown a second and third head. He almost laughed at them. The jeweler was back with a new 10X loupe in just a minute and Steve went to a viewing light and after turning it this way and that way found the viewing angle he wanted and studied the two rings closely, very closely. "Do you have the copies for these?"

"I do have them but they are not of the quality that you have seen with some of the other pieces, these are just too intricate to do a fine job on without spending a ton of money on them, but we did the best we could." Replied the jeweler.

"What is the karat rating on both the originals and the copies?" asked Steve.

"22 and a dab on the originals and 18 on the copies."

"How much for the pair?"

"Which pair?"

"Dumb question, Sport. How much for all of it, including all the paperwork and I mean all the paperwork.

"Humm. How about $65, 000" replied the jeweler.

"You know better than that. Wrap them up while I write you a check for $42,500."

"I couldn't possibly sell these for that amount. It just isn't possible. I have more than that in them and then there is the price of the copy and ..."

"42,500 and quickly as I have a wedding to get to. Make it $45and wrap up the broach, too. I also will give you time to get a conscience before a hint is dropped to Interpol about certain missing artifacts that just disappeared from a showing in Africa some years back. Oh, and getting a conscience does not mean doing anything with loose stones or gold or any such dastardly doings. Do I make myself clear? You could come out quite the hero and with a nice reward to boot. I will be watching the news for further information. Sorry to run, but we have a lot to do and not much time to do it." Steve said as he handed over the check and took the paperwork and other forms and folders and filed them away.

Once they were away from the curb, Christie quickly turned towards Steve and said "Stephen James Carpenter. What did you just do?? There is no way that I could ever marry anyone who tried to make me an accessory to antiquities theft. How could you. I thought you loved me."

"Did you hear that Mike?? Our first fight and she got all three names right, too. I am impressed. What do you think, Mike?"

Before Mike could say anything, Anne jumped in and said "I agree with Christine. I thought I knew you and could not and cannot believe what I just heard back there. I think I have to reshape my thoughts on our friendship."

"Damn, I am really sorry you feel that way Anne. I always thought a lot of you and high hopes of us having a meaningful relationship for years to come after we all got married. I do hope you will change your mind at some later date, a not too distant later date. Now listen, please.

"She did not love him like he loved her. On a trip to Cape Town, it all came to a head when he caught her out with her girlfriends and a couple of gentlemen, for lack of a better term, on the party circuit. Word had gotten to Albert and he had his coachman drive him to a local hotspot and sure enough he found his fiancé doing the dirty with one of the gentlemen who then supposedly volunteered to inspect the insides of the stomach if one of the Cape Town area's great white sharks. Or maybe he did not volunteer. Hard to tell when royalty is involved. Anyhow, the prince forced the jeweler to refund his payment for the rings and they were resold to a ship's captain from one of the lines that served Cape Town.